ForumsNewsFeature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans

Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
tomeryosk

Posted: Jan 03, 2019
Score: 1 Reference
Just my 2 cents - Toodledo combined with UTDL (ultimate to do list) is the best combo I've found after examining multiple offerings.

UTDL specifically is amazing (e.g. Tasker support), and it appears that it supports only Toodledo & Google Tasks

I haven't tried UTDL with Google Tasks, but I think it's not going to be good enough because the web interface of Google Tasks is just so simplistic - where it UTDL gonna cram all the data it stores? (+no web interface like i have today with toodledo)

Did anyone try UTDL with google tasks and can provide some input about it?

Thanks!

This message was edited Jan 03, 2019.
Mike Thomas

Posted by tomeryosk:
Just my 2 cents - Toodledo combined with UTDL (ultimate to do list) is the best combo I've found after examining multiple offerings.

UTDL specifically is amazing (e.g. Tasker support), and it appears that it supports only Toodledo & Google Tasks

I haven't tried UTDL with Google Tasks, but I think it's not going to be good enough because the web interface of Google Tasks is just so simplistic - where it UTDL gonna cram all the data it stores? (+no web interface like i have today with toodledo)

Did anyone try UTDL with google tasks and can provide some input about it?

Thanks!

I agree on the combination of Toodledo with Ultimate To-Do List. I've used it for several years and have not enjoyed looking for an alternative.

I tried UTL with Google tasks briefly, but did not like how the tasks are presented on a PC browser (vs. the UTL app).

That said, I saw this in the Google group for UTL this morning (from the author of UTL):
"I'm pleased to announce that we were able to arrange with Toodledo to become an approved partner app. This means that Ultimate To-Do List can continue syncing with free Toodledo accounts, in spite of the changes being rolled out in this new year."
sknipfing

Posted by tsinvest:
I purchased the Pro subscription of TickTick and so far I really like it. It is cross platform so I can use it on my Android phone, iPad and my Windows computer. It syncs perfectly and has a ton of features that aren't really apparent until you start using it. If I'm not mistaken it can do everything in your list above. The new team at Toodledo lost my confidence so I decided to try another service. So far I am pretty certain I will stick with TickTick. In addition to the above it has a calendar feature that is very handy and helps with tracking your tasks. Good luck with your decision.

I just checked it out and it does seem to ticktick (couldn't resist) most, if not all, my boxes. Will definitely look into this one very closely. Hopefully, I can find a way to import from Toodledo. Not a deal breaker but a like to have.

The price is right also. I may be able to get away with free version, but the $27.99 price point is back to where Toodledo used to be for Gold subscription.

Edit: Wow. I dug around a bit more on their site. They even have a way to import from Toodledo. Looks like I may have a weekend project.
1. Move all my notes from Toodledo. Mainly how I keep track of my file folders in my home office. This is not a big deal, will likely move them to MS OneNote.
2. Migrate my Toodledo tasks over to TickTick. Start with monthly subscription. After I get comfortable with it, I can then commit to the annual model.

And here I thought this would take the better part of a year. This may be over quickly.

Thanks for the heads up.

This message was edited Jan 03, 2019.
Larry2

Score: 0 Reference
In case no one is aware, there is mixed pricing information. Going to toodledo.com and selecting Pricing will display 3 tiers Free, Silver, Gold with outlandish pricing. Pretty much looks like the old subscription levels. Be sure to log out or go with a browser you don't normally use.

The other pricing plans show up in Aaron's blog for January 2019. Read down to where he talks about the new subscription pricing. There is a link to display the pricing plans available Jan 1. However that has 4 plans and is similar to previously announced features.

So we have two subscription options. I put in a trouble ticket yesterday asking for clarification but haven't heard back yet.
Duo

Posted by Larry2:
In case no one is aware, there is mixed pricing information. Going to toodledo.com and selecting Pricing will display 3 tiers Free, Silver, Gold with outlandish pricing. Pretty much looks like the old subscription levels. Be sure to log out or go with a browser you don't normally use.

The other pricing plans show up in Aaron's blog for January 2019. Read down to where he talks about the new subscription pricing. There is a link to display the pricing plans available Jan 1. However that has 4 plans and is similar to previously announced features.

So we have two subscription options. I put in a trouble ticket yesterday asking for clarification but haven't heard back yet.

Me experience is that the 4 tiers didn't show up when not logged in until a few hours ago (perhaps your ticket helped). Even this afternoon with clean browsers (Incognito & cleared cookies & different machines) I couldn't see it.

I see the 4 tiers in all cases now.
Larry2

@Duo. I see the 4 tiers now on the main toodledo page. Must have updated it today.

I do have a question about third party integration. The Free subscription says "Basic Integration" and nothing additional listed in the other subscriptions. I wonder what "Basic" means. I use a third party app for my iOS devices and Windows desktop. I wonder if they will continue to function as before.
sknipfing

Posted: Jan 04, 2019
Posted by Duo:
Posted by Larry2:

Me experience is that the 4 tiers didn't show up when not logged in until a few hours ago (perhaps your ticket helped). Even this afternoon with clean browsers (Incognito & cleared cookies & different machines) I couldn't see it.

It's still reporting a price increase to $60 annually for Gold. Too much. I am seriously looking at ticktick right now. They seem to be everything that toodledo should be but at a cost of just $27.99 annually.
Tech Crone

Posted: Jan 06, 2019
For the second time in about a week I have been blocked from posting a new task to my account (Silver subscription renews in February) with a pop-up that says I have "reached the limit" of 20,000 tasks per account. The pop-up then suggests that I delete some completed tasks. I don't recall ever being informed that there was a limit on number of tasks I can post, and when I check the terms of my subscription it appears that I am supposed to be able to post an unlimited number of tasks. And it appears that I am supposed to be able to keep completed tasks for two years.

I wouldn't necessarily mind deleting some unneeded completed tasks, but I do very much mind that (apparently) the terms under which I purchased my Silver subscription have been changed without my permission, and even without giving me any advance warning. I also object to the way this is being handled -- I go to the trouble of entering a task and THEN am told that I can't save it. What if I'm in the middle of something and can't stop immediately to delete completed tasks? This shows very little consideration for users.

At any rate, I'd like an explanation of what's going on, please. I'd also like to see a response to the people who have asked why the standard plan is evidently being restricted to one week of completed tasks. (This seems unnecessarily restrictive -- to the point of being churlish -- to me.)

This message was edited Jan 06, 2019.
Duo

Posted by sknipfing:

It's still reporting a price increase to $60 annually for Gold. Too much. I am seriously looking at ticktick right now. They seem to be everything that toodledo should be but at a cost of just $27.99 annually.

TickTick is pretty good. I've used it in the past and I'm currently looking at it again, although I think that Todoist is probably best for me for now with an eye on ClickUp as a possible alternative some time in the future when they have added more features / fixed some bugs.

In the past I have found TickTick support to be responsive and they have even delivered features I have asked for and they continue to improve their offering with useful features and UI improvements.
Duo

Posted by Tech Crone:
For the second time in about a week I have been blocked from posting a new task to my account (Silver subscription renews in February) with a pop-up that says I have "reached the limit" of 20,000 tasks per account. The pop-up then suggests that I delete some completed tasks. I don't recall ever being informed that there was a limit on number of tasks I can post, and when I check the terms of my subscription it appears that I am supposed to be able to post an unlimited number of tasks. And it appears that I am supposed to be able to keep completed tasks for two years.

I wouldn't necessarily mind deleting some unneeded completed tasks, but I do very much mind that (apparently) the terms under which I purchased my Silver subscription have been changed without my permission, and even without giving me any advance warning. I also object to the way this is being handled -- I go to the trouble of entering a task and THEN am told that I can't save it. What if I'm in the middle of something and can't stop immediately to delete completed tasks? This shows very little consideration for users.

At any rate, I'd like an explanation of what's going on, please. I'd also like to see a response to the people who have asked why the standard plan is evidently being restricted to one week of completed tasks. (This seems unnecessarily restrictive -- to the point of being churlish -- to me.)

Those limits are nothing new. I've seen them before in the FAQ and they have been discussed on the forums before:

https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#97

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/12416/0/number-of-task-limit.html
Duo

Posted by Duo:

Is it just me or have the plans changed again (since the 4 tiers were put up this year)? When I looked at them a couple of days ago I thought that there were fewer items on the Free and Standard tiers and that the Standard tier had 2 years of history.

Now I see more items listed and the Standard tier only has 1 year of history and it also lists a "Customizable Hotlist" as an option.
dmos01

Posted by Duo:
Posted by Duo:

Now I see more items listed and the Standard tier only has 1 year of history and it also lists a "Customizable Hotlist" as an option.

Those have always been part of Standard (since the plans were implemented more than a week ago).

This message was edited Jan 06, 2019.
Duo

Posted by dmos01:
Posted by Duo:
Posted by Duo:

Those have always been part of Standard (since the plans were implemented more than a week ago).

Thanks. I wasn't sure and I didn't screencap the prices a couple of days ago.
tsinvest

Posted by Duo:
Posted by sknipfing:

TickTick is pretty good. I've used it in the past and I'm currently looking at it again, although I think that Todoist is probably best for me for now with an eye on ClickUp as a possible alternative some time in the future when they have added more features / fixed some bugs.

In the past I have found TickTick support to be responsive and they have even delivered features I have asked for and they continue to improve their offering with useful features and UI improvements.

So far my experience with TickTick is top notch. I love how it syncs across all devices Android, iPad, Web and Windows.
fernandoeduardobrito

Posted: Jan 07, 2019
I really tried, but it does not work anymore.

Price abusive in new plans, and the tool is full of bugs, in addition to having a rather nasty layout...

I tried TickTick and confessed: That is a complete task manager. Easy to use, with a beautiful and lightweight interface, perfect sync, Pomodoro and all that for a measly $ 28 yearly ...
Goodbye, Toodledo ...
jzamoras

any ticktick promo code to try the premium version?
Music-Man

Hi Aaron,
... a very quick note written on a tablet after a long day
Your approach to development, service, and communication will absolutely make TD the blueprint for products of its kind.
That written, I,m a long time user and have been a Gold subscriber since its inception. You have a powerful, adaptable, and simple product that remains unique in a world of subpar products.
Your communication and the roadmap provide assurance the company will grow and prosper, but with an outdated iOS app and no desk top availability (I would be willing to pay TD for each to create an ecosystem), I won,t be renewing my subscription. After spending $$$ to buy each from a company that uses TD for its data base, it’s difficult to hit the pay button @ x2 the Gold price
While I prefer a SaaS pricing model for utility products that require ongoing development, when UI, UE, or features that will further help me are released, then its highly probable I’ll be back.
Please know that I’ll always recommend TD and the value it represents to new users!
sknipfing

Posted: Jan 08, 2019
Posted by jzamoras:
any ticktick promo code to try the premium version?

You can get started for free. It offers quite a lot to get started. You can do month-to-month for $2.99 and when ready, commit to a full year. This is what I am doing right now.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.