ForumsNewsToodledo Update August 2019

Toodledo Update August 2019
Purveyor

Posted: Sep 18, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
On August 29, Anant posted this:
I am working on my task list and will share it with you guys here in couple of days.
Today, 19 days later, in a topic that he has locked, he says:
In last Forum Post, I promised that I will share the task list on what we are going to do next. We are planning those things out and I will share it once that's ready.
What adjectives would you use to describe him?

This message was edited Sep 18, 2019.
pawelkaleta

Posted by Purveyor:
What adjectives would you use to describe him?

Never-ending-planning-continuous-promises provider? :)
Larry3

Did you see his post under Toodledo Updates. Comments are closed but at least he did post something.
pawelkaleta

Posted: Sep 19, 2019
Posted by Larry3:
Did you see his post under Toodledo Updates. Comments are closed but at least he did post something.

Yes. This is what Purveyor referred to.

And no - "at least anything" - is not any improvement of communication. What is more that closed Anant's post itself says nothing but sad story about searching for programmers who could start (sic!) applying changes they are still planning (sic!!) after declaring since almost a year about readiness to take Toodledo to the next level.

This message was edited Sep 19, 2019.
Larry3

Posted: Sep 19, 2019
Posted by pawelkaleta:
Posted by Larry3:

Yes. This is what Purveyor referred to.

And no - "at least anything" - is not any improvement of communication. What is more that closed Anant's post itself says nothing but sad story about searching for programmers who could start (sic!) applying changes they are still planning (sic!!) after declaring since almost a year about readiness to take Toodledo to the next level.

I understand that and am also concerned about Toodledo's future. I'm also disappointed by lack of communication, pricing, and lack of development but I guess I was trying for some naive optimism.
KBC1-Gold-Expired-May2020

Posted: Oct 15, 2019
Score: -1 Reference
The forum you are now reading on Toodledo.com is still working and is uncensored as of today, but who knows how long this will continue? A few people have started an independent forum in Slack under the free Slack plan, so that should be active for awhile.

Feel free to join us. That discussion is located here...

https://join.slack.com/t/td-user-coop/shared_invite/enQtNzQ2NzcwNjc4MzA3LTc3OWNhZmE2Yjk1YjgzMjVkMjU1NDYwZTIxYjE0OTIzMTVjMGNlYjQ2ODgzMGE1MDU3ZjEzNmFlMzMyZmZjOTU

If you have any trouble getting in, feel free to send a message to my Gmail account.
My Gmail address is kurtsdcb at

Below is another copy of the Slack link if the one above does not work.

https://join.slack.com/t/td-user-coop/shared_invite/enQtNzQ2NzcwNjc4MzA3LTc3OWNhZmE2Yjk1YjgzMjVkMjU1 NDYwZTIxYjE0OTIzMTVjMGNlYjQ2ODgzMGE1MDU3ZjEzNmFlMzMyZmZjOTU

Be sure to cut and paste both lines into your browser, up through and including ZmZjOTU

This message was edited Oct 15, 2019.
Anant G.

Posted: Oct 16, 2019
Posted by KBC1-Gold-Active:
The forum you are now reading on Toodledo.com is still working and is uncensored as of today, but who knows how long this will continue? A few people have started an independent forum in Slack under the free Slack plan, so that should be active for awhile.

Feel free to join us. That discussion is located here...

https://join.slack.com/t/td-user-coop/shared_invite/enQtNzQ2NzcwNjc4MzA3LTc3OWNhZmE2Yjk1YjgzMjVkMjU1NDYwZTIxYjE0OTIzMTVjMGNlYjQ2ODgzMGE1MDU3ZjEzNmFlMzMyZmZjOTU

If you have any trouble getting in, feel free to send a message to my Gmail account.
My Gmail address is kurtsdcb at

Below is another copy of the Slack link if the one above does not work.

https://join.slack.com/t/td-user-coop/shared_invite/enQtNzQ2NzcwNjc4MzA3LTc3OWNhZmE2Yjk1YjgzMjVkMjU1 NDYwZTIxYjE0OTIzMTVjMGNlYjQ2ODgzMGE1MDU3ZjEzNmFlMzMyZmZjOTU

Be sure to cut and paste both lines into your browser, up through and including ZmZjOTU

Send me an invite too on [email protected] :)

Posted: Oct 17, 2019
Anant — the link above works for everyone. You don’t need an individual invite.

This message was edited Oct 18, 2019.

So, I am going to go out on a limb here.

ToodleDo is in San Ramon and Remember the Milk is in San Francisco.

These products are sooo similar.

If ToodleDo needs programmers, I wonder if these two companies could work together — or even merge???

@Anant?

This message was edited Oct 17, 2019.

I signed up for an RTM free account today and uploaded my TD file. I still like TD better, but RTM could work for me. There may be a few things missing from RTM, like notes, and maybe some other things.

I’d be happy if these two companies found a way to work together, or even merge.

pawelkaleta

Posted: Oct 18, 2019
Score: 1 Reference
I'd prefer current TD team to stay away from RTM, let's have at least one tool still functioning and being supported by the owners :)

ToodleDo is in San Ramon and Remember the Milk is in San Francisco.
These products are sooo similar.
If ToodleDo needs programmers, I wonder if these two companies could work together — or even merge???
@Anant?

I signed up for an RTM free account today and uploaded by TD file. I still like TD better, but RTM could work for me. There may be a few things missing from RTM, like notes, and maybe some other things.
I’d be happy if these two companies found a way to work together, or even merge.

The Slack link (above) was supposed to have no expiration, but maybe it expired.

Below is a new link that should not expire... paste the entire link into your browser... up to and including ZDRkYWU

--------------------------------------

https://join.slack.com/t/td-user-coop/shared_invite/enQtNzg4MDIzNTYwNDgyLWU4MzJhOGJmZDU1MTIzMzFlYTBi MTk4ZDFiYWNhNTEwOWUyMjY0M2JmNzhjODA1YzU5Y2Y0NGJiMjgwZDRkYWU

Pawelkaleta wrote: I'd prefer current TD team to stay away from RTM, let's have at least one tool still functioning and being supported by the owners
----------------------------

Sorry, don't understand. Can you please expand on that? What do you mean?

---------------------------

I was assuming that RTM has a functional team in or near San Francisco. They have a product similar to ToodleDo and understand this space. Would they be a good resource to take over the maintenance of ToodleDo? Anant has said that he needs to recruit a new team. Why not use a team that already knows this space? If the two groups ultimately end up merging, would that be bad?

c5000nc

Score: 2 Reference
I vastly prefer ToodleDo to RTM.

In my mind, if RTM is quite a bit bigger, a merger probably would be bad. RTM would just be paying for ToodleDo's customers and forcing us to use a product we'd already be using if it was indeed better than ToodleDo.

We should encourage investment and renewals in ToodleDo, not helping people find ways to avoid a paltry renewal fee.

We should also encourage Anant to keep plugging away. He is chipping away at things we can't see. Most things in life take at least twice as long as we think they will, including this.

Plus, Anant deserves a lot of credit for not running away when the guy who made grand promises suddenly did. That would have been the easy way out, and he didn't take it.

I've had some email correspondence with Anant, and I think he wants to make it work as bad as we want him to. It just takes time, but I think it will be worth it. And worst case, if there is suddenly no more ToodleDo, I will be prepared to go to RTM or My Life Organized, with daily CSV and XML backups I hope to never need.

Until then, it's business as usual with ToodleDo. It can be better, but I think it already is better in many ways than competitors.
pawelkaleta

Sorry, don't understand. Can you please expand on that? What do you mean?

No, I can't :) But you can search for some hints in one of Anant's be-weekly updates he promised almost two months ago. Oh, wait... ;)

Posted by Anant G. (Posted: 2019-08-29):
I will try to make everything transparent on what we are working on may be weekly basis.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019
C5000 wrote: I vastly prefer ToodleDo to RTM.
=====================================

Yeah, I think everyone above agrees with you. That's why we are here.

My logic is this -->> if the popular second choice is RTM, and RTM has a team of developers located within a few miles of TD, and they are experienced programmers who know TD's market and space, why not have them work with Anant on TD? The alternatives are: Anant has to find an all new group of developers who do not understand TD, its customers or its markets, or (more likely) just shut down TD and let it die... (meaning that many of us will then switch to RTM).

It would be less painful for me to have the RTM development team work with Anant, keep TD alive, keep both products up-to-date, and give us a choice? Eventually, the forces of the market and the need to reduce expenses will probably result in the two products morphing together to offer the best features of both in a consolidated hosted solution. Whatever the case, a better solution that TD dying and disappearing, no?

-------------------

Can we continue this discussion in the new forum that has been started?

Below is a new link to that forum... paste the entire link into your browser... up to and including ZDRkYWU

https://join.slack.com/t/td-user-coop/shared_invite/enQtNzg4MDIzNTYwNDgyLWU4MzJhOGJmZDU1MTIzMzFlYTBi MTk4ZDFiYWNhNTEwOWUyMjY0M2JmNzhjODA1YzU5Y2Y0NGJiMjgwZDRkYWU

This message was edited Oct 22, 2019.

Question for everyone here...

RTM has both a free and a paid version. If TD is going to go away, it would be nice to have an alternative that we could move to. And there is a "file import from ToodleDo" function in RTM that seems to work okay (although some TD features are not available).

_What features_ of ToodleDo would you want them to add to RTM before you were willing to export your master file from ToodleDo and import it into RTM? There are some essential features from ToodleDo that are missing in RTM for me. What are those features and functions for you?

==========================================

Feel free to post your answer here, or... if possible, please post your answer in the new forum that has been started.

Below is a new link to that forum... paste the entire link into your browser... up to and including ZDRkYWU

Score: 1 Reference
(P.S. I have no connection with or any vested interest in RTM. I just have a free account there that allows me to view and use my master ToodleDo file that I back up regularly. I have two paid accounts at ToodleDo and have been a TD use for about ten years. I would much prefer to continue using ToodleDo, but I would like to have a contingency plan in the event that ToodleDo goes away.)

Hey, folks. I just used Google News to search the term "ToodleDo." The attached is what I found. What are these? Are these just affiliate links to the expired lifetime deal, or are they new?

https://www.google.com/search?q=toodledo&sxsrf=ACYBGNQS7T_DdUuKMHeeSoWYV0NZWbgNzg:1571768240695&sour ce=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjgmZ_9vLDlAhWFqp4KHdPtCNIQ_AUIEigB&biw=1224&bih=598

(Copy and past everything, up to and including =598)

This message was edited Oct 22, 2019.
Wayne T.

I don't understand why Anant is looking for "new" customers to buy a lifetime subscription instead of going to the already loyal user base and offing us a better price to stay with the product.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.