ForumsNewsToodledo Update August 2019

Toodledo Update August 2019
jzamoras

Posted: Oct 22, 2019
Score: 3 Reference
Posted by Wayne T.:
I don't understand why Anant is looking for "new" customers to buy a lifetime subscription instead of going to the already loyal user base and offing us a better price to stay with the product.

you nailed it
r2az

Posted: Oct 22, 2019
Score: 3 Reference
Yep.....maybe because many of us have left. Management blew it in the first 90 days. I only visit to read the ongoing story. The unbelievable promises started over a year ago but are still not done. I placed my bet on the Amazing Marvin team. At least they deliver!
c5000nc

Posted: Oct 25, 2019
Score: 2 Reference
I've had several emails back and forth with Anant. While he does a poor job of keeping us up to date, he seems pretty dedicated to cleaning up old code before moving on to improvements.

Here's what Anant wrote me earlier this week, partly in response to me asking what others speculated about, namely, merging into RTM.........

"There won't be any merger [with RTM], as Toodledo has a lot more features than RTM or any other tasks management app. We got stuck because of the 7 year old code-base, which has just been patched up over the years. We are working on updating that and releasing a stable release first, before implementing new features."

It sounds like it's taking longer than he thought, to clean up what his predecessors should have done before he was hired.

I for one am just glad Anant's actually doing it every day, even if he doesn't tell us much about the specifics.

This message was edited Oct 25, 2019.
Duo

Score: -1 Reference
Posted by c5000nc:
I've had several emails back and forth with Anant. While he does a poor job of keeping us up to date, he seems pretty dedicated to cleaning up old code before moving on to improvements.

Here's what Anant wrote me earlier this week, partly in response to me asking what others speculated about, namely, merging into RTM.........

"There won't be any merger [with RTM], as Toodledo has a lot more features than RTM or any other tasks management app. We got stuck because of the 7 year old code-base, which has just been patched up over the years. We are working on updating that and releasing a stable release first, before implementing new features."

It sounds like it's taking longer than he thought, to clean up what his predecessors should have done before he was hired.

I for one am just glad Anant's actually doing it every day, even if he doesn't tell us much about the specifics.

He would have known this was an issue well over a year ago. In fact it would have been very clear from talking to Jake during the handover.

I think it is pretty clear that the site is nothing but spaghetti code to anyone using it who has appropriate IT knowledge. So to someone like Anant who has appropriate IT knowledge, access to the back-end, the source code, the original developer plus any documentation that exists, I hardly think it would come as a surprise.
c5000nc

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Duo:
Posted by c5000nc:

He would have known this was an issue well over a year ago. In fact it would have been very clear from talking to Jake during the handover.

I think it is pretty clear that the site is nothing but spaghetti code to anyone using it who has appropriate IT knowledge. So to someone like Anant who has appropriate IT knowledge, access to the back-end, the source code, the original developer plus any documentation that exists, I hardly think it would come as a surprise.

No idea if it was a surprise. I just know he's diligently working to fix what should have been fixed a year or more ago. I'm just glad he cares enough to stick around and do that.
pawelkaleta

Posted by c5000nc:
I've had several emails back and forth with Anant.

So you're saying that Anant doesn't have time to keep the forum users informed where all users who haven't left yet clearly state since a year now that communication sucks, but he is not that busy to exchange e-mails to continuously complain (since a year now) about the quality of the code and to share company's strategy (like e.g. RTM-related) with some single random user from the forum. Yes, that makes sense :)
c5000nc

Score: -2 Reference
Posted by pawelkaleta:
Posted by c5000nc:
I've had several emails back and forth with Anant.

So you're saying that Anant doesn't have time to keep the forum users informed where all users who haven't left yet clearly state since a year now that communication sucks, but he is not that busy to exchange e-mails to continuously complain (since a year now) about the quality of the code and to share company's strategy (like e.g. RTM-related) with some single random user from the forum. Yes, that makes sense :)

Whatever.
oletros

Posted: Oct 26, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by KBC1-Gold-Active:
C5000 wrote: I vastly prefer ToodleDo to RTM.
=====================================

Yeah, I think everyone above agrees with you. That's why we are here.

My logic is this -->> if the popular second choice is RTM, and RTM has a team of developers located within a few miles of TD, and they are experienced programmers who know TD's market and space, why not have them work with Anant on TD? The alternatives are: Anant has to find an all new group of developers who do not understand TD, its customers or its markets, or (more likely) just shut down TD and let it die... (meaning that many of us will then switch to RTM).

It would be less painful for me to have the RTM development team work with Anant, keep TD alive, keep both products up-to-date, and give us a choice?

Are you seriously saying that RTM should help TD to stay afloat and give us choice?

And no, I don't think everyone here think TD is better than RTM
Larry3

Posted: Oct 26, 2019
I have RTM, Toodist, Microsoft To Do, and Task Angel (Toodledo) on my phone and use all on web too.

I started using all this year to figure out a good alternative for me if Toodledo goes down.

By far my preferred is Toodledo. My second choice would be Todoist.

I've yet to figure out why RTM is more popular than Todoist. Of course my personal needs aren't even close to business needs so I'm sure I'm missing something.

I've given up hope of regular Toodledo updates but not necessarily hope for Toodledo.
Dubious Virtue

Posted: Oct 27, 2019
RTM seems basic to me.

I'm playing around with Quire but still not the same as toodledo

This message was edited Oct 27, 2019.
r2az

Posted: Nov 03, 2019
Not sure why this user posts are not visible to us? I have to search on DrFrankBuck to find it.
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/search_power.php?search=&searchPerson=DrFrankBuck&dateRange=30&fid=0

This message was edited Nov 03, 2019.
oletros

Posted: Nov 19, 2019
Almost one day with spam posts and nobody has deleted them

It doesn't look good
Larry3

Posted: Nov 23, 2019
Posted by oletros:
Almost one day with spam posts and nobody has deleted them

It doesn't look good

I briefly tried to find a way to let the admin know of all the spam but never could find an email. Must be buried somewhere.
alice.garber

Posted: Nov 24, 2019
[email protected] might work for you.
Larry3

Posted: Nov 25, 2019
Thanks. Just sent an email.
jzamoras

Posted: Nov 28, 2019
taskangel is working on an android app and it will sync using icloud (they already have a win app), I can't wait!
aspitzer

Posted: Nov 29, 2019

Posted by oletros:
I don't think everyone here think(s) TD is better than RTM

I 100% think that TD is better than RTM. I have tried RTM, TickTick, Todist, NirvanaHQ (among others) and nothing is anywhere near a good as TD for GTD.
The web interface (albeit ugly) runs rings all the other services. Nothing even comes close to the speed, usability, and customization of the TD interface.
oletros

Posted: Nov 30, 2019
Posted by aspitzer:

Posted by oletros:
I don't think everyone here think(s) TD is better than RTM

I 100% think that TD is better than RTM. I have tried RTM, TickTick, Todist, NirvanaHQ (among others) and nothing is anywhere near a good as TD for GTD.
The web interface (albeit ugly) runs rings all the other services. Nothing even comes close to the speed, usability, and customization of the TD interface.

I'm sure that it is my bad e\English, because I have not said "no one thinks RM is better than TD".

The problem is that TD ios dead in the water, there is no imprevement, there is no news and there is no one taking care of it.
jdreed99

Posted: Dec 02, 2019
Score: 4 Reference
I just found this thread today when I realized my Toodledo subscription expires next month and I got to wondering, "what happened to all the new and improved features we were promised when they tripled the price a year ago?"

I have been using this product for 10 years and just reading this thread I've gone from a enthusiastic supporter of the product who recommended it to many others, to a pissed off user, unlikely to renew.

The explanation for the huge price increase was that the company needed cash to fund all the improvements. I was lucky because I was able to renew at my old rate before the end of 2018. I have a very hard time understanding why the same product I've paid $20/yr is suddenly worth $60/yr. with no added value received whatsoever. If the improvements we'd been promised materialized, I might feel the product is worth it.

Now I learn that a killer deal was offered through StackSocial but only to new users. For somebody like me, a long time loyal user, I feel like Toodledo just gave me the finger. Well, that can work both ways, right?

If Toodledo had offered me the chance to renew at my old rate for several years, I probably would have jumped at the chance, but by now I would still be wondering where the new features were, and why users were being expected to finance those.

I don't know what other product I will switch to, since I haven't started looking yet. A few people have mentioned RTM. That's what I used before I found Toodledo, and although it did a pretty good job, I kept wondering, "Why can't they add this or that feature?"-- things that seemed obvious for a task management app. (Judging from the RTM forums at the time, lots of people wondered the same thing.) Then I found Toodledo and it does everything I wanted. I would be very happy if they just left the product alone and charged a fair price, but instead they gouge us for a bunch of never-delivered "improvements."

All those issues about the codebase and the cash needed to upgrade and improve stuff--all of that should have been sorted out when the current owners bought it. To put those costs on the backs of the users while offering a bunch of excuses about why the improvements never materialize seems like a crummy way to run a business. It doesn't seem like Toodledo is somebody I want to do business with anymore, and that's fine because it doesn't seem like they want my business anyway.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.