ForumsNewsiOS Update - June 2020

iOS Update - June 2020
jsinger

Posted: Jul 19, 2020
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Marc Levoy:
None of these fixes are working on my iPad (running 13.5.1). I can delete and re-install Toodledo (version 3.4.1), then force Toodledo-to-device sync, but this crashes just before finishing, or sometimes it finishes correctly, but if I terminate and re-launch the app, it displays the splash screen for 30 seconds, then crashes, and any attempt to re-launch the app insta-crashes the same way. It works on my iPhone, Android phone, and Mac, but not my iPad. Please advise. (Another way to say this is that it launches and works exactly once, after re-installing and force-syncing, then not again unless I again re-install.)

I am having the same issue and I reported it last week when they released the update. I have heard nothing. I hope you have better luck. It seems that they are handling these issues by burying their head in the sand instead of communicating with users. I may be headed the way of jimk222 and going to TickTick. I have been patient, but it is hard to be patient when TD communicates nothing. I have been a TD user for a long time, and they had built up a lot of goodwill with me, but it leaves in a hurry when they roll out a horrible update and then disappear.
Nick.taylor1

Posted: Jul 21, 2020
Score: 2 Reference
Posted by Anant G.:
After an update, you need to force re-sync from web to device.

To do that :
1. Go to settings.
2. Go to Synchronization.
3. Go to Modify Account Login.
4. Tap on Force Toodledo --> Device Sync.

That should fix this issue.

I should not have to do this
Please test properly
erbin

Score: 0 Reference
Every time I exit the app on my iPad and then try to re-open it, it crashes. I have been deleting the app from my iPad and reinstalling it every time I want to use it. I just tried deleting it, reinstalling it and then did a "Force Toodledo>>>Device Sync". It still crashes when I exit and re-open it.
mcm1963

I use the app on my IPAD and do not sync with the online version. Does this mean that all of my data is lost?
jsinger

I think it is safe to say that TD is useless on an iPad right now. It might be nice if TD and Anant would address this, but communication does not seem to be their strong suit right now. I have been unable to open the app on an iPad since this upgrade. Even if I am able to open the app, I am not sure I would trust the data.
todd.d.taylor

Posted: Jul 26, 2020
In regards to Anant's message on July 13, 2020 (http://www7.toodledo.com/forums/1/27883/-124935/ios-341-update.html):

---
Toodledo v3.4.1 has been rolled out in the app store now.

Few steps that you should follow before updating to the new app:
1) On your current Toodledo App Settings, go to synchronization and then Account Login. See if you have account linked with Toodledo app or not.
2) If you have account linked, go to our web-version : toodledo.com on browser to see if all your data is there.
3) Delete the old app, download the new app from app store. Then go to settings --> Synchronization --> Enter Account Login.
4) All your data should be restored.
---

Item 2) only mentions the "If you have account linked" scenario. How about "If you don't have account linked", what is one to do? Is your data completely gone, or is the data still on your phone (I'm talking iPhone) somewhere and just not being recognized by the (flawed) updated TD app?

In my case (10-year TD user) I had linked my iPhone app with the web-version and was able to restore the data on my phone. But, in my wife's case (because she was uncomfortable putting her data on the web-version) there is no backup to restore from...so I guess her data has just been vaporized? Any advice would be appreciated.

If this were free software I guess it would be somewhat understandable, but still shocking, to lose data like this. But, when you have paid for something and successfully used it for years, and then to have your data just suddenly wiped out is really unforgivable. If her data cannot be recovered then I fully expect a refund and will be seeking other solutions.
brian_1314811346

I agree entirely with @todd.d.taylor's sentiments. I am also in a similar (but not quite the same) position to his wife.

I am a long-time user of toodledo on iphone. Never use the website, but the sync *was* set up when I had iphone4s.

Moved to iphone 6s maybe 4 years ago - continued not to use the website.

Read the debacle about Toodledo's loss of data after recent app update. Read the CEO's advice, but first checked the status of my data on the website. It appears my data has not been sync'd since 2016. So, effectively, much the same as having never been sync'd.

So, naturally I have not carroied out a sync as that would be pretty pointless.

What exactly is the solution for those who have never sync'd or whose sync is out of date Anand/CEO?

You've made lost of promises about improved ongoing communication so I am looking forward to a prompt and informative reply.
bandit

I miss the colored priority triangles that used to show to the left of the tasks in the Task Lust.
anna.kinsella192 Post deleted
anna.kinsella192

Posted: Jul 31, 2020
Well, I followed the instructions of Anant G.....THANK YOU! However, I ended up getting every task I deleted since 2011 OMG........Now, I'm trying to delete the deleted. Sigh. What the heck is wrong with this app???????
MVR_2

Posted: Aug 03, 2020
Anant, OKAY, It is a new month and we are all waiting for our IOS app to get the proper update. Perhaps you can hire back the developer for a week and get this back on track. You have a bunch of faithful users that are counting on a solution. Please update us on where you are at in this project so we can all get some tasks done. Seriously, I respect that problems happen, but we all need a sincere response and some hope.
tork.beavis

Posted: Aug 04, 2020
When you cancel a subscription before the expiry date, does the subscription continue until the expiry date, or does it just end on the date it was cancelled?
The explanation is unclear about this.

Anyone know?
Nailseauk

Posted: Aug 06, 2020
Well it's now August and once again Anant has lapsed into silence. No updates to the app and no news. Like many I've used Toodledo happily for year. I stopped my subscription after the price hike but kept using the free version quite happily until June. I would have lived with a small increase in prices.

Now, although I managed to get my data back on my iPhone, the iPad version is useless and some of the functionality on the iPhone doesn't seem to work. Having read through some of the messages on here, I'm trying RTM in parallel, it seems to be okay, I imported my Toodledo data easily, so I think that is the way I will go.

This message was edited Aug 06, 2020.
jsinger

Posted: Aug 06, 2020
Score: 5 Reference
More crickets from Toodledo. My patience is out. Remember the Milk has substantially improved since I last looked at it. I found Tick Tick to be a bit lacking and was therefore willing to give Toodledo a bit more time to figure things out. But this is ridiculous. I have now looked at RTM, and while it seems not quite as good as TD, I have no doubt the support can not be any worse. So I am looking to bring over my tasks and give it a real stress test.

I will say to Anant and the TD folks, this is not an IT/development failure. While you certainly messed that up big time, this is a failure to communicate with your customers and let them know what is going on and to go silent. That is the primary failure here. Secondarily, you failed to fix the error in a realistic time frame. You broke a lot of things. The wise move would have been to roll things back and undergo more testing.
Nailseauk

Posted: Aug 20, 2020
Posted by Nailseauk:
Well it's now August and once again Anant has lapsed into silence. No updates to the app and no news. Like many I've used Toodledo happily for year. I stopped my subscription after the price hike but kept using the free version quite happily until June. I would have lived with a small increase in prices.

Now, although I managed to get my data back on my iPhone, the iPad version is useless and some of the functionality on the iPhone doesn't seem to work. Having read through some of the messages on here, I'm trying RTM in parallel, it seems to be okay, I imported my Toodledo data easily, so I think that is the way I will go.

Just as an update, RTM is working just fine, so I've paid for a subscription. Time to turn off Toodledo
Brigitte Gemme

Posted: Sep 11, 2020
I am also getting very annoyed with this. The online interface is working fine (THANK GOODNESS!) but I can't see my tasks in the app. The number of tasks posted looks right but when I tap "All Tasks" the app just freezes. Oddly, I can see my notes, outlines, and habits just fine though.

I have been with Toodledo for at least 10 years. This is very disappointing.
pcammall

Posted: Sep 21, 2020
Could the 3.3.10 legacy version be made available on Apple’s App Store to users who have the app on their Apple product(s)?
franz.steies

Posted: Feb 23, 2021
Same problem for me. Very disappointing what is happening with Toodledo, it was really a very good solution!!! Seems as if it would go down :(
Meanwhile I use the app 2Do which sychronizes with Toodledo tasks. I still keep my Toodledo subscription, hoping they will resolve their problems. But my hope gets smaller from day to day...
LSF_2

Posted: Mar 05, 2021
This morning, the website was unavailable for a short time as it was undergoing maintenance.
bandit

Posted: Mar 06, 2021
Posted by tg_4:
This morning, the website was unavailable for a short time as it was undergoing maintenance.

I’m not sure if that’s good or really scary. At least (for me) it’s been working, so, at this point, I don’t want anything messed with that may end up breaking other things.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.