ForumsNewsHello from the new (as of July 2021) Toodledo team!

Hello from the new (as of July 2021) Toodledo team!
frankie.toodle

Posted: Aug 05, 2021
Score: 3 Reference
Sorry, but after the experience of the last years, I remain skeptical at the moment and continue to look for a replacement. As I do not have a lot of time to do this, you will have a chance of winning me back. But I am surely not the only one who will want to see actions besides posts.
SnowLeopard

Posted: Aug 07, 2021
Score: 5 Reference
I have been a Toodledo user for well over a decade. This year, I finally switched to RTM because I thought Toodledo was dead. I even closed my account (but kept my backup stacksocial-purchased account handy in case I decided to come back). I am so elated you three took over the reigns! I have now come back to Toodledo. Had to create a new handle for the forums.

Anyway, I am 100% supportive of the new team!
franz.steies

Posted: Aug 08, 2021
Score: 1 Reference
I have already changed 2 years ago towards the app 2Do and use my Toodledo subscription only for syncing purposes, as the 2Do app syncs perfectly with toodledo and I can also access my tasks through the web interface of Toodledo
The 2 reasons that I kept my Toodledo subscription are
- the hope that there would be a further development of the iOS app
- the web access to my tasks, this option is unfortunately not possible with the app ‘2Do’
Maybe the new owners will finally do what the old owners promised us since years. If not, I will cancel definitively my toodledo subscription. The app 2Do is doing a very nice job and can also synchronize my devices without toodledo.
Larry Bud Melman

Posted: Aug 12, 2021
Score: 2 Reference
Congratulations!

Please the first thing I ask is that you increase the stability, reliability, and usability of the mobile app! I am a long-time user and have been shopping for an alternative system. work on that will show me you are serious and worthy to stick with!
SleepySpider_2

Score: 5 Reference
WHOO!!

I looked for alternatives. They all sucked.
If you change toodledo, don't make it suck. Thanks!
rob_1361242339

Great News! I still prefer TD over all others, but stopped using it due to zero confidence in prior team and its (apparently) imminent demise.

Glad to see that this may not be the case.

Prove me right.
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Aug 13, 2021
Posted by franz.steies:
I have already changed 2 years ago towards the app 2Do and use my Toodledo subscription only for syncing purposes, as the 2Do app syncs perfectly with toodledo and I can also access my tasks through the web interface of Toodledo
The 2 reasons that I kept my Toodledo subscription are
- the hope that there would be a further development of the iOS app
- the web access to my tasks, this option is unfortunately not possible with the app ‘2Do’
Maybe the new owners will finally do what the old owners promised us since years. If not, I will cancel definitively my toodledo subscription. The app 2Do is doing a very nice job and can also synchronize my devices without toodledo.

We absolutely agree, and updating the mobile apps is one of our primary focuses right now.
We are actively rewriting the mobile apps and expect a first (public Beta) release with a subset of Tasks functionality (and with the best support for newer iOS and Android devices) to be available by early 2022. (Other functionality will also follow later on.)

For now, migrating to this new app will be completely optional and will run alongside the existing apps - but we would definitely recommend checking it out sooner than later.
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted by Larry Bud Melman:
Congratulations!

Please the first thing I ask is that you increase the stability, reliability, and usability of the mobile app! I am a long-time user and have been shopping for an alternative system. work on that will show me you are serious and worthy to stick with!

Absolutely! This is one of our highest priorities.

We are actively rewriting the mobile apps and expect a first (public Beta) release with a subset of Tasks functionality (and with the best support for newer iOS and Android devices) to be available by early 2022. (Other functionality will also follow later on.)

For now, migrating to this new app will be completely optional and will run alongside the existing apps - but we would definitely recommend checking it out sooner than later.
seamus

Saw your email about re-starting my subscription but I'm not ready to put out money after having to spend time and money finding a new task manager with no warning. With the blog stating that functionality will be mostly restored by early 2022, it also doesn't help me want to switch back yet.

I'll keep an eye out but, for now, short of spotting me 6-12 months so I could run TD (the way I was using it before) in parallel with my new task manager, I'll have to just stick with what I have.
yannick_1557692414

Posted: Aug 16, 2021
Score: 0 Reference
I also saw your email.

Sorry I already switched to RTM, so I won't switch back until I see some significant improvements to the app, although there are a few things I do prefer about Toodledo.

What bothered me most, apart from the iOS app bugs, were the synchronization bugs:
- some tasks would still appear and become impossible to delete on one device after I deleted them from another device
- my account status (paid account) would switch to not-paid periodically, which would make it impossible to modify tasks that have more than 50 subtasks (also very annoying)

Glad to see it come back, though.

Best of luck to the new team!
M

Posted: Aug 16, 2021
@PamelaH,

I decided I couldn’t trust Toodledo, under the previous owners, to be around much longer so I switched my method of task tracking to 2Do. I greatly missed the ability to use Toodledo as its back and, for ease of access, but I just didn’t trust it anymore.

However, since the announcement that you folks have taken over and are developing the app again, I contacted the developer of 2Do, and asked them to be in touch with you to make sure that the two applications work well together as they have in the past.

They would like private and direct contact information for your team, other than the generalized info and support emails, if possible. (They have attempted contact many times over the last couple of years.). Is that something you would be willing to provide?
J--O--D

Posted: Aug 17, 2021
I have been a long time user and than a long time absentee, because of all those (mildly said) horrible things the previous "team" made to this once great tool. I even have a lifetime subscription for another great tool (which actually is now my safe-net instead of Toodledo). Yet, I have decided to give you another chance for resurrection (as some features are simply not to be found elsewhere in such a simple yet effective form as in Toodledo) and went for the Standard subscription. It will possibly be a one time push for huge nostalgia sake - but maybe, just maybe the next 365 days will convince me otherwise. Today, I have nothing to loose because I have a place to go anytime I see fit - I just wish it would not be needed.
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Aug 18, 2021
Score: 4 Reference
Posted by M:
@PamelaH,

I decided I couldn’t trust Toodledo, under the previous owners, to be around much longer so I switched my method of task tracking to 2Do. I greatly missed the ability to use Toodledo as its back and, for ease of access, but I just didn’t trust it anymore.

However, since the announcement that you folks have taken over and are developing the app again, I contacted the developer of 2Do, and asked them to be in touch with you to make sure that the two applications work well together as they have in the past.

They would like private and direct contact information for your team, other than the generalized info and support emails, if possible. (They have attempted contact many times over the last couple of years.). Is that something you would be willing to provide?

You can reach us at [email protected], [email protected] or [email protected]

However, we do actively monitor the support and info emails so any emails sent there will be seen as well (by the whole team).
mjbernsteinstl_3

Posted: Aug 25, 2021
Well how do you like that. Toodledo was in fact Toodledone. I loved Toodledo until Pink Java--oh they were horrid. In fact if you read about Sam Parr (I like to call him Soap Opera Sam) he valued himself as a "hustler" and even created hustlecon where you learn to internet hustle. Use the internet to make money without having any idea bout the programming. Then there was Romantic Ramone and the other inept--take your money and run bunch.

I have been using TeuxDeux with great success but still always preferred the mix of simple and options of Toodledo--TeuxDeux is mostly just simple.

So not yet ready to jump back in but I will be watching with great hopes!

To the new owners--you are brave to have bought into a huge hill to climb--Pink Java left people (I guess I should say me) with a really nasty aftertaste but if you keep up the good work and the effort seems sound I cannot exclude that I will be back.

But honestly--with such a hill to climb--really let us know who you are. I mean really rather than just "Pamela (who went to MIT), David and Hasnain and we worked for big companies." I am Marc Bernstein--I would for Mercy Clinic Hepatology--no vague secrets. Want to know my credentials I will show them--very clearly. I think we need to know who really you are -- first name--last name--real skill set. Go to the online site and you can see me--my education--etc...why not the same for you all? Or maybe I missed it?

But why all the vague--those of us who got burned want to know do you really got game? Or did we get another Sam Parr?

Marc
M

Posted: Sep 03, 2021
I hope the new team realizes how badly burned some of the long-time users feel. That even a couple of days of quiet from them is disconcerting.

I got my hopes up briefly. I check back occasionally. I'm not feeling encouraged.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Sep 06, 2021
Hi all,

We know it has been quiet from our side on this forum.
The reason is that we are working heads down on improving Toodledo. We are responding to each support ticket within 24h. Besides getting user feedback on the roadmap, we are in touch with some strong influencers and long-time users in the community to gain a better insight as to what and where we can improve Toodledo.
We are certainly aware that some long-time users have been burned with overpromising and under-delivering features. Again our motto is quite the opposite and you can expect an update on the features roadmap shortly.
As promised we will be introducing ourselves individually on the blog post and you can expect the first long intro this week from one of our team members.

As the saying goes, trust takes years to build, seconds to break, and forever to rebuild...
We hope that the forever can be shortened and that we receive the benefit of the doubt from the community in order to re-build this amazing tool and make it the best task management tool out there!

In this sense,
Happy Labor Day!
Hasnain
greginfla_

Posted: Sep 11, 2021
with regards to trust.... "forever to build"....... is true if it is the same team that destroyed the trust. with a new team, I think trust can be build back faster as long as there is consistent communication. you may want to look my account up. I think I am above average user. I have created SOP for a team of 8 that project manages a complicated development with toodleodo.

For two reasons, one toodledo isn't really a project management system and the lack of communications from toodeldo. I have started the migration to clickup.

I will not use clickup as a personal todo app, too cumbersome, but as a project management app... it is very good. (not asking Toodledo to become a project management system)

BUT the best thing I like about clickup..... is weekly updates..... every week they send out a bullet list of items they are working on and stuff they have fixed. Also, they actually listen to the users. They have the vote/ranking of what features to fix and add, and they actually comment on them and prioritize based on user voting/input.

anyhow just my thoughts; all the best, I am pulling for you
Brevoort

Posted: Sep 20, 2021
I am glad to have stumbled onto this news about the changes at Toodledo. I am still not sure why I bothered to check in on the forums after being away for so long, but I am encouraged that the service is not completely moribund.

I moved over to RTM some time ago when I became concerned that this place would soon be out of business and I didn't want to lose my data. There were a lot of things I like better about Toodledo but not the swinging price of the subscriptions. I didn't want to put good money after bad when it came to renew.

But I would return if the price was better and if I saw some clear improvement in services.

To that end I wish you all good luck in sincerity
jdreed99

Posted: Oct 10, 2021
I got your email about the ownership change on Oct. 8, and I’m cautiously optimistic, with the emphasis on the cautious part. But here’s what I wrote on this forum in March, 2020:

I abandoned Toodledo after ten years, during which time I recommended the product to many others.

How can we possibly trust this company with all the promises that we've heard? As other posters have said, we will believe it when we see it.

Even if you make good on all the things you're saying now, I feel Toodledo completely burned us long-time customers when you jacked up the cost for us but offered bargain lifetime subscriptions to new customers. I will not even consider returning to doing business with this company without some kind of similar deal.

I still feel the same way today. I’d like to see the new team acknowledge the shabby treatment of long time customers, since the old team never did that, let alone apologize.

But the fact remains the Toodledo is the best product out there. The alternative I use now is okay but falls distinctly short. I decided to reactivate my account so I can watch what’s going on and maybe- maybe- try a paid account again in the future. We’ll see.
J--O--D

Posted: Nov 01, 2021
My relationship with Toodledo has always been filled with ups and downs, so in the past years I have created and deleted my accounts like 5 or 6 times, for the last time during the unfortunate and soon-to-be-dead-like episode. I have moved to another tool, which is great, yet something has always drawen me to Toodledo, if only for looking at the nearly dead forums where nearly the only topic being discussed had been the alternatives for Toodledo:-(

As I owe Toodledo my realisation that task management can be fun and overall improvement in my personal productivity (and yes, really have feelings for the tool:-) ), I have returned and went for a Standard subscription (the only thing that I really miss is emailing the tasks to Toodledo - restricting this feature to a higher tier I have always considered to be the most silly decission made by the previous "team") and even now, fixing may CSV imported tasks, my heart is warming up a notch or two.

And yes, I am aware of my post from August:-) I have downgraded to Free plan and resubscribed back to Standard again since than.

EDIT: Ehm, several minutes after posting this I have actually read the latest blog post - and used the knowledge there to update my subscription to Plus. Yipee!

This message was edited Nov 01, 2021.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.