ForumsQuestionsSharing Feature

Sharing Feature
rmn

Posted: Apr 19, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I would like to use the sharing feature of Toodledo but will need to rely heavily on the iphone and ipad applications. From everything I can determine it seems that the sharing is available from the desktop but not from the iphone or ipad. Am I mistaken? Is this a temporary situation. Please advise.

Thank you.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Sharing is not yet available from the iPhone/iPad, but this is on our to-do list.
rmn

Score: -1 Reference
You guys are usually pretty fast. Do you have any sort of time frame for this? Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This is on our to-do list, but it is our policy to not comment on our roadmap or delivery dates for future feature improvements.
curtis_olson

Seriously, this was listed as coming to the iphone "in a future update" back in 2008. http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/845/-3906/iphone-app-and-sharing.html

No wonder you don't post a road map. Just about to buy the pro service for my wife and I. Guess I'll keep looking. Anyone know of a good sharing/collaboration app?
ronallen

Posted: Apr 20, 2011
I am looking for this also
chris_1308373474

Posted: Jun 25, 2011
How much longer for iPad sharing functionality?? Toodledo is far behind on this... extremely disappointing.
schnoede

Posted: Jun 27, 2011
I just bought the Pro service for sharing. Now I am very disappointed that it does not work on iPhone and iPad. May be I switch over to Nozbe.

This message was edited Jun 27, 2011.
JB

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Toodledo:
This is on our to-do list, but it is our policy to not comment on our roadmap or delivery dates for future feature improvements.

Seriously, this was listed as coming to the iphone "in a future update" back in 2008.

I just bought 2 pro versions for my wife and myself only to find it is not available......but very much implied. Now I find out it's been on YOUR to-do list for THREE years!

Thanks a lot!
JCarl

JB,

One note of item, while I agree that collaboration problematic, I have found that just logging onto Toodledo through Safari on the Ipad is pretty nice and allows you to see the collaboration. This of course does not help if you do not have Wifi or high speed phone service like on an airplane but works good when they are available.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 2 Reference
Sharing is the next item on our to-do list for the iPhone after the thing that we are working on now. I am sorry that it is taking so long. It isn't a trivial thing.

Also, we are not trying to be misleading. I dont believe that we imply anywhere that sharing works on the iPhone. On the App Store, the only mention of sharing is "... use the additional functionality available only on our website: file attachments, sharing/collaboration..." I think this is pretty clear that it is a website only feature. If there is somewhere else where you think we are being misleading, please let me know so that I can fix it.

This message was edited Jun 27, 2011.
Nsholzman

Posted: Jun 30, 2011
I want this as well. iPad sharing especially
compcroft

Posted: Jul 07, 2011
Posted by Toodledo:

Also, we are not trying to be misleading. I dont believe that we imply anywhere that sharing works on the iPhone. On the App Store, the only mention of sharing is "... use the additional functionality available only on our website: file attachments, sharing/collaboration..." I think this is pretty clear that it is a website only feature. If there is somewhere else where you think we are being misleading, please let me know so that I can fix it.

I read something similar on your website where you describe the iPhone app, but it says this: "Securely sync your todo list with Toodledo.com for backup purposes, and to use the additional functionality available on our website: file attachments, subtasks, sharing/collaboration, forums, etc."
Which to me looks like.... "if you sync the app with the website, you can use the additional functionality of sharing, subtasks... etc..." Also, because I have read elsewhere that subtasks are supported when you sync so long as you upgrade to a pro account - I would assume that sharing tasks would also work if you sync them with the website. So perhaps re-wording that is a good idea. Also, when you click on the link for sharing, it tells you all about how sharing works, and doesn't mention anywhere that it is for the website only and doesn't sync with the apps. It may be an important disclaimer to add there.

My husband and I have been searching for an app that we can use to manage our shared daily routines... doing the laundry, making dinner... things like that. And because we can't find one that lets us share tasks, I end up doing everything because they are all on my list. Logging in to the computer to track simple daily tasks is a bit more effort than we are willing to put forth. We usually roll out of bed with our phones in our hands, so using an app is perfect. We also usually have routines that are a mix of shared tasks and personal ones, so being able to share individual tasks is really important.

Right now I have been looking at Lifenotes To-Do, and honestly I don't really like anything about the app.... but it will let me share individual tasks with anyone I want to, and will actually sync them to the app. So, we may give that a try...

This message was edited Jul 07, 2011.
abishepherd

Posted: Nov 30, 2011
I am very disappointed to realise that this is not available on teh iphone/ipad. I've just purchased a pro account for my husband (I already had one myself) only to find out that the iphone app won't allow you to view shared tasks. That really is a bit of a bummer!

Can someone please tell me if its going to be a matter of months or years? I notice that the last update to this topic was in July!!! Any further update from Toodledo?

I'm guessing that my only option is to add things to my husband's account under his name and then he can view tem but it means I can't manage the list of tasks easily!

Not a happy bunny!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 1 Reference
Sharing on iOS is our number one request, so you can be sure that we are working on it. It is a very complex and time consuming feature to add, so I cannot comment on a delivery date, but it is being worked on.
Pablo_1301263924

Hi,
Maybe it´s time to think out of the box?

-Create a new account in Toodledo.com (Will be a joint/shared account for you and your husband)

-Add this joint account to your phone and to your husband phone.
(I use a 3rd part App that allow multiple Toodledo accounts. Ultimate To-do List for Android)

That’s it!
Now can you and your husband collaborate, create, edit, complete, sync, etc tasks in your share account.

Be creative, for example use tags “waiting for husband”, Waiting for wife”, “delegate to husband”,etc...

It works for me and my wife.

Posted by compcroft:
Posted by Toodledo:

I read something similar on your website where you describe the iPhone app, but it says this: "Securely sync your todo list with Toodledo.com for backup purposes, and to use the additional functionality available on our website: file attachments, subtasks, sharing/collaboration, forums, etc."
Which to me looks like.... "if you sync the app with the website, you can use the additional functionality of sharing, subtasks... etc..." Also, because I have read elsewhere that subtasks are supported when you sync so long as you upgrade to a pro account - I would assume that sharing tasks would also work if you sync them with the website. So perhaps re-wording that is a good idea. Also, when you click on the link for sharing, it tells you all about how sharing works, and doesn't mention anywhere that it is for the website only and doesn't sync with the apps. It may be an important disclaimer to add there.

My husband and I have been searching for an app that we can use to manage our shared daily routines... doing the laundry, making dinner... things like that. And because we can't find one that lets us share tasks, I end up doing everything because they are all on my list. Logging in to the computer to track simple daily tasks is a bit more effort than we are willing to put forth. We usually roll out of bed with our phones in our hands, so using an app is perfect. We also usually have routines that are a mix of shared tasks and personal ones, so being able to share individual tasks is really important.

Right now I have been looking at Lifenotes To-Do, and honestly I don't really like anything about the app.... but it will let me share individual tasks with anyone I want to, and will actually sync them to the app. So, we may give that a try...
Eddie S

Posted: Mar 08, 2012
How long until iPhone sharing?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 09, 2012
ne_1331939307

Posted: Mar 26, 2012
Are there any 3. party iOS (and/or Windows/MacOS) tools that do support the sharing feature? I tested it on pocket informant, ToDo and 2Do. Only on 2Do is see a shared folder (as sharing guest with standard account) but am not sure about reliable functuality.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 26, 2012
Sharing is only available through our website right now.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.