ForumsGetting Things Done®GTD Electronic book

GTD Electronic book
settenano

Posted: Jul 21, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I am curious about this Allen's book, but I'd rather buy it in electronic version. I cannot find it on amazon or iBook.
Anyone knows a store that sells it in electronic?
Claudio

Very interesting. I couldn't find an e-book version.

Over a year ago, I bought the e-book version of Allen's follow-up book "Making It All Work" but when I tried to transfer it from ereader.com to my iPad a month ago, I couldn't, even though I have access to all the other e-books that I purchased. Seems that Allen has forced all of the e-book vendors to remove his books from electronic distribution.

This message was edited Jul 21, 2010.
Andrew A

Um, I have the Kindle version and only recently book the electronic version of this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Getting-Things-Done-Productivity-ebook/dp/B000WH7PKY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1279719693&sr=1-1

But not sure what other formats you are looking for.

It is also at http://www.ebooks.com/ebooks/book_display.asp?IID=254891

This message was edited Jul 21, 2010.
settenano

mmm. It looks like the electronic version is not available for european customers.
I wonder why.
Thank you anyway.
Claudio

Seems that the e-books are only available in the U.S.
kaz_taz

Posted: Jul 23, 2010
Interesting indeed, as I purchased an electronic copy via fictionwise.com 20th November last year. They are no longer available from that store. (I'm from Australia)
Andrew A

Posted: Jul 23, 2010
Funny, I wonder if there is a way (other than a US-based proxy service which could be construed as violating some country's crazy concept of copyright which I would never recommend) to purchase the book properly? I know there have been times that I had to go to Amazon.uk to buy something for my wife... and actually come to think of it, one of those times we were denied the right to download some music.
davebartell

Posted: Aug 01, 2010
Barnes and Noble (bn.com) has it for $12.99
settenano

Posted: Aug 02, 2010
It says: These items ship to U.S. addresses only
I am not willing to try a purchase to test this claim.
mco

Posted: Aug 12, 2010
Posted by Claudio:
Seems that Allen has forced all of the e-book vendors to remove his books from electronic distribution.

Remember that authors are largely bit players in the book distribution business.
Claudio

Posted: Aug 12, 2010
Perhaps, but David Allen is more than just the author of the book.

He sells his books directly, along with his CDs, file folders, stacking trays, notebooks, wallets, pens, paper planners and pads, zip pouches, software, workflow guides, and memberships.

I'd say that he has more control over the distribution of his intellectual property compared to many other authors.

In any case, it turns out that the restriction is not on electronic books vs paper-based, but on U.S. vs. non-U.S. distribution of e-books. And, yeah, most likely the decision was make by the publisher (Penguin) and not by David Allen.
Jessepjameson

Posted: Aug 15, 2010
Are all of you outside the US? I bought the ebook version last night and was able to find it on every book vendor platform and chose kindle version for my iPad.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.