ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsTaskUnifier: Multiplatform

TaskUnifier: Multiplatform
kordi82

Posted: Apr 16, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
I asked this question in another thread, but maybe I will get anwser faster in here. Is there a way to customize shortcuts in TaskUnifier and to quickly add a task with a shortcut when task unifier is hidden in system tray.

This is a question for windows 7.
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Apr 17, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
Hi,

1) You can use TaskUnifier with the command line addon with Launchy for example.

https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/taskunifier/index.php?title=Create_quick_tasks_with_Launchy

2) If you selected "Minimize to tray" in the general settings of TaskUnifier, when TaskUnifier is minimized, right click on its icon, then click on "Paste tasks from clipboard".

If you paste somethings like :
Line1
Line2
Line3

Line1 will be the title, the other lines will be added as note of the new task.

This message was edited Apr 17, 2012.
Ron Smits

Posted: Jun 11, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
My taskunifier stopped syncing completely with toodledo. It used to work fine. But since june 3th I have not been able to sync my toodledo account. I am currently using the webclient and "due today" on my android tablet instead of the only paid program I have to handle my todo's.

Any suggestions on how to solve this?
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Jun 12, 2012
Hi,

Without any details it will be hard to help you.

Could you simply try Settings -> Synchronization -> Remove all and synchronize ?

Thanks,

Ben
Ron Smits

Going to that page gives me a popup with:
<code>
Checking Toodledo license
Connecting to Toodledo
</code>
It stays there untill I kill the process. Anyway I can show logs?

Posted by Benjamin Leclerc:
Hi,

Without any details it will be hard to help you.

Could you simply try Settings -> Synchronization -> Remove all and synchronize ?

Thanks,

Ben
Benjamin Leclerc

Operating system ?
Version of TaskUnifier ?
Ron Smits

Posted: Jun 13, 2012
He Ben

Taskunifier version 2.4.0
Windows 7 SP1. Completely uptodate
Java version 1.7.0_04

The system is behind a proxy. The proxy is working correctly in all browsers and other internet related programs (like gtalk/tunein/dropbox and so on).
TaskUnifier is setup to use the system proxy.

However doing anything that is related to connecting to the internet seems to show this behaviour. Wether its getting the plugin database or synchronizing with toodledo

Operating system ?
Version of TaskUnifier ?
Benjamin Leclerc

Did you try "Test connection" in Settings -> Proxy ?

Is it really hanging, or it just takes time because there is a connection problem and that it will probably returns a time out after a few minutes ?
Ron Smits

I tried the test connection. Started it before going to lunch and it was still hanging when I came back. The message I get when I kill it using taskmanager states that the application is waiting for a response from me. There are no other dialog windows open however that would help me in that.

Currently I am thinking of removing the app and reinstalling it. I did buy the toodledo plugin however. Can I just transfer that?
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Jun 14, 2012
Yes you can try, the license key will be loaded when you will enter your Toodledo account email in the settings.

There is nothing else to do.
Ron Smits

Completely removed the application. First just running the uninstaller, then removing the c:\Program Files\TaskUnifier directory and finally %APPDATA%\Roaming\TaskUnifier.

After the re install alas the problem is still there. Not able to connect to anything.

I really mis my TaskUnifier. What else can I do to get it working again?
Benjamin Leclerc

It worked before and then suddenly it didn't work anymore ?

Did you install something ? Did you change something ?
eric.lemiere

Posted: Jul 03, 2012
Failed multiple sync computers with same key and same Toodledo account

Hi Benjamin,

New-born as I may be about both Toodledo, TaskUnifier & your plugin to bind them both, that I gladly bought & deployed this morning on my work PC -WinXP-, I came to be a bit startled when trying to run TaskUnifier on my secondary (@home) and third (@laptop for commuting) PCs (Ubuntu-operated), showing the following message after Toodledo plugin configuration (as well as during a sync attempt, later on) :

"L'adresse email ou le mot de passe est invalide ou l'adresse email est déjà utilisée"

I can understand French alright, no big deal for a native - ;) - so having checked thrice my password, licence key (greened) & Toodledo password, the behaviour is still present.

As the plugin home page states "You can use the same license key on multiple computers as long as you use the same Toodledo account", I'd really wish my case would be solved - for sure I must have simply missed something ;)

Thanks for the excellent smoothness & look&feel of the plugin, and for the conformance of TaskUnifier to GTD spirit ! I'm really glad I paid for this nice piece of soft that should enlighten many a day in front of me :)

Eric

Dear Biggamal,

I have sent you a mail.
The licence key is linked to you email address (case sensitive).

Please check that the email address is exactly written in the same way as the one you filled in during the purchase.

Ben
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Jul 04, 2012
Hi,

The error you are facing has nothing to do with the license key.

It is a problem with your login info from Toodledo.
If the license key is green, it means your email address is correct.

So, the only thing that can be wrong, is your password.
Do not trust copy paste, try to type it again.
If your password worked on your first computer, then you definitely have made a mistake while typing it on your other computers.

Regards,

Ben

This message was edited Jul 04, 2012.
eric.lemiere

Hi again -sorry folks for this lengthy post-,

Many thanks for your swift answer this morning, Benjamin.

Following your conforting suggestion, I typed my pwd again & again, practising on Toodledo web site to make sure my fingers were still consistent. Bad news, no better.

Then I created a ~/.taskunifier directory to make sure the data/ one from the install directory was not at stake, that triggerered a settings wizard as expected to populate the new directory. At the end, same result.

I then dug into the log to observe the following WARN (?) for the purpose of your analysis, if deemed useful (I cannot figure it out myself lacking source code - but not the good-will :) ) :

INFO: The email/password was invalid or email address is in use.
com.leclercb.taskunifier.plugin.toodledo.calls.exc.ToodledoSettingsException: The email/password was invalid or email address is in use.
at com.leclercb.taskunifier.plugin.toodledo.calls.ToodledoErrors.throwError(ToodledoErrors.java:126)
at com.leclercb.taskunifier.plugin.toodledo.calls.ToodledoErrors.throwError(ToodledoErrors.java:136)
at com.leclercb.taskunifier.plugin.toodledo.calls.AbstractCall.throwResponseError(AbstractCall.java:145 )
at com.leclercb.taskunifier.plugin.toodledo.calls.CallGetUserId.getResponseMessage(CallGetUserId.java:7 8)
at com.leclercb.taskunifier.plugin.toodledo.calls.CallGetUserId.getUserId(CallGetUserId.java:48)
at com.leclercb.taskunifier.plugin.toodledo.calls.ToodledoStatement.getUserId(ToodledoStatement.java:71 )
at com.leclercb.taskunifier.plugin.toodledo.ToodledoConnection.connect(ToodledoConnection.java:81)
at com.leclercb.taskunifier.gui.components.synchronize.SynchronizerWorker$3.run(SynchronizerWorker.java :210)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

Finally I cleaned both ~/.taskunifier and TaskUnifier directories and started anew from clean untar. No way.

I fancy that plugin v6.8 is still compatible with TU 2.4.0, though release notes do not mention it and the log seems ok :
4 juil. 2012 13:06:43 com.leclercb.taskunifier.gui.threads.checkversion.CheckVersionRunnable run
INFO: No new version available
4 juil. 2012 13:06:45 com.leclercb.taskunifier.gui.threads.checkpluginversion.CheckPluginVersionRunnable showNoNewVersion
INFO: No new plugin "No Synchronization Plugin" version available
4 juil. 2012 13:06:45 com.leclercb.taskunifier.gui.threads.checkpluginversion.CheckPluginVersionRunnable showNoNewVersion
INFO: No new plugin "Toodledo Plugin" version available

On the toodledo side, I can see among "Syncing Apps" an entry fir TaskUnifier, last used today, with option "Block" available (meaning it is NOT blocked).

Did I miss install notes for Linux or something ?

Well, I strive to make it work for me, I surely would rather end this with a simple solution, but could not make it happen yet.

Thanks in advance for your support,
Eric

Background info :
- Ubuntu with 2.6.35-32-generic
- java version "1.6.0_20"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.9.13) (6b20-1.9.13-0ubuntu1~10.10.1)
OpenJDK Client VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode, sharing)
Benjamin Leclerc

Could you try to change your password in Toodledo to something very simple (only 4-5 letters) and then change it in TaskUnifier and try to synchronize again ?
Benjamin Leclerc

Hmm, sorry, you are using OpenJDK.
Could you try with SunJDK ?

http://softwareinabottle.wordpress.com/2011/11/17/install-sun-jdk-6-on-ubuntu-11-10/

OpenJDK is not officialy supported.
Due to some weird behaviours, like the one you are facing I guess.

This message was edited Jul 04, 2012.
eric.lemiere

Thank you, Benjamin ! That did the trick indeed.

A good opportunity for me to discover the JRE switch to select the runtime environment on the fly after having installed to Sun JRE aside from OpenJDK :
sudo update-alternatives --config java

There are 2 choices for the alternative java (providing /usr/bin/java).

Sélection Chemin Priorité État
------------------------------------------------------------
0 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/bin/java 1061 mode automatique
* 1 /opt/jre1.6.0_31/bin/java 1 mode manuel
2 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/bin/java 1061 mode manuel

=> I select choice "1" before running TaskUnifier.sh and VOILA !

Have a nice time while developping the future of your great tools, which I look forward to using and advising to everybody around !

Eric
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Jul 05, 2012
Hi Eric,

Glad to hear it works now.

Ben
Kirby

Posted: Jul 18, 2012
Is anyone having trouble with syncing to Toodledo via TaskUnifier this morning? I'm getting the following error message:

Error

com.leclercb.taskunifier.api.synchronizer.exc.SynchronizerHttpException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
Level:
SEVERE

I'm trying to isolate whether the problem is at my end here or possibly outside of our network. Thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.