ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Jeremy"
Jeremy

Posted Dec 10, 2008 in: Timeline Possible?
Score: 1
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Dec 10, 2008
  • Score: 1
I like it as well. Let's get all edward tufte on our tasks and history.

http://www.edwardtufte.com/
Jeremy

Posted Dec 09, 2008 in: Anyone using Dial2Do.com?
Score: 0
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Dec 09, 2008
  • Score: 0
I just discovered dial2do after learning of Sandy's terminal condition. Looks like a powerful program that allows for a lot of functionality through your phone.

The transcription seems to be a billion times better than Jott and right now its still free.

Does anyone use this service and are there any Toodledo hacks that anyone is using (Dial2Do.com has a Toodledo connection)?

Jeremy
Jeremy

• Jeremy
I'm sure its in the works now that the liscensing states that you can add/modify gmail and make add-ons.

This message was edited Dec 09, 2008.
Jeremy

Posted Dec 09, 2008 in: navigation icons in widget
  • Jeremy
I do!
Jeremy

Posted Dec 09, 2008 in: Toodledo iPhone 1.3.2
  • Jeremy
Hate to continue to pester....but where is the Blackberry love?

At least the updated email import and enhanced WAP access on the blackberry? It seems like the iPhone gets all the attention for development.
Jeremy

Posted Dec 07, 2008 in: Toodledo Slim works for G1, too.
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Dec 07, 2008
Slim is the best for the G1 right now. I'm hoping that TooDo will get better with time. If you find some other way to use it, can you post on this forum?
Jeremy

Posted Dec 07, 2008 in: Email reminders: Due time
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Dec 07, 2008
Check out the help section. Its got a lot of good stuff.

I was using Sandy for must do stuff...call someone in an hour...feed the meter... Toodledo is more of a whole planning system.

Syntax for email can be found under email import. I use it everyday for GTD style task input. Decide what something is and if anything needs to be done about it at the time of discovery.

You can sync with Google calendar and several other programs.
Jeremy

• Jeremy
  • Posted: Dec 06, 2008
What would be nice is if we had the option to set groups of context so that we could add tasks to every context in that group....kind of like distribution lists in outlook...you send one email to a group and inside of that group is ten people that the email is sent to.

Tags are nice but not easy to manage on 300-400 tasks...unless someone has a suggestion of how they use tags?

@Rachel, the PRO is worth more than just this feature IMHO, I would encourage you to dig into the program to see the benefit.

This message was edited Dec 06, 2008.
Jeremy

Score: 1
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Dec 05, 2008
  • Score: 1
I couldn't find this feature anywhere....

Add a task to multiple contexts i.e.

Look for widget- @Target, @Grocery, @Wal-Mart, @Google/Online

This would add "Look for widget" to each context and would remind you to look for widget when you are in the specified context (or folder, for those that use them).

I need this functionality for my job and it would be useful for other situations as well.

Jeremy
Jeremy

Posted Dec 04, 2008 in: Improvement to Subtasks
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Dec 04, 2008
would be nice to be able to set a preference....always toggle one way like the "sort" function works.
Jeremy

• Jeremy
  • Posted: Dec 02, 2008
After much tinkering with TooDo, I couldn't get it to work either.
Jeremy

Posted Dec 02, 2008 in: Improvement to Subtasks
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Dec 02, 2008
it appears to be an action versus a preference....
Jeremy

• Jeremy
  • Posted: Nov 20, 2008
connections....including e-mail import?
Jeremy

Posted Nov 03, 2008 in: T-Mobile G1 / Google Phone Integration
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Nov 03, 2008
@michael

I would like to see a client that would use the slim interface and utilize the functionality of Android. i.e. Hold down on a phone number in program and it takes you to the phone function, location based reminders, tight integration with google calendar (if you set a due time in Toodledo, it will put it on your calendar). I think the slim version gives you a start and from there merge it with the great feeatures in android.

Jeremy
Jeremy

Posted Oct 30, 2008 in: Google G3 Phone
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Oct 30, 2008
Just to clarify...

Android is a linux based operating system for mobile devices. Developed by google and later by the open handset alliance. (It's like the Windows Mobile OS inside of a Windows Mobile Smartphone). Its open source so its supposed to be cheaper and quicker to develop for. Google owns the code.

Google search, calendar, maps, and gmail are integrated throughout the phone. Easy to call it the "google phone"

The T-Mobile G1 phone is the only phone that currently uses Android.

HTC is the manufacturer of the T-Mobile G1.

T-Mobile is turning on their 3G network in conjuction with the launch of the G1.

I hope that clears up this thread.
Jeremy

Posted Oct 28, 2008 in: Google G3 Phone
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Oct 28, 2008
I tried the application "Toodo" for android and I could not get it to bring in my tasks. It looks like it may have some promise in the future.

Until that time, can you attempt to port the google widget to android? I believe that this may be a simple process and that google has provided a tool to do this. It would offer you exposure to a similar demographic (early reports show that G1 users are the same as iPhone users) and an opportunity to bring on more accounts while conserving your resources.

***Posted using my shiny new G1 from T-Mobile powered by Android***
Jeremy

Posted Oct 23, 2008 in: Google G3 Phone
  • Jeremy
  • Posted: Oct 23, 2008
See the t-mobile G1 response.
Jeremy

• Jeremy
  • Posted: Oct 08, 2008
@J-Mac

Do you mind posting your settings on the BB web browser?

Open you browser, press menu, select options, select browser configuration.

Let me know what you have checked and the options below the checkbox.
Jeremy

• Jeremy
  • Posted: Oct 06, 2008
@jebanks

Blackberry holds 50%+ market share versus all other smart phones, so its a large piece of the pie.

The factory stock task list is ok, but for many of us that want to work with a GTD workflow or Toodledo feature set the task manager leaves a lot to be desired. The other benefit with Toodledo is that when you are at a desktop or laptop that may not be your home unit, you are automatically synchronized instantly. The task manager would only update on your device or when connect to you home/office computer.

What it is about Toodledo that makes it better...everything in short. The features help you focus on what matters most for what is currently at hand. If you are doing yard chores and outside stuff, you don't want to be reminded about "clean out basement storage". Also setting dates, goals, and priorities is important in deciding what to do when and how to respond if something comes up. You may be able to fiddle with the BB task manager to achieve this, but it would be using a 2X4 to hammer in a nail.

Here is a comparison list if you haven't seen it. http://www.toodledo.com/info/compare.php

Enterprise support is a tough one, but I think what most of us are looking for is a Blackberry compatible website or an enhanced WAP version of the website. This would get around any enterprise lockdown conflicts. A client would be nice, but not necessary if we had a great web version, made for Blackberry.

I agree the berating and insulting is not necessary. Its not like the Pro users are paying $50 a month. Getting developers to make something to sit on top of Toodledo might be interesting, but
-How many Pro users are there?
-How much would people be willing to pay?
-What would be the cost to develop the client?

These are questions that I don't have the answer to. If I did, I might be willing to investigate developing the app.

I don't buy the web apps are clunky argument. I use a lot of web apps and I don't run into to too many problems that cannot get fixed with a simple email to the developers. I still use Toodledo on my blackberry browser, its just not as nice as it is on Camino on my Mac Book. We are not asking for compatibility with every device, just the one with the most market share.
Jeremy

• Jeremy
  • Posted: Oct 05, 2008
I would also recommend that anyone reading this post search the postings for Blackberry. There have been many posts about the blackberry that might be helpful in understanding Toodledo's position on the device.

For the record, I too am baffled (aside from the fact that you guys/gals use the iPhone) why you haven't made this a larger priority. Many of us live/sleep/eat with our blackberry devices and because of the limited enterprise support from other smart phones, we are limited to this device for the majority of our professional work.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6      Next