Posted Oct 03, 2009 in: Google Voice & Toodledo
Score: 0
  • cj
  • Posted: Oct 03, 2009
  • Score: 0
Posted by replytoken:
Posted by cj:
Another vote for Dial2do ...

the steps you listed for doing this in Google Voice have already been developed by a guy named Rube Goldberg ; )

Funny, I felt that way when I was reading how one has to use Dial2do. I did not realize that leaving a simple message required a number of steps. Its probably not a big deal, just like setting up Google Voice and Mail with TD, but I am glad we have choices that work well for us.

Regarding Mr. Goldberg's "latest designs", I would have to reserve that special honor for some other hardware and software manufacturers. Most of the time setting up Google's products does not even come close to the contraptions needed to get some equipment to work right, but I will not name names and take this thread OT.

--Ken

If you have to do anything more than 1 step to use dial2do with toodledo, then you are doing something wrong. The "setup" is merely to enter your toodledo account ID to Dial2do.

From then on, when calling dial2do you say

"Toodledo"

and then recite your task.

pretty straightforward if you ask me.
cj

Posted Sep 28, 2009 in: Google Voice & Toodledo
  • cj
  • Posted: Sep 28, 2009
Another vote for Dial2do ...

the steps you listed for doing this in Google Voice have already been developed by a guy named Rube Goldberg ; )
cj

Posted Aug 18, 2009 in: Anyone using Dial2Do.com?
  • cj
  • Posted: Aug 18, 2009
I discovered something interesting - on my cellphone there is an app that apparently inteferes with Dial2do ...(Google Voice). It makes some sense, since google voice 'monitors' my call in case I need to tell it a command (mute, record) so it makes sense that it might screw up dial2do ...
Try using dial2do from a landline ... (you can program in 3 numbers from which Dial2do will recognize you)
cj

Posted Aug 17, 2009 in: Anyone using Dial2Do.com?
  • cj
  • Posted: Aug 17, 2009
You've got me stumped. The only things I can think of right now are
1. You have a more limited version of Dial2do than me (being an early user) ... doubtful
2. Phone problems. Frankly bluetooth is a big problem for voice transcription, and could cause all the issues you described. I've gone through 7-8 headsets in the past few months trying to find the right one for my phone.

Did you try to go to Dial2do support?
cj

Posted Aug 16, 2009 in: Anyone using Dial2Do.com?
  • cj
  • Posted: Aug 16, 2009
Posted by lite1:
?s/your experience with Dial2Do - I just setup acct a
The transcription was quite accurate which is amazing however if it drops text, it can not be trusted as part of a task system except for tasks that are personal and fairly unimportant.
Thanks for any advice and your own experience.

Dial2Do and Toodledo are the two services I use daily, hourly - or even more frequently :-) I am wild about both services (except for Toodledo's high future tasks approach!!).

I never noticed any time limit on Dial2do messages, it's always been more than enough for me -- and I use it a lot -- but it's not supposed to be used for dictation, at least not yet. If Dial2do is timing out on you, my guess is that it might have something to do with your cell phone or Bluetooth connection, where Dial2do interprets static or silence as the end of your message.

Anyway, half of my Dial2do use is in sending tasks to Toodledo. I was experimenting a few dozen times last night, and the only discovery I made was that Dial2do passes along the due date (as the prior poster stated). I can say, merely "today, tomorrow or next week" or even "September 12" or any date and Toodledo will interpret that as the due date. I tried, and I don't think Toodledo recognizes priority, tag, context, or any other fields.

But the really really cool thing about Dial2do is the feeds: I can have Dial2do read all my e-mails, and news feeds... and I can listen probably for an hour. When I turn on the RSS feature in Toodledo, I can have Dial2do read my tasks for today, and also read any reminders sent to email.

It's not perfect... yet. It would be perfect if Dial2do and Toodledo (or qualified developers) would collaborate just a little bit... I don't think it would take much: just the ability to dictate some extra parameters for Toodledo, and the ability to create more custom and flexible Toodledo RSS feeds.

Hope this helps!

CJ
cj

Posted Aug 15, 2009 in: Anyone using Dial2Do.com?
  • cj
  • Posted: Aug 15, 2009
I am a huge fan of Dial2Do (lots of improvements over the past few months - and way better than Jott was) - though google voice I can see one day doing the dial2do functionality.

I use it for toodledo - lots ... but has anyone figured out yet if (or how) other options can be sent via dial2do to toodledo???

I actually think I can say things like "due next week" - but not sure. When I say "high priority" it is typed out in the task.

I wish I knew more about dial2do integration to program is to it passed on parameters to toodledo. it would be awesome.

anyone?
cj

Posted Aug 06, 2009 in: Odd Firefox + Toodledo issue
  • cj
  • Posted: Aug 06, 2009
I tried everything. Nothing worked. And then I ran Firefox in safe mode (of course it worked) and then ran it again without safe mode and Toodledo has been working since.
Odd since safe mode does not do anything permanent (unless you explicitly tell it). oh well. It would be nice to know so I can avoid this again. Thanks.
cj

• cj
No other apparent javascript problems ... but I was thinking something with gears or greasemonkey? I ask because it's similar in scripting, and (for me) virtually unused elsewhere.
what do you think?

I am actually hoping someone recognizes the problem and can tell me what I did wrong. It's been 4-5 hours already!
cj

• cj
Yeah I thought that too - but no ... all enabled, all checked. Problem is still there.

This message was edited Aug 06, 2009.
cj

• cj
I'm not posting this as a bug because it is clearly a problem on my end - but either others here have experienced it (or will):

I simply clicking on "add", pressing N ... does nothing ... in fact clicking on any LINK that is not a TAB (or on the sidebar) does nothing. Nor does clicking to edit,

I've run toodledo on 4 different machines, using 3 browsers each (firefox, IE, Chrome). I only experience this on the firefox setup on one machine ... so obviously there's a setting or something I changed but I cannot for the life of me find it. Even more strange - all my addons are automatically synched/duplicated on all my firefox setups - and I've been disabling no luck.

This really seems like a weird Javascript or Greasmonkey or Gears issue but I am just perplexed ...

Any ideas?

Thanks.
cj

Posted Jul 31, 2009 in: Quck Add feature (and Quick Search)
  • cj
  • Posted: Jul 31, 2009
you can always create a bookmark for the add-task link, and depending on your browser/OS, you can put that bookmark in a number of places (including your taskbar) ... something to think about.
cj

Posted Jul 14, 2009 in: Change the name "Toodledo"
  • cj
  • Posted: Jul 14, 2009
As a someone who teaches marketing I agree with the analogies that people initially felt a little dumb about saying google or yahoo (or even twitter), but these names were unique enough to be remembered and generic enough to go in whatever direction they needed to go.

I only have one issue with the name toodledo: I use several voice command systems (similar to jott, or similar to dragon speak) ... most of these systems choke when I say toodledo. if I get lucky, it confuses it with todo (where I can have contingencies)

in other words, the name is unique - but not unique enough.

and worse, I can be heard in public shouting to my cellphone "toodledo" ... which does indeed seem odd.

; )

This message was edited Jul 14, 2009.
cj

Posted Jun 28, 2009 in: We now have a Gmail gadget
  • cj
  • Posted: Jun 28, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
You can change the order of the boxes in the sidebar, just enable the Google lab feature that allows you to do this and then drag Toodledo to the top.

Ah. Thanks. FYI for others - that labs feature is called "Navbar drag and drop" (I never considered the left side panel to be called a Navbar).

Ability to reduce the font size would make this gadget perfect (same request for the firefox sidepanel add-on too)
cj

Posted Jun 27, 2009 in: We now have a Gmail gadget
  • cj
  • Posted: Jun 27, 2009
Tried it ... great except that I cannot move it towards the top (so I have to scroll). I know this is a gmail/gadgets issue but do you know of any way to change the location of the gadget?
cj

• cj
OMG - I cannot WAIT to try this!
cj

• cj
OMG - I cannot WAIT to try this!
cj

Posted Jun 08, 2009 in: Who are you?
  • cj
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2009
Posted by thpope:
Thomas Pope
I am not "the pope"

Darn. I was so curious to see what The Pope's todo list looked like. And which tasks had due dates etc ...
cj

Posted Jun 08, 2009 in: View Deleted Tasks
  • cj
Posted by Anders:
Go into "Account Settings", scroll down to the bottom of the page, in the section called "Account Activity" you will see a link called "Recently Deleted Tasks". Click it :)

Here is the URL if you are still having trouble: http://www.toodledo.com/delete_log.php

It is a very new feature, so that is probably why there is no help topic.

~Anders

OH - how entertaining. It's like a scavenger hunt! ; ) ...
perhaps it belongs in a tab, intuitively and consistently, next to "recently added", "recently modified" and "recently completed" ??

Thanks!
cj

Posted Jun 08, 2009 in: View Deleted Tasks
  • cj
Yeah, great ... WHERE can we see the deleted tasks (and if this is a feature, it should be in the help too, no?) ... I have looked through every menu and cannot find anywhere to view deleted tasks

Posted by Toodledo:
It is now possible to see recently deleted tasks, and to see how/why they were deleted. This can be useful if you are trying to figure out what happened to a task, or if you think that a third-party app is syncing poorly with Toodledo.

There is currently no "undelete" option, although this is planned for a future update.

You can find the recently deleted task list by going into your Account Settings and scrolling to the bottom of the page under "Account Activity".
cj

Posted Jun 02, 2009 in: Two big updates and 6 little ones
  • cj
  • Posted: Jun 02, 2009
>There's also an option to Delete the task, which means I don't have to go the far right of the screen. Nice!

DITTO !!

Thanks for all this (and for mention of "reference" ... I didn't know this existed and personally find it very useful!)

Thanks!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next