ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Ob-La-Di+ruben"
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Score: 0
Hi Anand,

Can you just clarify where one goes to find announcements, etc from Toodledo team?

Yesterday, in this thread (https://bit.ly/2UJMT7q), you mentioned -

"Yes announcement is pending for that feature which we have scheduled for tomorrow."

Where would I go to see that (and other) announcements?

I've been sort of dying to get more insight into what's going on, advance warning of planned downtimes, etc but somehow keep ending up out of the loop and getting blindsided by things that hamper my using toodledo. Can you point me to where to go to stay on top of what's going on? Current system status, etc?
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Score: 1
Thanks for the data points, Linden and Gumminblume.

Regarding stability and just knowing what's going on,

One of the ancillary things that I find really aggravating is that in addition to what seems to be increased instability and issues cropping up,

I keep asking if we can get an update or an "all clear" when an issue is thought to be resolved" but don't get anything and never really know.

That way I don't feel like I'm fumbling along and perhaps something has been resolved because it doesn't seem to appear just at the moment but no way to know for sure. I've asked about this multiple times both here in the forums and on twitter and have gotten some responses that that is coming and a good idea...

Even for this issue, my specific case seems to have gone away and between the fact that my support ticket was closed (with no comment) and Anand's sort of non sequitur response above posted last night, I'm left to presume that the issue is thought to be resolved??? @#%^&*$#^ ??

Or a status page which we can reference or others mention status.io, etc.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Thanks for posting this and taking the time to do that. (and ditto on the tldr;)

Just to add to the thread, I see something somewhat similar in Firefox.

It seems like since I started using the new UI (just a couple months ago, but it seems like this is more of an issue these past weeks and I didn't really notice anything when first switching over), task list refreshing/updating does not happen as seamlessly as before.

I run both on both iOS and web. Certainly the tasks created on iOS don't appear as readily on web and I find myself doing page reloads more often to refresh the list and get new tasks added. I never did this before on the old UI, that I can recall.

Also, it seems that when I go between different views (results of an 'f' search bar search and back to full (or starred) list of tasks, for example), some tasks that were there before seem to disappear temporarily. I'm usually in the middle of doing something so hadn't given it much thought and just did a page refresh which cleared things up. I'll try to pay a bit more attention and update here with a more clear scenario.

It also seems that the page refreshes (task list refresh) seems to take quite a bit longer than before and I sit there as the 45%, xx% counts off. Perhaps this is because I'm doing more refreshes these days (related to above issues); I don't know for sure. It sure seems like it takes longer than with the old UI and the other odd thing is that it seems like it started cropping up more around the time that I saw an announcement from Toodle that they'd added an improvement to speed up page loading (so perhaps it's all in my imagination and the mention of page load speed enhancement triggered me to notice this more, but sure doesn't seem like that)
Ob-La-Di+ruben

The error dialog that pops up says

"Failed to fetch overdue tasks"

It's possible that there was a hiccup in my local LAN but presumably toodle initiates a couple retries before throwing that error?
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Hi Anand,

This happened again just now.

I went to open a support ticket for this as you'd requested, but it says that I can't because I already opened a ticket today.

That was presumably in reference to the ticket I opened last night about the bug where task/note mouse manipulation does not work and only opens the batch edit menu. Someone at toodle had asked a question to me about my situation and I answered it with a new comment which, I guess, re-opened the closed support ticket.

Below is the other issue that I'm referencing
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/26869/0/bug-openclose-task-notes-doesnt-work-opens-batch-edit-menu .html

This message was edited Mar 21, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Hi Linden,

I tried expending and collapsing parent tasks with subtasks and don't see that. Of course, since my problem was somewhat intermittent, that doesn't really mean much. Hope yours stabilizes soon.

I sure don't get what is going on and how this site is being run these days.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Support ticket 72725 filed for this issue.

Why is toodle so unstable and behavior keeps changing on the fly?

Are product changes being rolled out into production on an ongoing basis willy nilly? Aren't these changes being held in a testbed for testing before being rolled out in an announced upgrade?

It's starting to feel like I'm in an Agile daily scrum development environment with changes coming and going right and left.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Score: 2
Is anyone else seeing this?

It's a new quirky incorrect behavior.

When working on a note in a task tonight, at times, clicking on the <Note> icon no longer works to expand/collapse the Task Note and just causes the Batch Edit sidebar menu to appear. Likewise, if the Note is expanded & I try to click on the Note to go into edit/writeable mode, the Batch Edit menu also appears. There is no way to go into edit mode or to get the Note to collapse and go away at this point. Only the Batch Edit Sidebar menu keeps coming and going.

This was happening in the web application (tasks.toodledo.com) on Windows 10 with latest Firefox browser. I switched to a Windows 7 PC and thought the problem had disappeared but now it's happening there too.

Reloading the page makes the problem go away. It appears that if I use Firefox Search to search for string in a Note, that causes this bug to appear. The only way to resume normal work is to reload toodledo.

I'm going to file a support ticket on this now.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Ok, thanks. I'll log it the next time I see it.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Hi Anand,

It's mainly on the website (Windows 7 PC latest patch level, Firefox 65.0.2). Also run on iphone app, IOS 12 latest patch level - have seen a couple random error mesgs pop up there too but didn't pay much attention. Will try to capture the specifics of the mesg(s) more closely next few times I see them.

Yes, I can create a ticket but I have no debug info to include other than the issue that I see (random little popup that shows up momentarily in the bottom right of my screen). Is the website instrumented in any way for me to include something more useful that nothing for you to go on? Is there anything more you'd like me to include in the support ticket?

I also have no good way to determine if there is data missing or not or what failed that I can point you to to use for debugging this.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Hi,

For the past few weeks, I've been getting pretty regular errors which say "Could not sync tasks due". Then tonight I got a new message which said "Error - could not sync folders".

Are others seeing this too?

I'd never seen these errors before the last few weeks and have been on toodledo for going on 3 years now.

Boy, I don't know, and maybe it's seeing things thru rose colored glasses but I don't seem to recall stability/downtime issues back in the Jake days. These days it seems like there's things going on every month or so or more, one after the other.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Mar 14, 2019 in: Due date field in web interface?
Just to close the loop in case anyone looks at this, it's the same issue as this forum posting and is resolved now.

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/26845/0/bug-add-task-functionality-not-working-is-this-being-fixed .html
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Yes, Anant, it works now so that's great.

Odd as i did a reload earlier prior to posting to see if it was still failing which it was.

Is there any way that the toodle team could regularly post "all clear" messages somewhere like on twitter after an incident gets resolved? We had the same issue with trying to reach closure and know when things were completed with the late Feb move and database problems.

Or even better if there could be status page that people could just refer to anytime.

Thanks.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Thanks much, Anant, for the reply.

I was assuming that this would be a quick fix to revert back to a prior version but it's been 2 hours now and seems like it's going to be taking more time.

So, do you have some sort of rough ETA for when the fix may be available?

(Task creation is pretty unusable and is affecting batch mode, as well, it appears)

Thanks.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

My support ticket from back in Feb got answered in 2-4 days.

However, it was just a request to be added (after the last maintenance work that went awry and dragged on all night) to get my email address added to the list of people that get the advance announcement of planned outages which I'd received before but did not receive for this latest downtime.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Others seem to be seeing this same behavior (See link to other posting below). Don't see anything from toodle folks on twitter feed about this.

The Add Task button is currently mostly broken & unusable. Among the errors that I see are:

- Due Date drop-down does not open
- Dropdowns which do work are modal and cannot be closed -- when Tags is opened, it no longer goes away when you click another field. The only way I've found to get it to close is to use the <esc> key which then also cancels out of any tags chosen.

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/26841/0/due-date-field-in-web-interface.html
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Score: 3
I really agree with and would echo the comments both of you made above, AA and J-O-D.

Thanks very much J-O-D for the tips on where to go to try and get clued into what's going on with the toodledo app.

What's happened these past few week has sure been mortifying to me and I really miss the more calm, simpler days of Jake. I hope that at least he was able to cash out and get some nice financial reward from selling his toodledo baby into which he poured so much care and effort over the years.

I truly am sympathetic to the challenges of trying to oversee a maximum uptime tool used by many people around the globe. Murphy's Law always strikes and nothing ever seems to go as smoothly as anticipated.

At the same time, I am pretty SHOCKED at the lack of clear communication coming out of the folks who've taken over toodledo. The maintenance windows don't proceed as anticipated and we only get fitful information thru twitter as to what's going on. Given how things drag on and miss stated time estimates, I cannot believe that no one from toodledo posts any sort of a message of closure when everything is back to running normally. We are left guessing and ferreting around to see if everything is as it was, if there is stale data, or other unstable parts of the tool.

I think TOODLEDO REALLY NEEDS A STATUS PAGE where users can go to ascertain the stability of the system, progress of downtime maintenance, etc. In lieu of that, I can't believe that there aren't at least clear beginning and end announcements on twitter (and other communication platforms being used) so we can have an idea of what's going on.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Hi,

Need a bit of simple education here. Perhaps I should just address this "Hi J-O-D" but appreciate anyone's help.

Yesterday, Friday evening, there was a planned toodledo outage.

There was an in-app notification which I saw (after the fact when trying to find it) at the top of the drop-down menu located next to our avatars in the upper left of the web interface. Is there any other way to view this or get notified within the web interface if one almost never uses that drop-down menu?

Also, I did not click anything to clear the notification but it seems to have disappeared after the first time I opened the menu; I guess if I miss noticing it, then I'm just out of luck?

Thanks.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Feb 17, 2019 in: Outage
Just fyi, this was posted by toodledo on twitter and facebook earlier this afternoon. I don't see it here on the forum so I add it here for them -

https://twitter.com/toodledo/status/1096910580739334144
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Feb 16, 2019 in: Outage
Purveyor,

Toodledo tweeted the following on Feb 14, 9:51pm PST. That may be where J-O-D got the information. (That was also the last tweet from toodledo thus far)

We are having issues with our data center and we are working on a fix. We added another node, which is taking longer time than expected. Going by the speed of replication, it will take up to 2hours. We’ll share another update once that is up and running.

This message was edited Feb 17, 2019.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next