ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by cabbage"
cabbage

Posted Jan 15, 2015 in: Add items by text message
Score: 0
  • cabbage
  • Posted: Jan 15, 2015
  • Score: 0
Oh, thanks for the suggestion. I've heard of IFTTT but never used it. It might just be exactly what I need!
cabbage

Posted Jan 14, 2015 in: Add items by text message
  • cabbage
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2015
I struggle with the universal collection habit in GTD. Something that would really help is if I could add items to Toodledo via SMS. Is this possible?

I did some searching and I found a workaround from about 2008 that uses Twitter. I don't have a Twitter account and do not want one so that solution is not suitable for me. Is there another way?
cabbage

Posted Jun 15, 2012 in: The 'thought' context
  • cabbage
  • Posted: Jun 15, 2012
I have a @Brainstorm context. If not, processing my inbox or my weekly review would take a very long time indeed! It's also best for me to do my brainstorming when I feel fresh, energetic, creative and am in a good mood. A pen and paper also helps.

Of course, for most projects, the next step is obvious as Canyon Russell says but my @Brainstorm context is invaluable for the rest!
cabbage

Posted May 07, 2012 in: Braindead Tip
Score: -1
  • cabbage
  • Posted: May 07, 2012
  • Score: -1
Only because I use contexts for something else already. For example, many of my braindead actions are on my @Internet context but some are on my @Chores context. When I am feeling braindead, cutting out the mental overhead of sorting which is which is very important.

Since I posted, I've started using the Tag field instead. It's really versatile. I put the person's name in it for @Agenda and @Call items. Or the location for @Out&About. Or I tag zzz for out and about actions. I was reluctant to add another field to my system but the utility I get out of tags makes them worthwhile!
cabbage

• cabbage
  • Posted: May 05, 2012
For this, I either use tags, add the task twice (once for each context) or just choose one context to put it in.
cabbage

Score: 1
  • cabbage
  • Posted: May 04, 2012
  • Score: 1
You can change the notes icon placement in your settings, and there is a button near the top that lets you resize the columns. Should be pretty quick to fix!
cabbage

Posted May 02, 2012 in: URL Links
  • cabbage
  • Posted: May 02, 2012
On my browser, the left mouse button opens links in the current window and the middle button opens links in a new tab. Why would you want to break that behaviour?
cabbage

Posted Apr 27, 2012 in: Notebooks vs Folders
  • cabbage
  • Posted: Apr 27, 2012

This message was edited Apr 27, 2012.
cabbage

Posted Apr 27, 2012 in: Don't display repeating tasks early
  • cabbage
Have you tried setting the start date?
cabbage

Posted Apr 27, 2012 in: Character limit on tags
  • cabbage
No problem. Thanks for the reply!
cabbage

Posted Apr 27, 2012 in: Character limit on tags
  • cabbage
I've just fallen fowl of the character limit on tags. I'm going to see about abbreviating my tags so I can pack more in. However, I was wondering if extending the limit would be a quick job for the Toodledo developers.
cabbage

• cabbage
  • Posted: Apr 17, 2012
I should maybe mention if you use "repeat from due date" for a task that has no due date, it repeats from the start date. That's a really handy but poorly documented feature.
cabbage

• cabbage
Certainly:

Clean bathroom
Starts: Mar 31
Context: @ Chores @
Due: no date
Repeat: Every 1 week

This is a proper clean. I also put bleach down the toilet every day and clean up mess as I see it. You can see it's a little overdue just now. That's because I have been on holiday and am just getting back into the swing of things. If I do it tonight, it will reappear a week from now when it is due to be done again.
cabbage

• cabbage
Here is what I do:

These tasks go into a context called chores. It keeps them separate from one-off jobs around the house.

Only one is time critical: taking out the bins so that starts every each Wednesday (repeating form due date) and finishes on the same day (bins are collected on Thursday). If it ever goes red, I feel a little ashamed and make sure I don't forget next week!

The rest don't have due dates but they repeat on completion. If I'm late changing the bedsheets, there is no use playing catchup. Just change them and start the cycle again. The "repeat on completion" does this automatically for me.

I also have my own hotlist in a saved search which includes among other things all recurring tasks that have already started. This way, they appear on my hotlist even without a due date.

There is only so much you can automate your life but something that helps motivate me is the start date. If I have a weekly task that started a month ago, I'm really overdue!

One thing I don't use is the "optionally due on" setting. It sounds cool but for me that stands out as a task I don't need to care about. I have to check off all my tasks, either to say I've done them, that I no longer want to do them or to be aware I've missed a deadline (which can be OK if it's an optional deadline) .
cabbage

Posted Apr 16, 2012 in: Family chore list (to-do)?
  • cabbage
  • Posted: Apr 16, 2012
No problem.
cabbage

Posted Apr 16, 2012 in: Push back all tasks by two days
  • cabbage
Sounds like you got really busy all of a sudden, but only for a couple of days. Maybe you don't have time to mess around with settings just now. How about using the multi edit feature to give all these tasks a marker tag? You can then use the filters to hide them from view and sort out the mess when your schedule frees up.
cabbage

• cabbage
I heard about it on one of the threads here. It's got a lot of great ideas that I think I might tap into.
cabbage

Score: 1
  • cabbage
  • Score: 1
If you don't want to schedule a big clear out task, maybe Google "fly lady 27 fling boogie."
cabbage

Posted Apr 16, 2012 in: Template Functionally
  • cabbage
Glad you like it!
cabbage

• cabbage
With the greatest respect, you can't. There are 24 hours in the day and that's that.

That said, here are some tips that work for me:

My list is never empty so I just have to be comfortable with putting it down and chilling it out. Just because something is on a list doesn't mean it's more important than taking time for myself.

If I am pressed for time I hire tradesmen for DIY jobs.

I think carefully about accepting responsibilities. Do I really have time for them? Right now I am writing up a PhD and moving house as well as some freelance programming work and one evening a week teaching martial arts. You can bet I'm telling a lot of people "no" right now!

On a similar note, I'm happy to renegotiate my responsibilities. A quick call to say I have to delay that thing I promised goes a long way. People are usually OK with that. It's when you just fail to do stuff that they get annoyed.

Anyway, there are a few things that work for me. I hope there is something useful there for you!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next