ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by SRhyse"
SRhyse

Posted Jun 15, 2013 in: New Section: Outlines
Score: 0
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Jun 15, 2013
  • Score: 0
I actually moved to MyLifeOrganized from Toodledo after some years because of a lack of hierarchy in a substantive way, among some other reasons somewhat tied to that in terms of functionality.

I still like and respect Toodledo as a service, however, and am glad to see a more full fledged solution for hierarchy is finally being implemented. I'd have stayed if it'd been implemented sooner. With it, a missing link in functionality seems in the process of being filled.
SRhyse

Posted Dec 04, 2010 in: iOS App Version 2.1.1 Released
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Dec 04, 2010
I turned off the website push one found in http://www.toodledo.com/connect_remind.php. With that off, will the application badge on the iPhone app still update periodically? And will setting something to remind me from within the webapp cause the reminder to come from iCal on my iPhone, so long as the iPhone is synced after the reminder is made?
SRhyse

Posted Dec 03, 2010 in: iOS App Version 2.1.1 Released
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Dec 03, 2010
I now get two alerts per specified instance on a task since the update. One as an event in iCal on my iPhone, and one in the normal Push oriented Toodledo way that shows up 5 minutes before or after the reminder time.
SRhyse

• SRhyse
  • Posted: Dec 01, 2010
What exactly are you looking for Toodledo to 'do' by plugging into Joomla?

If you just want tasks to be displayed somehow, Toodledo has various RSS and Calendar feeds you could publish on your own - http://www.toodledo.com/connections.php
SRhyse

Posted Nov 22, 2010 in: 2do for iPhone question
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Nov 22, 2010
Posted by Peter:
Cool, thanks. And for #1 I actually meant to say "or" for the filters (e.g. "anything starred OR due soon")...not sure if this works too?

I think you could work it.

The way the saved searches work from the way I've played with them, you can combine 1 date filter (due in x days or due from xDate to yDate), 1 tag set (tagged with x, y, or z, or not having a tag, or having any tag, or having any tag that begins with xyz* using the * wildcard), action parameters (is call, website, email), people (a 2Do only feature, using people from your contacts as tags), by type (task, project, or checklist), and by text in the title. On top of that, there's a focus toggle on any calendar, which you could set to be due in however many days or with a star.

So, combining all that, I think you could set up a calendar for 'due in x days', and it'd show all the tasks within x days. Then within that calendar, if you wanna hit the focus button, it could further refine that to just stars, or high priority, or whatever.

Looking on it now, one of the default focus filters is actually 'due today, tomorrow, or starred.' With that, if you just selected any normal calendar, you could hit the focus button on them to show things due today, tomorrow, or starred, which sounds like what you're looking for, and would save you alot of setup time. If you wanna run that search real quick on all your tasks, just hit the focus button from the all tasks tab. If you wanna do a Frankenstein version of it with specific tasks from multiple calendars, you could setup a saved search calendar and hit focus on that.
SRhyse

Posted Nov 21, 2010 in: 2do for iPhone question
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Nov 21, 2010
1- Yes
2- Alarms don't sync. Currently, 2Do's alarms sync with meta data in the notes, but soon that would be hidden somewhere, so they'd sync, but could only be created in 2Do. They 'sync' in Todo because you can set Todo to automatically alert you when a task is due, but even then you have to start thinking about due times as reminders on the Toodledo end if you want that to work. Every due time would have a reminder if you wanted the sync experience.
3- It can sync on opening or closing I think, but not on edit.
SRhyse

Posted Nov 21, 2010 in: Paying for that "third" sort criteria?
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Nov 21, 2010
If I understand what you're trying to do correctly, you can use contexts for this (if you're not using them for something else already), or even tags if you don't have too many already.

With the same setup you have, have tasks either assigned the context of work, or personal. From there, in any view, simply click the filter button on either the webapp or iPhone, and choose to only see the context you would like. You can even see both at the same time after that every once in a while if you felt like it.

You can do the exact same thing with tags, putting an @ symbol in front of them. In the same way as contexts, you'd then click to filter out which tags you don't want to see, in this case work or personal.
SRhyse

Posted Nov 17, 2010 in: Syncing with 2Do iphone App
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Nov 17, 2010
Currently in 2Do, if you use any of their own reminders, actions, or attributes, it stores that meta data in the task notes within each task.

With the new Toodledo API 2.0, however, 3rd party apps that sync with Toodledo like 2Do and Todo will be able to store that data elsewhere so you won't ever have to see it. So you'll have to wait for 2Do to update their app for that stuff to go away, atleast if you want to continue using the proprietary features in it apps like action type, checklist, etc.
SRhyse

Posted Nov 12, 2010 in: Don't delete *Dones* ??
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Nov 12, 2010
Yep. One level of subtasks. Dragging one out makes it a standalone task with the same attributes it had as a subtask.
SRhyse

Posted Nov 12, 2010 in: Task dependencies?
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Nov 12, 2010
Posted by Alan:
Out of curiousity, is there another service out there that has these features, that you will be moving to?

You weren't talking to me, but I know MyLifeOrganized does all that in spades. They've got an iPhone app coming out near the end of this month to go along with their desktop app that'll sync via a cloud service as well, which is why I'm becoming progressively more interested in it for the reasons Technocrap's looking to switch.

It's pretty much Toodledo with an infinitely hierarchical outline view added on that a sorted/filtered/grouped todo list view is generated from, along with project management features like dependency. Still has saved searches and filters that actually seem to work just like Toodledo's too. Worth looking into if you think you'd get something out of that, and are PC based.
SRhyse

Posted Nov 10, 2010 in: Multiple goals for a task
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Nov 10, 2010
Not using the goal feature specifically, no. You can link goals hierarchically from the goals page (short term, long term, life long), but that's about it.

You'd have to use tags for goals if you wanted more than one of anything assigned to a single task.
SRhyse

Posted Nov 07, 2010 in: iPhone & iPad
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Nov 07, 2010
Yep. Both will sync back to the website. And through that, each other. One big happy touch screen family.
SRhyse

Posted Nov 07, 2010 in: Edit subtasks in Multiple Edit option
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Nov 07, 2010
Just changing the name and attributes of the parent task they're already in won't suffice? You can also just duplicate the parent task they're already in with all it's subtasks intact, and edit that duplicate one's parent task if you wanted to keep the original.

Within the webapp, the only way I could think to do that with a long list of subtasks is to export as a spreadsheet, then either-
- Edit that spreadsheet
- Copy out the task names from that spreadsheet, then paste them into the multiple add subtask option recently introduced

In both of those cases, you'd lose the task attributes if they differed from the parent task.

If you sync with an iPhone app that isn't the official Toodledo one, however, things like are pretty easy. In Todo, 2Do or Pocket Informant, you can multiselect things on the fly, then simply move them to a new parent task from a popup list.

This message was edited Nov 07, 2010.
SRhyse

Posted Nov 01, 2010 in: ClockingIt
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Nov 01, 2010
Ya, it's genuinely free, and I thought it was odd to when I found it awhile back since it offers as much or more than most of the competing services. A great webapp if you truly have a need to go the collaborative project management route. Highly recommended.
SRhyse

• SRhyse
  • Posted: Oct 28, 2010
None of the web app mindmapping options would be able to do that to my knowledge, but there are two solid PC/Mac options via download-

Your completely free option is Freemind-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/freemind/files/freemind-unstable/0.9.0_RC10/FreeMind-Windows-Install er-0.9.0_RC_10-max-java-installer-embedded.exe/download

Your free to try option is Mindmanager 9-
http://www.mindjet.com

Using filters that you can make in Freemind or Mindmanager, you can have all your information entered in however you like, then based on either text contained within the 'nodes' or attributes you can custom make and assign to them, only have the ones you'd like be displayed at a time.

Though I have no idea what the part of your message dealing with what you're looking to put into the mindmaps says, you can indeed filter by that info in both programs, a little more intuitively in Freemind. Sorting, on the other hand, might be a bit trickier, but can be done on atleast priority in Mindmanager, if not by time as well.
SRhyse

Posted Oct 24, 2010 in: Pocket Informant ?
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Oct 24, 2010
Pocket Informant on the iPhone is very great in theory, integrating tasks and a calendar in one space. It's an app I really wanna like. In practice, however, all the app has ever consistently done for me is crash.

I got it awhile ago. Every once in awhile there will be an update and everything will get prettier, maybe an extra feature or two that seems worth while. Then I'll perform my usual ritual of getting the update and starting it up again, where upon it fulfills it's role in ritualistically crashing.

I've heard others having better experiences with it, but for me, I've never even gotten to syncing it with my main Toodledo account for fear of it messing it all up and not even staying open long enough to be of any use.

This message was edited Oct 24, 2010.
SRhyse

Posted Sep 25, 2010 in: Timer on Iphone/Ipad
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Sep 25, 2010
Not through any iPhone/iPad app. The closest you can come is navigating to the Toodledo website through the Safari browsers and doing it there.

Too bad, really. I love the feature.
SRhyse

Score: 1
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Sep 23, 2010
  • Score: 1
This is a truly useful update for me.

Thanks!
SRhyse

• SRhyse
  • Posted: Sep 06, 2010
In lieu of more levels of priority, you could try alpha numeric tags, folders, contexts, what have you. 01, 02, on through 99, or 001, 002, on through 999 if you wanted to break the bank with it. Or 1, 2, 2.1, 2.1.2, 2.1.3, etc.

You can do it with naming as well if you used the method described here- https://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/5357/-28563/mindmapping-projects-to-tasks.html

Or have all, as in every single one, of your tasks as subtasks of one parent task, and order everything as you'd like.
SRhyse

Posted Aug 27, 2010 in: Locations, Reverse Sort, and More
Score: 1
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Aug 27, 2010
  • Score: 1
I think a large part of the feelings of disconnect that users getting angry about the 'UI issues being unaddressed' feel towards the people that would actually address them (Toodledo) is that the former are condensing a product wide rebranding on multiple fronts into a two letter abbreviation. The heart of what people are after when they complain about the UI is really an entire gutting and rebranding of Toodledo. Just calling it UI tends to brush all that under the rug.

It's one thing to type UI and be able to talk about it fairly quickly in the abstract. It's quite another to develop and implement what those people are after in a way that scales to a large, customizable feature set targeted at a diverse userbase accessing it through multiple devices and competing services outside of your control, all the while remaining a stable and competitive product under active development in a relatively reactive market.

I can't think of a product or service that wouldn't be 'better' with a 'better UI,' or 'better' anything for that matter, if you keep it as abstract as 'better' without a whole lot of context. I would personally be thrilled if UI improvements were made, even though I kinda like the Toodledo Me Too theme I'm rocking. But if you really start breaking all that down in context with what's involved to actually make it happen, you tend to think about it a bit differently.

I'm glad Toodledo develops their product at all, and kinda disappointed the speed increases they made might be getting overlooked in this update.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next