ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Michael_49"
Michael_49

Score: 2
Psst...wanna buy a Rolex?
Michael_49

Posted Jun 07, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Score: 0
Hey Daniel,
It took me forever to find the support ticket location...and I'm still waiting for a reply (3 days).

Anyway, go to Account Center > Info Center > Resources "Contact Us" > "Create a support ticket" link at the very bottom right

https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php

Good Luck...
Michael_49

Posted Jun 01, 2019 in: Android: Widget & Sub Tasks
I decided to try Toodledo on my Android device. Three Questions:

1) Is there only one widget? Isn't there an icon just to create a default task?

2) What's the easiest way to generate a default task without many taps?

3) How do you expand sub tasks?

Thanks...
Michael_49

Posted May 15, 2019 in: Subtasks and emailing tasks
Hi All,
Here are Toodledo's responses to my questions:

1) What happens to subtasks if I let my subscription lapse? Do they just become tasks? Do they stay in the same folder?
Yes they will just show up like subtasks are inline and in same folder.

2) I just noticed this...Am I reading this correctly? eMailing tasks is NOT in the Standard Subscription? Or is this Grandfathered in?

That's right emailing tasks is in plus subscription. I wont say it is grandfathered in. But you will be able to use it with your current toodledo email, only thing is you won't be able to change the username and settings for folder.

Hope that helps!
Michael_49

Posted May 12, 2019 in: Hiding Future Tasks
TickTick doesn't hide tasks. You have to use "Smart Lists" (I even reached out to their admin team to verify). In my opinion, as soon as I have to rely on filters I'll have another layer of complexity and visual clutter.
Michael_49

Posted May 11, 2019 in: Subtasks and emailing tasks
Two Questions:
1) What happens to subtasks if I let my subscription lapse? Do they just become tasks? Do they stay in the same folder?

2) I just noticed this...Am I reading this correctly? eMailing tasks is NOT in the Standard Subscription? Or is this Grandfathered in?
Michael_49

Posted Apr 13, 2019 in: Sub-Tasks
Score: 1
Same Sub task troubles. Thought I had it fixed yesterday (Friday). Today all parents are expanded again even though the setting is set to "hidden".
Michael_49

Posted Mar 27, 2019 in: Tick Tick; How to hide future tasks
Hello All,
Been really testing Tick Tick to replace Toodledo. However, it gets very cluttered in a hurry since they don't have a "hide future tasks" function and they told me it's not in their plans. So how do you manage all the future tasks? Suggestions or discoveries?
Thanks!
Michael_49

Hey martingchapman...I started using Text Blaze. It really works great! Thanks for the head's up!

This message was edited Feb 17, 2019.
Michael_49

I need a quality, free, text expander app to run on a Windows 10 and Chrome as an extension or separate free app with local install. Any Ideas? Everything I've see pretty complicated or too primitive.

I'm working with some doctors that need it easy and simple. Suggestions?
Michael_49

Here's a different solution for templates....

I have a NOTE called "Templates". Each line item of the list is a separate task in the order I want them to be in. When I need that particular list of tasks, I copy the block of tasks (as text). Then, I create a new Task, choose "add multiple tasks", and paste them there as one block. After that, I can tweak the fields etc.
Michael_49

Posted Jun 13, 2018 in: How to handle projects
Here's how I use it:
>Within a folder i.e "Build Projects", I create a project task that stands out i.e. >>>>>FRONT-END BUILD<<<<<<<
>Then, I create sub-tasks which display under the project task.

Doing it this way gives me the ability to easily click, drag and re-order sub-tasks (see settings for this).
>I can generate many tasks at one time under a specific task using "Add multiple tasks"
>I can also click/drag sub-tasks between project tasks
>My sub-tasks are set up as "hidden". However, one click expands the task list.
>Lastly, I can email tasks to Toodledo and then drag them to the appropriate project task.

For me, the click drag ability is easier that having to change drop-down fields which takes more clicks.

This message was edited Jun 13, 2018.
Michael_49

Posted Feb 12, 2018 in: Subtask Access in Android yet????
Hi, I'm a long time Toodledo user. I searched this but I couldn't get an answer...Is there access to subtasks in the Android Version yet?

I found this from Toodledo Admin 9/9/2015....Subtasks are not full supported yet in the Android app in the ways that you have discovered. We plan to improve this in future updates.

Is it the future yet? Patiently waiting...
Michael_49

Posted Jul 03, 2017 in: Moving lots of tasks to subtask ...
Score: 1
The only way I have ever found to do this is through a 3rd party app called "Ultimate To-do List". Not a very elegant answer to your question. I totally agree there should be a method to independently choose records and move them accordingly.

What I do to get around that lack of functionality is to make Parent Tasks in a single folder called "Today", "This Week", "Soon" and then I can drag child tasks from one parent task to another. I hate clicking on multiple drop down fields to do anything.
Michael_49

Posted Jun 24, 2017 in: Outlook Plug-in a possibility?
I Agree! What I've done to speed the process of sending Outlook emails to Toodledo is to create "Quick Steps" in Outlook. It will automatically send the email to your Toodledo account. You can also build Toodeldo syntax into the subject line (i.e *work !!!)

Just an idea...and another work around...
Michael_49

Posted Jun 22, 2017 in: Task Colors
Score: 3
Thank you Jake for that. I knew about that. I just don't find the brownish gold and blue very appealing....and I've been a Chicago Bears (orange & blue) fan for years. Just like we all like to slice and dice our tasks...some of us would like the flexibility to adjust colors that make sense with us. Thanks for the opportunity to express myself.
Michael_49

Posted Jun 21, 2017 in: Task Colors
I've been holding back until now but I feel I have to speak up regarding task color usage.

When I scan my tasks, I want a way to quickly identify which tasks are most important and which don't require my immediate attention. I need the TEXT COLOR to jump out for me...not the priority adjacent to it to stand out. Currently, the priority is colored with a flag and the text color is less desirable (for me)... I currently use Stylish to do this. I would prefer to have something like this NATIVE to the program. Here's my suggestion regarding TEXT colors based on priority...

Priority:
Top: Red
High: Bright Blue
Med: Bold Black
Low: Black
Neg: what ever color you want

Thanks for allowing me to make this suggestion.
Michael_49

Posted Nov 20, 2016 in: Focus on a project
Taking this one step further...
I tried to create a saved search to single out a parent and all its child tasks. I can get the parent to display but I can't get the children to show up.

Task contains "Project Name"
Has SubTasks = Yes
????
Suggestions?
Michael_49

Posted Nov 16, 2016 in: Saved Searches Examples
Thanks Olivir2015! I've been struggling with "Has Subtasks" instead of "IsSubtask". Something so simple....LOL
Michael_49

Posted Nov 15, 2016 in: Saved Searches Examples
Great ideas...however, none of your examples include subtasks.

Example: I have parent tasks with child tasks "hidden". Please give me the query syntax to search for subtasks in 2 of 4 specific Parent tasks that have the context of XXX” Thx!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next