ForumsNewsToodledo for iOS downgraded

Toodledo for iOS downgraded
fbatot

Posted: Dec 12, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!
Thank you very much for the downgrade on the iPhone app!!!

I'm a huge fan of Toodledo!!
(just not a fan of the iphone upgrade. Brown is just an ugly color for an app)

GO TEAM-TOODLEDO!!!!
hfzp

Score: 3 Reference
Hi,

Apart from the color being a bit bleak and some bug (no-tag filter). I really like 3.0 version (quick-add is important addition to me).

So, I hope the rework version will come out soon and the new features settle down well with everybody. I hold my upgrade until then.

Best wishes to the team. It's the only todo list that support my need currently.

Thanks
Skacel.J

This is the first time I'm on this forum - there wasn't any need until now - this is got to be a great sign, isn't it? but the new update -rather downgrade- foreced me to visit. Why such a odd move? I wanted to leave a comment about how great some of the new functions on ipad are - ie left side bar, instead of going backwards every time, visibility of notes on the right, more things on the screen while still not overwhelming, etc. but little did i know how thought trough upcoming updates you have. I love the idea of themes, this way you'll satisfy everyone. Thumbs up for your team, thanks for such a great product and keep it up.
PS also the thing with rating this app every time you release a new version was new for me, maybe you should write it to setting->about to let people know and have more 5 stars :)
uff, those foreign languages - sorry for any mistakes
HumbleOpinion

Posted: Dec 13, 2012
I prefer the 3.0.0 version. Please don't make be go back to ugly.
AA

Score: 0 Reference
Posted by Steve_1354340810:
I can no longer just click 'Update All' and instead have to select each App to update individually for fear of accidentally reverting to the old Toodledo UI.

This is a fault of iOS design and doesn't apply just to Toodledo. Apple should make it possible to easily downgrade an app (or to revert an upgrade) for anyone who wishes to do so. I had to stop using the Update All button a long time ago, not only because of Toodledo, and I agree it's a nuisance, especially if you have several iOS devices (I have 3 of them).

Apple could improve this from their own end, too. A "lock icon", or something like that, could be added to every app on the upgrade screen, and if you pressed that lock icon, that particular app update would be ignored when you pressed the Update All button. Sadly, I don't think Apple will ever implement this, although it would make perfect sense.

I applaud Toodledo for reverting to the old iOS apps design. I had upgraded to Toodledo 3.0 on my old iPad 1, and the all-grey colour scheme, coupled with the iPad 1's "grainy screen" (at least to Retina-pampered eyes), made it a pain to use. Very punishing on the eyes.

This message was edited Dec 13, 2012.
cj

Score: -1 Reference
Ditto. Thank you!!

Posted by fbatot:
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!
Thank you very much for the downgrade on the iPhone app!!!

I'm a huge fan of Toodledo!!
(just not a fan of the iphone upgrade. Brown is just an ugly color for an app)

GO TEAM-TOODLEDO!!!!
robnuernberg

I use Toodledo in a pretty basic way, so I do not have any comments on many aspects that seem to have irritated users. Initially, I thought the new layout looked drab and bland, but when I downgraded to the old version, that one did not look very different. I like color.

I liked the way the new layout showed tasks by day. It was easy to see exactly how many and which tasks were overdue and due today.

For my purposes, drag-and-drop would be the ultimate improvement.
otterbyte

Score: 2 Reference
As a developer, I know how hard it is when you work on a beautiful new interface and everyone says, "I liked the old way! But know that there are a bunch of us who were really pleased and excited by the new layout. I'm going to hold off on upgrading because I like it so much, I don't want to go back. Looking forward to your next version, too!
jessicapiha

Posted: Dec 14, 2012
Thank goodness that you reverted back! My boyfriend and I really did not like it and are happy to have our old one back. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
jonastidstrom

I have been a Toodledo user for more than three years now.

However, the thing that has been bugging me all of the time is that the user interface is so UGGLY (my taste). Therefore, I was really EXCITED and HAPPY with the new interface.

I am not too worried about bugs introduced by the new interface, as I figure those things are rather quickly fixed in future upgrades...

I definitely want the new design to re-appear! For me, it made planning, prioritization, GTD more PLEASING.
allan_1310296117

Chuckle chuckle. This all reminds me of when Coca Cola Co tried to replace Coke with "New Coke" back in the 80's. There was a tremendous backlash and the move turned out to be one of the all time corporate blunders. They tried to market it as New Coke vs. Classic Coke, but eventually New Coke disappeared.

I am glad "Classic Toodledo" is back, I did not like the "New Toodledo".

Allan
aether

Posted by Purveyor:
Posted by aether:
Please provide two forks of Toodledo as separate apps available in the App Store.
There's still the issue of what to do with features that have been requested for years, e.g. Saved Searches, nested subtasks, full collaboration, and file attachments. Jake said:
These four features are at the top of the list and as soon as we get the bugs worked out we will release them to you.
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/16121/-76747/read.html

In which version should these features be implemented?
Seems to me that the next version should combine the best of both previous versions and then the new features can start to be implemented.

Good question. The "Classic" version is the "state of art", and should receive only bugfixes, only a very limited amount of effort put into it. Whereas the other so-called "Avanced" version can be used to enhance the features of the app, e.g. themes integration, other sort of user interaction, another way of displaying information.

From a salesman point of view, you would generate more income providing two versions while avoiding frustrating user experience. There are evidently more than one user target groups.

Providing only one app will cause more problems an will have negative effect to the sales income. Also it's not very clear to differentiate the different user needs. I can imagine, some of future "apple usability" users will be disappointed and write a bad review, thus lowering the rating. From experiences, there are fewer good reviews of happy customers.

Providing two versions will avoid these troubles, generate more income, help to differentiate the need and criticism of the two "layout" user groups, and will help to focus the development on the advanced app.
Joyce

As much as I prefer the Classic layout I do believe that they could get over the issues with the grey version by first, catching all the known bugs and fixing them and second by introducing more user controls so that people who want more background/text contrast can adjust that, people who don't want a grey background can turn it green or purple or?

But...loose the triangle thing for priority. Or at least make it an option.

If all this means more cost you may have to put it behind a paywall...but I hope I haven't done myself in here! LOL!
M_ichel

Posted: Dec 15, 2012
Posted by Joyce:
... and second by introducing more user controls so that people who want more background/text contrast can adjust that, people who don't want a grey background can turn it green or purple or?

+1, enthusiastically!

But...loose the triangle thing for priority. Or at least make it an option.

Yeah!
alene23

I LOVED the new version because it made navigating and sorting through my huge task lists so much easier. I was carefully avoiding upgrading until today when I accidentally hit the upgrade button while selecting other apps to upgrade. NOOOOOOO! I wish there was a way to get the "new" version back. I hope you can work out the kinks soon.

I think when you switch UIs you hear more from the people who don't like change than you do from people who do like it, and that may skew your perception of the overall. I for one am dearly hoping the layout features of the new version return soon.

Keep up the good work!
daniel_h

I also am one who LIKED the upgrade and am AVOIDING downgrading. I understand that the colors are not great. However, I paid attention to Jake's comments that the new version had all of the building blocks to make it easier to add enhancements (like color changes, other requested features) in the future. I, personally, like the new navigation and the hope for quicker feature enhancements! I hope that we as a group have not just doubled Toodeldo's programming work and made it harder for feature enhancements in the future.

Just my $.02...
matanln

I also liked the new interface.
However, i did notice that it was quite a bit slower on my iPhone 4.
I downgraded but i won't mind having the newer if it has better performance.
TimAbb

Posted: Dec 16, 2012
Another vote for the upgrade - I really liked the new interface and am avoiding updating the app now as I don't want to revert. Have never posted here before but feel strongly enough to do so. Appreciate that no major redesign will please everyone.

Standouts with the new version are the ease of which I can see my different views, the fact that I can just hit 'hotlist' to reload the hotlist after I've made changes and the ability to quickly create new tasks one after the other.

And a suggestion: More colours would be nice, eg different colours for each folder.
Kurt

Posted: Dec 16, 2012
THANK YOU for reverting to the older design. Love the larger, cleaner buttons and formatting. ToodleDo on the iPhone is one of the biggest reasons I use ToodleDo. I'm sure it was not fun to revert after spending lots of time on the new design, but I really appreciate getting the old design back.

Obviously understand that others feel differently (prefer the newer design)... any chance you could create two separate products?

Thanks again
JimLa

Posted: Dec 17, 2012
I have used the Toodledo IOS app and website for the past year and it is great! The large font size for tasks in version 3.0 was fine for me. However the font size on notes was too small. Version 2.x was better because I could select "bigger fonts". Can you continue to provide a font size selection for us "older folks"?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.