ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by martingchapman"
martingchapman

Score: 0
In the UK the clocks went back 1 hour at 2am on Sunday.
Since then I have noticed two problems with notifications.

1. Gmail notifications are all occurring 1 hour earlier than the set time.
2. Notifications on my Android Phone and Tablet have stopped altogether (maybe due to problem 1),

This is a long standing bug in Toodledo which the previous owners (Arun & co) thought they had fixed.

Anyone else noticed this?

UPDATE
Think I have found the problem.
Reading through the help docs it mentions manually setting the time in your account as the TD servers sometimes have issues automatically updating the time when set to Auto.
My account time was 1 hour slow, have manually corrected it and Gmail notifications are at the correct time now and Android notifications have come back.

Will leave this post here in case anyone else has the same problem.

This message was edited Nov 02, 2021.
martingchapman

Posted Oct 26, 2021 in: Timestamp
Score: 1
I assume you are using Windows.
If so try AutoHotkey here: https://www.autohotkey.com/
This is a free application that you download and install.
You then use it to create a script that enters the date and then create a keyboard shortcut that points to where the script is saved.
There's plenty of guidance and help on their website.
martingchapman

I upgraded to a Standard Subscription 10 days ago - no problem.
martingchapman

Posted Oct 25, 2021 in: Chrome Extension
PamelaH,
That's great news, and thanks for listening and replying.
Bodes very well for the future.
martingchapman

Posted Oct 25, 2021 in: Chrome Extension
Toby,
re - Launching the extension;

In Chrome
Left click on the extension icon (a blue tick with an orange circle with a plus sign in it) which should be in the extension bar (between the search bar and your avatar, top right of the page), this will launch the extension as a pop up form.
To change the extension settings or reward the developer with a micro payment right click on the icon.
If you don't see the icon there then you need to pin it to the extension bar, see instructions here - https://www.groovypost.com/howto/pin-extensions-on-the-chrome-toolbar/

In GMail
Open the email you want to create a task from and at the top (in with all the GMail icons) you should see a blue tick with the words *Add to Toodledo" next to it, click here to launch the extension in a pop up form. There should also be a circle icon with a plus sign in it, if you click this it will add the email to Toodledo using the extensions default settings

HTH
martingchapman

Posted Oct 24, 2021 in: Chrome Extension
Chrome and Gmail extensions are essential for any task manager as a way of easily and quickly adding tasks.
They must also have the ability to set all task parameters from the extension interface.

Toby,
I am using the "Add to Toodledo" extension which can be found in the Chrome Web Store here:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/add-to-toodledo/hdmhiihcenipfdlmkdlhmgijjimlpkim
Version
Updated
16 June 2021
Size
230KiB
It works very well and as you can see was last updated 16 June 2021.

PamelaH,
Although the above extension works very well, it could one day disappear so it is essential that you add a Gmail/Chrome extension into your plans so that you have it developed and in place long term in case this happens.

BTW
I have had an account since October 2010 but when Jake first sold the business, along with many others, I quickly lost faith in the new owners and moved to the Dark Side (Remember the Milk) as this service was still being developed and supported.
However I maintained a free account with Toodledo (was Silver) and kept a watch on the forums (until they disappeared!).

Looking at your plans so far with Toodledo has given me hope that the service will continue to be supported and improved, so I have taken out a Standard subscription (to help support you) and started using Toodledo again as my Task manager.

I would reiterate what many others have said that the main attraction of Toodledo is the simple (spreadsheet like) web interface that shows as many tasks as possible with all their relevant parameters fully visible all the time.
Please do not change this principle, fancy/colourful interfaces are all very well but nothing beats the current Toodledo layout (and I have tried very many of the competitors)
By all means improve the mobile apps (they need it) and continue to develop new features but listen to your loyal user base and keep the principle format the same.

Looking forward to another 11-plus years of service from the best Task Manager service around.
martingchapman

Posted Jul 01, 2019 in: Two Factor Authentification
It looks as if this is now only available to Business Subscribers.
Have a look at this help topic
https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#168
martingchapman

From the normal view tap ? and it will pop up a list of all the keyboard shortcuts
martingchapman

Posted Mar 13, 2019 in: Colors for Tags
Go to Organise - Tags
For each tag there is a square box to the left of the trash can.
Click in this box and it will display a colour palette you can choose from.
Don't forget to click "save changes"
martingchapman

Posted by Michael_49:
Hey martingchapman...I started using Text Blaze. It really works great! Thanks for the head's up!

You're welcome
martingchapman

I use "Text Blaze", can be as simple or as complex as you wish.
martingchapman

Posted Dec 24, 2018 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Score: 3
Posted by tanichka13:

Clicking the checkbox for a task in RTM doesn't mark it completed (it selects the task, and then you need to click the "check" at the top).

People are complaining that you need multiple clicks to reschedule overdue events, and yet it's acceptable that you need to click TWICE to mark a task completed?

They almost had me, but that's just idiotic.

In RTM having selected one or many tasks to complete you can just press the "c" key (keyboard shortcut) to complete them.
With TD you complete each task by selecting it, but you then need to "refresh" the page ("r" keyboard shortcut) to make those tasks disappear.

Having used both systems, on and off for many years, I don't find either way better or worse, just different.
martingchapman

Posted Dec 06, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: November 2018
In the absence of any official reply from TD this is what I have found.

In the settings you will see "Overdue Tasks Alert" which you can enable or disable.
I have had a play with this and it appears to pop up an alert once a day telling you how many overdue tasks you have and giving you the option to ignore it or change the date on all of them to today.

May be wrong but this is what it appears to do.
martingchapman

Posted Nov 14, 2018 in: How to uncollapse fields
Posted by degz:
Confused!

Where to I enter the commands mentioned ?

I want to collapse all the notes associated with a task - for some reason they are all open. This has only been happening recently.

@degz
I am assuming you are using Windows, in which case you just enter the command letter "w" on your keyboard (its a keyboard shortcut).

If you enter a question mark "?" on the keyboard a list of all the keyboard shortcuts will pop up.

To toggle the task notes field of all your visible tasks open/closed enter the keyboard shortcut "z".

Or as @pawelkaleta suggested use the right menu to Hide Task Details (once you get to know them, keyboard shortcuts are quicker).
martingchapman

Posted Nov 12, 2018 in: How to uncollapse fields
Score: -1
Do you mean you have closed up the task dividers so you can only see them?
If so use the keyboard shortcut "w" to open/close the dividers.

You can enter a question mark "?" to show/hide a list of all the keyboard shortcuts.

This message was edited Nov 12, 2018.
martingchapman

Had a notification this morning that was an hour out again.
Checked the time in my account and it was an hour out.
Selected "Auto" and the time on my account is now correct.(because of a similar problem when the clocks changed I had un-ticked "Auto" and set the time manually).

Maybe TD have also been working on this problem and it is now fixed as well.
martingchapman

Had two tasks due this morning, only received one notification for each one, so looks like this is fixed.

Well done the new TD Team.
martingchapman

Had this response from Support;
"Thanks for the bug report. We have verified it and working on it to fix this bug asap. We will update everyone in the forums when it is fixed."

Just have to wait until it is fixed.
martingchapman

My reminders were also wrong by an hour.
When I checked the time setting in my account after the time change I found although it was set to "auto", TD had not changed it to UK time, it was an hour out.
I un-ticked "auto" and manually set the time and since then my reminders have been on time.

I have also been receiving duplicate notifications, since Saturday 08.00 on 27/10 (the clocks changed in the UK at 02.00 on Sunday 28/10).
I have created a support ticket with a screen shot of my notifications, so hopefully TD will be able to sort this out.
martingchapman

Posted Nov 02, 2018 in: Want to come back to Toodledo but.....
Score: 2
3. Gmail integration - is there a way I can take an e-mail in Gmail and turn it into a task?

I use the "Add to toodledo" Chrome extension.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/add-to-toodledo/hdmhiihcenipfdlmkdlhmgijjimlpkim?hl=en
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next