ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by martingchapman"
martingchapman

Score: 1
Is "Save sort preferences on a per-list basis" available on Android?

If YES, how do you do it as I cant find any reference to this option in the App?

If NO and its not already on the development list, can you add it please.
martingchapman

Posted Apr 24, 2018 in: Hotlist
Score: 1
Posted by Olivir2018:
Best way to create a custom hot list is saved search. I actually spend all my time in the Search view, as the others do not offer me anything I need and cannot create in Saved search view (no, I don't need calendar view).

Same here, the only views I use are saved searches.
martingchapman

Score: 0
Thanks Jake, I guessed that was the purpose, will give it a try.
martingchapman

Posted Apr 12, 2018 in: Android task notes - web links not live
Thanks Jake, appreciate the update.
martingchapman

Posted Apr 11, 2018 in: Where's my task?
Is it working now, sometimes it can take a while for the Toodledo servers to catch up after you have made changes.

Otherwise the only thing I can suggest is have you assigned it to someone else, as I notice in all your screenshots they show "Brian Matlock_13438" in the header.
martingchapman

Works ok for me, I am using Chrome on Win 10 what browser are you using, are you using Windows or Mac?

Try this:
Select "All Tasks" (expand the left hand menu, select the tick symbol then "All Tasks"}
Select the magnifying glass symbol, top right
Select "Advanced Search" top right

In the Advanced Search parameters box that appears on the left;
Select - Match "All" of the following criteria
In the first (default) rule - leave Checked Off as "No"
In the second rule - select "Due Date" and "doesn't exist"
Select "Search"

When I do this it finds all my tasks that do not have a Due Date and are not completed.

Hope this helps - Martin.
martingchapman

Posted Apr 10, 2018 in: Android task notes - web links not live
In Chrome, if I add a web link into the notes of a task the link is resolved and becomes live so I can click it to visit the web page.

In the Android App (V 6.6.5 (161)) although the link is in the note, it is not resolved so is not live.

I am sure this used to be the case with the Android App but also pretty sure it had been resolved in a later release.

Should links in task notes be live in the Android App?

Had a bit of time to look through the forum and noticed this was mentioned back in March this year and Jake replied that they are working on it.

I guess I will just have to wait for a solution to be released.

This message was edited Apr 10, 2018.
martingchapman

Problem solved
Although I had gone through the settings (as in your link) I had not ticked the "Alarm" tickbox (my error).

However
The Android settings your link shows are valid for Android 5 (and possibly 6 and 7) but are not correct for Android 8 (the App settings are the same for all versions of Android as you would expect).

In the App the option to "show a permanent notification for overdue tasks" works, but in Android 8 the option to "show a permanent notification for quickly adding a task" does not do anything.
Also in Android 8, changing the "Notification Ringtone" in the App does not do anything, you have to go into the Toodledo Android 8 Notification settings to change the Notification Ringtone which seems to overrule the App setting (although it does not change the App setting).

Additionally, in the Toodledo Android 8 Notification settings there is an option called "Toodledo Persistent", can you explain what this should do please.

A Suggestion;
Would it be possible to either;
Clear a notification when you mark the task complete in Toodledo, or Preferably;
Add a "complete" link to the notification that you can access by swiping down the notification on the lock screen, so that when you click this "complete" link it completes the task in Toodledo and clears the notification.
Your competitor Remember the Milk Android App does this and it is an incredibly efficient way to work, when you complete a task that you have been notified about you can complete the task in Toodledo and clear the notification all from the lock screen on your phone, you don't need to unlock the phone and open Toodledo.
martingchapman

Have set up a couple of tasks with due dates and times.
Have enabled notifications on tasks (1 hour before as only have free account at the moment)

When the notification time comes I get an email notification but nothing on my Android phone.
Phone is Samsung Galaxy S8 running Android 8.0.0

Have gone through enabling notifications on phone all looks to be ok.

Any suggestions?

Thanks - Martin.
martingchapman

Posted May 06, 2016 in: "Lightarrow?"
The "Add to Toodledo" Chrome extension definitely works, in fact the designer has just updated it.

Not used the Toodledo Bookmarklet for some time so don't know about that.
martingchapman

Posted May 06, 2016 in: Add to Toodledo - Chrome Web Store
Posted by atu.hira:
Update: ver 1.1.4

Add to Toodledo - Chrome Web Store
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/add-to-toodledo/hdmhiihcenipfdlmkdlhmgijjimlpkim

New Features:

- Minor improvements have been implemented with the version 1.1.4 release :
The dialogue that appears in the pop-up when you press the "Edit Task" button to always open when you press the main page "Add to Toodledo" button.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks so much for doing this - much appreciated.
martingchapman

Posted May 04, 2016 in: "Lightarrow?"
To link GMail to Toodledo you can use the Toodledo Bookmarklet
http://beta.toodledo.com/tools/bookmarklet.php

Or better still the Chrome extension "Add to Toodledo"
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/add-to-toodledo/hdmhiihcenipfdlmkdlhmgijjimlpkim?hl=en

Regards - Martin.
martingchapman

Happy I found this thread as I have started using subtasks on Android a lot and was about to report this problem.

If you need beta testers for the new version of Android then I would be happy to help.

I currently use the following Android devices.
Motorola Moto G 3rd Generation phone
LG G4 phone
Google Nexus 10 tablet
Tesco Hudl (sic) tablet

This message was edited Mar 31, 2016.
martingchapman

Posted Mar 28, 2016 in: Links in Notes
Posted by Billy Young:
It would be nice if links in the task notes would open in a new tab by default. It is inconvenient to lose my place in toodledo when I click on a link in the notes. I understand that I can right-click on the link and force it to open in a new tab/window, but it would be nice if that was the default for hyperlinks in toodledo.

Toodledo is great. Thanks.

+1 from me.
martingchapman

Posted Mar 28, 2016 in: Add to Toodledo - Chrome Web Store
Posted by martingchapman:
Thank you so much for this Extension, it is what Toodledo has been missing ever since GMail came out.

One suggestion, specifically for the GMail integration, as you have now added the "+" button to directly add a task to Toodledo using the defaults, would it be possible for the dialogue that appears in the pop-up when you press the "Edit Task" button to always open when you press the main page "Add to Toodledo" button.

When adding a task from a GMail, if I use the main "Add to Toodledo" button rather than the "+" button it is because I want to modify the task parameters before adding to Toodledo so I always need the "Edit Task" dialogue to open when I press the main "Add to Toodledo" button.

I know it is only a small thing but having to press the "Edit Task" button every time is an unnecessary step when adding a task.

I can see you still need the "Edit Task" button when adding a task from a web page as there is no "+" button in that case.

Thanks again for this great extension, if I can sort out the other features I need from Toodledo and move over from my current task manager to make Toodledo my every day task manager, then I will happily make a donation to reward your excellent work.

Decided to move back to Toodledo, purely because of this feature, so I have made a donation.

Jake should make you an offer for this code as it is an essential requirement for any Task Manager, not just Toodledo.

Thanks again.
martingchapman

Thanks Jake,
Will hold off on the Gold Subscription till attachments are available in Android as this is the only extra feature I need.
martingchapman

Jake,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I like the idea of linking a List/Outline to a task with the paper clip icon (as on the web) and this is the functionality I am looking for in the Android app (given that both Lists and Outlines are now available in the app).

I am not really interested in accessing attached files so your suggestion is not a very practical one for my scenario, although it would of course work for Lists and Outlines as well as files.

An easier current solution for my scenario is to just open the List or Outline from within the app, but this means selecting the List or Outline section in the app and then finding the required item.

It would be so much better to have the paper clip icon available on the task in the app to directly open the linked item within the app.

Are you intending to bring this functionality to the app in a future development?
martingchapman

In the Android app, is it possible to link a List or an Outline to a task as an attachment, in the way you can do it on the web.

I don't want to upgrade to a Gold subscription only to find the attach a List/Outline feature is not available on Android.

Regards.
martingchapman

Posted Mar 23, 2016 in: Add to Toodledo - Chrome Web Store
Thank you so much for this Extension, it is what Toodledo has been missing ever since GMail came out.

One suggestion, specifically for the GMail integration, as you have now added the "+" button to directly add a task to Toodledo using the defaults, would it be possible for the dialogue that appears in the pop-up when you press the "Edit Task" button to always open when you press the main page "Add to Toodledo" button.

When adding a task from a GMail, if I use the main "Add to Toodledo" button rather than the "+" button it is because I want to modify the task parameters before adding to Toodledo so I always need the "Edit Task" dialogue to open when I press the main "Add to Toodledo" button.

I know it is only a small thing but having to press the "Edit Task" button every time is an unnecessary step when adding a task.

I can see you still need the "Edit Task" button when adding a task from a web page as there is no "+" button in that case.

Thanks again for this great extension, if I can sort out the other features I need from Toodledo and move over from my current task manager to make Toodledo my every day task manager, then I will happily make a donation to reward your excellent work.
martingchapman

Posted Jan 13, 2015 in: Bookmarklet won't work with Gmail??
Geoff Peters has posted this reply in another thread;

Hi, I am a software developer (not affiliated with Toodledo) and I am a user of Toodledo and the Bookmarklet, which I use extensively with Gmail.

I was very frustrated with the fact that the bookmarklet no longer worked with Google's new security, so I wrote my own Bookmarklet that does pretty much the same thing. It works with Google Chrome, Toodledo, and Gmail.

Here is the link to my version of the Bookmarklet. Would appreciate feedback/suggestions.

http://geoffmobile.com/blog/contact/new-toodledo-bookmarklet

Thanks!
Geoff
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next