ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by martingchapman"
martingchapman

Posted Jan 13, 2015 in: Bookmarklet no longer works with Gmail
Score: 0
Geoff,
Thanks for doing this, it works fine for me.

Regards - Martin.

This message was edited Jan 13, 2015.
martingchapman

Geoff,
Thanks for doing this, it works fine for me.

Regards - Martin.
martingchapman

Posted Jan 08, 2015 in: Bookmarklet won't work with Gmail??
Google have blocked the Toodledo Bookmarklet and stopped it working in Gmail.
I have raised this as an issue and Toodledo have replied that they can not find a way around it.
They stated they are working on a plugin for Gmail but no commitment as to when it will be available.

For any Gmail users who (like myself) cannot be without the ability to easily convert gmails to tasks I suggest you take a look at GQueues which has very good Gmail and Gdrive integration.
martingchapman

Posted Jan 02, 2015 in: Bookmarklet no longer works with Gmail
Google have blocked the Toodledo Bookmarklet and stopped it working in Gmail.
I have raised this as an issue and Toodledo have replied that they can not find a way around it.
They stated they are working on a plugin for Gmail but no commitment as to when it will be available.

For any Gmail users who (like myself) cannot be without the ability to easily convert gmails to tasks I suggest you take a look at GQueues which has very good Gmail and Gdrive integration.
martingchapman

Jake,
Thanks for the explanation, I now appreciate the difference with Extensions and Bookmarklets and why Toodledo has stopped working in GMail.
If it is difficult or not possible to do with a bookmarklet could you look into copying the way it works in GQueues with a Chrome extension that adds a "Create Task" button directly into GMail (Todoist has a similar extension).
The GQueues extension is really neat and works very well, if you could follow their example Toodledo would (IMHO) become the most powerful Task Manager around, especially for GMail users.

Thanks again for a great service and Compliments of the Season to all at Toodledo - Martin.
martingchapman

That is a great shame as easily converting gmails to Toodledo tasks was one of my most used features.

For info, the Evernote clipper still works on gmails to create an Evernote note from a gmail.
The note also include a link back to the original gmail.

So Evernote have a way of still working on gmail, perhaps you could investigate how they do it.

The link you gave talks about the new Google Content Security Policy (CSP) and goes onto say "According to Google most popular extensions have already been updated to work alongside CSP just fine",
So it looks as if it can be done.

Please can you take another look and try to fix this as it is a very, very useful extension.

Martin.
martingchapman

Win 8.1 Chrome Browser.
When try to add task to Toodledo from Gmail using Toodledo Bookmarklet nothing happens.

Bookmarklet works fine on other pages but not Gmail.
Worked ok on Gmail until today.

Martin.

This message was edited Dec 21, 2014.
martingchapman

Posted Dec 10, 2013 in: Open Links in New Page
For Firefox users there is the "Right Links" Addon at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/right-links/?src=api
A very useful addon that, amongst other things, lets you do a long left click to open in a new window.

Chris,
Thanks for the tip regards the middle button, did not know about this, works a treat in Firefox.

Regards - Martin.
martingchapman

Posted Nov 12, 2013 in: Default View not taking effect
Sorted,

It was the shortcut I was using.
Have changed this to www.toodledo.com and now the default view works ok.
Should have searched this forum before posting, sorry if I have wasted anyones time.
martingchapman

Posted Nov 12, 2013 in: Default View not taking effect
I have set the default view as Search but when ever I open the Toodledo web interface it opens at "Context" - "Computer".
I am expecting it to open at "Search" or am I misunderstanding the default view function?

Running Windows 8.1 and Firefox V25.0 both all up to date with any updates.
I have set Firefox options to clear the cache on exit.

Any ideas?

This message was edited Nov 12, 2013.
martingchapman

Posted Sep 19, 2013 in: New Section: Lists
Score: 9
There are lots of programs that have been developed over the years but then the developers move on and loose interest in a mature product.
So it is great to see the continued development of Toodledo, and I really hope it continues apace (even if the additions are things that do not appear to be high on the list of requests from users but more Jake's priorities).

However, Android users are now falling far behind the Web and IOS users in the features that are available.
I am not going to open up the "we want an Android app" discussion again (even though I do want one), it is clear Jake applies absolutely no priority to this request at all and it is unlikely to happen in my lifetime.
His argument that the Mobile site is the way forward for Android users was appropriate before the introduction of Outlines and Lists but as neither of these additional features are available in the Mobile site this argument is now invalid.
Also, until the API is updated to include Outlines and Lists the third party developers are unable to help.

So Jake, please can you make adding Outlines and Lists to the Mobile site, and also to the API a priority.

I have been a Toodledo user for many, many years and have been very pleased with its continued development and stability but having recently switched to an Android phone I am now feeling very much the poor relation.

Martin

This message was edited Sep 19, 2013.
martingchapman

Score: 2
Posted by Jake:
If you don't want to purchase a Plus subscription but still want to link an outline to a task, you can copy and paste the Outline's URL into the note of the task.

Also, you can use the Bookmarklet to easily create a task from the Outline.

However, in common with other comments on the Outline feature I would find it much more useful to link an Outline node to a task.
In this way I could create an Outline for a Project, with all the required actions clearly listed and indented as necessary, and then have the Projects "Next Action" node(s) link to real task(s) with start/due dates, contexts etc.
When a task (action) is completed and I tick it off, it should also tick off the Outline node.
When I review my Projects I go back to the Outline, decide the next "Next Action(s)" and link these to task(s).
Keep doing this until all Outline nodes are ticked off and the Project is completed.

I think this would make Outlines really powerful because you could easily define all the actions for a Project with unlimited levels of indenting in an Outline, the whole Project (Outline) would be clearly and easily visible and you could assign "Next Actions" as appropriate.
Only the "Next Actions" will appear on your task lists, keeping them clean but making it easy to see what needs to be done next.

Martin.
martingchapman

Posted May 01, 2013 in: Android sync
If you have not resolved this (and you have not already tried this) you could check that you have set up the PI Toodledo Account on your Android Device.
Go to Settings, Accounts and if the PI Toodledo account is not there click the Add Account and enable it.

Also be aware you may need to download and install the PI Lost Accounts Fix app from the Google Play Store.

Martin.
martingchapman

Posted Apr 02, 2013 in: wierd warning in chrome browser
Score: 1
@sak
Thanks very much for the tip, adding Toodledo to the Exclude list in Feedly has cleared the warning.
martingchapman

I would find it really useful to be able to set this to 1 day as a minimum.
martingchapman

Posted Mar 28, 2013 in: wierd warning in chrome browser
Jake,
Thanks for the feedback.

I disabled the Feedly Chrome extension and the warning went away, re-enabled it and the warning came back so in my case it is coming from Feedly.

I don't store any private data in Toodledo so not too worried, but thanks for the warning.
martingchapman

Posted Mar 28, 2013 in: wierd warning in chrome browser
I have noticed the same warning today, not seen it before. On my work laptop and home PC.
Both latest version of Chrome and Windows 7.

I did enable Feedly RSS feed reader today on both PC's, could that be the cause?
PC are clean as far as I can tell.

This message was edited Mar 28, 2013.
martingchapman

Posted Mar 13, 2013 in: repeat - 1st of each month
CharleneTX,
I use MYN and have the same problem; I don’t think Michael Linenberger considered TD repeating tasks when he advocated changing the Start date as part of the “defer to do” process, unless it is mentioned in the MYN/Toodledo training videos (which I have not purchased).

My solution is to use the Due date field, not as a Due date (because tasks in MYN do not have a Due date) but as a "Repeat" place holder date. The Due date tells me when the task is due to Repeat, not when it is Due to be done.

How I use this is as follows;
For every repeating task I set the Start Date to be when I initially intend to start work on the task (normal MYN practice) and set the repeat interval as normal, but I also set the Due date (my Repeat date) to be the same as the Start date.
With the standard MYN settings (Future Tasks hidden) the task will appear on the given Start date as normal and if I can do it on that day I will, then I close the task.
When I close the task, TD will create a copy incrementing the Start date and Due dates together by the set repeat interval, so that the task appears again in due course on the Start date.
However, if I can’t/don’t complete it on the set Start date, I change the Start date to when I think I will be able to do it (as per normal MYN "defer to do” practice) but I leave the Due date as originally set (Repeat date).
What happens then is TD will hide the task until the Start date comes around, when it will appear again. I can then either do it, or "defer to do" again by changing the Start date, this process can be repeated, until I eventually complete the task.
Once I have completed the task I change the Start date back to match the Due date (which has never changed but will now be highlighted in red as it is before the Start date) and close the task.
TD will again copy the task and increment the Start date and Due date by the repeat interval as normal, and it will reappear on the set Start date as it should.

The advantage of this approach is that you can "defer to do" repeat tasks as many times as you want, in the same way you would non repeat tasks, but you never lose the original Start date (because it is recorded in the Due date field, my Repeat date). Also. if you have invoked the MYN settings for TD the secondary sort will be on “Start date/Reverse” so the list will still follow the MYN “Fresh Prioritisation” practise, and tasks that you have “Deferred to Do” will still appear at the top of the list on the selected date.

The disadvantage is that once you have deferred a task by changing the Start date, you must change the Start date back to match the Due date before you close the task (this does not apply to repeat tasks you close when you have not changed the Start date of course). If you do not change the Start date to equal the Due date, when TD clones the task it will increment the Start date and Due date by the same repeat interval and the task will be hidden until the (now incorrect) Start date comes around.
However if the Due date is now before the Start date it will be highlighted in red (even if they are both before the current date) and this should prompt you to change the Start date to equal the Due date before you close the task.

The only changes you need to make to the pre-set MYN settings is to add the Due date field to your views, and set the Due date of all repeating tasks to, initially, be the same as the Start date.

It would be really great if TD checked when you closed a repeating task, and if the Start date is after the Due date it automatically changed the Start date to equal the Due date in the new cloned task (the dates should stay the same in the closed task for historical reasons). This would dispense with the need to manually reset the previously changed Start date before you close the task.
Although there may be one, I can’t think of an instance when you would want a task to repeat with the Start date set as being after the Due date however, to prevent upsetting anyone who does need this existing functionality, this feature could become effective only when you enable the MYN option

Jake,
Would you consider adding a feature such that when you close a repeating task, TD will automatically change the Start date to equal the Due date on the new task, but only if the Start date is greater than the Due date on the task you are closing?
Either make this a system option, or automatically enable it if using the MYN settings.

IMHO, with this feature added Toodledo would be the ideal tool for MYN.

Martin.
martingchapman

Toodledo have now produced a bookmarklet that works in Chrome/Firefox and probably all other browsers to add a task from a web page and automatically insert the url of the page in the task note.

See this announcement for details;
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/15405/0/add-a-task-from-anywhere-with-our-bookmarklet.html

Thanks Toodledo this is fantastic!
martingchapman

This is fantastic, a welcome addition for all GMail users because the url of the GMail thread is automatically placed in the note of the task.

I use(d) Firefox because there ia an addon for adding a task that automatically contains the url of the page, but my company are committed to GApps and this means I can go back to using Chrome and have my GMail/Calendar available off-line.

Thank you so much for this - Martin.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next