ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by martingchapman"
martingchapman

Score: 2
Toodledo Team,
Apologies for my earlier mistake, this is what comes of replying when you are in a hurry.

Of course my post should read -
"A BIG THANK YOU to the TOODLEDO TEAM for including this update.

Regards - Martin.
martingchapman

Score: 0
The Collaboration update on 02/07/12 also included the fix for this problem.

Evernote note links now work in Toodledo tasks.

A BIG THANK YOU to the Evernote team for including this update.

Regards - Martin.
martingchapman

Posted Jun 13, 2012 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Isn't it funny how what suites and appeals to one person is a real turn off for another.

I love the new layout of Toodledo, it is clear, easy to read and very configurable.
ricardo complains that it is dated with "everything squished together without any room to breathe" but this "compact view" is one of the main things I like.
It allows me to see lots more information on the screen without having to scroll about (and I have a 1680 x 1050 screen).
If you want a modern layout and lots of space then take a look at GQueues, but I really dislike their layout which (IMHO) looks toy like with too much wasted space.

recardo, I am not having a go at your post, your comments are very valid from your point of view, the layout does not suite you personally so you are off to find a program that does.
For me the current TD interface is just perfect and would hate for them to change it.

Martin.

This message was edited Jun 13, 2012.
martingchapman

Simon,
Thanks for chipping in.

From other posts on this forum it appears that Toodledo is in fact one person by the name of Jake.
This would explain the "canned responses" to many posts, including my requests for GMail integration.
I only read the posts that interest me, I can imagine that it would take a long time to not only read but respond to every post, as Jake appears to do.
I suppose I should take heart that the original response to this request was "its on our list to do" but it has now become "Gmail integration is a priority for us" which is not a canned response.

And Simon, yes you are right, I have also tried out most of the competing Task Management programs, but keep coming back to Toodledo as it is so flexible and stable, plus the iOS mobile apps are so good.
Which is what makes the lack of GMail (and Evernote) integration so noticeable, in every other respect Toodledo knocks the socks of the competition.

In the meantime I have started using Firefox (thanks to piyush_soni for the tip) and have found the Toodledo AddOn to be just what I needed, so for the moment problem solved.

Martin.

This message was edited May 22, 2012.
martingchapman

OK, thanks for an honest reply.
Looks as if it wont be soon :-((

Martin.
martingchapman

Toodledo Administrator,
Thanks for the quick reply, appreciated.

Could you expand on your plan.
Are you intending to implement GMail integration in a such a way that the url of the GMmail is automatically included in the task note so that you can easily open and read/reply to the GMail thread directly from the task in TD?
This is a very important requirement for me.

Also, I know you don't like to give out target dates when new features will become available, but I am sure we would all like an idea of the time scales for this.
If I know it is in the next couple of months then I will stick with TD, as the rest of TD is so good it means I can wait a bit longer for this feature.
However, if it is going to be 6 months or more, or you can't/wont give a target time scale, then I can't carry on with TD with no hope of this feature coming soon, so I would have to seriously consider moving to GQ.

You have in the past replied to posts asking for this feature with the comment that is is on your list, it is a priority for you etc, but other (IMHO) less useful features have been added before this one.

I really don't want to have to move to GQ, I really do love TD so even a hint of when we will see GMail integration would be most appreciated.

Thanks again for a great program - Martin.

This message was edited May 16, 2012.
martingchapman

Toodledo Developer(s)
GQueues (one of your competitors) has a bookmarklet that you can copy onto your bookmark bar.
When you click it a small window opens which lets you create a task in GQueues.
The title of the task is the subject of the email, you can change this.
There is a notes dialogue box where you can add notes, but also the url of the page you are on when you click the bookmark (including an open GMail) is automatically pasted into the note - HURRAH!!!
Tasks are automatically added to the INBOX queue or you can select which queue you want it added to.
You can also add a date and time for the task by using key characters in the title of the task.

This is exactly what I need Toodledo to do, to square the circle with GMail and make TD the best task management application ever.
It would mean that from a task, I can click on the link in the notes and go directly to the email conversation that the task was created from.

The fact that it works so well in GQueues proves that it can be done.
Please, Please can you look at replicating this for TD.

I can send you the text of the bookmark for you to study if it would help.

I am SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING SWITCHING TO GQUEUES if this functionality is not included in TD soon, which is a real shame as I really like TD, am a paying Pro subscriber and have used TD for some time.

From recent developments to TD (Facebook integration/Stats/Graphs) you clearly have different developement priorities to myself (a committed GMail/MYN user) but also from these forums there are many other users of TD who would appreciate full GMail integration.

Regards - Martin.

This message was edited May 15, 2012.
martingchapman

Posted May 03, 2012 in: Fancy interactive graphs
Posted by pjlewis:
Well done. Looks fancy. Of little real use in getting things done (IMHO).

I love Toodledo. I really do. But sometimes it's difficult to understand the priorities in the workstack.

Pj has hit the nail right on the head, I agree completely.

Martin.
martingchapman

Posted Apr 12, 2012 in: Facebook and Twitter Integration
greginfla;

Great suggestion, we all think we know what is important (including Toodledo developers) but we all have different priorities.

Allowing Pro users (of which I am one) to vote on the priorities would give some direction to the developers on what their (paying) customers really want, surely this is a win for both Toodledo and its supporters?

Thanks for adding this suggestion to the debate.

For anyone else following this thread, please don't let it develop into a discussion on whether Pro subscription is worth having.
You pay your money and you take your choice!
martingchapman

Posted Mar 09, 2012 in: Facebook and Twitter Integration
Score: 1
Purveyor,
Not quite sure how to take your post, so I am going to ignore it.
I would rather this thread was not hijacked into something personal, it is far to important.
This is just to let you know I have read it.

Martin.
martingchapman

Posted Mar 09, 2012 in: Facebook and Twitter Integration
MCO,
Like me, you are entitled to your opinion.

I use GMail for work and personal mail.
I use Toodledo for work and personal tasks.
I follow MYN principles to manage GMails and Tasks.

I am looking for a simple "one click" way to create a task from a GMail that puts the title of the GMail as the subject of the task and the url of the GMail thread in the note of the task.
In this way I will have the task in Toodledo with easy access to the GMail thread, so I can see any replies to the GMail.

I dont believe that the way I use GMail and Toodledo together to manage my work/life is rare or indeed unique.

A similar type of integration (but not exactly as I describe) between GMail and Tasks is available with other Task Management systems (RTM for one) so I know it can be done.
There are also XML scripts floating around that provide similar functionality.

However, in my opinion Toodledo is far and away the best Task Management system available (especially with its integration with MYN principles) and integration with GMail (for people who use GMail/Toodledo to manage their work/personal life) would make it perfect.

Regards how useful it would be, all I can say is that GMail is growing all the time so the potential audience is expanding rapidly.

Also, I don't see many replies to this thread saying how useful the Facebook/Twitter integration is, in fact the replies appear to say the opposite.

I hope this explains my reasons for posting.

You feel that this feature would "probably not be very useful to a lot of people", I think it would be extremely useful to all GMail/Toodledo users (a base that is growing day by day) and I am sure it would become a strong USP for Toodledo.

But as I said at the beginning, your are entitled to your opinion, but so am I.

Martin.
martingchapman

Posted Mar 07, 2012 in: Facebook and Twitter Integration
Toodledo,
Glad you got that update out of your system and enjoyed doing it.

Now can you please focus on something useful - proper full GMail integration, for all of us that use Toodledo day in day out for our work.

Martin.
martingchapman

You have heard it before but here is my two-pennorth;

Gmail, easily create a task from within Gmail and put the GMail thread url into the Task note as a click-able link so you can easily go to the Gmail thread from the ToDo task.

Evernote, update ToDo so that it understands the Evernote format desktop link to a note.

Thanks in anticipation - Martin.
martingchapman

Tommy,
The GMail gadget you mention allows you to manage and add tasks from within GMail.
However it does not allow you to convert a Gmail into a task with a link to the Gmail thread embedded in the task.
This is the level of integration I am asking for.

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply though - Martin.
martingchapman

Toodledo,
Thanks for the response, lets me know you are reading my post and good to hear you are working on tighter Gmail integration.

If you need a beta tester I would be happy to help.

Regards - Martin.
martingchapman

Thanks for the suggestions using the Firefox Add on.
This appears to be a way of creating a task from a web page, including an open email.
However you need to highlight the url of the page then right click the page to create the task with the url as the title of the task.
I can easily do this by highlighting the url and copying it, then pasting into a task in ToDo.

What I am asking for is tight integration between GMail and ToDo so you only need to star and email (for example) to have ToDo create a task that uses the email title as the task title and places a link to the email thread into the notes field of the task.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Martin.
martingchapman

Score: 1
Toodledo,
Thanks for the reminder about the Siri integration.

But it is just the same as the email integration.
Creating a task in Toodledo by sending an email to your Toodledo email address works very well, but it does not link back to the email thread in GMail, any replies/updates to the email are not reflected by the task.

This is is "killer" feature that is missing, if the task that is created had a link back to the email thread that it was created from then any replies/updates to that email would automatically be available from Toodledo when you clicked on the link and opened the email.

Please, please include this feature as soon as you can and make all your GMail users (of which there must be thousands+) very happy.

Thanks - Martin.
martingchapman

Posted Jan 03, 2012 in: Add "Start Date" to "VIEW BY:" list
Reviving this as no comment from Toodledo.

Salgud,
Thanks for the suggestion, I have set up a saved search to sort by Start Date and it works fine.
However, it would be better and more integrated to have the option "Start Date" in the view by list.

Toodledo;
Can you comment on this request please, I know you have a mountain of things on your to-do list but I am guessing this would be a relatively simple change and would make all your MYN followers very happy.

Martin.
martingchapman

I know you have been busy and the results of all this work are just great, so well done the Toodledo Team.

Is there any way of promoting this request up the to-do list??

Thanks for reading - Martin.
martingchapman

Hi Toodledo,
Have you made any progress with this request?

I am sure you are aware but [Remember the Milk] has a GMail widget that you install into GMail and it then gives you the option to create a task in [RTM] by "Starring" an email.
It also adds an icon into the task that is a link to the email thread.

Is there a anyway you could do something similar with Toodledo so that you "Star" an email in GMail and it automatically creates a task in Toodledo with the url of the email thread in the body of the task using your normal task defaults for priority, date etc.

This would make Toodledo a really (even more) powerful Task Management solution, especially for followers of GTD and MYN, one of the main principles of which is converting emails to tasks.

Regards - Martin.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next