ForumsNewsTasks Redesign (part 4)

Tasks Redesign (part 4)
dmos01

Posted: Oct 27, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Another vote for moving the add task button back to the left. Also the merging of add task and quick add as per your survey does make a lot of sense.
allendr59

Hi Bridget,
You might want to add a third option for adding tasks to the survey: I never use the button, opting for the 'n' character method. I do think combining the quick add and add button might be a good option, but it would have to be on the left side.
Acustk

Score: 0 Reference
Posted by Bridget K:
Posted by Acustk:
Clicking "Tasks" to refresh now collapses all the dividers.

...I suspect your display format may be set to "Collapse all dividers"...

Let me know if this works for you,

:)

Bridget

Thanks, Bridget, but my dividers default value is already set to be collapsed. If you have a previous version before the consolidation of the modules, you'll see that clicking the blue "Tasks" hyperlink that had been at the top of the page would refresh the page but leave each divider in its current state -- either collapsed or expanded.

I tend to work with the Due Today folder expanded and all others usually closed. Previously, I was able to refresh the page after editing my tasks and continue working with open folders still open and closed ones, closed. This has changed, now. The reason for refreshing, of course, is because we want to see a "post edits" view of our tasks -- not to collapse all tasks and hide them behind the dividers.

I would appreciate you looking into this and restoring what I believe was inadvertently lost -- that a refresh should only do a refresh and not also close down my current view.

Thank you.
nickbward

Posted: Oct 28, 2015
Score: 2 Reference
Another fan of the redesign apart from the Add Task button - it should definitely be on the top left hand side, rather than the far less used top right. Nothing to do with muscle memory in my view, the top left is simply a far more logical and efficient place to have it.

Thanks
thielenhaus

Please move the "Add Task" and the "Save" and "Cancel" buttons back to the left. On my 24" screen that's really very anoying far away from everything.
Bonolono

One more vote for moving the "Add Task" button back to the left side! Very awkward now :-(

Other than that great UI refresh :-)
karsten.schoepfer

So far, the changes of the UI have been improvements ...but this time, it is a huge step back (not to say "a disaster").

1) The ADD-button on the right sight is absolutely not convenient and a bad user experience. PLEASE, move it back to the left side and do it fast!

2) Hiding everything in pull down menus is terrible. You always have to click twice. For all the things on the right side (print, etc.) I can live with it, as I hardly use them. But now you also moved switching between tasks, notes, etc. ...this just takes too much time. I love simple designs but the usability is more important!
d_hottinger

Posted by SyneRyder:
* Regarding performance regression, I wonder if that's due to the animations? I'm barely noticing a change, but I just got a brand new laptop - I'll bet it's noticeable on an older laptop with an underpowered OpenGL 1.x era video card. I wouldn't want the animations to go away, but maybe an option to turn them off for people who don't want them / want fastest performance?

Animations are fine. Just takes about a second before the animation even starts.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
By popular demand, the "Add Task" button has been moved to the left. It is now only about an inch above where it used to be.

Thanks for being patient with us as we sorted through the feedback and made the changes.

This message was edited Oct 28, 2015.
Hugh O'Donnell

Putting the task on the left is a great idea. Since my eyes are usually to the left of the screen where most of the info that I use is on the left, it makes sense not to have to move the cursor and my eyes way to the right.

Thanks!

PS: I was using Toodledo about an hour ago when the add button was still on the right, and got a bit of a surprise to see it moved just as I hoped it would! Since I signed up for beta testing, my initial thought was that I was in beta! :D
gbranham

Jake, looks great!
gmrevo

Thank you so much!
Adrien Beau

Having very recently switched from a competitor, I appreciate how well you handled the situation.
Salgud

Looks and works great.
boydston01

Posted by Adrien Beau:
Having very recently switched from a competitor, I appreciate how well you handled the situation.

SERIOUSLY! Toodledo is one of the few that really listens to its users.
GSP1963

Score: 3 Reference
Just wanted to say that I'm really pleased with the UI work, including your adjustment to the position of the Add Task button. The end result is really great. I thought I should also mention something: As Toodledo has been getting more and more user-friendly, I'm using it for more things. In addition to tasks, I'm now using it for my most-important productivity-related notes (such as a list of store hours), my quarterly goals (which I keep in Lists), and I've just started using Habits. Toodledo is becoming more and more indispensable. I'm scaling back my use of other apps that I used to use for notes, goals, and habit-tracking, and plan to discontinue use of some of them altogether.

I've been using Toodledo for years now (almost 10 years now, if memory serves), and it's one of the very few apps that I'm using more, not less, as time passes.

You guys are definitely doing great work.
thepaj

Posted: Oct 29, 2015
Can you please change the color of a newly created task to something that stands out (in the location it is created, before a screen refresh)? In the old, generally more useable, interface the new tasks had a green background, which made it easy to identify and refer to when adding several new tasks. I use Linenbergers MYN and, once refreshed, many new tasks are hidden until start date. The new color (same as the top bar) makes it harder to see the new tasks Before sorting.

This message was edited Oct 29, 2015.
rfrome

This morning I see that the ADD TASK button is back on the left. Thanks for doing that. It did seem to be "out in the wild" when right justified.

This message was edited Oct 29, 2015.
Ann M

Oh my gosh! I cannot believe you responded so quickly in moving the button back to the left. What is really odd is that I didn't even notice it this morning until I read the post in the forum. It's as if it's back to normal so it wasn't screaming at me. Thanks very much and as a result of this I am using the keyboard shortcuts too.

Ann
ilia.smirnov

Jake, thank you very much!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.