ForumsNewsToodledo Update: Product Principles

Toodledo Update: Product Principles
fcano

Posted: Oct 18, 2018
Score: 8 Reference
Why do not improve the solution first and then increase the price?

I'm sorry, I also think the increase does not make sense. I too will evaluate my continuation with Toodledo.
Tracie2602

Score: 6 Reference
Hate to say it but looks like Toodledo could be on the way out, this type of price hike usually means new owners trying to make a quick turnaround then sell or close down. There are many To do list applications out there that manage to keep there prices affordable, Todoist, Gqueues, Nozbe, Doit.im, Get it done etc. Toodledo is not a project management tool and does not warrant the additional cost they are trying to implement.

The new owners need to realise when all is said and done, Toodledo is just a to do list, admittedly a very good one but one amongst thousands out there. I will miss Toodledo but I will get used to a new software. A loyal customer base is hard to replace, A To Do list isn't

Just for the record Unlimited history now only available in business package & a lack of confidence in the long term viability of Toodledo are the main reasons I will now be migrating.
cspence

Score: 10 Reference
This is surprising and disappointing.

Had been looking forward to updates to a system that has been great, but getting stale.
But with new owners that don't have a lot of business sense - this does not look like a viable product in the long term.

They could have improved the software and increased the prices by 25% or even 50% for some new functionality and kept the majority of the user base. Instead, they triple the price, with no improvement yet in the software and then will lose 80% of their customer base.

This is the start of the end for what was a good product that could have had a promising future.

Hope they are better programmers than business strategists.

I wish them luck, but will be looking at the many capable alternatives as a replacement.
Purveyor

Score: 0 Reference
Posted by cspence:
But with new owners that don't have a lot of business sense - this does not look like a viable product in the long term.
Hope they are better programmers than business strategists.
They are not programmers. They bought a business and they expect a sufficient return on their investment.

It remains to be seen how successful their strategy will be.
robsan

Score: 5 Reference
Seriously disappointed with the price increase, seems like a money grab. I was happy with the functionality but as others said the service and applications have been stale for a longtime and it's quite insulting to ask customers to support this development at such a premium! Even if the service improves by *a lot* it will not justify the 4.99 per month.

I still have 100+ days left on my subscription but this is it for me. Exported my stuff and will cancel the account.
dtreusch

Score: 4 Reference
I've used Toodledo for years in my small business and have been very happy with the functionality. I've even taught others my methodology for using Toodledo with their small business. But with this huge price increase, I will also be cancelling my gold subscription before it is due to renew. I currently have 126 days to find a replacement.

This message was edited Oct 18, 2018.
Owly

Score: 2 Reference
I've bought a paid subscription only for subtasks feature. $60 only for subtasks? You're kidding, right? I will not renew the subscription.
boydston01

Where is everyone getting the new pricing details?
gtappend

Posted by boydston01:

I received an e-mail yesterday with the details in it.
J Carlos

Hi!

I am a user since 2011.
The price increase is disproportionate.
My subscription ends in 2020, a lot should be better to renew the subscription.
I start looking for alternatives.

A greeting.

This message was edited Oct 18, 2018.
boydston01

The new, absurd pricing undermines these product principles. You need a first principle about providing a good value.
mikael_be

Posted: Oct 19, 2018
Posted by boydston01:

On https://www.toodledo.com/subscribe/index.php

But: do open that link in a private/incognito window, otherwise you'll see your present price.
(In Firefox, that's by default Ctrl+Shift+P, in Chrome it's Ctrl+Shift+N)
J.O.D.

Posted by mikael_be:
Posted by boydston01:

On https://www.toodledo.com/subscribe/index.php

But: do open that link in a private/incognito window, otherwise you'll see your present price.
(In Firefox, that's by default Ctrl+Shift+P, in Chrome it's Ctrl+Shift+N)

And the thing is, that in our e-mails the features are moved among the plans. According to these prices, Gold should become Business and Silver Individual, which would make me go from Gold to Individual, BUT the features listed do not correspond to features send us by e-mail. Not to mention, that there were at least two different versions of the emails.

This message was edited Oct 19, 2018.
Marek Mierzwa

Do I understand correctly, from the sent e-mail, that in new version of Free Plan, there will be no possibility of having task notes?
pawelkaleta

Hi Marek,

You have most likely received "first tranche" of the e-mails - follow this link for more details and answer:

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/26237/-117107/read.html#jump
Antal

I am a bit puzzled by this message I just received;

'These plan changes will not affect your current pricing schedule throughout the duration of your current subscription; you are grandfathered into your current plan until your next renewal date.'

Are we grandfathered in our current plan? And keep our original prices for as long as we keep our subscription active?
Or does it mean that they are increasing the rates with 300%, as soon as there is an automatic (!) renewal?

In the Dutch Apple App Store we are stuck at version 3.3.10 from over a year ago. No Apple Watch app. I can't even log in in the iPhone app anymore. I am having quite a very bad Toodledo exprerience at the moment. I have been a user for quite a few years, but if the increase in price is also for current customers I am leaving Toodledo for one of the competitors who are have their act straight.

But, wait... How do I cancel my subscription?
user50

Posted by Antal:

Are we grandfathered in our current plan? And keep our original prices for as long as we keep our subscription active?
Or does it mean that they are increasing the rates with 300%, as soon as there is an automatic (!) renewal?

They aren't using the term 'grandfathering' properly. Your understanding of the term is correct. You will be charged the new, higher, rate at your next renewal.
pawelkaleta

Posted by Antal:
But, wait... How do I cancel my subscription?

You're not alone :)

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/26247/0/automatic-renewal-of-subscription-how-to-cancel.html
anand_1352889075

So I have 34 days left before my $30 Gold jumps to a $90 business.

I echo what many others are saying on here -- there's no way this is a $90 product -- not in a million years.

I'd hate to leave toodledo as a user since 2012, but this is 2018 and you have to provide VALUE in a competitive marketplace.

OK -- let's have a list of alternatives here that people are looked at with pros and cos :

jzamoras

remember the milk (the app I used before toodledo) got substasks... I hope some competitors get the heads up and add an easy way to import toodledo tasks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.