ForumsNewsFeature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans

Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
DannyWissen

Posted: Oct 30, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
Hi @All,

may you please discuss the alternatives of Toodledo in this thread:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/26261/0/proscons-of-alternatives-to-toodledo.html

I think all those posts cover the real Topic here an no one will read this thread any more!
Thank you very much!

On Page 4 I had an important question concerning the actual plans running longer than 01.01.2019 which I hope will be answered here:

I think in this Post (on Page 4) Aaron made really clear, that they won't sell our data or our tasks to someone.
He made very clear, that they respect our privacy and that they still commit to former values of Toodledo.
This is why I prefer to stay, for my workflow there is not really an alternative to Toodledo and I would like to support Toodledo.
I also appreciate, that they communicate with us so much. This is really not usual and I am willing to pay the price for that.

Here is the important link to the statement of Aaron concerning our Privacy:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/26265/-118001/read.html#jump

As this Topic bugs me a bit I would like to re-post Anthony's question, because I am now at Silver and will revert to the new Plus, but my subscription runs until March 2019. It would be really bad if I would lose my Task History except for 1 week....

Anthony Taylor
Posted: 2 days ago
@Aaron I understand the payment structure doesn't change while the current subscription lasts, but what about the features of the original subscription that was paid for?
aaron.c.salls

Score: 4 Reference
Anthony Taylor
@Aaron I understand the payment structure doesn't change while the current subscription lasts, but what about the features of the original subscription that was paid for?

Sure, I can clarify that. The existing features of your subscription won't change through the duration of your current subscription period.
Bobkopf

Well I just renewed under the old pricing scheme. I think I'm glad I did since Ive been using toodledo for many years now and it puts off what will be a hard decision.

I won't pay the plus plan price.

I need a 2 year task history - even if I only lookback once a year, I need to be able to call up the previous calendar year's tasks. Not having this is a deal breaker. Having to use program a third party app to clip done items on 2 iOS devices, a Mac and a PC laptop isn't something I'm going to bother with - for all that work I can likely find an alternative product.

Saved searches were the way you made Toodledo fit your needs - in the free version you can't see the value of using the product without saved searches. Won't impact standard plan subscribers for awhile, until it starves the company of new paid users because they can't get what they need when they try the product. (Same is true for free plan without hotlists...)

So based on the (proposed) pricing/service roadmap, when my current plan expires next year I'll be (tentatively) switching to another system next year. At least I have time to prepare.
Ell J

Posted: Oct 31, 2018
Score: 1 Reference
I wish you luck moving forward..[/quote]

What you have in a dedicated task service vs Office 365 is mobile integration. Especially alarms, Apple Watch integration, task recurrence.

If you don't need alarms and recurrence, and especially if you only track tasks from your laptop/desktop, an Excel file is actually superior in many ways.[/quote]

Humm, I am not sure you know much about O365. I do get mobile integration, task recurrence, and alarms. I also can add links, emails, and documents to my task from my mobile app. I just did that yesterday. I also get the ability to assign tasks to other people or for people to assign me tasks plus with files and links. I do not use or have a Apple Watch so do not know if there is something other in that device.

Your comment IMO proved my point that there is little or no advantage for people who use Office 365, G-Suite, or Yoho Suite to get Toodledo.

This message was edited Oct 31, 2018.
Ummagumma

I don’t have O365, just the plain old Office 2016. I did not know that you could add alarms to Excel spreadsheet cells in 365. Unless you are talking about Microsoft’s own task manager, which is a tad problematic.
marcemobile_3

Just needed to mention I had just renewed my subscription albeit 24 days early. All was completed and I have a new icon for Managing your subscription but I cannot see the invoice regarding payment. Nor is it yet in my mailbox. When should I be able to view the Invoice?

Thank you.
Ell J

Posted by Ummagumma:
I don’t have O365, just the plain old Office 2016. I did not know that you could add alarms to Excel spreadsheet cells in 365. Unless you are talking about Microsoft’s own task manager, which is a tad problematic.

You do not add alarms to a Excel - why would someone want to do that? You add them to MS Outlook, OneNote, Teams, Planner and a number of other programs including Task manger. What is problematic about MS task manager? I can assign tasks (to myself or others) and have alarms in task manager but I choose to use Planner instead because it is easier to use for larger items - where I am working with a team or using Kanban for work assignments.

Here is something you may want to consider reading; while not complete it is a good beginning to understanding task manager.
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/use-outlook-simple-task-project-management/

My big point with Toodledo is that it does not natively sync with any other program - so it is standalone. I need a program that allows me to use links, add documents, and share those with just about anyone - I can do that with O365 but not with Toodledo unless I get them a paid license.
Ummagumma

OK, I see what you mean.

I've been using Onenote / Outlook for a long time. While it's a very powerful set of tools, it does have it's bouquet of issues if one wants to use it with mobile devices:

1) Haven't used Android in years, but back when I did, syncing with Exchange tasks was extremely iffy and unreliable and very feature limited.

2) On iOS, tasks usually sync as Reminders. Which means, for most mobile clients, you lose the ability to assign a Start date on mobile (a must in my workflow, and the biggest selling point of Toodledo / RTM). There's only a very few apps - that I know of - that support assigning a Start date *and* syncing it with Outlook. One of them is GoodTask, which I discovered earlier this year, which I am very happy with, and which I am using now after I gave up on Toodledo. The other one is Calengoo (an exceptionally good calendar, with a decent taks management, but not as powerful as GoodTask). Then there was PlanBe, with very basic task management, which is now gone from the US AppStore. That's it, at least what I know of. Pocket Informant used to support the Start Date, but stopped years ago. 2Do assigns start dates but doesn't sync them with Outlook. There are also some other limitations (can't have start date without due date if you edit tasks in Outlook, can't sync categories) but they are not nearly as important to me. Also, I am unaware of any native MS Watch apps that work with tasks, and using my tasks with AW has been super convenient, I'd hate to lose that ability.

3) For years, Microsoft has been plagued with a "Date Change Bug". If you use Microsoft Todo, or sync with Outlook.com, the tasks created in Outlook after particular time have their due date moved forward by one day upon sync to web or mobile client. The best explanation I could find is that Exchange Active Sync that they use for their online services is treating every time record as GMT regardless of actual time zone. This means I can't use MS ToDo to sync with Outlook (I wouldn't anyway without the start date option).

In other words, as powerful as Outlook is on the desktop, it's a job and a half to make it work on mobile without giving up features. I am not familiar with Planner, perhaps it's a game changer... but if it hasn't been for GoodTask, I'd be seriously considering RTM.

As to "why would anyone want alarms in Excel" - an alarms-enabled Excel spreadsheet would make a killer task manager. Advance filtering, sorting, total compatibility, truly platform and device independent, could be integrated into any wider system. I could even find a workaround for recurring events. But I need my alarms....
pawelkaleta

Posted by Ummagumma:
As to "why would anyone want alarms in Excel" - an alarms-enabled Excel spreadsheet would make a killer task manager. Advance filtering, sorting, total compatibility, truly platform and device independent, could be integrated into any wider system. I could even find a workaround for recurring events. But I need my alarms....

Well, if you want you can in fact achieve something very similar to alarm functionality. Take a look for example here. If you use it with NOW() or other date/time-related conditions and for example add MsgBox which appears with the sound you are ready to go :)
sknipfing

Excel is not an answer for me. I have an excel spreadsheet with VBA code to automate many tasks and dropped it in favor of Toodledo. Why? Because I want all my to-do's in one place. What I had was multiple spreadsheets in different places.

I work in an environment that does not let me share files on the cloud. In fact, I had to get approval just to use Toodledo from my workstation.

My tasks are all in one place that is fine. I can email tasks into Toodledo with notes attached. Beyond, that what really needs to be addressed is usability. And it looks like that is underway.
Ummagumma

Posted by pawelkaleta:
Posted by Ummagumma:

Well, if you want you can in fact achieve something very similar to alarm functionality. Take a look for example here. If you use it with NOW() or other date/time-related conditions and for example add MsgBox which appears with the sound you are ready to go :)

This would not work on mobile devices though, would it ? Sorry I wasn't very clear. On Windows, I could do with Excel right now. It's the iOS / Watch where I need a dedicated app. Too much convenience and functionality to give up...
pawelkaleta

Posted by Ummagumma:
This would not work on mobile devices though, would it ?

Probably not. I'm not that brave to say it's impossible for sure as it's Excel so you never know..
boydston01

Posted by Ummagumma:
I've been using Onenote / Outlook for a long time. While it's a very powerful set of tools, it does have it's bouquet of issues if one wants to use it with mobile devices:

I still miss Outlook and WinMo 5/6 with exchange, plus Pocket Informant. Tasks synced perfectly and PI made the tasks accessible and added robust filtering and sorting. 10 years later, and there is still no good replacement solution!
Ummagumma

Posted by boydston01:
Posted by Ummagumma:

I still miss Outlook and WinMo 5/6 with exchange, plus Pocket Informant. Tasks synced perfectly and PI made the tasks accessible and added robust filtering and sorting. 10 years later, and there is still no good replacement solution!

Try GoodTask, if you’re on iOS.
frogboy

Posted: Nov 01, 2018
@Aaron: does that mean that due improvements to iCal and google cal sync won’t be applied to my silver subscription? And I will still have legacy features for a good while yet? Or will legacy subscribers enjoy new features and improvements as they roll out.

Desperately need iCal feeds/folder and /saved search - that is available in RTM for free.....

Posted by aaron.c.salls:
Anthony Taylor

Sure, I can clarify that. The existing features of your subscription won't change through the duration of your current subscription period.
cfrazierjr

Score: 3 Reference
I see a lot of complaints about the task history being only one week. The easiest way around this is to setup an IFTTT rule. I link mine to Evernote. Anytime I complete a toodledo task, it automatically creates a note in Evernote in a notebook dedicated to completed tasks. This way I keep a full task history and is easily searchable.

However, I agree that one week for $36/year is definitely not a good deal.
aaron.c.salls

Posted by frogboy:
@Aaron: does that mean that due improvements to iCal and google cal sync won’t be applied to my silver subscription? And I will still have legacy features for a good while yet? Or will legacy subscribers enjoy new features and improvements as they roll out.

Desperately need iCal feeds/folder and /saved search - that is available in RTM for free.....

It's the latter case -- the new features rolling, such as iCal improvements and Google 2-way sync, will be available to subscribers. Having a Silver or Gold plan extending past 1/1/19 does not preclude you from the features the team is working on.
K*H

Score: 2 Reference
AAron says -

Starting 11/1, we’ll make our 6-month roadmap plans public.
You can find the full roadmap on our blog and forum. This will be live next week.

Blog is empty and I can't find the roadmap anywhere in the forums...am I missing it or is it not out yet?

This message was edited Nov 01, 2018.
J. O. D.

It is now. Basically, it's the roadmap on Feature Request link.

Posted by K*H:
AAron says -

Starting 11/1, we’ll make our 6-month roadmap plans public.
You can find the full roadmap on our blog and forum. This will be live next week.

Blog is empty and I can't find the roadmap anywhere in the forums...am I missing it or is it not out yet?
tsinvest Post deleted
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.