ForumsNewsiOS Update - June 2020

iOS Update - June 2020
jimk222

Posted: Jul 06, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
I too was a bit surprised to see a new app available in my app update list. Excited and hopeful, I updated an iPad Air 2 and iPhone 7 (both with the latest iOS and iPADOS updates).

On iPad, I updated the TD app but saw no tasks listed.
Then after reading comments tried force sync (Toodledo -> iPad) it attempted to "download" and "process" tasks but nothing came through.
Then I shut down the iPad app and then rebooted the iPad.
Launched TD again and it crashes after the splash screen, every time I try to open the app. It just won't open the app at all.
Multiple attempts to delete the app, reinstall, force sync, I am unable to open the app successfully.

On iPhone 7 I updated the app, only received about half of my tasks noted in the task list, and the notification red dot count on the app on the iPhone home screen.
Forced sync toodledo.com -> iPhone and "download" and "process" tasks begins at bottom of TD screen but never seems to complete. I only have 749 items in my all tasks list.
Close app relaunch and I am unable to even click on the All Tasks button to get to the list of all my tasks. Hot List and Starred list are both accessible and seem correct but All Tasks screen won't open.

Both iPhone & iPad apps are pretty useless to me at this point.

The biggest concern is that I am VERY reluctant to even use the iPad or iPhone versions of the TD app in fear that any work I do on those devices will not sync properly to the TD online account. I am forced to use only the web version for all my work.

I agree not a good roll-out and I was surprised that there was a full version update launching as I thought we were still using beta testing through Test Flight.

Jim
bettylarsen

WOW - this update is miserable. First I saw no data in my app after update. I was told to force sync from website. At first look I thought that worked. Not so. Everything is crazy. Sorts don't work. Unable to delete an enormous amount of completed tasks. I'm so unhappy with Toodedo. This has never happened before. I have yet to look at what my Notes data looks like. Toodledo customers. deserve more.
tahallco

Posted by Anant G.:
Hi,
As I mentioned on our blog, we are releasing another beta update on our iOS app.

You can download this version from here :
https://testflight.apple.com/join/YV3Mvh12

Make sure you have downloaded Testflight from App store first.

Lot of fixes are done from last build. Major one's are summarized below :

+ Fixes a bug search functionality in tasks.
+ Made application available for all the Apple Watch. We had to remove Apple Watch Series 1 from the application because it was causing conflicts with the newer version.
+ Fixes a bug in the Outlines, Habits & Lists section where navigation or header to add new items were missing.
+ Fixes a bug in the Outlines section where a link inside an item may not have been clickable.
+ Fixes a bug with crashing of app when a Note was searched in Notes Section.
+ Fixes an issue where the sync was breaking and it was not able to sync all the tasks.
+ Many layout issues are fixed in Tasks & Notes section.
+ Implemented Sub-Task feature in the app.

Open Bugs :
+ Sync performance issue
+ iPad Layout

For some users who feel that we are shutting down, that is not the case. We're doing our best to improve Toodledo and do no harm. We know we are not active on Forums and Blog, we are going to improve on this area too soon.

Anant
tahallco

Help! All my Task have disappeared (happened yesterday) from my iPhone. I can see them when I log in through website. Tried to re download the App from App Store. ToodleDo is no longer available in the App Store. Yikes. Can someone help? I manage my business using your App. At least I can see the Task they the web site but it’s not user friendly.

This message was edited Jul 06, 2020.
dleit

Score: 2 Reference
What a disaster of an iOS release! I'm having all the issues mentioned above.

Anant's explanation that one must do a forced sync after an update is crazy, since he is acting like this is a reminder of the standard procedure, when, in fact, it has never before been necessary with any update, and the means to do it is buried. And if you hit the wrong button, you force sync device to server, and presumably permanently wipe out all your data.

Moreover, I did the procedure, and the app still doesn't work. There are indicators showing that my tasks are there, but the lists are empty under any folder or date view, and only show up in context views.
cj

Posted by dleit:
What a disaster of an iOS release! I'm having all the issues mentioned above.

Anant's explanation that one must do a forced sync after an update is crazy, since he is acting like this is a reminder of the standard procedure, when, in fact, it has never before been necessary with any update, and the means to do it is buried. And if you hit the wrong button, you force sync device to server, and presumably permanently wipe out all your data.

Moreover, I did the procedure, and the app still doesn't work. There are indicators showing that my tasks are there, but the lists are empty under any folder or date view, and only show up in context views.

I agree - it's a disaster. Make it stop! Make it stop!
Wow.
mickeypatterson

Score: 1 Reference
Like others above the latest version of the ioS app I downloaded yesterday has been a disaster. Can you please restore the last version and leave it there until you have a version that works well.

I as many have stated opened up the app to find 0 tasks. I have been a user for over 8 years and have never had to force synch the data. I did that and it seems to be ok so far.

When I go to add a task you can barely see the options because they are in a dark black background.

Then when you go to flip from today's tasks to all tasks (have 1,700) it takes a few seconds where before it was much faster.

I know there is new CEO did the rest of the company leave and get rehired? Not the experience I have grown to enjoy over the past almost 10 years and like many others have said have come to be very dependent on.

Please email us on what is going on, what next steps are, and what you will do to prevent this from happening again. Don't want to use a beta version just restore the last version to the app store which we were fine with.

If this instability continues most of us will have to find other options and your cash flow will negatively be impacted.

This is your moment of truth rise up take accountability and communicate a plan we all can be confident in...
lmcferren

Additional "BUG" for those that haven't seen it yet. After force synching from web to iphone, all my tasks and notes reappeared thankfully. However, the comments field in the tasks and the notes, are not useable on iphone.

1 - Extra blank lines are inserted at the top of the comments section
2 - When you select a comment to edit, nothing is visible, although the cursor is at the end of the text. It is as if it is in white font on white background. Since I can't see it, I can't edit it, which forces me to use it on web only for now.
cj

For the love of G*d please restore the older IOS version!

I am a bug fan of toodledo and very understanding of the internal plight over the past few years, and have always supported whatever efforts are going on to maintain and improve -
but this is so bad - it's embarassing
(almost as bad as reverting me to the free version even though I was willing to pay!)

anyway
right now I was on my ipad. I have a link in the notes section of a todo item. I cannot even see it, let alone click on it!
(in fact I can't click on any notes in order to edit !)

roll it back !! roll it back!!

This is so bad, after what 10 years - I am ready to ditch toodledo for anything!
MPK

Ugh... I use toodledo almost daily. My notes on my app was wiped out with NO notification. So i freaked out, and thought i should remove the app and reload, but now it wants me to pay. What next? Pay and reload? Help!!
ptjack

Now the Apple App Store is saying that Toodledo has been pulled from the store. It doesn’t show up in a search. My older versions (I never downloaded the ill-fated last update) seem to be working fine but the absence of the app in the App Store is worrying.
michael.hyzdu

Posted: Jul 07, 2020
Iphone ap is gone. Please dont “update” ipad or web toodledo. PLEASE rollback to old iphone rev today ... we cant wait for a fix.
wickendeng

I find it difficult to believe how inept the handling of this crisis has been. The app on the iPad has been unusable for two days now, with not a word from the company and the app pulled without explanation from the App Store. I daredn’t try the iPhone version in case the multiple serious bugs hit that too. What of earth do they think they’re playing at? People run their lives on these apps and don’t take kindly to this level of disruption.

I’ve taken backups of all my data in case the whole things disappears permanently down a black hole. I suggest that all users do the same. In the meantime, and after 12 years of use, I’m looking for an alternative that I can trust.
stacy.lander

My phone is showing that an update is needed for the Toodledo app but when I try to update the app it states 'Toodleo is no longer available and the developer has removed the app from the app store?!
tahallco

How do I back up? I too run my life with this App. I didn’t do the Update that was suggested as I’m afraid I’ll lose everything. Right now I am able to manage (although it’s not easy) through the web site. But I want to back up just in case. Can someone help tell me how to back up.

So frustrating there is no response from Developer. It’s a new owner that kinda like a tech guy but not a business person that understands Customer Service which is essential to a successful business.

Please Post Apps that you feel are an alternative. I like many have used this App for many years. 10+.
faisalgh

I am a paying user of this app, and really like the google mail integration. I made the mistake of deleting the app on my phone. I cannot find it in the App store anymore. How do we get the app reinstalled.
guardprivy-1

Score: 3 Reference
I am a longtime user and tech geek and hope this may help those who have recently posted questions.

1) If you downloaded the new app and your tasks are missing, Go to the app's Settings:Modify Account Login: and click on "Force Toodledo > Device Sync" (but NOT from the device to the Toodledo).

2) If you uninstalled the app, you won't be able to reinstall until the company restores the app to the App Store. I assume Anant pulled it due to all the issues people were having. Apple's approval process can take a number of days, so you may have to wait it out. I'd recommend you check the App Store daily.

3) To back up your data, you need to use the web version on a computer as this function is not available in the app. From your Toodledo webpage, go to Settings: Import/Export/Backup: Backup/Restore and click on "Download Backup File". You can also export your data in various other formats (csv, txt) if you plan to take your data elsewhere. As a reference point, I back up my Toodledo data every other day.

4) I know that people are frustrated, and rightfully so. But, many of us stay with Toodledo because there is no other better alternative. Over the last two years, I have tried at least a dozen alternatives (I've even paid for the full versions). I use a GTD method and nothing can compare to Toodledo. The closest is Remember the Milk (they have the ability to import your Toodledo file that is nice). But, I always return to Toodledo because it's better. I hope Anant and his team get the kinks worked out because I love Toodledo.
tremontbjm

I want to thank everyone here who made me aware of the depth of these issues since management has chosen to abandon their customers and not respond / update us. What a bunch of cowards.

I also exported the large volume of critical data to Excel and will now start to look for a replacement app.

Anyone have any suggestions?
jzamoras

Posted by tremontbjm:
I want to thank everyone here who made me aware of the depth of these issues since management has chosen to abandon their customers and not respond / update us. What a bunch of cowards.

I also exported the large volume of critical data to Excel and will now start to look for a replacement app.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I´ll move to ticktick 90 days before my sub ends.
jimk222

I have had hopes but have been doing the following every Friday.

Under the profile icon in the top right corner of the desktop web browser, click the drop down to reveal the menu
Look for "Import/Export/Backup"

1) Backup
Click the Backup/Restore box
Next screen click "Download backup file"
Save it to a folder where you want to keep handy the ToodleDo backups
Go back to the profile menu > "Import / Export / Backup"

2) CSV Export
Under "CSV Tasks Export"
And under "Uncompleted Tasks" click "Download CSV File"
It will save with today's date in the file name and what it is as well
Save it where you keep the ToodleDo backups

Then if you want the full history of all your completed tasks
Right above the download blue download button you'll see "Completed more than (1) yrs ago"
I change this to 0 to get all completed tasks, then click download
Save it where you keep the ToodleDo backups it will also save with today's date and file name description

3) XML file export for future use
Should an XML file be needed at a 3rd party or even if you want to come back to ToodleDo
This "in theory" should give you full file export of your tasks
Go back to "Import / Export / Backup" screen
Click on "XML Import / Export"
Under "XML Tasks Export" click "Download XML file"
This will be a single file that you could rename with a different date but I have just overwritten the previous export file in my ToodleDo backup folder.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.