ForumsNewsEarly Sneak Peek into Next Generation *iOS/Android App* Betas

Early Sneak Peek into Next Generation *iOS/Android App* Betas
Steve

Posted: Apr 18, 2022
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks, I should have switched to the beta version sooner.
Sean_W

Posted: Apr 19, 2022
Is the beta still available? I would love to come back to Toodledo!
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Apr 21, 2022
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Sean_W:
Is the beta still available? I would love to come back to Toodledo!

Yes, it is available! Please see the instructions on the first post in this thread for installation instructions.
steve.rothkin

Posted: Apr 21, 2022
Is the beta reliable at least in
- syncing
- not losing any data
- notifying at alarm time
mrlandis

Posted: Apr 23, 2022
It appears that Habits are gone. No. Where. To. Be. Found. Are these updates to the task functions only / what's the deal?

On edit: Sorry, just now saw the following in the original post. Uninstalling...

"This is *not* ideal for people who:
- Need access to anything beyond Tasks."

This message was edited Apr 23, 2022.
Mike Elmendorf

Posted: Apr 25, 2022
I understand that this is a beta, but is the intent to ultimately include access to Notes and other functionality?

Thanks.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Apr 25, 2022
Score: 3 Reference
Hi there,

Yes, as mentioned in the initial post. This current version consists of the core functionalities, which is task setting atm.
Our developers are working heads down to add new features along the way and you can expect this to be the best mobile app that Toodledo ever had!
We just need your patience and feedback in order to get there.
As a side note, we've had thousands of sessions already without any crashes or data losses, which we see as a strong fundament for moving forward with new features.

Again, any feedback is welcome on roadmap.toodledo.com
milagrosproctor31657

Posted: May 03, 2022
Score: -2 Reference
Forums : News : Early Sneak Peek into Next Generation *iOS/Android App* Betas ? Toodledo
-
Осуществляя поиск в сети, веб-серфер,юзер рано или поздно столкнется с маркетплейсом Гидра-онион:https://xn--hydraruzxpnw4af-ic5h.com. Многие пользователи сети хотят закупаться быстро и абсолютно безопасно. Нереально внушительный айти маркет c интересными позициями,которые не найдешь в обычном браузере, представлен на странице Гидра-онион - https://xn--hdraruxzpnew4af-n35h.com. При регистрации на сайте или в переписках никому не сообщайте свои личные данные, придумайте логин и отображамое имя, который отличается от логина. Также выдумайте надёжный пароль от 8 символов и больше. hydra купить
cindymerrill3

Posted: May 14, 2022
The beta Android app was working well for me at first, though limited in functionality. In the last week or so, though, it's been closing/crashing almost every time I try to check off a task as done. It's getting really frustrating! Is there a newer more stable version that I should switch to? I'm currently using Toodledo 1.0 (Build 8).

--Cindy

This message was edited May 14, 2022.
cindymerrill3

Posted: May 14, 2022
Score: 3 Reference
If you're looking for usability feedback on the beta Android app, I have 2 requests:

1. Please make the checkbox larger so that I can more reliably check off tasks as done with my finger from the task list.

2. Add an option to hide the display of the task's due date. I mostly look at only tasks due today, and it takes up a whole line for every single task to display today's date. If this display could be more compact, I could view more tasks on my phone at once, which I'd really like.

I'm currently using Toodledo 1.0 (Build 8). Thanks!

--Cindy

This message was edited May 14, 2022.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: May 16, 2022
Posted by cindymerrill3:
The beta Android app was working well for me at first, though limited in functionality. In the last week or so, though, it's been closing/crashing almost every time I try to check off a task as done. It's getting really frustrating! Is there a newer more stable version that I should switch to? I'm currently using Toodledo 1.0 (Build 8).

--Cindy

Cindy, Thanks a lot for the update.

We are working on solving these issues!
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: May 16, 2022
Posted by cindymerrill3:
If you're looking for usability feedback on the beta Android app, I have 2 requests:

1. Please make the checkbox larger so that I can more reliably check off tasks as done with my finger from the task list.

2. Add an option to hide the display of the task's due date. I mostly look at only tasks due today, and it takes up a whole line for every single task to display today's date. If this display could be more compact, I could view more tasks on my phone at once, which I'd really like.

I'm currently using Toodledo 1.0 (Build 8). Thanks!

--Cindy

Cindy,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
If you don't mind copying this feedback into roadmap.toodledo.com
this way the requests can be upvoted by the community, addressed accordingly on the roadmap of development and you would also get feedback, once it is integrated!

Thanks a lot!
Hasnain

This message was edited May 16, 2022.
ricardo_1389454602

Posted: May 21, 2022
Hi, guys.
Make Toodledo great again.

Thanks, and welcome.
john.giftakis

Posted: Jun 14, 2022
Hi there! I would like to ask if the feature for Repeat is available for Android app?
h.grindley

Posted: Jun 16, 2022
I have been using the new beta version on my android phone for a few weeks now. There’s a way to go to make it user friendly in my view, but more importantly I had noticed in the last couple of days it just wasn’t in sync (i.e. not syncing) with what I could see on my iPad app version and on the website versions I also use. I have had to uninstall and reinstall the beta version on my phone and it has synced to be up to date, but wonder if this will last?
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Jun 16, 2022
Hi there,

thanks a lot for reaching out.
Do you mind sharing your experience on roadmap.toodledo.com
This way our developers get direct updates, known issues can be linked and pooled, and any bugs or features that get solved or integrated would ping an update to you!

Thanks a lot!
densitylag

Posted: Jul 01, 2022
In April both the old version and the new version of the Android app were working for me. Now both of them crash! This means I have no way of using Toodledo on my phone or tablet. Help!
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Jul 01, 2022
Posted by densitylag:
In April both the old version and the new version of the Android app were working for me. Now both of them crash! This means I have no way of using Toodledo on my phone or tablet. Help!

Hi there,

Please send us an email to [email protected] with a detailed description of what you are experiencing as well as the app version and which phone model you are using.

Thanks!

This message was edited Jul 01, 2022.
NewLifetimePlus2019Aug

Posted: Jul 11, 2022
The iOS app works PERFECTLY the way it is right NOW -- July 11, 2022.

Please DON'T FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKE! That rarely works out the way you want it to.

We have years of data stored on desktops and iPads that we don't want you to mess with.

History is littered with examples of developers screwing up perfectly good products unnecessarily.

Thanks!

Lifetime User,

-- Kurt
NewLifetimePlus2019Aug

Posted: Jul 12, 2022
Score: 6 Reference
Dear Toodledo folks...

I'm not a developer or software engineer but I've worked with a few of them and have seen how they work and think.

It looks like maybe some users want you to make some changes to Toodledo. Some of those changes may be unique to their habits and situations. At the same time, many of us have been using TD the same way for a decade or two. We have our workflows and methodologies frozen and they work for us. The current version of TD works great for us and we don't want anyone to introduce any bugs or lose any of our data. Some of us have even paid for lifetime subscriptions.

Can you do the following? Maybe freeze one instance of the Toodledo code the way it is now and give it a name like Toodledo Classic or Toodledo 2020. Host it on AWS or somewhere inexpensive where we can all get to it reliably. Leave it alone and don't do anything that would affect what we have been doing for years and years.

Then, make a list of all the changes that the more adventuresome risk takers want to make. Provision another instance of Toodledo somewhere and let them do all the updates and experimentations that they want to do. Turn your programmers lose and let their creative juices flow. At some point, give this new code base a distinct name and maybe ask people to pay a little more to fund your R&D and such. Everyone should be able to upload their data into the new code base using the XML import functions.

This way, the dynamic people who want changes can have them, and the old folks who just want to keep doing what we've been doing can keep what we have and love without fear of losing data and functionality on things like old iPads and phones and older Windows machines that don't have all the recent updates. I can't say how many times I've lost the use of perfectly good hardware and apps because someone felt compelled to make changes for the sake of making changes.

Thanks for listening...

This message was edited Jul 12, 2022.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.