ForumsQuestionsSkins/CSS/Color theme for Toodledo

Skins/CSS/Color theme for Toodledo
eracman

Posted: Apr 10, 2008
Score: 2 Reference
I hope that I don't offend the developers of the site but I would really like the option to change the colors or CSS or "skin" of Toodledo. I just started using it and about the only thing I don't like about Toodledo is the look of it. The features and flexibility are great but it really needs a design overhaul. If nothing else at least allow for a color change.
Does anyone know of any stylish or Greasemonkey scripts that can do an extreme makeover on Toodledo?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 10, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I believe that there are Firefox plugins, such as Greasemonkey, that allow you to override our stylesheet and make your own, which you are welcome to do. If you make a nice stylesheet, please share it with us. If it's better than what we have already, maybe we'll start using it :)
jdoree

Posted: Apr 11, 2008
Score: 1 Reference
I too think Toodledo could use some aesthetic improvements. The functionality is great but it's not much to look at.

@eracman: Is there anything particular you had in mind for visual enhancements? I've been playing with the idea of writing a greasemonkey script to improve Toodledo's appearance.

So far the only enhancement I've made is through a script that adds an option to toggle the visibility of the purple/blue left-hand sidebar on the site. Now I can see all of my task list columns at once. If you are interested you can try it out at http://doree.com/stuff
eracman

Posted: Apr 13, 2008
The folding sidebar is nice. I think what I have in mind is simply the option to change the purple to some other color. Similar to what yahoo and MSN let you do with their email. I would write something myself but I haven't had the time yet to learn how to do so via greasemonkey.
jdoree

Posted: Apr 13, 2008
@eracman: I agree. I've been wanting to change the purple too. It involves a bit more work than the Toggledo folding sidebar script otherwise I would have done it already.

If I can get a couple of my current projects finished off I'll try to write something to help both of our eyes. :)
Qrystal

Posted: Apr 14, 2008
If Toodledo was made easy to "skin", there would be dozens of skins within hours, hundreds within weeks. I'm sure of it!

I'm pondering making a colour scheme too, but Toodledo is reminding me that I have a big load of Importance > 8 tasks to take care of first. :P
Andy

Posted: Apr 15, 2008
Hi folks

Loving Toodledo, but i'm afraid that the purple and green hurts my eyes. So I made my own Stylish theme. If you use it, please give me as much feedback as you can, as this is a work in progress. It works pretty well with my setup, but might not with yours.

http://www.nonimage.com/toodledo-theme/

Hope you like it

Cheers

Andy
jdoree

Score: -1 Reference
@andy: thanks for making this nice theme. Unfortunately your !importants don't allow my toggling of the visibility of the Toodledo toc. Any chance we can work together so both of our scripts can co-habitate?
Jeremy

I like it a lot. Its pretty and simple....but I love using Camino....

Jake, can you adopt the style as an option in the account settings?

This message was edited Apr 15, 2008.
Andy

@jdoree Yeah sure, the only problem is that the !important needs to be there to override the existing css. Anyone got any ideas of how to solve this?

@Jeremy thanks. I don't know much about Camino, but the instructions for installing another theme I saw in Camino were
"In Camino, either paste this into your /Library/Application Support/Camino/chrome/userContent.css file. The theme will be applied when you restart Camino."
Hope this works for you. Please let me know if it does.
jdoree

@andy: Can you put !important only on the body background image? That is my primary problem at this point. Or at least don't have the repeat as important. That might be enough. Do you want to take this conversation offline? You can use the Contact link on http://doree.com/stuff/ if you like
TonyB

Hi Andy, I installed your theme and I think overall it's a great improvement! (Sorry Toodledo).

The colours work much better and I've noticed the subtle 'tidying up' you've done in the sidebar and menu headers at the top (spacing etc).

One thing I don't like - in the 'to do' list, when the tasks are listed without details the text is very faint, it's very light grey and hard to read. Is it possible to make this black again?

Keep up the good work!

@jdoree - I also like the idea of hiding the sidebar. I haven't tried your script yet as I don't have Greasemonkey but I'll no doubt give it a whirl in due course!

This message was edited Apr 15, 2008.
jdoree

Posted: Apr 16, 2008
@andy: I removed the !important from just your body: background and from the main: left and now my toggle sidebar script works perfectly with your new style.

Any chance you can remove this on your version so others can use both your wonderful style and my (hopefully) useful script together?
Andy

Posted: Apr 17, 2008
@jdoree i'm looking into how i can do this without breaking you script or mine. will let you know if/when i manage it. the problem is that removing the 2 !important means my layout doesnt look as good which was the whole point. i'm hoping to move things around to suit both of us.

@tonyboyle thanks for the feedback. the dea with the light grey was based round my own usage. if i don't assign priority to a task, to me that means its not very important. i liked the sliding scale of black/grey according to priority.

i'm already realising that maybe i should have one theme for my personal use, and one that suits more people (i've already moved to a fluid layout version for my own use, but it only works well for the amount of columns i use). i'd be interested to know how people feel about the colouring of tasks according to priority. would you prefer a sliding scale to make high priority tasks more visible, or different colours for different priorities?
jdoree

@andy: I've removed those 2 !importants from your script on two of my machines and it didn't affect the look of your style at all. I'm on both Mac and Windows FF; latest versions.

What changes are you seeing?
kleerkoat

that is a nice look!
TonyB

@ Andy - thanks for your comments. I didn't realise that you were aiming for a sliding scale of text intensity depending on the urgency of the task.

Personally I'd prefer that all tasks were properly visible, no matter what the priority. After all, this makes it easier to do our GTD weekly review. Also, it might be an age thing (I'm in my 40s) but I always find very light grey text on websites hard to read - perhaps eyes get less sensitive as they get older!

Therefore I think colour coding tasks depending on priority would suit me better, although I'm looking forward to hearing what others think.
tarch

Very nice look. The link seems to be temporarily down. Any other options? Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Hey, the redesign that you are working on is really nice. Keep up the good work and we may incorporate it into Toodledo as an alternate style that users can select in their account settings.
tarch

Got it working. Fantastic!! The greyed out text is a little difficult to read though. I prefer all tasks at the same intensity. Otherwise, a great upgrade.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.