Search results for "Posted by SES21"
SES21

Posted Sep 30, 2015 in: Hotlist view of little use
Score: 0
  • SES21
  • Posted: Sep 30, 2015
  • Score: 0
Posted by e20.09g:
Yes, Hotlist is pretty useless, Saved searches are the way to go.

I wish there was a way to move the searches button to the top of the left-hand icon menu.

Jake & Bridget have said that rearranging icons in the ribbon MAY be a possibility in this new design update. I wouldn't hold my breath but you might keep your fingers crossed! Then again, you could just put in a vote for it in the Ribbon thread or something...
SES21

Posted Sep 15, 2015 in: Most requested Feaures
  • SES21
  • Posted: Sep 15, 2015
Hey Jake, thanks for that response! What do you think of my idea about a poll to let users choose between 2 or 3 of your next planned feature implentations when you're ready to start on a new one?
SES21

Posted Sep 14, 2015 in: Android location based notifications
  • SES21
  • Posted: Sep 14, 2015
Posted by Jake:
This is a planed upgrade to both of our apps.

Jake, does that mean it will take into account Start Date not reached yet, regardless of "Hide Future," & the = & > Due Date modifiers? I don't filter out/hide any tasks on Android or the web so I want to make sure these other things will have an effect on location-based alarms.
SES21

Posted Sep 14, 2015 in: Most requested Feaures
  • SES21
  • Posted: Sep 14, 2015
I'd like to see this also but I'd bet that Start Date alarms or hierarchical/dependent subtasks is highest on the request list (but not necessarily on the to-do list).

Going a step further, what would be really cool is to see Jake & crew create a poll each time they're ready to work on a new feature. Put only 2-3 items in it from their implementation list (no write-in votes) & get users to vote on which one of those they want next. That would still maintain the flexibility that Jake wants but also give users the voice that we want. Seems like it would be a win-win.
SES21

Posted Sep 13, 2015 in: Bump task to next deadline
  • SES21
  • Posted: Sep 13, 2015
The IFTT idea would end up creating a lot of tags if you included dates! I'm not sure exactly what you have in mind to do with the "not done" dates so two possibilities come to mind. Maybe one will work for you...

Set up the Optionally on for your Journaling task with a recurrence of Weekly, either from Completion or Due Date, whichever fits. Check it off or not as appropriate THEN:

1. Use Search to show when you have done the task & you can probably easily identify weekly dates missing from the list.

OR

2. Create a corresponding task "Didn't Journal" with an optional Due Date & Weekly recurrence settings that match your Journaling task & complete one of the two each week. This approach would work better with recurrence from Due Date rather than Completion Date.

Again, since you didn't say what you're trying to accomplish with the non-completion tracking, that's the best I could think of. If you give us a little more detail, we might be able to come up with additional methods.
SES21

Posted Sep 01, 2015 in: width of note
  • SES21
  • Posted: Sep 01, 2015
Posted by Jake:
Please try now. We removed most of the changes we made to make notes easier to read, so it should be nearly full width now. We did make sure that the note doesnt scrolls horizontally, since that was the main thing we were trying to solve.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! That is a major improvement! Please don't forget to change it on the beta, too. Thanks again, Jake!
SES21

• SES21
Posted by Jake:
This was an accident. It has been fixed. Thanks for letting us know.

It needs to be fixed in the beta, too. Please & thank you!
SES21

Posted Sep 01, 2015 in: width of note
  • SES21
Posted by Jake:
Please refresh your browser and see if it is better. We had made the note field narrower to improve readability, especially on wider monitors, but since people didn't like this we have backpeddled a bit and found a place in the middle that keeps the note wider, but still prevents it from going off the right hand side of the screen if the note is really wide.

Jake,

My Note box only extends halfway across my browser now & I don't even have my browser maximized. On a 1920x1200 screen that measures ~13" across, my browser is using ~10 3/4" of that & the full height top to bottom. I have Notes that now take 1/3rd of my browser's vertical screen space but only half the width. That is just too much wasted space! This is crazy & unproductive. Please at least give us an option to have a full-width Note box!

This message was edited Sep 01, 2015.
SES21

• SES21
Jake,

I sure hope you'll consider making this narrower Note box a settings option! Default it to on if you like but please give us a choice of having a wider Note box.

I really dislike scrolling & I had things set so I didn't need to scroll horizontally. The auto-collapse ribbon will restore that but the skinny Notes box is causing me much unneccessary vertical scrolling now! Please give us an option.
SES21

Posted Aug 31, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
Score: 2
  • SES21
  • Posted: Aug 31, 2015
  • Score: 2
Posted by Jake:

We did change the width of the notes attached to a task. Before, notes were the full width of the task list, <snip>... </snip> So, we shrunk the maximum width of the note a little bit to make it easier to read.

Jake, is there any chance this could be a settings option?

I tend to keep running notes on some tasks, particularly repeating ones, & have been formatting my notes to make them easily legible in the original Notes box. I get your column width point but, for me, it's made them less legible & also takes more vertical screen space = scrolling because that right half is now wasted. It seems odd that you're trying to give us more width overall & reduce the likelihood of horizontal scrolling, only to shrink the Notes box because it used to require that same scrolling you're trying to eliminate - & replace it instead with vertical scrolling!

Please, seriously, consider making this shrunken Note box an option!
SES21

Posted Aug 28, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
Score: 1
  • SES21
  • Posted: Aug 28, 2015
  • Score: 1
Posted by Bridget:
Hey Toodledo Users, we have another survey for those who are interested in participating.

This survey directly pertains to the new ribbon navigation, as well as the experimental hover to collapse and expand functionality.

Toodledo Ribbon User Survey

*If you have not yet tested our new experimental hover to collapse and expand functionality you can check it out in our beta site. Sign up at http://www.toodledo.com/info/beta.php.

Thanks in advance,

:)

Bridget

Took the survey. While trying to make new lines in the final comment section using Enter key, accidentally submitted my comments & the whole survey. The rest of that last comment was going to be:

As long as I'm wishing, I'd like to see hovering over a particular icon actually auto-expand to *that* section's menu where we could click on the particular choice within that view, e.g., in Main>All Tasks view, move cursor over Dates>auto-expand Dates menu>click on Today shows Dates-Today view>move cursor away>auto-collapse Ribbon. Might be too much work for devs but it's one less click every time for users!
SES21

Posted Aug 25, 2015 in: Redesign progress: Navigation bar
  • SES21
  • Posted: Aug 25, 2015
I noticed the favicon changes to correspond to the category you're in (Outlines, Lists, etc) except that Notes uses the same favicon as Tasks. Shouldn't this switch to use the Notes icon like the others do theirs?
SES21

Posted Aug 25, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
  • SES21
Odd behavior:

Notes does not seem to remember that the ribbon was collapsed when you navigate back to it but the other areas do.

When you click back onto Lists with the ribbon collapsed, there is this quick, almost jerky, expansion/contraction thing that happens & then it's all fine.
SES21

Posted Aug 25, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
  • SES21
I mostly like it but would like to see a few tweaks.

1. Please allow auto-expand/collapse on mouse-over/off like the prior view could be set. I worked hard to get my columns set just right so I wouldn't have to see a bottom scroll bar unless I had the left nav expanded & then I was focused more on it than the task list itself. The collapsed ribbon can stay visible on the left; I just don't want to have to do all this extra clicking to get things done.

2. Please consider putting the Calendar back at the bottom of the list. The other views, until you get to Search, are all possible task columns. Having those interrupted by Calendar is distracting. Rather than placing Calendar last like it was, heavy users might appreciate having Search remain at the very bottom so it's easier to spot.

3. Did you decrease the font size on the task counts in the ribbon? Or maybe the font color was changed? The counts are not as easy to read as they originally were (not the interim font size change last week). Maybe it's because they're not in the ovals any more. I don't know exactly but they aren't as clear as they had been.

PS. You forgot to mention the new K bubble in the lower right to expand/collapse KB shortcut hints.

PPS. Speaking of KB shortcuts, why doesn't "w" work to toggle dividers on Notes like it does on Tasks?

This message was edited Aug 25, 2015.
SES21

Posted Aug 17, 2015 in: TaskUnifier - creating a task searcher
  • SES21
  • Posted: Aug 17, 2015
I thought Ben planned to fix any TU bugs, just not add any new features. Are you saying that he's decided otherwise or just that there are unfixed bugs? Perhaps he's not aware of them?

This message was edited Aug 17, 2015.
SES21

• SES21
  • Posted: Aug 17, 2015
Hey gang, since you bought MyToodle & turned it into the official Toodledo Android app, don't you think it should be removed from the 3rd party Android app page? Thanks!
SES21

Posted Aug 14, 2015 in: Redesign progress: Navigation bar
  • SES21
  • Posted: Aug 14, 2015
Posted by SES21:
Posted by Jake:
ok, I think the fuzzy type issue is fixed now. We had made the text color very very dark grey instead of black, and I think thats what did it.

That's better but still not quite there. Take a close look at numbers, in particular 6 & 8 & in left nav. I'm using Firefox right now but I also use Chrome & Chromium a lot. Haven't checked the latter two yet.

Jake, I didn't articulate very well in my last post. Please look at the task count numbers in the left nav, especially 6 & 8. They're harder to distinguish since the change. The words are plenty clear, it's just the number area that's an issue.

Also, I use the disappearing left nav & there's a rectangle remnant at the bottom left that doesn't go away with the rest of it.
SES21

Posted Aug 12, 2015 in: Redesign progress: Navigation bar
  • SES21
  • Posted: Aug 12, 2015
Posted by Jake:
ok, I think the fuzzy type issue is fixed now. We had made the text color very very dark grey instead of black, and I think thats what did it.

That's better but still not quite there. Take a close look at numbers, in particular 6 & 8 & in left nav. I'm using Firefox right now but I also use Chrome & Chromium a lot. Haven't checked the latter two yet.
SES21

• SES21
Posted by Jake:
The issue where "multi-line" view wasn't going full width on large monitors is now fixed. snip...

Thanks, Jake! Anything on my fuzzy type issue?
SES21

• SES21
Posted by Chris:
That green '1' notification is bugging the hell out of me (like Dave above)! How can I make it go away?

Based on the green coloring, it appears to be tied to the message about the monthly sweepstakes, at least for me. I suspect if you enter that, it will go away but can't prove it because I didn't. If that is indeed the case, they need a "mark as read" or x or something to dismiss it or it's probably going to distract & irritate a lot of people.

I thought about entering the sweepstakes by tweeting something to the effect of "I'm only doing this so I can get rid of the annoying green '1' notification on my screen!" Do you think that would disqualify my entry?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6      Next