ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Joyce"
Joyce

Posted Jul 19, 2017 in: Barcode scanner interface?
Score: 0
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Jul 19, 2017
  • Score: 0
I question if this is a practical request since most of the diet apps out there, like fitbit and myfitnesspal had rocky starts with barcodes and nutrition info. In other words, this sounds nifty, but may be more complicated to set up than you might imagine.

I use a menu and recipe program called Paprika and I have a par list for my home and circumstance set up as a recipe, each week I add that, along with whatever meals and such, then I edit based on what I still have. So if I've decided there should be 2 bags of frozen peas on hand (par) and when I edit my list and look in the freezer, Oh! I only have 1 bag left...so I adjust my list.

Yes it takes some time to set up, but it works pretty well. I live way out in the sticks, the nearest chain grocery is about 20 miles although we have a small privately owned market 5 miles away. I HAVE to plan carefully. otherwise I wind up either paying more or going without.
Joyce

Posted Mar 30, 2017 in: Toodledo App vanished from my iphone?
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Mar 30, 2017
I'm confused, my phone hard crashed this morning and when I rebooted it Toodledo was missing. so I went to my computer to see about reinstalling it, It's no longer in my app list.

At least one other app also went missing, but it's still in my app list.

I don't think Toodledo will be able to provide anything more than information, but even that has lots of value.

HELP?

Never mind, Found it

This message was edited Mar 30, 2017.
Joyce

Posted Mar 26, 2017 in: Sub-Tasks
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Mar 26, 2017
You can write a list of tasks in the notes section and then when you need to use them open subtasks on your task, to the right of the box for enetring the title of the task you will see "add multiple tasks" click on that and you will get a big box that instructs you to enter each subtask on it's own line, so if you write your note like this you can cut and paste it into the box.

Interview and determine if all information is available.
Perform job
Review job
Deliver job
Bill job.

then you can add the attributes for all the tasks at once. If the due dates differ don't add them here. add them after you create the sub tasks.

Does this help?

This message was edited Mar 26, 2017.
Joyce

Posted Jan 25, 2017 in: Task folders vs. Notes folders
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Jan 25, 2017
You can go into the organization section and create more folders, how many folders are you thinking of?
Joyce

• Joyce
  • Posted: Jan 09, 2017
That would be cool even for us non intense users!
Joyce

Posted Jan 06, 2017 in: Potential Bug in Outlines
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2017
So I guess I did the second one to myself as I was trying to see how the menu would behave in different browsers. Figures! Thank you for looking into the menu box problem. :)
Joyce

Posted Jan 05, 2017 in: Potential Bug in Outlines
Score: 1
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2017
  • Score: 1
I was making an outline and two things happened, thing one is that when I am at the bottom of a page and I click on the chevron to the right of a list item it only opens the pop up menu down so i can't see all the choices that are there. I first went and tried to pull down on the page to make more room, but that made the pop up menu disappear. this is somewhat normal expected behavior, however when I reopen the pop-up menu I still can't see the last couple of choices on it. Shouldn't that be opening upwards if one is near the bottom of a page?

The other thing that was happening was that I was getting a pop-up message saying that my outline had been updated to a newer version, completely uncalled for by me. Worse, when that happens items that I had tabbed (usually rightward) had moved back to the left. Maybe Outlines needs a save button?

I'm on a Macbook pro and this happened in Chrome, Safari and Firefox. I also rebooted my computer, because I always think I'm the one doing it wrong.

Thanks as always
Joyce

Posted Dec 27, 2016 in: Shopping list ?
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Dec 27, 2016
I use tasks that way to remind me to fetch odd items, for example, a reminder to look for a thing in Target or Penneys, I use a mac/iOS based program for my primary grocery list because it meets most of my needs and it populates my list with the items I need to make a given meal.

Do you plan your meals out? Like I buy the foods I need for 5 dinners plus the stuff we need for lunches and breakfasts, these are in what I call my par list. I do need to check what I have against my par list and edit it that way. Or are you more random than that?

Do you have a semi static list you buy each week?
Joyce

Posted Dec 18, 2016 in: Should I use repeating tasks or lists?
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Dec 18, 2016
In your note section, writes the 20 tasks out, one task per line. Then you can batch add them by copy and paste under "Add multiple tasks"
Joyce

• Joyce
  • Posted: Dec 17, 2016
Generally you will be told to look at the site in a browser on the device. if you have all the columns showing and are looking at it with the device in landscape you will see it as you wish, however it will be mouseprint on most phones. I imagine it will fare better on a tablet. You can change the order of columns to get the most important ones just to the right of the title of the task but what you really want to stop and ask yourself is what info you want displayed where, and why.
Joyce

• Joyce
  • Posted: Dec 03, 2016
you can't manually order tasks. Sometimes they'll line up by due date or you can number them and use alphabetic sort to keep them in order. I don't know if that will hold together in a saved search.
Joyce

Posted Nov 29, 2016 in: How to order my tasks
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Nov 29, 2016
There is a work around using alphabetic sorts, What I did early on was to give contexts numbers and then tasks numbered in that series. I then use the alphabetic setting and that arranges my tasks into roughly the proper order. I have many repeating daily household tasks that I arranged into Morning (100) today (200) afternoon (400) and evening (500)

1st context is 100, Morning
101 is the first task
102 is the next

If you may need to insert a task you can set up repeating tasks
so a task you number as 111 will land between 110 and 115

I left gaps so if I need to open a new context that I want to land in a specific place in the order I can use 300, 600 or 700 or whatever.
If you have subtasks it's best to keep them indented so they stay with the parent task. I don't add tasks except on the website or in the iOS App. so I don't know how well that would work out.

Hope this helps
Joyce

Posted Jun 02, 2016 in: New Section: Lists
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Jun 02, 2016
Making a set of tasks with subtasks from a two level outline with just a couple of clicks would be AMAZING!

Generally though batch add does this by means of cut and paste from a numbered note, it's just a question of having to take time to break it into pieces and format it...This is how I handle occasional task sets that don't have a clearly defined repeat cycle.
Joyce

Posted May 18, 2016 in: ToodleDo - STILL the Best!
  • Joyce
  • Posted: May 18, 2016
I too adore Toodledo. It keeps my world organized and sane. It's adaptable and I love love love the habits where I can keep track of how I'm actually doing to create a new habit. You're also super responsive.

I can store all manner of useful things in my notes, outlines and tasks and they'll be there for me when I need them.

Toodledo is my Flylady Control Journal and I LOVE it!!
Joyce

Posted Apr 09, 2016 in: Multiple Day Tasks
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Apr 09, 2016
There are two ways you could do this, one would be a task that says; "Vacation Black out April 15-30th" then use today as your start date and either April 15th or 30th as you due date, when you are done your vacation just check it off and it will go poof! Be aware that if you have future tasks hidden this may hide too. Although with a start date of today that shouldn't happen.

You can also put it as a repeating task. although that might be a pain.
Joyce

• Joyce
  • Posted: Dec 24, 2013
I had an issue with this and solved it with brute force. I print my tasks (in my case with the notes for each task displayed) then I take the printed copy and photocopy at 150%. It comes out very legibly and at a normal print size. Due to restrictions where I work toodledo collaboration isn't an option.

When I was preparing a records review I did this again, (150% enlarge)turning the paper to landscape and had a very accessible and manageable worksheet.

I usually work online, but many of my co-workers need to know what items I'm looking for, so lists get printed fairly frequently. I may yet have to buy a sub, but so far I've been making it work without.
Joyce

Posted Nov 20, 2013 in: New Section: Lists
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Nov 20, 2013
jneville is me, it's a work account, I have one sad complaint, a list limit of 30 items? I understand limits but I've never hit my head on one before. I can't subscribe for my work, or for one single feature, all the limit does is annoy me, and I'm sure others. How about a limit of say 100?

When I first hit the limit I thought I'd just jump into a second list but that will fox the alphabetization of what I'm doing...

I'm sad, It was such an awesome list!!
Joyce

Posted Jun 07, 2013 in: New Section: Outlines
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Jun 07, 2013
I am not as computer savvy as most of you, and I was excited to see this until I realized that it's tutorials are not up and running, or if they are I don't know how they're supposed to work. and there's no video tutorial.

So I reserve judgement until I see videos.
Joyce

Posted Mar 09, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Mar 09, 2013
My expectation is that the newer look will improve with each successive update and I will eventually be able to step up.
Joyce

Posted Mar 02, 2013 in: Suggestion: Big Calendar
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Mar 02, 2013
Have to admit a calender that syncs with google was why I was playing around with pocket informant.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6      Next