ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Big Fred"
Big Fred

Score: 0
  • Big Fred
  • Posted: Mar 11, 2018
  • Score: 0
In the meantime, create a search that just looks for Today's tasks. That still works.
Big Fred

• Big Fred
  • Posted: Mar 11, 2018
The same thing happened to me.

This happened last year with Daylight Savings Time. Look for instructions tomorrow, I'm guessing.
Big Fred

Posted Jun 02, 2017 in: Adding tasks with Apple Watch App
  • Big Fred
  • Posted: Jun 02, 2017
Posted by Dave:
I apologize if this is documented or was asked already - I could not find it in any searches. When I add multiple tasks via voice on my Apple Watch using the ToodleDo Apple Watch app, only the last entered task is transferred to the ToodleDo IOS app. Is this by design, a limitation of some sort, or a bug? I sometimes think of a few things to add to my task list at once, and like to enter them through the Apple Watch app for convenience. Because of this limitation I've found, I have resorted to asking Siri on my Apple Watch to add a reminder and then import the reminders into the IOS ToodleDo app (Apple's reminders app does not have this same limitation).

I don't see how to add tasks via voice on my Apple Watch. I have the Toodledo app installed on the Watch. Furthermore, the application on the Watch simply seems to bring up a Hotlist. It looks nothing like the picture of the app on the Watch at https://www.toodledo.com/info/applewatch.php

Any info would be appreciated.
Big Fred

Posted Jun 09, 2016 in: Apple watch complication?
  • Big Fred
  • Posted: Jun 09, 2016
I am developing an Apple Watch complication that will work with almost all the major task programs, including Toodledo. You will LOVE IT. I just need 30 days or so.
Big Fred

• Big Fred
  • Posted: May 29, 2016
I think it would be cool to have a sort of "format painter" where you can right-click on a task and then "paint" its format (star, repeat, length, tag, etc.) onto another task. The only part that wouldn't be "painted" is the name of the task. I suppose you can do this now with DUPLICATING a task and then just changing the name. :)

Just a thought.

Probably a stupid idea. Ha!
Big Fred

Posted May 29, 2016 in: Task counter (number of tasks)
  • Big Fred
  • Posted: May 29, 2016
Posted by Sabina A.:
Hello,

We're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please try clearing your browsers cache and then refresh?

That worked. Thanks.
Big Fred

Posted May 22, 2016 in: Task counter (number of tasks)
  • Big Fred
  • Posted: May 22, 2016
In my browser, the number of tasks does not update when I refresh the screen. The correct number is at the bottom of the screen, however. Has anyone else noticed this?
Big Fred

Posted Dec 13, 2015 in: Saved search sort on iPhone app
  • Big Fred
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2015
Will batch edit ever make it to Searches on iOS app? Would love that.
Big Fred

Posted Dec 13, 2015 in: Progress Report - November 2015
  • Big Fred
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2015
3D touch for iOS on latest iPhones and Apple Watch complication that ONLY assists in adding a dictated task with 2 taps, please! Please don't make the Apple Watch complication a mini version of the iOS app like you've done so far.
Big Fred

• Big Fred
  • Posted: Nov 04, 2015
Jake, you rock.
Big Fred

Score: 2
  • Big Fred
  • Posted: Oct 31, 2015
  • Score: 2
I have an iPhone 6s with the new 3D touch feature. I'd love it if Toodledo expanded its capabilities to include this new feature in iOS for the iPhone. Specifically, I'd love one of the 3D touch menu items to be "Add a Task." Thanks!!
Big Fred

Posted Jul 11, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
Score: 5
  • Big Fred
  • Posted: Jul 11, 2015
  • Score: 5
Has anyone suggested color-coding the "chain" --> red link = no (fail), green link = yes (done), grey link = not marked either way yet. This would supply just a touch more info at a glance. Thanks!

Oh, and although I know you don't comment on time frames, could you please (in this case) let me know if this idea will be implemented on, say, October 8th? (December 2 works well, too.) Thanks in advance.

:)

This message was edited Jul 11, 2015.
Big Fred

Posted Jun 04, 2015 in: Toodledo for Apple Watch
  • Big Fred
  • Posted: Jun 04, 2015
Posted by Big Fred:
In my mind, all other features PALE in comparison to simply tapping the Watch in order to add a task.

The Apple Watch -- as all the top reviewers seem to now agree -- is a device for GLANCES and ONE or TWO clicks, never more. For any light-lifting (never mind medium- or heavy-lifting!), we have our phones. I think that's why the ability to see, sort, search, etc., are all danger zones, if not missing the point altogether.

I really hope the app for the Apple Watch: (1) sticks to hotlist only (or maybe a user-defined list, but that's what hotlist is), (2) makes adding tasks a simple tap with Siri ready to take the note, (3) the ability to mark a task on the hotlist as done or deleted. Of these three, Number 2 is the most important. It's what one needs to do in a flash without pulling up the iPhone and finding the app.

Actually, would you consider a separate app that permits Toodledo to be a "complication" in the corner of the Watch and then simply permits the addition of a task upon tapping the complication? That's it. I would use it 10 times a day, at least. Everything else would be easier on our iPhones WHICH WE HAVE ON US. The ONLY thing at which the Apple Watch could kick the iPhone's figurative rear end would be a one-touch app on the Watch for adding a new task without having to pull out the phone, launch the app, etc.

This message was edited Jun 04, 2015.
Big Fred

Posted May 24, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
Score: 2
  • Big Fred
  • Posted: May 24, 2015
  • Score: 2
One of your suggested habits is "Be happy." That sort of pisses me off.

Just throwin' it out there.

:)
Big Fred

Posted May 24, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
  • Big Fred
Love the Habits addition to Toodledo. Love, love!

Can you consider this for the Apple Watch -- AS A SEPARATE APP?

Of course even though I'd like to see it as a separate app, it should integrate into the data stored on the web.

The reason I'd like you to make this a SEPARATE APP rather than part of the implementation of your task app is that the Watch apps that are truly useful minimize taps. Even if one has to scroll or swipe or other maneuver from the task part of a Watch app to the habit part, that's one gesture too many, in my opinion.

To summarize: please make Toodledo Habits a separate and exceedingly simple app for the Apple Watch.

Love you guys!!
Big Fred

Posted May 24, 2015 in: Toodledo for Apple Watch
Score: 1
  • Big Fred
  • Score: 1
In my mind, all other features PALE in comparison to simply tapping the Watch in order to add a task.

The Apple Watch -- as all the top reviewers seem to now agree -- is a device for GLANCES and ONE or TWO clicks, never more. For any light-lifting (never mind medium- or heavy-lifting!), we have our phones. I think that's why the ability to see, sort, search, etc., are all danger zones, if not missing the point altogether.

I really hope the app for the Apple Watch: (1) sticks to hotlist only (or maybe a user-defined list, but that's what hotlist is), (2) makes adding tasks a simple tap with Siri ready to take the note, (3) the ability to mark a task on the hotlist as done or deleted. Of these three, Number 2 is the most important. It's what one needs to do in a flash without pulling up the iPhone and finding the app.

This message was edited May 24, 2015.
Big Fred

• Big Fred
  • Posted: Aug 06, 2014
Jake, is there an ITA on the iOS 8 problem? Seems like we might be in Beta 5 for two weeks, maybe another Beta, and then Gold Master. Will we have to wait over a month? I hope not!! Thanks!
Big Fred

• Big Fred
  • Posted: Jul 24, 2014
Hello,

I recently did the iOS 8 beta 4 update to my iPhone and iPad, but every time I try to run Toodledo on either device it crashes upon opening. I've tried some of your tips for restarting the phone, and re-installing the app, but nothing has worked thus far. Just curious if anyone else has encountered this problem??

Thanks!!

This message was edited Jul 24, 2014.
Big Fred

Posted Jun 28, 2014 in: iPhone Sync
  • Big Fred
  • Posted: Jun 28, 2014
Yup! Thanks!
Big Fred

Posted Jun 14, 2014 in: Export or copy to clipboard
  • Big Fred
  • Posted: Jun 14, 2014
If would be really cool if I could do a search and then have the option to copy the "Task" fields to my clipboard to be able to, for instance, paste them in an email or to another program. Currently after a search I can do four or five things: collapse, print, etc. I'm suggesting adding a function here to copy to clipboard. I could now "print" to a PDF and then copy the Task fields to memory but the items get cut off if the tasks are a little long because I can't figure out how to see my entire Task -- I can only see the first line.

Any thoughts?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next