ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Larry3"
Larry3

Posted Jul 18, 2021 in: Cursor message
Score: 0
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Jul 18, 2021
  • Score: 0
I just discovered that if at tasks.toodledo.com it only displays a small popover of click here... and not the second line. Perhaps because I have the new layout at start rather than old layout?
Larry3

Posted Jul 17, 2021 in: Cursor message
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Jul 17, 2021
On the web access when I hover the mouse over the check box a small message box shows with instructions to click box to mark complete and under that the date of the task. How do I disable this popup? I don't recall seeing it in the past.
Larry3

Posted Jul 14, 2021 in: iOS Update - June 2020
Score: 2
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Jul 14, 2021
  • Score: 2
In case you didn't know, Toodledo was sold and the new owners have just posted some additional information on the Blog.
Larry3

Posted Feb 17, 2021 in: anyone have trouble cancelling account?
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Feb 17, 2021
Posted by alex.rybyansky:
I have troubles since subscription was cancelled (by some reason, I didn't cancel it), but money still charged from my account.
I submitted a ticked and renewed subscription to speed up ticket processing, but now I am charged twice, both on new and old "subscription start dates". Waiting for them to respond to the ticket.

If it were me I’d cancel all accounts and then file claim with credi card company so they will stop processing payments and refund prior payments.

Toodledo seems to be abandonware. They don’t answer tickets and no more communication. If you look at other posts in this topic many have indicated same problem re cancelling
Larry3

Posted Feb 10, 2021 in: Regarding the status choices
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Feb 10, 2021
I'm sorry to say the general consensus is that Toodledo is abandonware. No communication, bug fixes, updates of any importance since early last year. Last I heard 500 tech support requests that have gone unanswered so I wouldn't count on any replies to your request.
Larry3

Posted Jan 31, 2021 in: Google Calendar Sync Work for You?
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Jan 31, 2021
By the way, I seen that the last time Anant visited this site was Jan 27, 2021 but I don't see where he actually posted anything. I don't know what "visited" means either.
Larry3

Posted Jan 31, 2021 in: Google Calendar Sync Work for You?
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Jan 31, 2021
Posted by Notable:
That is a very negative comment that will scare users. What is your agenda? Have you reached out to tech support? Most companies have cut back to deal with Covid and forum maintenance is often left less checked. Don’t spread rumors if you haven’t checked directly.
I do think this sync feature needs work but I don’t get the sense that the team is not hard at work.
Post here if you have heard from the development or tech support.

Pardon my reaction to your post but.....

Re support - someone recently posted that there were 400+ support tickets ahead of them. No one that I've seen has said they've been in contact with tech support.

There has been no promised posts from the developers in months. Last forum post was May? If they are serious about keeping their business going any smart company owner would post that COVID has caused a slow down in all departments. But we have heard nothing. I know there is a short reply in this forum in July but wouldn't use that as a basis for hop.

The promised iOS beta releases have stopped.

Rumors? Yes, perhaps. But I prefer to think of various posts as disappointed conclusions. Everyone on these forums wants Toodledo to succeed but have given up hope.

Add to all this the fact they substantially raised their rates with the justification they need to have money to grow and survive. Well before COVID, but I've yet to see growth or timely bug fixes and app development.

I'm not sure why you think the team is hard at work. Do you know something that could correct our conclusions? I hope so.

Finally, agenda. I don't think anyone has an agenda except some anger at missed promises and lack of conversation. And disappointment that Toodledo seems to be abandoned.

I commend you for your optimism and I still Toodledo with 3rd party apps although I've been trialing replacements just in case. But I'm being a realist.

I would love it if a developer would call me out on this.....

This message was edited Jan 31, 2021.
Larry3

Posted Jan 30, 2021 in: Upgrade doesn't work
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Jan 30, 2021
Posted by Der Olli:
Thank you so much for these information.

That's really bad, as Toodledo has been better in function as the rest. Sigh.

But great that community still works!

Has anyone of you an advice which other service is most next to Toodledo? TODOIST misses some features on my opinion...

Thx from Hamburg (Germany)
Olli

Three of the most mentioned are Todoist, Remember the Milk, and TickTick. If you look around forum you'll see others mentioned. There's also a poll somewhere that one other user had done. From results of others nothing matched Toodledo so concessions will have to be made where ever you go.
Larry3

Posted Jan 30, 2021 in: Upgrade doesn't work
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Jan 30, 2021
Your best bet is to contact your credit card company to get your money back. Several on these forums have had the same experience as you.
Larry3

Posted Jan 22, 2021 in: Toodledo still alive?
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Jan 22, 2021
Posted by bandit:
Posted by Ummagumma:

I don't recall how Toodledo "carries forward" incomplete tasks. I assume you're talking about "recur after completion" functionality, where a task that is set to recur monthly will recur a month after the previous instance was completed, and not a month after its due date ? If so, GoodTask has this functionality. Not sure about other ones.

To have uncompleted tasks automatically carried forward set the due date as “Optionally on” and then specify how often, or when, you want it to repeat if you don’t get it done on the date. So if you specify you want it to repeat daily, if it’s not completed on the optional due date, it will automatically carry forward to the next day. You can also specify if you want it to carry forward to only specific week days, or other variations. It’s very flexible.

And, as long as you have your Toodledo email address, any email can be forwarded so that it becomes a task in Toodledo, so I’m hoping there are other to-do apps that have this same type of feature.

I think Todoist can do that based on the Project (their name for List). At least they used to as I had one for my ToDo list but haven't used it for over a year.
Larry3

Posted Jan 12, 2021 in: Toodledo still alive?
Score: 1
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2021
  • Score: 1
Posted by CharleneTX:
Posted by jeffsa1:
I've been looking for a replacement for Toodledo for awhile. Today I found Taskangel. I guess it's not well known because I haven't seen it on any of the lists of top task managers.
I'm writing this because I was able to install Taskangel and convert from Toodledo in about 15 minutes. My main worry has been what will happen if Toodledo suddenly isn't available one day. I think Taskangel is the answer. It looks and feels alot like Toodledo except faster.
I think it's at least given me another path to manage my tasks.

TaskAngel doesn't support Android, so that will limit the number of folks recommending it.

The developer is working on a cross-platform app. I'm not sure when he'll release it but it'll be cross-platform and won't use Toodledo servers.
Larry3

Posted Jan 11, 2021 in: Toodledo still alive?
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Jan 11, 2021
Posted by Jørn Lodahl:
I also realise where this is going. So I am looking for alternatives, just like a lot of you.

Have you found a reliable source, comparing task management software?

they have all pros and cons, most likely this is in a table somehere allready

I don't know of a table as such but some on this forum have done extensive testing and posted their observations. No other service equals Toodledo.

The names I've seen mentioned most frequently are Todoist, Remember the Milk, and TickTick. There are also some others that I haven't looked into myself as they either are platform specific or too expensive for me.

I can't point you to those posts but you can read posts over the last year and many mention suggested replacements.
Larry3

Posted Jan 06, 2021 in: We’re Back
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2021
Posted by cleve.chia:
I have just renewed my subscription, and to my horror, my account is not updated to reflect the paid status. Rather it continues to be under the free status.

I have logged a ticket for enquiry, and no one has replied to me yet.

Somebody from Toodledo, please respond as soon as possible to me.

Thank you.

I've seen a couple of people post similar messages. Don't count on any support ticket reply as last I heard there were several hundred already submitted. There has been no developer/owner comments on this forum or replies to any emails so the general feeling Toodledo is a dead product. I would contact my bank and cancel any charges and then move on to a new app
Larry3

Posted Jan 02, 2021 in: Toodledo still alive?
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Jan 02, 2021
For curiosity I looked at toodledo.com's registry. Seems icann reports it's good until April 21, 2021. If they don't renew then that I assume is the end of Toodledo.

I also checked Pink Java Media and while it's good until 2022 and some of their brands listed are good until later in 2021 one of their brands reported not found in Firefox. I also noticed a number of them were not secure which seems strange considering they are a web/internet focused company. Additionally they show 2018 as copyright date on home page. All companies I've ever checked would have current year if they are ongoing. So maybe Pink Java Media is in trouble too.
Larry3

Posted Dec 30, 2020 in: Subscription update delays?
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Dec 30, 2020
Posted by devdevmarie:
Update on this: There was a credit added to my bank account last night and now this morning both transactions are gone from my bank account with no action taken on my part. I'm glad it was removed, but this is probably a sign for the future of TD?

Keep a watch though. I don't know about your bank but I've seen transactions showing under a "Pending" category one day and then the next day it's gone but it shows up as an actual charge a day after. I think it has to do with the both bank (how much detail they show online) and the company processing the charge (bank arrangements and whether 3rd party processor is involved).
Larry3

Posted Dec 28, 2020 in: Subscription update delays?
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Dec 28, 2020
I would think it would be almost immediate as it's all automated. What with lack of support and communication I'd probably assume the worse and contact your credit card company.
Larry3

Posted Dec 25, 2020 in: TickTick? Sorting? Other Solutions?
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Dec 25, 2020
I mentioned TA syncing with Toodledo because of all our concerns that they won't be around for long. The developer of TA believes that too and is working on another syncing option. I don't know the details but I assume the new cross platform apps would have at least TA's features as he's been doing this for awhile.

My last conversation with him was he's actively working on the new app/system but didn't have a timeline for any release.

I for one am using both Task Angel and trialing other apps in parallel just to be prepared for the worst. It's more work but thankfully I don't have a tremendous number of tasks to manage.
Larry3

Posted Dec 24, 2020 in: TickTick? Sorting? Other Solutions?
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Dec 24, 2020
Right now Task Angel syncs via Toodledo servers which is fine for as long as their servers function. It can also sync via iCloud.

As far as Windows, I may be wrong but the license if for single user on multiple computers. I've installed on 2 Windows computer in the past without any problems. One was my main computer and one was for a backup computer. I also have on my iPhone and iPad. Unfortunately I've had leave my Windows behind and switched to Macbook.
Larry3

Posted Dec 11, 2020 in: Toodledo Notes Alternatives
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Dec 11, 2020
Simplenote also can import Evernote and text files. It's not as complex and doesn't use folders as in Evernote and OneNote but rather tags. It's also free and cross platform.
Larry3

Posted Dec 07, 2020 in: We’re Back
  • Larry3
  • Posted: Dec 07, 2020
Posted by jonathan.nissanov:
I miss toodeldo. After years of using it, I had to switch. After looking at many choices, I chose 2DO. It's not what I came to rely on in toodeldo. If you did truly revive it and offered an incentive to return, I would take it.

You can still sync with Toodledo and 2Do but you'd have to pay for more than the basic level. I know it doesn't sync all Toodledo features but it does a good job of the basics. Problem is, how long will Toodledo be around. Probably not long enough.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next