ForumsNewsToodledo Redesign - July 2011

Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
reinbach

Posted: Jul 29, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Actually, I had decided not to use Toodledo anymore as it happened to become too complex. Today, I came back to check out whether I'll have another try - and SURPRISE! Looks great, much easier, really cool - thanks!
Jason Spencer

Score: -1 Reference
Nothing short of brilliant. The UI is dope and the functionality is there. Toodledo could easily jump leaps and bounds beyond any competition. A major congratulations is owed to the entire team :)
Peter Sheffield

Firstly congratulations on a great UI. I liked your design criteria! My initial observations are:

1. Multi-line format
- the Contexts are out far right, which prevents minimizing of the browser window
- You have developed a lovely toolbar at the top of the page, but when you open the task instead of having the same quality toolbar you have a series of scattered fields
- Task note field editing is poor and it leaves asterisks all over the place if a task is emailed in - wish list incorporate a decent text editor.
2. The Notebook:
- This suffers from the same thing with the delete Icon, which is again out to the far right of the screen should. You can either put the delete icon next to the edit button or have a edit and delete icons at the from of each note along similar lines as you do already with tasks
- I like the Note window - could do with an optional one with tasks too (with a decent editor) ^_^

3. Side Menu Bar. It is fixed! It should move up and down with the scrolling page. BTW I like the fixed top.

Thanks
Michel_7

Thank you for the web site redesign. It is a huge improvement.
RMW

I posted about this already, but going to let you know again.
If I click on "Today" when setting the date for a task, it gives me July 27th, when today is July 29th. I think what is happening is your code is setting these variables when logging in. If I leave toodledo open for a couple of days and then start working with it again in the open session it is still retaining the old dates for today. My tasks end up in the wrong dates.
Bill Bennett

I love it! Makes much more sense.
dwenzeljr

Much Improved UI, adding tasks is on the left side now very convenient. Like the streamlined look. Great task manager. The only thing I could ask for is multiple folder support for the same task.
onlinetransition

+1 Please allow "HIDE LEFT SIDEBAR". Best to add functionality, not take away.
tcbeatie

I just wanted to start by saying that I love ToodleDo. My life has been 1000% more efficient since I started using it a couple of years ago.

That said, this redesign caught me COMPLETELY by surprise. I just hit reload and *POOF* there was a new reality before my eyes.

Now, I think I like the format, and it's just a matter of getting used to it, but some sort of warning would have been awesome.
pwwroa

Posted: Jul 31, 2011
Thanks again for the new format. The only thing I would still like is abilty to drag and drop task order in a project without having to put the tasks in a subtask.
And then the top task from each project would show in the NEXT FOLDER with the ability to filter which folders show in the next folder.
Keep up the great work
michelle.syc

Posted: Jul 31, 2011
Like it for the most part. The one feature I used all the time was taken away: the calendar feature. I liked the old view where I could see the calendar and click day-by-day to see the number of tasks due each day and how many had been completed. Not a fan of the new calendar.
jeffpankin

Posted: Aug 01, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I love the new look and feel. Thanks!
robert

Great job with the redesign. Thank you!
shaun

Posted by shaun:
Printing Problem please fix...
In the 'new' version a blank page prints and tasks only start to print out on page two. Big waste of paper. Please fix or provide instructions

Four days later and my problem is fixed. Thanks a lot and keep up the good work!!!
Jonas Ortman

Great new design!
moreda_1312231692

The new design is nice but the upper toolbar forces a big width even in multiline format.
per4mnce

Congratulations! The new UI looks great.
Shahar Or

Posted: Aug 03, 2011
Fantastic!
Kathy

I am a huge fan of Toodledo. The new design is great but I have to say the colour coordination is not the best. Dark blue and grey combination is slightly boring to the eye and not much really stands out.

Is it possible to allow personalisation of the colour scheme, similar to that of google calendar?
PhB_1310151273

Posted by ScottMNC:
Also the list view is too wide for my monitor. I have to scroll to the right to see due dates. Would be nice if it fit or if not, to be able to hide the left side control panel.

Yes, notebook users know the price of all these nice panels and tabs...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.