ForumsNewsToodledo Redesign - July 2011

Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
chris.oregan

Posted: Jul 26, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
I'm new to ToodleDo and still reading Getting Things Done. As such, I am not exactly pleased that the interface has changed while I am still trying to figure things out! But I have been tinkering a bit this evening and I am finding the new interface to be much more intuitive than the previous version. It's growing on me!

One observation so far: under 'View by Main', it would be nice if I could associate a sort with a sub-view. For example, I prefer to sort 'All Tasks' alphabetically but 'Hotlist' should be sorted by due date. Presently, it's "remembering" the current sort so it's an extra click when I switch between them to see things the way I want.

Thank you for your hard work!
13zebras

Score: -6 Reference
The redesign may be nice. But that is irrelevant. As a PRO SUBSCRIBER who actually paid money for this thing, I believe an EMAIL with some notice would have been nice. In advance.

Moreover, it would have been even better to retain the old look for those of us who were happy with it. Come on. It's a front end to a database. The database didn't change.

Needless to say, I will be thinking twice about renewing. I'm going to be checking out other options.

Poor business practice. Very poor.
Joyce

Score: 4 Reference
Another "colors please" person. Otherwise I like it a lot.
Attilio

Score: -2 Reference
I love it!
Attilio

Score: -1 Reference
Okay I'm playing around with the new design and I have a question.
I love the Notebook tab and I was expecting it to serve as an extended tool for jotting down notes related to a given task (I know this feature already exists: that's why I said "extended tool"). So: is there a way to "link" a Notebook page to a given task?
Thanks and great job!
gbranham

Score: 0 Reference
Like it. Thanks
RC-DC

Score: -2 Reference
Looks great! What a treat. Looks great in Chrome. It will take a few days to get used to, but I really like how you gave more visibility to the notebook. Simple, clean and functional.
Attilio

One more suggestion for improvement.
I like the "View By Calendar" display. It looks like there is no way to set the view to display tasks across more than one week. I tried highlighting two weeks or selecting two weeks pressing "CTRL" (actually "COMMAND" on my Mac) but looks like this feature wasn't implemented.
Thanks!
longying2011

Score: -3 Reference
the old layout is really bad.
i like the new design
pjl

Please bring back the text at the top of the list that displays the total number of tasks in the list. Being able to see that number helps motivate you to work on tasks and decrease the number.

The new color scheme for priorities doesn't work well. A higher priority becomes more yellow, which stands out less well against the white background. This means that the lower priority tasks stand out more in the list than the higher priority tasks.

This is a bit more subjective, but I prefer the old green color for tasks over the new drab gray color. Green has positive associations that make it more appealing to look at in a list of tasks. Gray is dreary and discouraging.
dannyw0011

One suggestion for the new UI...

In the left pane, below the "view by" section, it would be helpful to better identify which row is selected. The selected row has bold text, but it is still hard to differentiate.
mco

Posted: Jul 27, 2011
A very nice, tasteful job. I'm in love. Please redesign the iOS app along the same lines, especially the emphasized date, priority and status fields.
edschmookler

I think the new design looks awesome. I have always liked toodledo, but the appearance was its downside. Now it looks great. Thanks for the re-do.
jesus

Just jumped in to say...WOW! Beautiful surprise and excellent work!
Valdi

Score: 3 Reference
Posted by Tom:
The redesign may be nice. But that is irrelevant. As a PRO SUBSCRIBER who actually paid money for this thing, I believe an EMAIL with some notice would have been nice. In advance.

Moreover, it would have been even better to retain the old look for those of us who were happy with it..

+1

I´m a pro-subscriber as well and have been using Toodledo with Stylish and the 'Toodledo Focus' skin. I had everything working just the way I liked it after months of tweaking and then OUT OF THE BLUE this change which is incompatible with Stylish comes and with no way of selecting the old look (I assume, since there was no mention of such an option in the opening post of this thread).

Please, please, PLEASE add such an option in user settings (i.e. allow user to select original vs. new look in user profile). This would allow those of us using Stylish to change the look of Toodledo to continue working as we´ve become used to and then ease into the new look/settings if so desired.

While I applaud the efforts to improve and update Toodledo, this is not what I needed right now :-(

This message was edited Jul 27, 2011.
dormerod

Score: 2 Reference
I'm a pro user too, and for what it's worth I just came here to tell you guys what a great improvement the new design is.

Actually I don't really care what it looks like, but in terms of usability this is a huge improvement.

Thanks to everyone involved!
Gary

A bit of a surprise on opening but looks good.

Except, my employer runs IE7 as the network browser and all of the content is aligned left and to the bottom of the page. (If that makes any sense). I'm running chrome at home and looking forward to seeing it.
piyush_soni

Posted by Valdi:
OUT OF THE BLUE this change which is incompatible with Stylish comes

Add-ons and personal customizations have to make themselves compatible with a standard system(like a website), and not the other way round.
Lnae Luza

LOVE the new look/feel. It is SO much easier to edit my tasks, now. I agree with some who posted wanting the option to select multiple tasks and make global edits to them, but with one hand on the mouse and another on the keyboard, I can fly through the details.

...and if that is too much, I can Export to Excel and edit there.

Easy peasy. Thanks a babillion for a great product.
frioextrem

gracias por el nuevo diseño

desde que uso toodledo mi productividad ha aumentado al doble al poder agrupra los trabajos por ubicaciones, tengo una empresa de reparaciones y de verdad no puedo vivir si el, es la base de mi trabajo.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.