ForumsNewsToodledo Redesign - July 2011

Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 08, 2011
Score: 3 Reference
Sorry to be blunt, but if less than 10 people are experiencing the problem and we cannot reproduce the problem, then it is unlikely that we will be able to fix it. Please create a support ticket so that we can get the particulars about your configuration and see if this gives us any clues.
Pilar_G

Posted: Sep 14, 2011
Score: -1 Reference
I have been waiting for the "highliting by priority level" feature to be re-implemented. For me this was one of the most useful features but now I have to scroll to the left to see the priority level, which is too much of a hassle so I find that I have stopped using the priority classification all together. Are there any plans to reintroduce priority highliting, if not as a fixed feature at least as one that can be selected in the settings? That would be much appreciated...
Folke X

Posted: Sep 15, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
It was reintroduced perhaps a month ago. Check settings.
Pilar_G

Great!
davidshealy

Same here. 8000 chase employees out to lunch
Carola

Posted: Sep 21, 2011
Greatly improved. I decided to renew my subscription.
dpaddon

Posted: Sep 23, 2011
It was good when I first saw it eight months ago and it's better now. Thanks.
JPA_2 Post deleted
mco

Posted: Oct 07, 2011
I really like the web UI redesign. I know Toodledo doesn't comment on future plans, but I would be very, very happy if some of the design ideas in the web UI made their way into the iOS app. It's still functional, but not nearly as good as the new web UI.
brian

Posted: Oct 09, 2011
Score: -2 Reference
Posted by Toodledo:
Sorry to be blunt, but if less than 10 people are experiencing the problem and we cannot reproduce the problem, then it is unlikely that we will be able to fix it. Please create a support ticket so that we can get the particulars about your configuration and see if this gives us any clues.

I checked today and the speed problem disappeared. No change to my browser or config so some improvement must have beend one on your end.

-- Brian
j2020

Posted: Oct 11, 2011
Score: 3 Reference
Posted by brian:

I checked today and the speed problem disappeared. No change to my browser or config so some improvement must have beend one on your end.

-- Brian

I see in a previous post that you are using Firefox. I have experienced slowness problems (not just in Toodledo) with some releases of Firefox. I've also seen slowness due to plug-in problems. The McAfee Siteadvisor plug-in is a great example of this. Several times after browser and/or plug-in updates, it caused Firefox to virtually grind to a halt, despite the fact that the plug-in itself appeared to working normally. There is no overt indication that the problem is related to the plug-in, so it took a little while to discover that it was the cause. Next time you have an issue, try running Firefox in safe mode to eliminate the influence of plug-ins. Also, the version of FF you listed is out of date, so try updating it.

As an IT administrator, I often hear people say "nothing changed on my system" but they are unaware of a lot of the automated updates that take place in the background, or they make a change or update that they assume is unrelated to the problem so they rule it out prematurely. The cause of a problem isn't always connected in an obvious way to its symptoms.

This message was edited Oct 11, 2011.
jfiala.prague

Posted: Oct 27, 2011
I love Toodledo, and especially the iPad layout. Would it be possible to have an option for the same layout in the browser?

But you are doing a great job here on improvements - many thanks!
rachelhumphrey

Posted: Nov 09, 2011
Score: 2 Reference
I really miss having colors! Could there be some level of customization on that front? I prefer the more professional look, but having no colors at all is hard to read and completely uninspiring.
tania_elisha

Why is it so slow to refresh or do anything since the upgrade??

It's the same whether I use Chrome or Explorer. Not to mention work computer or home laptop.

P.S. Another vote to have colours back please. It just looks so dull now.

Thanks.

This message was edited Nov 09, 2011.
PeterW 

rachelhumphrey & tania_elisha:

There is a work-around that can be used to at least provide a bit of colour. Check out this thread:

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/11859/0/colour-choice-for-row-styles.html
tania_elisha

Posted: Nov 10, 2011
Thanks Peter - that's great to know.

Excuse my ignorance but how exactly do I do this?

Cheers,
Tania
PeterW 

Posted: Nov 10, 2011
tania_elisha,

Provided that you're using either FireFox or Google Chrome as your browser, all you need to do is install a free add-on named Stylish.

Stylish for FireFox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish/

Stylish for Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fjnbnpbmkenffdnngjfgmeleoegfcffe

Once Stylish is added into your browser, you can then install user scripts that have been created for Toodledo. Aside from the small script I posted in the thread linked above, you can find more here:
http://userstyles.org/styles/browse/toodledo?sort=updated_date&sort_direction=desc

This may seem a bit convoluted but it's fairly straightforward and once done, you don't need to do anything else. And you can edit any of the scripts to tailor them to your preference. For example, if you don't like one of the colours I've used in my script, you just replace the hex code (the code that starts with #) with something else. To find colour codes, you can use a website like this to find a colour and see it's hex code: http://www.colourlovers.com/.
andreyev.ivan

Posted: Nov 25, 2011
Is there any chance to expect an up-to-day clean-style design for the program? The new design is obviously better than before, and usability is OK, but the layout still looks like the decade ago. It's pretty hard using the product after the Google services and iOS experience.
tomeran

Posted: Feb 08, 2012
Yea where is the timer?.....
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 09, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
You may have to turn it on in your account settings under "Fields Used"
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.