ForumsNewsToodledo Redesign - July 2011

Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
jeremiah.moss

Posted: Jul 27, 2011
Score: 2 Reference
So played around with it a bit - not seeing any new features, but the UI itself is a lot, lot better. The layout is very much improved, it looks very professional, and I'm so glad it no longer looks like it was designed in the '90s :). It's much easier to use now. I definitely agree with the design decisions you've made so far.

. . . although I still wish multi-edit was available in more areas. And a few other things, but I guess now that you have a good base design, you can focus more on the feature side of things. Hope to see more improvements soon, this is a big step forward!
mikekorner

Score: -1 Reference
Posted by jeremiah.moss:

. . . although I still wish multi-edit was available in more areas.

+1 (as well documented here: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/10964/0/smarter-advanced-searching-pervasive-multi-edit.html)
michaelkamen

Very nice enhancements. Pleasantly surprised. Took very little time to make sense. Kudos to the Toodledo team!

Addendum: I do miss the wrapping of text, although I understand the intention to allow more items to be visible at once. From my point of view it would be good to have a word-wrap option. I would set it on word-wrap for sure.

This message was edited Jul 27, 2011.
Studio B Events, Inc

Love the new UI! I very much appreciate it.
Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 0 Reference
User1301000689

Score: 3 Reference
Please restore the ability to hide the left pane.
I used that a lot.
chm_1297377510

Please move the notes icon to the left hand side. I have a small screen, and while I've moved columns around, it's frustrating having to scroll right when I want to add notes to the task.

Otherwise I like the new layout.
Scott

In grid view you can change the note icon to be on the left - it's an option in the settings / show tasks as - area.

Posted by chm_1297377510:
Please move the notes icon to the left hand side. I have a small screen, and while I've moved columns around, it's frustrating having to scroll right when I want to add notes to the task.

Otherwise I like the new layout.
brett.tarr

Posted: Jul 28, 2011
Great new redesign...Much easier to use and slicker. I would like to have a little color back rather than so much grey but my biggest request is to fix a possible calendaring issue. For instance, when I go to the statistics tab I see that I completed 81 tasks on June 8th. However, when I go to my calendar and click on June 8th I see only one task completed. If you can fix that bug (and add in a dash of color to keep things looking interesting) that would be awesome!

Thanks!
ajiththomas

Posted by ajiththomas:
The look and feel is really nice.

However I'm experiencing a bug in the Note editting.

My platform : Windows 7 Professional + IE 9 + MS Outlook 2010 with an iPhone4 which syncs with Toodledo through Pocket Informant Ver 1.67

Everytime I open a note for editting it seems to add a couple of New Lines [Carriage Return] at each para. The number of CR seems arbitrary : seems greater as the line count increases - so much so that opening a 5 page note about 5 times for editting resulted in an unwieldy 340 page note which was rendered unreadable because of the scrolling down. I had to copy paste the corrupted note into a text editor and physically remove all the CR's. As I jot notes and rely quite heavily on my notes I have stopped editting the tasks on the new version of Toodledo which is a great inconvenience.

I've submitted a ticket and I hope you folks fix it asap.

:-)

You guys are awesome - thanks for the speedy bug fix - I tested it and it works just great!! I look forward to checking out all the new exciting features over next week which I'm sure will be really useful.

KUDOS to your software designers!!
rich_sargent

Score: 1 Reference
First impressions is great!!
Mert Ozyurek

Looks great !
Loved it...
andrea

Good job, I love it !!!
pele

I NEED to use "Todledo Dark II" skin by Vintom because of this great skin assigns color to task according to its priority.
It is really VERY useful and I cannot imagine using of Toodledo without it.

I have used this skin for two years but it is NOT WORKING now, AFTER REDESIGN!

Please help! I am subscriber and without colors I am not able to orientate, it is chaotic completely!
simon

I have been using Toodledo for years but I have to say that I am just loving the new design. It feels so completely intuitive already. I am hoping that in time we might see drag and drop and other niceties but meanwhile it's just great for me.

Simon.
marc.hershaft

Absolutely love this!
Andrew A

Wow... first impression is positive, but still need to kick the tires some. But thanks for making such a big spalsh! You really need to send an e-mail out pinging folks to let them know (especially those who might not have signed on in a while).
Linette.Isaacs

Posted: Jul 29, 2011
great job! new design looks much better and addresses many of the shortcomings with the old layout.
i agree with the hide sidebar comment posted by others which will avoid horizontal scrolling
Tom Mansel

I think it looks really great - a huge improvement. Well done, and I look forward to renewing my subscription as a result.
lee

tbh i hated the old one and was thinking of jumping ship!

Not anymore - it looks ace and much quicker to add tasks!!

Tell the world its great and free - its a no-brainer for all iphone users :)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.