ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by shelbyp"
shelbyp

Score: 0
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Jan 10, 2018
  • Score: 0
Note that to make a link open in a new window you can just middle-button click the link. I use that functionality all the time. I personally like to have my TD window open all the time so I just middle click any links I add. I prefer it as it is because as Jake correctly points out there is no way except by the default behaviour to force a link to open in the current window, however middle click always opens in a new tab.
shelbyp

Posted Jan 08, 2018 in: Bulk Delete Notes
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2018
I have also been doing a cleanup and would have liked a quicker delete. However as a quick suggestion, you can try using the mobile app. The swipe delete is much faster than using the website.
shelbyp

Posted Jan 05, 2018 in: bug in Notes sync on delete?
Score: 1
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2018
  • Score: 1
ok done! After further investigation, I noted that this was only happening for Notes created automatically through IFTTT, other Notes were synced on deletion normally. So not sure if I am doing something wrong, but I think there is a bug for IFTTT notes.
shelbyp

Posted Jan 04, 2018 in: bug in Notes sync on delete?
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Jan 04, 2018
Yes I did, in fact it has been synced several times automatically since toodledo syncs every time I start it. The notes were deleted some time ago. I have over 100 Notes on the website and 34 on the IPhone. I also just tested clicking manual sync and it does not help.

This message was edited Jan 04, 2018.
shelbyp

Posted Jan 04, 2018 in: bug in Notes sync on delete?
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Jan 04, 2018
From what I am seeing , Notes that I am deleting on my iphone are not being synced to the web. I have the latest version of the App on an Iphone 5s, and I use tasks.toodledo.com online.

I onlynoticed this now, because I rarely delete note. I deleted them on the IPhone because it is much quicker deleting with the swipe than online, but it looks like the changes haven't synced.
shelbyp

Posted Jan 01, 2018 in: ToodleDo Needs a Project Manager
Score: 2
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Jan 01, 2018
  • Score: 2
Posted by Jake:
I don't think its fair to say that there has been no major new functionality in over a year. We released the new Tasks section this year, which was a major endeavor, that took us many many months. It works great in mobile browsers too, offline even, which was a big deal for us. So if the iOS app isn't working great for you, you might want to give the website a try.

The issue here is that new Tasks and offline website are primarily UI improvements, I saw debates about this in the forums before and there were basically 2 camps, 1. UI is really important and 2. don't care that much about UI, would prefer to see core new features. The first group of users is probably really happy now. I have been a toodledo user for a long time and unfortunately some of the key missing features become blockers.

QUOTE: "Is there a way for us users to vote for what features we'd like prioritized? "

Agree with this request, Please see how for example Microsoft One Drive "Voice of the Customer" handles this.

This message was edited Jan 01, 2018.
shelbyp

Posted Dec 29, 2017 in: bug in notes sorting
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Dec 29, 2017
I am sorting by date modified. I found the issue though. More subtle than I thought. In fact I removed a folder and the notes which were in the folder are now appearing as modified . The notes were note modified but there location was modified so OK I understand what is happening and behaviour is justified.
shelbyp

Posted Dec 29, 2017 in: bug in notes sorting
  • shelbyp
I think there is a bug in the Notes sorting online. When I go to the All-Notes view I am seeing Notes included in the 1-2 weeks category which are a year or 2 old. It looks like the year is not being taken into account.
shelbyp

Posted Dec 29, 2017 in: ToodleDo Needs a Project Manager
  • shelbyp
Posted by ZachN:
There are issues ToodleDo has said "are on our list" from 2011, which to this day plague usability. Like Subtasks wont filter by due date if the parent task has a due date? Come on. The calendar view is practically unusable and the 3rd party plug-ins for gmail and outlook don't work?! I've asked several questions and always gotten the same response back. "It's on the list, not sure when it will be done." Does ToodleDo even use their product? I love this product, but I have noticed small things adding up that are infuriating about it. They seem like they could be fixed with a little follow through, if someone would just take the time and be accountable for getting the issues resolved. These are the kinds of issues that seperate good from great. And right now ToodleDo is on a sharp edge, teetering either way. ToodleDo's blog posting and forums has slowly dried up... is it any wonder? Whats the point when nothing gets fixed...
If ToodleDo would want someone who would champion their product while managing these kinds of projects we should talk. I believe wholeheartedly in the value of your brand... but you all are going to fail from a death of a thousand cuts if you do not get these issues figured out.

Similar comments were made in this recent thread:
https://beta.toodledo.com/forums/2/25275/0/what-to-look-forward-to-in-toodledos-development-.html

Main concern on my side is that there has been no major new functionality in over a year. Yes there are look and feel improvements on the website but I primarily use IPad /IPhone which have very little new functionality and many people are waiting for blocking issues to be solved.
shelbyp

Posted Dec 13, 2017 in: Categories for Habits
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2017
Posted by Purveyor:
One extra field, please, along with the ability to filter by that field: category or folder or type or something else.

I'd to categorize my habits into Personal, Work and Exercise so that I can view those habits (and only those habits) at the appropriate time and place.

Also, there are many other suggestions here New Section: Habits, but there have been no new features in the past two years.

Very late reply to this thread, but I agree with your comment that there have not been any new features for habits! I really would like to use this section, but I had to stop and revert back to repeating tasks unfortunately, because one key feature is missing in this section , and that is the ability to schedule more flexibly e.g. twice a week, 3 times a month. This feature is available in just about any habit app. Typically things like exercise, music practice, etc are all best modeled as x times per week and simply cannot be modeled as a occurring on a specific day.

Anyway this feature is already on the todolist without "comments on timeframes for implementation ..." the wait for this particular feature has been quite frustrating, hopefully a higher priority can be assigned to it :(
shelbyp

• shelbyp
  • Posted: Nov 30, 2017
Posted by M:
+1. I've actually been a little concerned that TD development has been slowed by something we're not being made privy to? It seems like communication has dropped off significantly on these forums, by "regulars" and by Jake et al.

I felt the same way. In the past the monthly updates in the News section were useful in providing some visibility on improvements. If monthly is too often, I think a quarterly update would be really useful. Else it is hard for typical users to know if the tool still has active development or is being phased out. Given the huge number of requests there is no shortage of ideas for future work. 9 months is long in the IT world without anythng new...
shelbyp

• shelbyp
  • Posted: Jul 04, 2017
In Chrome when I type "/" to use the smart add syntax in the first position (all the way on the left), the "/" moves one space forward and the cursor stays in the first position. Very strange . I tested on internet explorer and I don't have this behavior.

The Smart add on chrome works for me everywhere except in the first position, but this is annoying because often I will start typing the task as

/top do something

now I need to write

do something /top

to work around the issue.
shelbyp

Posted Apr 29, 2017 in: beta site link to tasks?
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Apr 29, 2017
JAke, thanks for your follow-up, but which exclamation mark are you referring to? When I am on the website : https://notesbeta.toodledo.com/ I don't have an exclamation on the bottom right, I just have the "K" icon which pops up the keyboard shortcuts.
shelbyp

Posted Apr 27, 2017 in: beta site link to tasks?
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Apr 27, 2017
Hello, not sure when the beta site will be moved to prod, but while waiting for the new site would it be possible to change the link on the top left which points to tasks so that it points directly to the new tasks layout? Currently when switching between notes and tasks we always get the message on the bottom "Switch to the new layout?". Not sure how this will effect other Beta users, but if the tasks is being moved to the new layout eventually, it should probably be the default in Beta by now.

shelby
shelbyp

Posted Mar 24, 2017 in: smart add syntax for Monday
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Mar 24, 2017
There is a minor issue with the smart add syntax.

When I type /monday the first choise (and default ) is is a recurrent monthly task. This is surely because /mon gives both options. When typing fast I put /monday and hit return (assuming that only a next monday due date would be available) , and the wrong task was created. If the user types in the whole day, the monthly repeating option should not be there.
shelbyp

Posted Feb 28, 2017 in: exclude tasks from calendar
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Feb 28, 2017
Is it possible to exclude tasks from the calendar? If not would really be nice to have an option for this. I have quite a few repeating tasks which are low priority, which clutter my calendar. When I need to schedule an appointment I need to click on each day to see if it is free or not.

In fact these low priority repeating tasks are more like habits, but the current scheduling options do not allow me to add them to the habits section. Notably I cannot schedule a habit once every 2 weeks or twice a week. This is really a severe limitation which was raised when the habit section appeared. I really hope this will be added, I had to stop using habits and go back to repeating tasks while waiting for this.

The ability to exclude from the calendar would also help to solve the issue.
this topic was raised back in 2009: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/2425/0/can-specific-tasks-be-excluded-from-google-calendar.html
shelbyp

Posted Jan 16, 2017 in: failed to sync in Notes section
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Jan 16, 2017
Note that the toodledo dev team solved the issue. This now works for me on the new beta site.
shelbyp

Posted Jan 14, 2017 in: quick add syntax strange behaviour
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2017
thanks for the follow-up.

I have another quick related question. Is there a documentation sectino with al the smart add options? I use this quite a bit, but could not find anything in the help center or FAQs. IN particular I wanted to know if there is a way to set the alrm in the smart add.
shelbyp

Posted Jan 11, 2017 in: quick add syntax strange behaviour
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Jan 11, 2017
when I add a task using the quick add syntax /Monday it suggests the monday in the past. it would be much better to have it suggest the following monday, I will rarely add a task with a due date in the past.
shelbyp

Posted Jan 10, 2017 in: Add an iOS sync option?
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Jan 10, 2017
Hi Jake, thanks for the follow-up the sync on edit is probably sufficient for me... didn't think of that, I have switched it on already.

I have a comment on the sync though. I do find it is quite slow for my case (I am on IOS Iphone 5s). I rarely have more than say 3-4 tasks and 1 or 2 notes pages which have changed. In principle for a sync all that is needed is to check all last modified times since the last successful sync and update those which are newer. I have no attachments (images files etc) so the content of tasks and notes that need syncing is very small and I have a fast internet (4G but issue is the same on 1GB wifi).

Given the time it takes it almost looks like it is updating all the content ie even those which are obviously up to date since the last modified time is well in the past relative to last successful full sync.

In principle I don't see why the app sync is so much slower than the web page sync.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next