Search results for "Posted by shelbyp"
shelbyp

Posted Jun 07, 2013 in: New Section: Outlines
Score: 5
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Jun 07, 2013
  • Score: 5
Posted by Mark Glover:
Have I missed something? How is this, in principle, any different from a dummed down hierarchical tasks?

The key improvement is the multiple levels of hierarchy, but we've lost the bulk of the features of a Toodledo task.

Why not just allow multiple levels of hierarchy in tasks? That might be really useful ...

Your beta testers have dropped dramatically in my esteem if they have not made these comments back to you.

I echo the concerns of others: Please spend your valuable time developing requested-for features and not coming up with other products that the fans here will soon find inadequate - in this case, because it doesn't link to tasks / notes.

This could be really useful if tasks and notes could be linked to each item. Do that and I'll be a fan ...

Cheers,

I did participate in beta testing and I did mention the subtasks since this is one feature I would like as well, at least one more level of subtask or subfolder.

However one point I did make while beta testing, is that this goes a long way in working around lack of subtasks. In fact I am starting to like it more and more. In particular it is much much faster to add items into a hierarchy with infinite levels than it would be to create tasks one at a time. I am finding that when I need the extra levels of subtasks, outlines are more than enough, the reason is that if I am doing more fine grained task planning, I don't really need all the extra overhead of a full task. So for this, I in fact prefer the speed and ease of use of the outline.

One feature I did propose during beta testing is that there would be an "export to task list" button which could convert the outline to a hierarchy of tasks. If someday full subtask support is added, this would really be brilliant.

This message was edited Jun 07, 2013.
shelbyp

Posted Mar 11, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
Score: 0
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Mar 11, 2013
  • Score: 0
Posted by Purveyor:
Posted by shelby.pereira:
I think it would be much more useful for the release is stabilized to work on some of the core feature requests which deliver significant value, notably true multilevel subtask support and other topics which have been mentioned (but as subtaks is the feature I use the most, I would love to see this feature as well as the bugfixes/ minor improvements already noted for subtasks).
I agree that core feature requests should be done next but it's highly unlikely that "true multilevel subtask support" will be implemented in the iOS app, given that this feature isn't available on the website.

I'm assuming you mean having more than one level of subtasks. If that's what you mean, take a look at this post by Jake a year ago: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/13692/-66418/need-the-ability-to-add-subtask-to-subtask.html

yes, this is what I meant, I read your input in that thread, and I agree that possibly adding just one more level or perhaps 1 level of subtask or subfolders (1 level) would solve the issue for me in any case without having the issues that Jake raised that the website gui becomes complex to implement... In fact the subfolder visualization should be straightforward for 1 level.

Beyond 1 level I can see that web site navigation becomes complex to implement, design , maintain...

Anyway don't want to reopen this "hot topic" hear, I realize it's not really the place...
shelbyp

Posted Mar 11, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Mar 11, 2013
Posted by Edu:
Posted by Christoph Dollis:
Posted by slateboy:
i think the best solution would be to have a set of "themes" where we can choose between the old look and the new look.
That'd keep everyone happy, wouldn't it?

Only if stability and speed are as good as version 3.0.1.

Because like choosing a wife, it's more than about looks.

yes, first stability and speed, second the "themes" and everything is solved!

I actually disagree on the importance of themes/ configurable fonts.

These are really minor, and would substantially tie up the toodledo dev team trying to setup themes/configuration options that work everywhere. It would also make the app much harder to support/ test and evolve... I am saying this a I am a developer myself...

I think it would be much more useful for the release is stabilized to work on some of the core feature requests which deliver significant value, notably true multilevel subtask support and other topics which have been mentioned (but as subtaks is the feature I use the most, I would love to see this feature as well as the bugfixes/ minor improvements already noted for subtasks).
shelbyp

Posted Feb 28, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Feb 28, 2013
just a minor bug report on subtask adding

when we are in a given folder and use the quick add subtask text box, the subtask does NOT go into the folder. Instead it has no folder assigned.

This is happening on the IPhone, I don't think this wa happening in 3.0.0, but I don't remember. I use subtasks considerably so this is bit confusing since I add the task thinking it has been added to the folder, and when I come back, I don't see the task, but find it in All Tasks.
shelbyp

Posted Feb 26, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
Score: 1
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Feb 26, 2013
  • Score: 1
Jake, I had stayed with 3.0.0 I was never really that concerned with the bugs and font and was very happy with the features, I have updated now to 3.0.2 and things work greater, the look has improved (although this was not critical for me).

I do have one point which is minor.

The subtasks count shows the total subtasks. I really think this should be the total number of subtasks NOT completed since this is typically what we are interested in. It is also important because when we sort using parents and number of subtasks, it in fact uses the total subtasks and not the open subtasks to sort. Typically however tasks with more subtasks will have more "weight".

I have a lot of tasks and work mostly on the Iphone 4Gs, and for me the speed is fines, I haven't noticed any speed problems on this platform.

This is an excellent tool, keep up the good work!
shelbyp

Score: 2
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Dec 05, 2012
  • Score: 2
Posted by LockeNYC:
Please remove all the indicators that say things like "not repeating", "no due date" etc. Use blank white space instead as in previous versions.

I vote for this as well, but I think it should be blank if there is no due date/not repeating, but otherwise it can be displayed. i.e. by default it is blank... else this seems to waste a lot of space when the majority of tasks (mine in any case ) fall into this category.
shelbyp

• shelbyp
  • Posted: Dec 04, 2012
Just a quick note, in the new IPhone app, when I am on a parent task I see subtasks with a number which is the TOTAL number of subtasks.

I find this misleading I think it should either report the number of open tasks or something like #open/#total e.g. (5/15).

The total # of subtasks is not very useful and misleading since I have 15 subtasks showing when in fact 10 are completed...

I generally like the new layout / and functionality!
keep up the good work!

This message was edited Dec 04, 2012.
shelbyp

Score: -2
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Dec 01, 2012
  • Score: -2
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal
shelbyp

• shelbyp
  • Posted: Nov 22, 2012
I also agree on the search requirement for IPhone. Another reason that this is important is that Toodledo does not support sub folders and sub-sub-sub.. tasks.

Many of the workaround proposed in the forums work well, but require that the search is powerful, fast and easy. So on the website the workarounds work well, on the Iphone you ned a lot of clicks to workaround.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7