ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by shelbyp"
shelbyp

Score: 1
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Jan 09, 2017
  • Score: 1
I currently use Chrome a lot and I have many tabs open for Toodledo. Usually multiple Notes pages , the tasks page and 1 or 2 outlines.

The issue is the tab title currently says "Note checkmark Toodledo". It would be much more useful if I can have the title of the notes page or outline page. The checkmark is redundant and I know it is toodledo from the icon. See how Gmail for example uses the title. for a given email it shows the email title.

This really helps when multiple tabs are open since I currently need to click on the tab to see if it is the tab I am looking for.

This is a minor feature, but very helpful for intense users of TD who have multiple tabs open.

This message was edited Jan 09, 2017.
shelbyp

Posted Jan 09, 2017 in: Add an iOS sync option?
Score: 0
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Jan 09, 2017
  • Score: 0
actually on the Iphone I don't turn the sync off and on. Due to this limitation we are discussing, I have unfortunately moved to manualys sync manually, but this is not very convenient as it requires multiple actions before I get to the sync icon, and has been mentioned occasionally I forget also.
shelbyp

Posted Jan 05, 2017 in: Add an iOS sync option?
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2017
Hello,
actually I second the importance of this request. I am on Iphone 5s, the sync is slow and blocks the app. I would prefer that we had an extra option to sync on close rather than on open/close. This is basically what I need most of the time on the Iphone. most of the times on the IPhone I just add tasks quickly while on public transportation, but don't use it for much more (although I realize others may be doing a lot more). Most of my real work is done on the webapp on my computer where I have the benefit of the large screen.

If a true non-blocking background sync were available that would be sufficient also.
shelbyp

Posted Nov 15, 2016 in: failed to sync in Notes section
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Nov 15, 2016
I am regularly getting the failed to Synv popup in the Notes section. I think there is a bug since I get it at home where there is no firewall or other tools blocking the sync. Additionally when I click save and save the notes I am working on the Failed to Sync popup stays visible, but given that the save was successful, I should now be in sync and not have the message?

Anyone else having this issue? I use Notes quite a bit and this is frustrating/confusing since I am now always concerned about losing data.

shelby
shelbyp

• shelbyp
  • Posted: Oct 12, 2016
Yes , you were right! thanks for the quick response it works!
shelby
shelbyp

• shelbyp
  • Posted: Oct 11, 2016
I regularly use Notes and everytime I start my day I first get the message at the bottom "Switch to new layout". I always click yes and things work fine, but is there some way to get rid of this message? I could not find a setting for this, would be nice if my preference could be saved since the new layout has been available for some time now.

Regards,
shelby
shelbyp

• shelbyp
  • Posted: Nov 16, 2015
Jake: thanks for the reply, indeed he chain works as you say, I tested last week more carefully. Issue was on my side, I tend to tick off my habits the following day, not the day itself, so my chains were broken, this is why before they seemed to be working.

Anyway minor point,

I'm really enjoying this new feature and looking forward to the generalization to x# of occurences in a time period which I know is upcoming :)

shelby
shelbyp

• shelbyp
  • Posted: Nov 10, 2015
Just a small point on the chain. I have now setup habits according to non-daily schedules but I see that the chain is still working daily. This is a minor point, but actually it is a bit confusing since it looks like the habit has not been performed since the chain is broken.

Minor point, perhaps would be better not to show the chain at all for these non-daily habits. The functioning of the chain will be harder to define when you generalize to habits which are say 2 times a week on arbitrary schedules (ie what is considered as a success for the chain? is it updated only once a week, which may be the way to go for these habits, but then raises consistency issues for the chains which are functioning differently for daily habits. )

food for thought ! :)

This message was edited Nov 10, 2015.
shelbyp

• shelbyp
  • Posted: Nov 06, 2015
Many thanks for the non daily schedules! Brilliant! like purveyor I stopped dusing the Habits due to this key missing feature, I moved to another tool, I will be moving all my stuff back to toodledo for the habits now. Of the many proposed habits imprvements this was by far the most important to making it useable for a much more general set of habits.

Keep up the great work, I also like the design changes taking place!

shelby
shelbyp

Posted Aug 08, 2015 in: Chrome Outline bug?
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Aug 08, 2015
Hello, note that this is not just cosmetic. This bug existed in the old outlines and was fixed afetr I reported, but I accidently lost a lot of data because when 2 items are highlighted we need to be very careful when deleting since we don' know what will be deleted. Additionally a lot of data can be lost if a highlighted element is a parent of a large subtree.

Due to the potential for massive data loss, I really think this merits a high priority.
shelby

This message was edited Aug 08, 2015.
shelbyp

Posted Aug 02, 2015 in: Chrome Outline bug?
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Aug 02, 2015
Hello, I wasn't sure if this was a bug since I was getting used to the new interface, however I see that on Chrome, as I add new items to an outline mutliple items are remaining in yellow as if they were selected. then as I navigated the extra selections are cleared. This is a bit confusing and looks like a bug. I think if the a new item is enetered into the outline, old selection should be cleared and new item should be selected? I am referrring to the case where we add an item ot the top using the textbox. I understand that perhaps when adding a child you main want to retain the current item as selected not sure...

But I think when adding an item from the textbox, I can't see a case where w items should be highlighted.
shelby
shelbyp

• shelbyp
  • Posted: Jul 18, 2015
I just used the new website for outlines on the IPAD and the difference is huge. Actually I already found the old website good for outlines, but it was not usable on the IPad and the app was not very user friendly. This redesign is really brilliant, the website is now fast and use friendly for the outlines (did not use the other sections much yet).

great work!
I would second the comment from Ann that perhaps a little less space between the lines would allow us to see more info, I have outlines with 200+ items, but overall this update is huge. In my case I probably don't need the app anymore (I don't need the offline functionality that much). I do find it a big + to be able to use the same website on all devices, the userX is more consistent.

thanks!
shelby
shelbyp

Posted Jul 06, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Jul 06, 2015
Posted by Purveyor:
Posted by shfl:
[quote]For what it's worth, it would have been good to see this integrated into tasks instead of a stand-alone feature. In my mind, all habits are tasks.[/quote]I agree. The Habits section would be much more useful if it was integrated with Tasks. There would be alarms, notes, various repeating schedules, and various ways of categorizing, filtering and sorting habits by using fields like Folder, Context, Location, Tags and Priority. At the very least, I would like to filter my habits by "Business" and "Personal", and I would like to put them in a particular order, without having to use various kludges.[/quote]

+1, agree also, this is a nice idea, although on the surface it seems independent, integrating into tasks would be powerful!

I am really missing in habits the possibility of having habits which are only N times a week or month, I know this already discussed and on the todolist, but in fact the idea of integrating with tasks reminded me of this need. Currently the task scheduling is much more flexible than the habits, BUT the task scheduling also does not allow twice a week/month tasks.

maby the sections do not need to be combined completely, but some integration such as having habits appear in the hotlist or tasklist with some filtering is enough. Admittedly the graphs etc in habits does not completely carry over to tasks.
shelbyp

Posted Apr 09, 2015 in: outlines: star or flag a line?
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Apr 09, 2015
I have a small feature request:

I think it would be nice if we could flag or start certain rows of an outline, and then be able to filter for starred / flagged rows.

shelby
shelbyp

Posted Mar 17, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Mar 17, 2015
Posted by dawn_1339686441:
I really like the the new feature! I added a habit ' make a coffee date with someone new' to build in the habit of re-connecting but there is no option to make a weekly or monthly habit. Thoughts?

Yes agree! This is mentioned a few times in the forums in different ways. I think the generalization of habits to cover habits which do not necessarily occur once a day is really the feature which will take this to the next level. The issue is that once you have a large number of habits, you need to tick of things everyd ay even though some may be relevant only a few times a month or at other frequencies. I have adopted a non-intuitive workaround of grouping these less occurring habits into a bigger item which then can be checked off daily since at least one of the subitems needs to be done, but this does not capture the state of the sub habits in an intuitive way.
shelbyp

Posted Feb 14, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Feb 14, 2015
Posted by AA:
Custom order of habits was among the first requests made. I found a workaround for it, though. I currently have 80 habits: 23 morning habits, 8 afternoon habits, 10 evening habits and 39 bedtime habits. If you prefix the habit name with a letter and a number, then you get your desired order of habits. I use "R" for morning habits, "S" for afternoon habits, "V" for evening habits and "Z" for bedtime habits. So, if you name your habits using a scheme like this:

Very clever +1, I will be reordering like this very soon!

Many thanks for the graph scaling and the failing, these are huge improvements!
shelbyp

Posted Feb 07, 2015 in: Progress Report - January 2015
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Feb 07, 2015
Posted by natgross:
Although Habits is nice, I am afraid it is diverting important resources from the core product.

There are many many important improvements required in the ui, as well as functionality (this software is in the majors), but the one feature missing that I really need, is multiple contexts per task.

Well I think many who are active in the Habits section and discussions would disagree... Habits is a core part of GTD and therefore a key tool and part of the "core product". Since Toodledo has added Outlines and Habits, I actually have most of my tasks and GTD workflow in these sections and not in the original "Tasks" section.

I think the issue is more around what you are using TD for. People who are using it in the context of larger project management will obviously want more features in the tasks section. However for the numerous other people who use the tool for either small projects or personal GTD, Habits and outlines are extremely powerful and potentially more useful then tasks (Lists for others certainly, but I don't use them).

In order for Toodledo to be suitable for larger projects I would need dependencies, Gannt, charts to model progress (burn down charts), and for projects which include a strong link to the source control repository to monitor progress, bug tracking etc. JIRA (by Atlassian) is by far my favorite tool in this context, which has all that and much more either in the core product or plugins and is cheap for the feature set. It is unlikely that TD will compete with that level of sophistication any time soon in the tasks section.

This message was edited Feb 07, 2015.
shelbyp

Posted Feb 02, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Feb 02, 2015
I have a small request on the graphs. It would be nice if the y axis was scaled appropriately for the data being displayed it currently starts from 0 always. So if you are tracking weight for example then you will not be seeing the variations. Graph looks essentially like a straight line even though substantial progress may have been made e.g. 83=>80k is alot for weight but unnoticeable on the graph with the current scaling.
shelbyp

Posted Jan 28, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2015
The space on the main part of the dashboard could also be used to display/layout some of the features requested. Currently precious "real estate" is being used to display habit suggestions. In fact this is only useful for people who have few habits, for the rest who know the system, a link at the bottonm of the page is sufficient. This space could then be used to disaplay some of the color categories proposed.

The thing I like about the habits interface is that it is "fun" to use and looks nice. I think this is more important for the habit section than the tasks. For this to be motivational it needs to be fun, and you've done a great job with the graphs and the calendars, colors etc to achieve this. New features in the habits section should try to keep this aspect.
shelbyp

Posted Jan 24, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Jan 24, 2015
Posted by miklos.szeles:
Hi,

1, It would be very useful to introduce a counter habit type. It should have a button which increment the value by one for easy use. Many cases you want to log the event on the go, not at the end of the day. Like drinking a glass of water, smoking a cigarette, ... These shouldn't be considered completed before the end of the day, as I just want to track the number of something daily. For these kind of tasks it would be nice to be able to set a goal to do less than A, more than B, or to be between C and D.

Miki

This is a clever and useful idea, +1. I mentioned that it would be useful to have habits which could occur multiple times in a day, but I find that your idea is better, more flexible and also more consistent with the existing interface. Also should not be too hard to implement.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next