ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by shelbyp"
shelbyp

Posted Jan 22, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
Score: 1
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Jan 22, 2015
  • Score: 1
Hi Jake, i think similar to your candy example if you log your workout time daily and you do not workout you might want to log a fail. Although you could admittedly log 0 or not log at all in this case.

I am loving habits, my most used feature and has already changed my habits! Looking forward to some of the more key requests which were mentioned. Thanks also for having this on IOS at the same time. This was critical for me to start using it, surely for others as well.

Shelby

EDIT: Also note that logging a fail may become less important if some flexibility is built in to the habits. e.g. supporting habits which only need to occur N times a week to be checked. Actually this is by far my biggest issue, Since after adding about 20 or more habits most of which do not occur daily, I am basically spending time parsing my inbox looking for the relevant ones. For habits which occur less than daily, it will be important to sort these appropriately. For exmample if the habit needs to be performed twice a week and there are only 3 days left in the week then this should appear higher (probably in the inbox). I think a 3rd section ("Upcoming"?) is needed between Inbox and Completed to handle these less frequent habits.

This message was edited Jan 23, 2015.
shelbyp

Score: 0
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Jan 15, 2015
  • Score: 0
I have tested the app on Iphone and it works, however I see that in the IOS app in the habits section we cannot have decimal numbers. This was fixed on the website, but not on the app. Would be nice if you could slip in a fix when you fix the display bug.

Regards,
shelby

This message was edited Jan 15, 2015.
shelbyp

Posted Jan 13, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Jan 13, 2015
There seems to be a bug with "Needs Improvement" section. Sometimes it shows and sometimes it doesn't. It seems random and I can't reproduce it, I am guessing it should show when I click on dashboard. Actually this is basically equivalent to sorting the inbox as was suggested, so very useful to have it functional.

Posted by balint.farkas:
Anyway, I love this Habits section, it's something I didn't even know I missed! :)

Agree, this is a great example of thinking out of the proverbial box! I have been able to remove a considerable amount of clutter from my main todo list and move them into habits. Also gave me many ideas of things which can be tracked more systematically and simply.

shelby
shelbyp

Posted Jan 11, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
Score: 2
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Jan 11, 2015
  • Score: 2
As I use this more, I see this feature is already very powerful, but can be improved a lot to make it even more powerful.

I have a couple more suggestions related to reporting/statistics:

- optionally notion of target for the habit. for checkboxes this can be checkboxes in a row, for numbers such as weight this can be a number > or <, this can then be exploited in the statistics/reporting to indicate how close we are to target.

- +1 for better sorting of the inbox, would be nice if we could sort by the habit which has not been performed for the longest period of time.

- Would it be possible to have a notes icon (or something similar to what we have in tasks) so that we can add more detailed text information about the evolution. This could possibly be displayed as a mouseover on the habit title and when clicking on the icon to open and edit the notes.

shelby

This message was edited Jan 12, 2015.
shelbyp

Posted Jan 09, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Jan 09, 2015
Hello, I just have a few more comments/suggestions on the habits:

1. For the graphs it would be nice to have a horizontal line which is the target we are aiming for (of course we would have to be able to enter the target). the target may be above or below the current level and the habit is complete or perhaps a flag on the graph displayed every time we do beeter than the target.

2. It would be nice if habits could optionally appear in our hotlist. The reason is, I really see these as being a very powerful alternative to optional repeating tasks of which I have many. These are basically modelling habits in many cases, but I never thought of them that way.

3. I mentioned that habits may be applicable only say 5 days a week on weekdays, but please also consider supporting habits which occur multiple times every day (I currently use multiple repeating tasks for these). very useful for practice schedules.

Great work, and good idea once again!

This message was edited Jan 09, 2015.
shelbyp

Posted Jan 08, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2015
I was a bit skeptical at first on the habits, but I am starting to like this and find uses for it to motivate regular / repeating tasks. This is essentially a much improved "goal" feature, good work and quite innovative!

I would like to suggest one improvement for the chaining. It would be nice to have a bit of flexibility to allow to skip x number of days in a week or month without having the chain broken. Some activities by nature should NOT be repeated every day (eg some types of workout schedules require a day of rest etc)

Also as things are getting "wider" I really see a need for a powerful global search feature which will find items across all sections. I already felt this need just with the addition of outlines. searching separately through tasls/notes and outlines and lists for something you know you have filed is becoming painful. I think this feature will help glue together these sections.

Regards,
shelby
shelbyp

Posted Oct 17, 2014 in: behaviour of repeated optional task
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Oct 17, 2014
Hi thanks for the followup,

I actually recently synced and I don't see the issue anymore. I will play around with it, ans as soon as I can reproduce consistently I will file the ticket.
shelby
shelbyp

Posted Oct 16, 2014 in: behaviour of repeated optional task
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Oct 16, 2014
I see that when I have a repeated and "optionally due on" task, when the date passes, the task remains in the hotlist as if it was overdue. This is happening on the Iphone.

This impacts the hotlist. I have an optional task which was due on Tuedsay which looks like it is overdue, although it is a weekly optional event (today is thursday). So I would expect priority to be lowered in the hotlist.

This is happening on my Iphone, but not on the toodledo website.
shelbyp

• shelbyp
  • Posted: Sep 30, 2014
Jake: Is there a way to clone an outline offline on Iphone?
I didn't see it, but I may have missed it. This is very useful for reusable checklists which can be cloned and then ticked off.

shelby
shelbyp

Posted Sep 19, 2014 in: Outlines but No Lists?
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Sep 19, 2014
I have to disagree, I like the large button at the bottom, when they add lists they will probably need an option to choose which ones to show.

I use the outlines much more than anything else and have been waiting for the offline support for a while...
shelbyp

• shelbyp
  • Posted: Sep 19, 2014
Hello,
I am really happy about the outlines addition, I use this intensively and actually had to change my way of working due to lack of IOS support. This is very, very helpful, and a game changer!

I have a few comments (in order of importance).

1. On the Iphone screen it would really be much nicer to wrap the text instead of having the user scroll right, this is quite clumsy since on scrolling I lose track of the indentation level, but it generally would be much more useable if we did not have to scroll left and right to see the text. This is standard on most iphone apps. As a workaround I can make my notes shorter.

2. The outlines section is slow. when I click on an outline with about 130 entries it has taken up to 10 secs to view it. in addition clicking the entries to obtain the popup is not very responsive. However I note that I am using an Iphone 4s, at some point in the near future I will upgrade, and maybe this works smoothly on the newer models.
The feeling of slowness is accentuated by point 1 above.

3. It would be nice to have the "delete checked" items feature which exists online (but this is minor).

Overall I am really happy to have this addition, and looking forward to exploiting it fully.
shelbyp

Posted Jun 05, 2014 in: Lists on iPhone App
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Jun 05, 2014
Posted by pjlewis:
Thanks Jake. For some of us, these great new features don't exist until they are available online AND on the mobile platforms (in my case iPhone and iPad). It is frustrating to see these brilliant and potentially game changing enhancements deliver online only to realise that they will not be useable in the mobile workflow for weeks, months or years. The lack of an ETA makes this more difficult to endure without losing faith, as we don't know how close these things really are.

I appreciate your hard work and am sticking with you despite my personal frustrations. This is a good platform. I'm looking forward to seeing it become really great.

Agree... I actually thought IOS outlines would be available a couple of months after the website release, it has now been almost 9 months I think, I started using them actively thinking hopefully they would be available, I have now gone back in part to my old way of folder/subtask/note for tasks that I need on IOS and outlines for the rest... but this is hard to maintain.

I would not say they are "totally useless" if not available on IOS, but it certainly takes away a substantial amount of value... even just a read only version of outline/lists would be useful as a start.

Jake: with respect to IPAD / tablets, has the dev team thought about making the existing full website just a little bit more compatible. I actually find the Outlines and most of the site usable on a tablet without the IOS app.

It should be possible with a bit of work to add the functionality needed to make it work on any tablet (notably missing in outlines is that the screen "touch event" does not always work the way the mouse "click event", similarly for drag/drop operations), so we cannot easily edit outlines on a tablet with the full website, but this should not be so hard to add.

This message was edited Jun 06, 2014.
shelbyp

• shelbyp
  • Posted: May 08, 2014
I actually have the same issue, as an alternative to multiple alarms (which I don't mind), it might be nice to be able to snooze to be reminded in a settable amount of time, 1hr, 1day ... whatever...

I think there was some IOS limitation on the this type of functionality, but I am wondering if anything change with IOS 7 which would allow a snooze button when the alarm went off.

If the chosen solution is multiple alarms, please allow for a default velue for the 2nd alarm, the reason is that typically the 1st alarm is set off as a function of the amount of time it takes to complete the task, however the second is usually desired a short time before as a last minute reminder typically 1 hr for me...
shelbyp

Posted Apr 14, 2014 in: Update: Sort Individual Lists Uniquely
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Apr 14, 2014
Thanks also for this feature, very helpful!

Just as a quick followup for Salgud's point, some critical missing features can change the way Toodledo is used. On this note I would really like to see at least partial IOS support for Outlines (and I know others would like lists).

I have moved many of my tasks to the outlines to simulate sub-sub tasks in the case where I do not have a hard due date.

Most of my tasks are now in outlines, since they are fast and powerful, however the fact that they are not available on IOS is forcing me to rethink this strategy... Essentially I can only keep non critical tasks in outlines, since I currently do not have offline access to them.
shelbyp

Posted Feb 19, 2014 in: Folder functionality
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Feb 19, 2014
Can't you do all or most of this using an advanced search

for example where folder "contains" WORK or PERSONAL?
shelbyp

Posted Dec 03, 2013 in: Minor outline improvement suggestion
  • shelbyp
  • Posted: Dec 03, 2013
Hello,

would it be possible to add an option "View Checked" in the outline section.

This will be useful to view ONLY those items which are checked, currently we can only toggle if they are hidden.

For large outlines, this would be useful filter to quickly find only those items which are completed.
shelbyp

• shelbyp
  • Posted: Nov 27, 2013
Posted by Salgud:
I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed that this is what you've been working on these last few months. It seems to me that there are a lot of features that people are clamoring for more than this. It's hard for me to imagine that you have that many customers who can't afford $5 or less for a mobile app, whether it's TD's or someone elses.

I agree with Salgud, and as TD support correctly points out the offline mobile site will never be as fast and feature rich as a 5$ app which is nothing for subcribers paying 30$ a year...

so why not just work on an android App to keep this group happy rather than supporting apps and offline web sites... I am a senior developer myself and can attest that the effort in developing and maintaining an offline website in javascript far outweighs an equivalent app. The advantage of course is that one mobile website will serve all groups, however the IPhone /Ipad group which is surely the largest already has an app which kills the mobile website in terms of functionality, speed ...

Also, +1 for the universal search request, with the new outline and list tabs which I use heavily and I am very happy with, I am sometimes finding it hard to find items.

This message was edited Nov 27, 2013.
shelbyp

• shelbyp
  • Posted: Nov 20, 2013
Hello, just tested , it works, thanks for the followup!
cheers,
shelby
shelbyp

• shelbyp
  • Posted: Nov 19, 2013
Hello,

for anyone who is interested, I have made a small autohotkey script which maps the arrow keys and shift arrows to navigate in the outlines... I could not get used to the j,k which I really don't find intuitive...

here it is, paste it into a file with the .ahk extension, download and install autohotkey (for free) and then double click on the script. Note that I also added the Page Down key in outline modes which I use a a substitute for space bar to toggle the outline. This allows me to navigate and open/close with the arrows and page down which is located in the same area. So you can navigate with one hand...

Enjoy!

#IfWinActive Toodledo : Outline ahk_class Chrome_WidgetWin_1
Down::Send, j
Up::Send, k
+Down::Send, +j
+Up::Send, +k
+Right::Send, {Tab}
+Left::Send, +{Tab}
^Right::Send, {Tab}
^Left::Send, +{Tab}
PgDn::Send, {Space}
#IfWinActive
shelbyp

• shelbyp
  • Posted: Nov 19, 2013
Hello, thanks for your reply.

I just reproduced the issue to confirm, here is a simple case, with 1 entry and 3 sub entries

TEST 123
Test1
Test 2
Test 3

I use the delete key to delete Test 2
Test 123 AND Test 3 are highlighted, on Chrome, I would add a screenshot, but I can't attach here...

Also I just tested the case with no sub entries i.e.
Test1
test2
test3

If you delete test2, the ONLY test1 (or the top most entry of the outline) is highlighted. so this case works. I think if you test deleting a sub-entry you will reproduce the issue on Chrome.

To answer your question, in the confirmation screen, yes the information is correct. Unfortunately when I am quickly processing my outline, my assumption is that the highlighted entry I am looking at will be deleted, so on more than one occasion I have quickly confirmed without reading... I am now more attentive and I am moving more to the checkbox, but this bug needs to be fixed, not a blocker, but definitely critical/major...

The issue with the checkboxes is that there is no shortcut key to delete checked entries ( please add this as a feature request). The main advantage of the outlines is the ability to quickly process and update it compared to tasks, so the shortcut keys are important.

thanks for your followup,
shelby

This message was edited Nov 19, 2013.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next