ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by J-Mac"
J-Mac

Posted Jun 08, 2008 in: Update for Printing Stars?
Score: 0
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2008
  • Score: 0
BTW, I am printing these reports on a Canon PIXMA MP 830 All-In-One using the three browsers I mentioned in the post above.

If some users are seeing the stars when they select background images, and can report what printers and browsers they are using, we might be able to narrow down which printer/browser combinations work and which do not.

Thanks again,

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jun 08, 2008 in: Update for Printing Stars?
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2008
Thanks Jake. Although printing with background images on has not worked for me. I tried both with and without background images in Firefox 2.0.0.14, IE 7, and Opera 9.25. All showed a few stars, but not most.

Actually I have never seen a printed copy of Toodledo tasks with all the stars showing. Are you saying that you ARE seeing all the stars on any printout? If so, can you tell me which browser and version?

A suggestion that would make it a little easier to know whether I am looking at a printout of my Starred tasks or Hotlist: Place a header on the printout that identifies what sort it is. The other day I printed out both my Starred list and my Hotlist. Later in the day when I was going over the lists I realized I had no idea which was which! Each printed page showed a few stars but most were not showing on both, and both printouts happened to have exactly 16 tasks!

If there was some indication of what sort is on the report, then as long as the header says "Starred", I would know they are all my starred tasks, even if the stars are not correctly showing. Right now I have no way of knowing unless I physically write it on the report with a pen.

Thanks!

Jim

EDIT: I "misspoke" above: The sort does show at the top, but not the actual report title. E.g., my Starred tab is then sorted by status, so "Status" does show. But my Hotlist is also sorted by Status. So I guess I am suggesting that the Tab for the report show up next to the Sort info. Jim

This message was edited Jun 08, 2008.
J-Mac

Posted Jun 06, 2008 in: Update for Printing Stars?
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jun 06, 2008
Stars on tasks still do not print. I just tried again in Firefox 2, Internet Explorer 7, and Opera.

Is a fix for this forthcoming? Or is this going to stay as is?

Thanks!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted May 25, 2008 in: Gmail Extension
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: May 25, 2008
Well, of course! Why would I want it if it were not "solid and useful"??

Jim
J-Mac

Posted May 23, 2008 in: Gmail Extension
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: May 23, 2008
I used to use a number of GreaseMonkey scripts to customize Gmail - it was difficult at times when Gmail would change something and naturally the various script authors were not able to update their scripts at the same time. I never knew which script might be causing me Gmail problems at any given time. So I did two things:

First, I learned how the scripts work and began modifying/updating the scripts myself when a Google change to Gmail caused the scripts to stop functioning correctly.

Then Gina Trapani, the owner/administrator of LifeHacker.com created a Firefox extension which contained a collection of the best available GreaseMonkey scripts along with some nice skins and named it "Better Gmail". She updates it very frequently to try and keep abreast of Google's changes. Also, even if such changes make "break" one or two of the scripts the others in Better Gmail continue to work perfectly. This allowed me to abandon all the separate GreaseMonkey scripts yet still get the same benefits.

Jake, I don't know if you are acquainted at all with Gina, but if you could get a script together for Toodledo and have it roll into her Better Gmail extension that might be a handy way to get Toodledo to work within Gmail.

Additionally, with the large exposure it would receive then on LifeHacker, it would most likely get a lot more potential users to take a good look at Toodledo!

Thanks!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted May 23, 2008 in: Improved Booklet
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: May 23, 2008
Excellent! I had missed this post when you posted it initially.

These were not killers for me, but it does make the booklet a little cleaner now.

Thanks!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted May 13, 2008 in: Addition of Start Date and Status
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: May 13, 2008
Thanks for this feature! Very nice addition - one of the best for GTD followers in particular, I imagine. Very nice indeed!

I agree that printing is getting tougher. Firefox in particular is a notoriously poor browser with regard to its printing. Terrible in the way it renders pages for printing. Also, on many web sites it simply cannot print anymore than the first page. Glad that Toodledo is not one of those sites!

For many pages that I cannot get to print well in Firefox, I use the "Opera View" extension to open that page in Opera and print it from there. Opera can print almost any web page nicely. Except Toodledo, unfortunately. Opera for some reason takes the columns that run past the right edge of the page and wraps them. That make the wrapped data not match up with the column headers and makes for a printout that at first looks nice - until you actually try to read the details. Then you notice that the wrapped information is way out of whack!

When printing my Toodledo ToDo's now I usually have to go into settings, remove three or four fields that hurt the least, print the ToDo's, and then go back into settings and add the fields back into my ToDo's.

Needless to say, I try not to print them often.

The booklets could make up for all that if they were more user-configurable. Either that or find a way to be able to pull Toodledo's data into PocketMod or RePocketMod, where you can select any data and order that you want.

Thanks!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted May 13, 2008 in: File Uploads
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: May 13, 2008
Posted by Toodledo:
We do not encrypt files, but they are stored securely on a multiply redundant system with offsite backups.

OK.

However that would mean it is important that users do not store anything that contains private information -- unless they encrypt it themselves prior to uploading it.

Might be helpful to note this in the Features section. Some people don't check and think that since they must login to access their files that this somehow makes it fully secure from prying eyes!

Thanks for the help!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted May 11, 2008 in: File Uploads
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: May 11, 2008
Hello.

Just curious: Regarding uploaded files - Any encryption provided? Security? Also, how safe are the files? Are the servers with uploaded files backed up?

Since I have not seen anything about the above I have been assuming that none of those features exist. But I figured it can't hurt to ask!

Thanks!
J-Mac

Posted May 09, 2008 in: POSTDATA Warning?
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: May 09, 2008
OK - Still on the desktop computer and ... I'm not getting that dialog. Really weird.
J-Mac

Posted May 08, 2008 in: POSTDATA Warning?
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: May 08, 2008
I will try safe mode. It is really weird - I am only seeing them on the forum here, I think. Meaning I don't remember seeing this particular dialog in a long time until I started using this forum.

Toodledo, sorry if you are using GET after all; that was the single reason I could think of for seeing this only here. Goes to show I must not know web site design as well as I had thought!

Though I will check Firefox safe mode, I honestly can't think of any extension I have that would cause this, especially since I am not seeing it on other sites. Plus, that was why I mentioned that I am not seeing it in IE6 nor Opera. I wouldn't expect it to be Firefox only, maybe vice versa.

Another great mystery of Windows? This PC is running XP Pro SP2, all patched up. My notebook is running Vista Ultimate - I'll try it on that tomorrow.

Thanks - I'll post back if I find anything.

Jim
J-Mac

Posted May 08, 2008 in: POSTDATA Warning?
  • J-Mac
Every single time I click on a link to read something in this forum and then try to go back to the listing, I get a POSTDATA warning dialog from Firefox. Doesn't happen in IE6 or Opera. I hate such dialogs popping up!

This is usually used as a precaution against resubmitting online purchases, etc. It is commonly caused by using POST data in Forms to try to prevent loading from the browser cache. However that should never be used on a forum when just navigating to read posts! The GET command should be used in those instances.

Is it possible to fix this?

Thanks!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted May 08, 2008 in: Toodledo Time Zone?
  • J-Mac
In my Settings it correctly shows my date and exact time here for me locally. However at just about 12:35 AM, Thursday, May 8, 2008, I created 6 tasks and a new folder. After creating them and then clicking on "My To Do's", the Date Created for all 6 says May 7, 2008. Not May 8.

So even though my Toodledo settings show my local time zone (EDT, USA), the task creation date is apparently showing a different zone. I can't think of any other reasons.

Jim
J-Mac

Posted May 07, 2008 in: Notes
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: May 07, 2008
I use Toodledo for my task list, but I also use Backpack. And I would love to see 37 Signals allow me to use Toodledo within Backpack as the task list there.

That would be my ultimate productivity interface!!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted May 07, 2008 in: Are forums dead?
  • J-Mac
It is nice to have a forum here at all.

That said, this is one of the poorest forum softwares I have seen, admittedly.

Upgrading to a more feature-filled and usable forum software - Invision Powerboard, SMB, or even phpBB in a pinch would be an improvement.

Jim
J-Mac

Posted May 07, 2008 in: Starred Tasks
  • J-Mac
I tried both Firefox and Opera. Background images are set to print. Still seeing the same problem.

Jim
J-Mac

Posted May 07, 2008 in: Starred Tasks
  • J-Mac
I just noticed that the stars only print occasionally. Some views they are showing when I print; others, they do not -- even though there are stars there showing on the screen.

E.g., currently I am looking at my screen with the entire list showing by folder. The first folder has two parent tasks; one has three subtasks and the other has four subtasks. Two subtasks in each have stars selected. Yet the printout of that view shows only one subtask in each with a star. All the other tasks and subtasks in that folder are not showing stars on the printed page.

I have tried to see if there is any logic or sense to which stars show in the printout, but I cannot find any.

Thanks!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted May 06, 2008 in: Can I Use Toodledo with PocketMod?
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: May 06, 2008
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to use Toodledo with PocketMod or rePocketMod?

I don't like the restrictions in using the Toodledo booklet. I mean, the Toodledo booklet is nice enough, though printing it never quite works well for me. No matter the setting on my Canon MP830 it always prints off a little and I have to end up trimming parts of the booklet after folding it up.

Also, I love the freedom of being able to select what I place on which page in PocketMod. The Toodledo booklet limits my configuration selections.

Thanks!

Jim
J-Mac

• J-Mac
  • Posted: May 05, 2008
I don't always check in here daily, so I just now noticed that you added the multi-sort feature. Excellent!

Thanks you so much for this one. For me, this solves a lot of little issues. Super! Keep up the great work!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted May 05, 2008 in: Blackberry Auto Text ?
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: May 05, 2008
Posted by eric.shotwell:
Yes, in fact I do use autotext to do it. Just started doing this last week on my own, and then discovered this thread tonight. I created an entry called Newtodo that says:

Change !!! @@Calls #today *work

Then I just change the word "change" to the actual text of the task, and it files it in my Work folder, with today's due date, and in the @Calls context.

Nice idea! I hadn't seen this earlier for some reason. Autotext on the BB Browser drives me crazy in general. It doesn't work quite often in certain fields in the browser.

Thanks again.

Jim
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next