ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by J-Mac"
J-Mac

Posted Jul 18, 2008 in: Multi-Edit
Score: 0
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jul 18, 2008
  • Score: 0
Either way, thanks a lot for this feature. Very much appreciated!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jul 11, 2008 in: Change the name "Toodledo"
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jul 11, 2008
Heck, I don't care what you call it, as long as the feature set is about perfect - and Toodledo's is pretty darn close!

I wouldn't worry so much about what other people might think about the name. Are you using it to manage your tasks? Or trying to sell it?

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jul 10, 2008 in: Advanced Search
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jul 10, 2008
Thank you for the Advanced Saved Searches. Very nice!

There doesn't appear to be a Help topic about this yet. Can you give us the search terms that can be used with dates?

E.g., To search for tasks overdue by 5 days or more?

dueBefore:Today

Or tasks due in the next month?

dueWithin:"1 month of today"

Another task application, "Remember the Milk", allows the advanced search terms located here:

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/search/advanced.rtm

Is there a similar list of search terms for Toodledo?

Thanks!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jul 10, 2008 in: My T-do Email Changed?
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jul 10, 2008
Posted by Toodledo:
Oh, I see. Since you mentioned that you had 2 accounts, I suspect that you registered Jott under one of them and that is why it is different for the one that you are using now. To fix it, you can simply update Jott to point to the new address.

Or better yet, use our official Jott widget and you won't even need to bother with this. You can find more information on our "Connections" page, and we have instructions here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help_jott.php

Hope that helps.

Thanks Jake. Glad I finally made it at least a little more clear - not easy to do!

I had already fixed this issue before I posted here - that wasn't hard to do.

The real question, the proverbial $64,000 question, is....

Why was that Jott Link, apparently set up using the old free Toodledo account's Import Email address, actually working with my current Pro Plus account?

Yes, I have been using the Jott Link all along and it the tasks I created via Jott were appearing in my newer Pro Plus account. Then when I could not change my login email address on the Pro Plus account, I realized that I used to have a free account with that Login. So I deleted that account last month and the Jott Link stopped working!

Somehow Toodledo was passing those tasks created with the old account's import email address to my current account!

Not a bad thing! Just amazing that it worked it out like that. (Toodledo is actually much smarter than even I thought!)

Thanks!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jul 09, 2008 in: My T-do Email Changed?
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2008
Sorry, either I was not clear in stating the problem, or you misunderstood my post.

The email address in my Jott Contacts page used to be my Toodledo email address. I got it from my Toodledo account in Import>Email Import and entered it into my Jott account. When I called Jott and told it ot send a Jott to Toodledo, it used that email address and always got to my ToDo List.

Today I sent a Jott to my Toodledo ToDo List in the same way - I called Jott and said I wanted to send a Jott to Toodledo. Jott then transcribed the message and sent it to the same Toodledo email address I have in my Jott Contacts - which, again, I got from my account. However it never reached my Toodledo ToDo List this time.

Trying to find out why it never arrived, I looked in my Toodledo account at Import<Email Import and - - surprise! My Toodledo Email Import address is now different!

How could it have changed?

Thank you.

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jul 09, 2008 in: My T-do Email Changed?
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2008
OK, I'm not certain how I managed to do this, or perhaps a Toodledo change did it and I just hadn't paid attention.

This morning I Jott'd a task to my list. I received an email message back from Jott saying it was successfully delivered. Great! Except it wasn't on my list when I checked this afternoon. So I checked the address in my Jott Contacts and in the Toodledo Import settings - and it is very much different!

How would that have changed? I do use Jott to create tasks - always worked before. The last time I can remember was about two weeks ago.

Do you remember when I asked about trying to change my login email address for Toodledo and it turned out that I had an older free account that was using that address? And I then deleted it? Could that have somehow caused the change in my Toodledo input email address? If so, the really odd part is that all of the Jott tasks I have sent in the past managed to get to my correct, current, Pro Plus account list!

Anyway, I appreciate any help you can give me to understand how this happened. (So I can avoid it, hopefully, in the future!)

Thanks!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jul 07, 2008 in: Features I Would Like To See
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jul 07, 2008
Toodledo has about the best flow I have seen. You haven't tried it yet it seems or you would see this. The Add Task button at the top is where a "test box" quickly opens, and if you click on "Add Multiple Tasks" you can add as many as you like as fast as you can type.

Subtask already exists.

The UI changes you mention - the Toodledo interface has developed to what it is after many user requests and much thoughtful development. There IS a one line per task view as well as the expanded views. Actually there are so many views available, with the ability to add or remove fields as you wish.

If you spend a little time checking it out you may see that there is already most of what you seem to want there.

Jim
J-Mac

• J-Mac
  • Posted: Jul 06, 2008
My five:

1) The Jott Link for adding tasks by voice on my BB. (Used to email them in but Jott is quicker for me).

2) The "Status" field - the addition of that really allows me the focus I was seeking.

3) "Add Multiple Tasks" - Another feature that puts Toodledo above the rest.

4) The successive sorting - ability to set primary sort plus two sub-sorts. That changed drastically how I can view my tasks.

5) Not a true "feature" but one of the most important aspects of this application, IMO: Developer response and speed of development. That puts Toodledo far in front of other programs I have used.

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jul 05, 2008 in: Repeating tasks
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jul 05, 2008
Great! For whatever reason I had never seen that. Probably because I never would have expected it to be in there - that's not a feature that I have seen in other task managers.

Another reason to be happy with Toodledo!

Thanks again.

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jul 05, 2008 in: A Few Feature Requests
  • J-Mac
I really like Toodledo. It's a great application, well-developed, has an extremely responsive developer, and is relatively inexpensive. Not much more that I could ask for...

...but of course I did manage to come up with a few requests!

1) Either redesign the Booklet feature, or allow users to utilize PocketMod or rePocketMod with Toodledo. Reasons? We could replace the front page, which is kind of wasted currently in that we cannot put any of our task info there. Also, the margins on, I think, the 4th & 5th pages are too large and cut off way too much text, unlike the pages before them.

2) Add standard forum features, like notification of replies to our posts, ability to use BBCode for WYSIWYG text entry. (Possibly use a well-established existing forum software). Currently I know that I don't reply to posts where someone has replied to a post of mine because I have no idea that they did - and I really don't have the time to search around for them in here.

Thanks!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jul 05, 2008 in: Repeating tasks
  • J-Mac
Posted by Jeremy:
When putting in the due date put a "?" right before the date i.e. '?July 4, 2008'. If you have it set to repeat it will diappear when the due date passes and reappear at the next "repeat".

Hope that helps.

Cool! Is that a listed feature anywhere? Or did you just try it and it worked?

Thanks!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jun 24, 2008 in: Blackberry Support
Score: 1
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jun 24, 2008
  • Score: 1
Your financial interest wouldn't be clouding your perceptions now, would they?

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jun 22, 2008 in: Blackberry Support
Score: -1
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jun 22, 2008
  • Score: -1
I use Toodledo on a Blackberry Curve and it looks OK to me. If the Blackberry Browser is a problem for you, install Opera Mini. I think you will like the Opera Mini browser a lot more anyway, plus Toodledo looks as good with that as it does anywhere.

And why do developers port their applications to iPhones and Windows Mobile devices but not Blackberry? Because they can!

Both the iPhone and Windows Mobile platforms have opened up their OS to third party developers more freely via their API's. RIM, on the other hand, allows only minimal access to third party developers. They decided in the beginning to keep Blackberry devices generally closed so they can control development of software for them. If you notice there are very few developers that create applications for Blackberries, and they are RIM "partners". Notice also that they usually develop ONLY for RIM. Notice further that software for the Blackberry is extremely expensive, also! That is how RIM planned it and how they have kept it.

Becoming a RIM/BB affiliate requires spending a lot of resources - time, energy, and money - for a much smaller market than other platforms. Can't count too much on corporate BB's since most companies tightly control the ability to install software for security reasons.

Jim

This message was edited Jun 22, 2008.
J-Mac

Posted Jun 22, 2008 in: Creation Date/time
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jun 22, 2008
Yes - Right-click on a check box to the left of the task - the "Completion" check box. That shows "Added" followed by the date the task was added.

Jim
J-Mac

Score: -1
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jun 19, 2008
  • Score: -1
Backpack Calendar... Please??

Thanks!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jun 18, 2008 in: Update for Printing Stars?
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jun 18, 2008
Posted by Toodledo:
We have found a solution, but we haven't implemented it yet, so I don't know how it started working for you, but I'm glad that it did.

That's odd. I have printed a total of 6 reports since then and all show the stars perfectly.

Hmmm.. I did upgrade to Firefox 3RC2, and then tonight to the full release of Firefox 3. Could that be it?

Thanks!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jun 17, 2008 in: Update for Printing Stars?
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jun 17, 2008
Not sure if you fixed this or what, but my stars just started printing.

Spooling time increased, and it took a LOT of CPU to do it, but the stars are printing!

Thanks!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jun 17, 2008 in: Change My Login Email?
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jun 17, 2008
I got a new password but it turns out that was a free account I had a year ago. Couldn't get to my new account's data from that one, so I changed the email address in THAT account - thus freeing up the address I want to use for my current account.

So now my current account is fine and has the email address I want setup in it.

But the old account... I guess I'll just go ahead and delete that one. (I just hope it does not affect my current Pro account in any way!)

Thanks!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted Jun 16, 2008 in: Change My Login Email?
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jun 16, 2008
Jake,

If I want to change the email address I use to login to Toodledo, do I just go to Account Settings, click on "Edit Login Email", and type in the new address? Or do I have to contact Support and request the change?

Thanks!

Jim

EDIT: Uhh... I decided to just go ahead and try that and it came back with the following message:

"That email address is already in use by another account.
Please try again."

I don't think anyone else is using my email address. I thought that possibly I had entered this address as an alternate email address somewhere in my Toodledo Account Settings, but I cannot find any such setting.

Maybe I had signed up for a free account long ago in another lifetime?

Anyway, can you help me with this?

Thanks again!

Jim

This message was edited Jun 16, 2008.
J-Mac

Posted Jun 08, 2008 in: Update for Printing Stars?
  • J-Mac
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2008
This gets weirder with everything I try!!

I just tried printing the Starred Tasks sort again in Firefox 2.0.0.14 with Background printing enabled. 4 of 15 stars printed.

I then tried again but this time I printed to a PDF document. I opened the PDF and on that page only 3 stars are showing. But they are completely 3 different tasks than the page printed on my Canon MP830!!

Then I printed the PDF page and the same 3 stars that show on screen also printed, which is good. In Firefox ALL stars show on the screen, but only 4 printed.

Gets confusing after a while!

BTW, this certainly is not a killer for me, Jake. I can live with Toodledo as is until a fix is eventually found, so don't put this high on your priority list.

Thanks!

Jim
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next