ForumsNewsFuture Plans

Future Plans
Ummagumma

Posted: Oct 22, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by DrFrankBuck:
What about with Android, through Google Assistant? Or, is it possible to forward an email to Outlook tasks? (I know you can drag & drop am email to the Task button. Was doing that in 2001.) If I can forward an email and have it wind up in tasks, I can write an IFTTT applet that does the job.

Posted by Ummagumma:
Posted by DrFrankBuck:
I used the Outlook (including the task list) as my productivity package in the BlackBerry days and liked the task list very much. The primary reason for looking for another alternative was, just as you say, syncing with a mobile task app. Here is a question that I have about the Outlook task list...Is there a way to add tasks via voice?

Yes, since it sync to iOS via Reminders, you can use Siri.

Sorry, it’s been a while since I used Android, and back then I was using Toodledo with Informant.
Ummagumma

Enabling SQL query building in Outlook

To access the QueryBuilder, you need to add the QueryBuilder key to the registry (Outlook 2002 and up):
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\xx.0\Outlook\QueryBuilder where xx is your version number. 

https://www.outlook-tips.net/how-to/using-advanced-filters/
MM1772

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by cspence:
You would think the new owners would engage around the topic and stop the hemorrhaging of paid members.
The longer they ignore this discussion the more members they lose to other services that have already developed a good or better solution, at a more reasonable pricing structure.

Actually, Aaron has been very involved. A while back he asked for people who wanted to be surveyed to let him know. I did, and a week ago he actually phoned me. It was a very good conversation and he seemed to understand what people needed. What we didn't discuss was price. As others said, I expected it would go up, so I didn't think it was important to ask. I didn't realize it would go up so much, though.

I haven't decided whether I'll stay and go for a free account or whether I'll go somewhere else. Some of the features I'd lose on a free account are ones I don't use anyway. Or, I might go for a Gold subscription and deal with losing history. (Or, I could export history every so often so I still have it.)

As I'm investigating other options, I see many that feature collaboration. I belong to many social groups, but there's no way to get them to agree to use this collaboration feature. I see that as something a business would use because they can mandate what software to use for collaboration. So maybe that should be moved over to business, and the price for non-business be reduced?
Ummagumma

Score: 3 Reference
Collaboration is useful for families too - shared groceries lists, chore lists etc. But since everyone needs to have a paid Toodledo account to use it, it wasn’t really ever a personal feature, so moving it to a business plan would make more sense.
dosmandan

Score: 3 Reference
Interesting change to billing. I just noticed, while looking at my membership, it states you will automatically be billed annually or monthly.

If you check the FAQ section, "How Do I update My Billing Information", the old ToodleDo states credit card information isn't stored in the system and your membership will expire at the end of the billing period. Basically, you need to renew each year.

"For your security, Toodledo does not store payment information. We also do not have an auto-renewal program. When your current subscription expires, it will remain expired unless you make another purchase"

This leads to the obvious question... was our credit card information stored? If not, how do they intend to automatically renew my subscription?

Possibly this is the new policy for people renewing, but it represents a fundamental change to the previous billing strategy. Wanted to make sure people aren't caught off guard if they assume their account will not renew automatically, as had been the previous standard.

This message was edited Oct 22, 2018.
GSP1963

Posted by dosmandan:
Wanted to make sure people aren't caught off guard if they assume their account will not renew automatically, as had been the previous standard.

Thanks for the information; very helpful and I appreciate it.
jzamoras

Posted: Oct 23, 2018
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Ummagumma:
Collaboration is useful for families too - shared groceries lists, chore lists etc. But since everyone needs to have a paid Toodledo account to use it, it wasn’t really ever a personal feature, so moving it to a business plan would make more sense.

for shared lists we use ourgroceries
kenckar

Posted by Ummagumma:

The best one for iOs is Buy Me A Pie. Amazing app for shared lists.
MM1772

For shared grocery lists, we use Out of Milk on Android. It can autocomplete item names and put them in the right category. For example, I just typed "Cor" and it came up with Coriander Seeds as one of the choices. I selected it, and it put it under Baking & Cooking. I can open the item and tap + to increase the number of items (1). I can enter the price (I don't use this) and check a box if I have a coupon for this item.

I create my lists per shop. I can move or copy the item to a different list. For example, if I don't like the cherry tomatoes at Trader Joe's, with a couple of clicks I can move that item to Stop & Shop and that way I know to buy it there.

The reason that I'm mentioning this is because I could never manually create a list like this. I initially tried to create a list on Toodledo, but it became hard to maintain and hard to keep track of what I managed to buy unless I printed out the list. Granted, this was when lists were first introduced and maybe they weren't that powerful and maybe I didn't know what I was doing, but it does point out that sometimes a "purpose-built" app is better than a generic feature.

It's true that you can end up with so many different apps that it drives you crazy. That's what one has to balance.
aaron.c.salls

Hi all,

We've shared an update and to make things easier to follow, we'll be consolidating these discussions onto that thread.

Thanks,
Aaron
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.