ForumsNewsFuture Plans

Future Plans
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 06, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
This is an exciting time for Toodledo! We are about to transition ownership of your favorite productivity tool to a smart group of people who are going to take Toodledo to the next level.

I started Toodledo 14 years ago to manage my own tasks and I never thought it would grow so big and become so popular. I couldn't have done it without a lot of talented collaborators over the years, and all of you guys, our wonderful loyal users. Together, we have built the most powerful productivity tool on the internet.

There are still a lot of ways that Toodledo can grow and improve, but I feel like I personally have taken Toodledo as far as I can take it. Now, it's time for me to step back and let some new talent take it further.

So, without further ado, let me introduce the new team of Ramon, Sam and Anant. Ive been talking with these guys for awhile now, and I have the utmost confidence that they will do a great job. Starting next week, we will begin the transition and start talking about their plans for the future.

I'm still a big Toodledo power user, so Im not disappearing. I'll linger for awhile to make sure that the transition goes smoothly and after that I'll still be using Toodledo and popping up in these forums.

This message was edited Jul 09, 2018.
Sam

Score: 24 Reference
Hey folks,

This is Sam, one of Toodledo's new owners.

Along with Ramon, Anant, and the rest of our growing team, I just wanted to say how excited we are to take Toodledo to the next level.

Our team has started a handful of internet companies, nearly all of which were focused around communty, and we were incredibly impressed at the loyal Jake has created around productivity and Toodledo.

But let's cut to the chase.

Many of you have used Toodledo for years and may be thinking to yourself: I hope these guys don't screw up a product that I already love.

Don't worry...we don't have any major changes in mind, yet.

Our plan is to improve Toodledo using this community's insights, feedback, and opinion.

The goal? Make Toodledo the best damn productivity tool out there.

Over the next few weeks we'll speak 1-on-1 with as many of you as possible before we make any big changes. We want to know why you love Toodledo, what you want us to improve, what you dislike about the product, and how you use it.

Addionally, I'll be super active in this forum, answering as many questions as possible, telling you about upcoming product features, and listening to your feedback.

And so, to kick things off, I'd love it if you could use this Google Form (https://goo.gl/forms/SbIVmgyGn0e27GKd2) and tell me a little about yourself, why you love Toodledo, and if you'd be willing to talk with me via email or phone.

Alright...talk soon.

If you need to reach me, please email me at [email protected]. This email will be set up by Saturday, July 7th.

- sam

PS: Here's the link again...would love your insight: https://goo.gl/forms/SbIVmgyGn0e27GKd2

This message was edited Jul 06, 2018.
pawelkaleta

Score: 19 Reference
First of all, thank you very much for Jake for everything, there's no doubt that damn good job has been done here.

Congratulations for new guys, yes, "don't screw up a product that I already love" is the best comment I would also personally use at this stage.

When it comes to feedback you'd like to gather, I think it's already collected here, on this forum, dozens of features requested since a long time that you can use as a starting point. There are threads in the forum you can make use of, like for example this one or many other. Of course, the fresh piece of information may become useful, but in my opinion, addressing what users requested since years would be the best proof of your commitment to Toodledo users.

CJD

Score: 8 Reference
Jake, also thank you for creating and supporting this wonderful product. I have been a Gold paying member for may years, and it is because although Toodledo is not perfect for everyone. It does a great job for me. There have been so many other productivity tools that have come and gone, but this has stayed strong. Thank you and best of luck to you.

Thanks,
Chris
Daron Brewood

Score: 20 Reference
Guys this worries the heck out of me. Toodledo has been my go to productivity tool for a lot of years and across many platforms; web, iOS and Android. It is the only platform that meets my needs for organisational control.

Fingers crossed that you do not ruin the experience and keep me productive!

Thanks and good luck to all!
Douglas Osvath

Score: 26 Reference
Congratulations Jake!

Welcome, Sam, Ramon, Anant and team.

From my experience I am always leery when there is a change of ownership in any business.

I am leery when a change of ownership occurs because people do not purchase a business unless they perceive that there will be a return on the initial investment with increased revenues in the future. As a businessman, I have never purchased a business unless these two conditions could realistically be met.

With that being said, I am sure that eventually our subscription prices will increase and be blamed on the need for additional employees, better computer architecture and some enhanced features that will be unimportant to many. Call me selfish and/ or rude, however this has been my experience with online services after they have been sold.

I do want to wish you all the best of luck in making Toodledo "The best damn productivity tool out there," and I will patiently wait to see how this transition goes before researching alternative solutions. I personally already feel that Toodledo is the best productivity tool available at its price point.
Finally, in your own words..." I hope these guys don't screw up a product that I already love."

Kind regards and respect,

Doug
Sam

Score: 0 Reference
Posted by pawelkaleta:
First of all, thank you very much for Jake for everything, there's no doubt that damn good job has been done here.

Congratulations for new guys, yes, "don't screw up a product that I already love" is the best comment I would also personally use at this stage.

When it comes to feedback you'd like to gather, I think it's already collected here, on this forum, dozens of features requested since a long time that you can use as a starting point. There are threads in the forum you can make use of, like for example this one or many other. Of course, the fresh piece of information may become useful, but in my opinion, addressing what users requested since years would be the best proof of your commitment to Toodledo users.

Agreed - we'll be reviewing the forum and subreddit a TON.

And yes - we don't plan on screwing things up. That said, I'll go ahead and apologize for any future mistake because we will without a doubt make them. But our plan of attack is to work with the community to push everything forward and not just launch major changes without your insight.
Sam

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Daron Brewood:
Guys this worries the heck out of me. Toodledo has been my go to productivity tool for a lot of years and across many platforms; web, iOS and Android. It is the only platform that meets my needs for organisational control.

Fingers crossed that you do not ruin the experience and keep me productive!

Thanks and good luck to all!

Daron,

I understand why you're worried. But as I've said in other places, no major changes are coming until we talk with as many users as possible. And, while we will make mistakes along the way, we will be transparent about upcoming changes and get your insight along the way.

You can always email me if you want to let me know any feedback or anything like that: [email protected].

sam
Sam

Score: 4 Reference
Posted by Douglas Osvath:
Congratulations Jake!

From my experience I am always leery when there is a change of ownership in any business.

I am leery when a change of ownership occurs because people do not purchase a business unless they perceive that there will be a return on the initial investment with increased revenues in the future. As a businessman, I have never purchased a business unless these two conditions could realistically be met.

With that being said, I am sure that eventually our subscription prices will increase and be blamed on the need for additional employees, better computer architecture and some enhanced features that will be unimportant to many. Call me selfish and/ or rude, however this has been my experience with online services after they have been sold.

I do want to wish you all the best of luck in making Toodledo "The best damn productivity tool out there," and I will patiently wait to see how this transition goes before researching alternative solutions. I personally already feel that Toodledo is the best productivity tool available at its price point.
Finally, in your own words..." I hope these guys don't screw up a product that I already love."

Doug

Hey Doug,

I don't blame you for being nervous. We see it in the news all the time. Companies sell and then the new owners screw it up. That said, there are many examples of this done properly. Companies buy new products and push them forward and the community loves it. We're going to make Toodle one of those examples.

And we appreciate you giving us the benefit of the doubt before looking for a new product!!

sam
Douglas Osvath

Score: 2 Reference
Posted by Sam:
Posted by Douglas Osvath:
Congratulations Jake!

Doug

Hey Doug,

I don't blame you for being nervous. We see it in the news all the time. Companies sell and then the new owners screw it up. That said, there are many examples of this done properly. Companies buy new products and push them forward and the community loves it. We're going to make Toodle one of those examples.

And we appreciate you giving us the benefit of the doubt before looking for a new product!!

sam

Thanks for the assurance Sam!
I think my nervousness may have gotten the best of me. I will surely give you and your team the benefit of the doubt.

Doug
chowell

Score: 20 Reference
Hi,

I have used Toodledo for years and it's been extremely handy. I don't have a lot of sophisticated needs, so I'm not sure if other apps on the market would suit me as well.

Two items:

1. Will you continue to offer the free version now available? I am a non-paying user (but have recommended it to many people over the years).

2. Suggested enhancement: A way to reassign all tasks not done today to tomorrow's date (or all overdue to "today") with 1-2 clicks.

Thanks and good luck with your new venture!

Carla
AA

Score: 1 Reference
To echo what others said, my top wish is not to remove/screw up any current features. I avoid any and all updates, both apps and operating systems, because upgrading, in my experience (not necessarily relating to Toodledo), typically brings lots of headache, often more headaches than benefits.

My second wish would be to support Markdown in all notes fields... and add the time-stamp button to notes fields attached to tasks, too, not just to notes! :-)

jolesker_2

Score: 27 Reference
Hi New Guys:

One and only one request: for Heaven's sake, be cautious and more cautious about making any changes to Toodledo. Just a brief scan of your comments leaves me queasy. Here's an example: "...no major changes are coming until we talk with as many users as possible." Gosh.

That sounds a lot like major changes are coming, and too soon.

Guys: I haven't met you. Maybe you're geniuses. But my working life depends on this tool. Please remember the old maxim: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Please also notice: TOODLEDO IS NOT BROKEN.

Good luck to you and all of us from

A Loyal Silver Subscriber of Many Years named

Josh
mjbernstein

Score: 13 Reference
Hello

My name is Marc Bernstein. I am a liver doctor in St. Louis and have used Toodledo for years. I keep myself organized personally--business of course is on a HIPAA compliant massive data service. This turnover reminds me that I have entrusted a lot of planning to what seems to be a small operation. I am a platinum member--not because I need it but that is what the service is worth to me and how heavily I depend on it.

So with this transition I was wondering in the new owners might a bit more introduce themselves--training, computer-experience, business-experience, and stability? To be frank, how do we know that this is not three just graduated post-colleges being bankrolled by parents cutting their teeth on an online business into which they have no real skin the in the game such that one day Toodledo is just whoosh...Toodledone and Toodlegone?

As far as advancements (1) Add a calendar--I use Google for that but I am underwhelmed and (2) Refresh the user interface and add some color!

Good luck,

Marc
dandrei

Score: 10 Reference
never change a winning horse, never, never
dorjacks

Score: 3 Reference
Thanks for the great product, Jake, wish you well in your new adventures.

Congrats to the new owners. Keep up the good work.

I agree with Marc. I've been asking for a regular calendar (for adding events, not tasks, similar to Outlook's) a long time. I don't use the other vendor calendars. Toodledo can provide the best avenue for a useable calendar!

Thanks again!
Sam

Posted by mjbernstein:
Hello

My name is Marc Bernstein. I am a liver doctor in St. Louis and have used Toodledo for years. I keep myself organized personally--business of course is on a HIPAA compliant massive data service. This turnover reminds me that I have entrusted a lot of planning to what seems to be a small operation. I am a platinum member--not because I need it but that is what the service is worth to me and how heavily I depend on it.

So with this transition I was wondering in the new owners might a bit more introduce themselves--training, computer-experience, business-experience, and stability? To be frank, how do we know that this is not three just graduated post-colleges being bankrolled by parents cutting their teeth on an online business into which they have no real skin the in the game such that one day Toodledo is just whoosh...Toodledone and Toodlegone?

As far as advancements (1) Add a calendar--I use Google for that but I am underwhelmed and (2) Refresh the user interface and add some color!

Good luck,

Marc

Hey Marc,

I'm from STL too. Went to SLUH and am from South City. Nice to meet you and thanks for the insights...means a ton.

I'm Sam. Went to Belmont University on a track and field scholarship. From there, I moved to Silicon Valley to start a few internet startups. A couple of them are many many millions in revenue and serving millions of customers. I specialize in creating cool products, leadership, and content marketing.

My partner here is Ramon. He's from Holland, moving to America many years ago. He's started many sites, the most popular ones being a product that helps people find flights and the world's most popular soap opera blog (go figure!).

Addionally, on our team (as employees and/or advisors) are a founder who created a large telecoomunications business that was acquired by one of the large telecoms, another founder who helped build a software business acquired by Rackspace, and a few other successful folks in the software space.

So, while there's a TON we have to learn, we've got a solid team with great experience behind us!

Hopefully this is a proper intro!
Sam

Score: -1 Reference
Posted by jolesker_2:
Hi New Guys:

One and only one request: for Heaven's sake, be cautious and more cautious about making any changes to Toodledo. Just a brief scan of your comments leaves me queasy. Here's an example: "...no major changes are coming until we talk with as many users as possible." Gosh.

That sounds a lot like major changes are coming, and too soon.

Guys: I haven't met you. Maybe you're geniuses. But my working life depends on this tool. Please remember the old maxim: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Please also notice: TOODLEDO IS NOT BROKEN.

Good luck to you and all of us from

A Loyal Silver Subscriber of Many Years named

Josh

Thanks Josh! There are no major changes in the works at the moment but we'll 100% let folks know when/if they are coming.

Sam

Posted by chowell:
Hi,

I have used Toodledo for years and it's been extremely handy. I don't have a lot of sophisticated needs, so I'm not sure if other apps on the market would suit me as well.

Two items:

1. Will you continue to offer the free version now available? I am a non-paying user (but have recommended it to many people over the years).

2. Suggested enhancement: A way to reassign all tasks not done today to tomorrow's date (or all overdue to "today") with 1-2 clicks.

Thanks and good luck with your new venture!

Carla

Thanks for the suggestion. As of now, we have no planned product updates or pricing changes in the works. We're going to spend the next few weeks/months getting to know the community and will announce any changes ahead of time.
md4ice

Score: 5 Reference
Thanks Jake for creating an exquisitely designed productivity tool. I have been a user for many years and I've been continually impressed with the power and logic of the Toodledo task management system you and your team have developed over the last 14 years.

I'm hopeful you have left it in good hands.

Mike
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.