ForumsNewsFuture Plans

Future Plans
Brian12

Posted: Oct 18, 2018
Score: 7 Reference
$20 to $60/yr is an insane increase and completely unacceptable. Too bad I just renewed. I guess I have one year to find an alternative because I will most certainly not pay this much money for a task list. Super disappointing.
andy_1339337623

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Brian12:
$20 to $60/yr is an insane increase and completely unacceptable. Too bad I just renewed. I guess I have one year to find an alternative because I will most certainly not pay this much money for a task list. Super disappointing.

To be fair, Toodledo is much more than a task list. That said, yes it's a big increase. I am also unlikely to renew because I don't actually use the product much, and $60 is not worth it.

There is one caveat however. The reason I don't use it much is that it's not pleasant to use. There's just a chance that it will become so enjoyable to use that I will switch back to it, in which case, who knows? $60 might seem like a snip!

I can understand your irritation. I felt the same way this morning, when i saw the email. But once I'd calmed down I thought well OK, I'm paid up for another 174 days. I might as well wait and see what they come up with in that period. Currently the plan is not to renew but let's see.

You're in a very good position. As you've just renewed at the current price, you'll have a full year in which to start get the benefits of the improved product at the lower cost. Those who are due to renew just after the price increase are the unfortunate ones.

Count your blessings!

This message was edited Oct 18, 2018.
Amccay

Score: 2 Reference
Well, at least I have almost two years left on my current subscription before I have to cancel. That should give me enough time to convert to a different APP.

LOVED Toodledo for the almost 8 years that I have used it everyday!
AA

Score: 5 Reference
Guys, you all seem to assume that the current functionality will be preserved beyond January 1st.

However, there seems to be an ominous suggestion in the communications received from Toodledo so far, as if Habits, Lists et al might not survive it beyond January 1st?

Then your argument, "Well, I still have 174 days to wait and see" will become instantly moot. I have over 300 days left in my account, but if they remove Habits and Lists come January 1st, I'm out of here immediately.

And I would request a refund – as someone mentioned earlier, if they suddenly remove current functionality from the software, this might be classified as "breach of contract". I paid my annual Gold subscription back in August to include Habits, Lists and everything else for the full year, period. Removing Habits and Lists would be completely unacceptable for me. Yes, they're secondary to tasks management, but they have become crucial parts of Toodledo for me as well.

korey99

Score: 0 Reference
Actually, now that I see it, they are offering the Gold plan for $7.49 / yr. That is an acceptable price, but really weird that Silver is far more expensive than Gold. Can you please help me cancel my current subscription so I can pay for a new year of Gold?

https://imgur.com/a/bTCpl98

https://www.toodledo.com/subscribe/index.php

J.O.D.

Posted: Oct 19, 2018
I still think that the other modules (Habits, Lists etc.) just won't be developed any further, not that they are going away. Otherwise it would be false advertising, as they have it on the landing page... And why is it not part of the plans? I think they simply are not caring about anything but tasks right now.
glen.hodges

Really, kind of annoying, and disappointing, tripling the cost. I understand its your company in a free market,but I may be voting with my feet. It's just too expensive for how I use ToodleDo. I'm a long time user/subscriber, few years anyway. I will be seriously reevaluating my system in Q4. In the back of my mind, I knew it was a matter of time for price increase since I saw the announcement being sold. Looks like the new Gold Offering, at least for now, shows the exact same features as the old offering, only triple the price. I just need a ToDo List, so not really interested in collaboration or other features. I will keep an open mind but really feel I have 99 days to figure things out. I can't see paying that much for a To Do List. Good luck, it's been fun.
J.O.D.

This is a terrible situation for all of us. I have changed my mind at least four times during last three days! I have already deleted my tasks and transfered them to another tool, yet here I am again, renewing my monthly Gold and restoring all tasks, as every other tool I have tried fails short in some aspects I love about Toodledo. So, the owners now have a little more than 2 months to actually present something other then increased pricing. Not because of me, but because of new users registered after January the 1st going down to zero (honestly, just checking the pricing of plans would probably put me off at once).

This message was edited Oct 19, 2018.
mikael_be

Posted by korey99:
Actually, now that I see it, they are offering the Gold plan for $7.49 / yr. That is an acceptable price, but really weird that Silver is far more expensive than Gold. Can you please help me cancel my current subscription so I can pay for a new year of Gold?

Huh, when I look at the pricing page in a incognito browser window, I get the price of $7.49/mo, not per year...
J.O.D.

Posted by mikael_be:
Posted by korey99:

Huh, when I look at the pricing page in a incognito browser window, I get the price of $7.49/mo, not per year...

Actually it is $7.49/mo when payed annualy, isn't it?
pawelkaleta

It is now 7.49/month. But it differs slightly from korey99's screenhot shared on imgur where it says "/YR". Possibly they found mistake/typo in the meantime and have corrected it already.
Ummagumma

Score: 4 Reference
Posted by J.O.D.:
This is a terrible situation for all of us. I have changed my mind at least four times during last three days! I have already deleted my tasks and transfered them to another tool, yet here I am again, renewing my monthly Gold and restoring all tasks, as every other tool I have tried fails short in some aspects I love about Toodledo. So, the owners now have a little more than 2 months to actually present something other then increased pricing. Not because of me, but because of new users registered after January the 1st going down to zero (honestly, just checking the pricing of plans would probably put me off at once).

It all depends on what features you used most, and what systems you’re migrating to.

I’ve already moved all of my tasks to Outlook / GoodTask combo, syncing via Reminders. I retained most of the features that I use (Start Date, custom filtering (aka saved searches), tags). I lost some features that I didn’t use (Contexts, Goals, multiple priority levels), some features that I couldn’t use because they wouldn’t sync to 2Do and Toodledo’s own mobile app is buggy and unreliable (task status, attachments), and the ability to access the full-featured version of my task list on web. I gained push sync with Outlook, the ability to create tasks from emails on my desktop without having to forward them to another email address, the ability to share my tasks with people in my organization (via Exchange) and family members (via Reminders) without having all of them subscribe to Toodledo. The biggest hurdle to overcome was the fact that Outlook (and GoodTask) don’t allow assigning a Start date without having a Due date; this took me a whopping hour to adjust to.

I am prepaid for the Gold account until the end of October 2019, just renewed a few weeks ago at the old rate of $30. It doesn’t make sense for me to keep using the service until the subscription expires, I would be just delaying the inevitable, and taking the chance that the whole thing will fold just as I am up to my ears in work and don’t have the time for a sudden drastic workflow adjustment. I will be keeping an eye on Toodledo in case they pull off a miracle and produce a service that I would be glad to pay for at 3x the price of it’s biggest competitor. Otherwise, they can keep my $30, along with wishes of best of luck.

J.O.D.

I am testing other tools for the next two months, while completing my tasks on Toodledo, and I am pretty sure that should I finally leave, I will have to adapt myself to a new system. Especially start dates are a must for me. Contexts can be replaced with labels/tags/whatever, but start date not so easily. However thanks for a tip to consider.
tjgraf_todo

I am prepaid for the Gold account until the end of October 2019, just renewed a few weeks ago at the old rate of $30. It doesn’t make sense for me to keep using the service until the subscription expires, I would be just delaying the inevitable, and taking the chance that the whole thing will fold just as I am up to my ears in work and don’t have the time for a sudden drastic workflow adjustment. I will be keeping an eye on Toodledo in case they pull off a miracle and produce a service that I would be glad to pay for at 3x the price of it’s biggest competitor. Otherwise, they can keep my $30, along with wishes of best of luck.

I'm in the same boat, but paid through August 2020 - bad timing to re-up for 2 years! But I'm also not going to wait around as I'm starting a new job so this is the best time to migrate to a new system (already fully loaded on Todoist and so far happy with integration to Alexa and Google Calendar as well).

That said...is there any way that we can "donate" our existing subscriptions? I am sure they won't give my my money back, but I'd be happy to let someone else use Toodledo on my dollar for the next 21 months.
korey99

Posted by pawelkaleta:
It is now 7.49/month. But it differs slightly from korey99's screenhot shared on imgur where it says "/YR". Possibly they found mistake/typo in the meantime and have corrected it already.

Yep, looks like it's been corrected now. I didn't get my discount though!
juergen_1352601822

Goodbye Toodledo! Free market - free customer decisions.
mjbernstein

Oh nevermind--no empty threats. Honestly, I like Toodledo. I am used to it and I have invested a lot into it (time, practice, data).

I am hoping for the best but will be prepared for the worst.

I already have pdf backups of everything that matters.

I am pulling for the developers but will say this--I really an not iOS nor Android app centric. I want the web utility improved.

I must say that while I have posted I do not think I have gotten a direct peep from any of the powers thaat run it and certainly, I do not feel the love.

So without emotion--if it stays worthwhile--that would be best and if not, I'll take care of myself. What I can say is that the only concrete changes that I have seen are a very plain jane redo of the home page that I skip anyhow and a price increase which affects me down the road.

Marc

frogboy

Posted by mjbernstein:
Oh nevermind--no empty threats. Honestly, I like Toodledo. I am used to it and I have invested a lot into it (time, practice, data).

I am hoping for the best but will be prepared for the worst.

I already have pdf backups of everything that matters.

I am pulling for the developers but will say this--I really an not iOS nor Android app centric. I want the web utility improved.

I must say that while I have posted I do not think I have gotten a direct peep from any of the powers thaat run it and certainly, I do not feel the love.

So without emotion--if it stays worthwhile--that would be best and if not, I'll take care of myself. What I can say is that the only concrete changes that I have seen are a very plain jane redo of the home page that I skip anyhow and a price increase which affects me down the road.

Marc

Marc, I emailed Aaron directly - got a decent reply from him. Seems open to well reasoned suggestions. I think they are very much ears still. Might be worth you dropping him a line and tell him your fears/concerns.
prasta

What alternative are you all looking into?
Want to make a slack or facebook group so we can help eachother identify what meets our needs?
I went through this process before toodledo with IQTELL.

BTW, I love toodledo but I think they will go out of business within 1-2 years.This happened with IQTELL -- they rolled out a beautiful update and increased prices - shortly after we got a message saying they were closing down in a month or so.

It helps us all to have considered backup options in case things go south with toodledo. Being in an urgent situation SUCKS!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.