ForumsNewsWe’re Back

We’re Back
Philippe L

Posted: Aug 23, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
Hi wickendeng,

Why did you write that there is chaos in Toodledo?

I have not installed the beta version and I have not seen any chaos in the official version on my iPhone 8 Plus and my iPad.

I have just renewed my annual subscription to Toodledo Plus.

I trust Toodledo and I hope that I made the good choice (I have 2544 tasks in Toodledo and it would be a lot of work to migrate them to RTM, even if the Toodledo tasks can be automatically imported into RTM).

Fingers crossed :-) ...

This message was edited Aug 23, 2020.
Philippe L

Posted: Aug 23, 2020
Sorry, I made a mistake in my message posted yesterday:

Posted by Philippe L:
Hi Nailseauk and Laurence_1573215849,

[...]
Unfortunately there is no Saas mode from a web browser and I cannot use RTM on my professional PC:
The IT department of my company will not allow the installation of a Windows software which has not been validated by the IT department to be used by all employees (IT security policy).
[...]

I can see that there is a SaaS mode in RTM:
https://www.rememberthemilk.com/app/#all
Dr.Asimov

Posted: Aug 27, 2020
Posted by Philippe L:

Hard to believe TickTick is better than Toodledo!

I moved to TickTick a couple of months ago and I'm very happy. I think it all depends on your needs. In my case being able to have a kanban view was a killer feature for me. While at Toodledo for me (I have to deal with lots of 'projects' and the same time) it was very difficult to see what I was working on and each project tasks. In TickTick this is a breeze.I never really used tasks length, duration, etc and being on top of my tasks at any given time is more important for me.

As a side note, TickTick is being actively developed, a sign that you will have support and influence in new features.

This message was edited Aug 27, 2020.
Ummagumma

Posted: Aug 28, 2020
Score: 1 Reference
At a risk of sounding as a broken record, since this came up before, I would not trust any business related tasks to a China-based service. Unless you have absolutely zero proprietary project, company, or customer information in them. TickTick is a good,well thought through design, and I am sure that their team is top notch; but their location means they have no choice in who gets access to their servers.
alangoldsmith

Posted: Sep 05, 2020
Any chance you'll finally include snooze?
oletros

Posted: Sep 08, 2020
Posted by Anant G.:
Posted by olivier.streichenberger:
Posted by olivier.streichenberger:
Hi Anant,
It came back with a new calendar, and it's now working with Outlook again. Thks

Hi Anant,
It isn't updating as it used to do. Hence could you please restore this functionality. The fact that you don't reply to any post and that nothing is happening is very disturbing for a long time user like me. I don't want to change my system for task but I am puzzled....! When is the Android new interface scheduled ?
Olivier

Can you reach out to me at [email protected] and I will look into this. Android new interface is scheduled by end of May.

Four months later, silence.

The last blog update was from June, there are no single news about the Android app
BillH99999

Posted: Sep 08, 2020
Score: 2 Reference
Posted by Philippe L:
Posted by BillH99999:
I moved to TickTick a couple weeks back and it works great. Had used Toodledo for many years.

Hard to believe TickTick is better than Toodledo!

I never said it was better, just that it worked great.
alangoldsmith

Posted: Sep 09, 2020
So where are you?
pruden

Posted: Sep 10, 2020
Anant,

Any idea when, in the iPhone app, the “open bug for multi-line layout” will be fixed, and color coding of priorities will be restored? Thanks.
jzamoras

Posted: Sep 10, 2020
seems to me we are beating a dead horse here...
pruden

Posted: Sep 12, 2020
Sadly, jzamoras, I think you’re probably right.
Brigitte Gemme

Posted: Sep 15, 2020
I'm very sad about this. I've started migrating to RTM after 10+ years on Toodledo. I will miss the separate outlines and habit tracking. But I just can't trust my action system to an unresponsive company.
Anthony_Taylor

Posted: Sep 16, 2020
I bought my subscription while it was on offer and I still have a couple of years on it, but I have left. I am using todoist. It works very well, alexa integration and now kanban layouts. I did like toodledo, but I can't stay with a company that isnt investing or improving. Bugs were not fixed, features never implemented and the new promises broken.

I do miss the true start and end dates, but I can live with it especially when I can see development and improvements happening consistently.

Toodledo feels more like take the money, see how long it lasts while doing nothing. Its just a cash churner while we do something else.

This message was edited Sep 16, 2020.
Ummagumma

Posted: Sep 16, 2020
Posted by Anthony_Taylor:
I bought my subscription while it was on offer and I still have a couple of years on it, but I have left. I am using todoist. It works very well, alexa integration and now kanban layouts. I did like toodledo, but I can't stay with a company that isnt investing or improving. Bugs were not fixed, features never implemented and the new promises broken.

I do miss the true start and end dates, but I can live with it especially when I can see development and improvements happening consistently.

Toodledo feels more like take the money, see how long it lasts while doing nothing. Its just a cash churner while we do something else.

What works for me is for the tasks with a set deadline, I will use due date as a start date, and put the actual due date at the beginning of subject. Like this:

2020.09.25 Task ABC (Due 9/17)

This way, I can sort alphabetically to get a list of tasks with actual hard deadlines, arranged by actual due dates.

This message was edited Sep 16, 2020.
andrew.porter

Posted: Sep 19, 2020
Hi Anant.

Ive been with Toodledo for many years and am finding the recent iOS issues just a joke. The app simply does not work, despite many times having uninstalled it and reinstalled it. When i made an inquiry i was told to use the browser version "for the time being", which is simply not practical on an iphone.

Can you PLEASE Anant give us a definitive date on getting the app fixed. You have happily sent me a reminder that the subscription is due. Well perhaps fix your product and i will just do that. 3/10.
Philippe L

Posted: Sep 22, 2020
Hi Anant,

I've also been with Toodledo for many years (I use Toodledy Plus).

I cannot modify the task titles on my iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 14.0.
When I modify a task title, the modification is lost after clicking on "Save".
I use the official Toodledo app version 3.4.1 (5649) available on the Apple’s App Store.
Does this issue come from an incompatibility between Toodledo 3.4.1 and iOS14.0?
When will this issue be fixed?

This message was edited Sep 22, 2020.
Philippe L

Posted: Sep 22, 2020
Hi Anant,

I've found another issue on my iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 14.0 and the official Toodledo app version 3.4.1 (5649):

When I click on "Delete Task" the task is not deleted.

When will this issue be fixed?
Philippe L

Posted: Sep 23, 2020
Very strange!
This morning (6:30 a.m. in France), I can modify the task titles on my iPhone 8 Plus with iOS14 and the official Toodledo app version 3.4.1 (5649).
Yesterday I could not.

Post updated:
and at 10 a.m. I can't modify the task titles!
What is this random bug?
I am getting crazy!

This message was edited Sep 23, 2020.
Ummagumma

Posted by Philippe Lahalle:
Very strange!
This morning (6:30 a.m. in France), I can modify the task titles on my iPhone 8 Plus with iOS14 and the official Toodledo app version 3.4.1 (5649).
Yesterday I could not.

Post updated:
and at 10 a.m. I can't modify the task titles!
What is this random bug?
I am getting crazy!

While I am not a developer, this to me seems to indicate server sync issues.

This message was edited Sep 23, 2020.
Philippe L

Hi Ummagumma

Thank you for your help.

I think that this is not a server sync issue because the bug also appears when my iPhone is in airplane mode.

I have never updated the Toodledo app on my iPhone and it worked in the past.

Maybe the bug is an incompatibility with iOS 14.0 that I updated last week on my iPhone.

I hope that the next Toodledo official release will come very soon on the App Store and will fix this bug...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.