tonny.joost

Posted: Feb 03, 2012
Score: 2 Reference
I´ll translate it to Danish...
xzonisy

Posted: Feb 04, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
hi ~

i can help to translate to Chinese Trad. if anyone need .
woersty

Posted: Feb 12, 2012
German still at 97%?
I've translated all strings but there are some strings left which will be asked to translate again and again.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 12, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
It is waiting for some second opinions. It takes several different people to verify that a translation is accurate before it will be marked as complete.
Eitan_d

Posted: Feb 17, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
I will help you translate it to Hebrew
jessi.Breede

Posted: Feb 18, 2012
just want to know if and when the german language will be implemented in the current web face.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 20, 2012
Score: 2 Reference
This is on our to-do list, but it is our policy to not comment on our roadmap or delivery dates for future feature improvements.
Torysch

Posted: Feb 24, 2012
Awesome sounding project!

I'd be happy to help if you decide to add a translation of Latin! I'm taking it in high school.
I also know a bit of German, but I don't think that would help- emphasis on a bit. And I mean, like katzen means cat, and hund means dog, et cetera. And I can't spell in German. :3

This message was edited Feb 25, 2012.
Torysch

Posted: Feb 24, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
Whoops... Not sure how to stop the italicizing after 'a bit.'
mikael_be

Posted: Jun 09, 2012
Just a thought: it would be nice to start with translations of core concepts, like "next action", "goal", "due date" and so on, before they go into longer strings or sentences, as I now see (in the Swedish translations) several cases where different translated strings uses different translations of these concepts.
Neither is it a simple matter of asking toodledo's staff to do a final search&replace on the final translation to settle on e.g. one of the options "mål"/"målsättning" (for 'goal'), as they have different gender and would require changes in some adjectives as well.*

*Yes, I finally found one case where there was a 9 character limitation for this particular string, invalidating the latter option, but I have not had the energy to go back and make sure I voted for/added the shorter in every single string...
gmehmetay

Posted: Aug 16, 2012
If need be, I could translate to Turkish.
teresacuervo

Posted: Sep 06, 2012
Are you crowdsourcing your translations?
Studio

Posted: Jan 22, 2013
When italian version will be avaible for web site ? It's a long waiting ...
Steven_S

Dutch should be done now...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Great. Thanks!
kuanding

Posted: Jan 31, 2013
I can do Traditional Chinese if that's an option in the future :)
notafishz

Posted: Feb 05, 2013
For what it's worth. I was looking at the French translation, and there are some translations that are simply impossible to do without more context. French has "gendered" adjectives and without knowing what something like "recent" for example refers to (a task, a folder, tasks, folders?) there is no way we can translate it accurately.

Same thing with such words as "any". Depending on the context, this might be translated in many different ways.

Is there any way to get more context on some translations?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 05, 2013
We will try to provide more context in the future. For now, the only thing to do will be to open the app and try to find where the text appears, which I know is tedious.

"Recent" is the heading for button you can press to reveal a menu of options for viewing tasks (recently added, recently completed and recently modified).

"Any" is a prefix used to take you to certain lists "Any Folder, Any Due-Date, etc"
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.