ForumsQuestionsAMA / Ask me Anything

AMA / Ask me Anything
Cheryl

Posted: Jan 10, 2022
Score: 1 Reference
I know I'm late to the party as its now January and just saw this post. Would love to see Toodledo gain the popularity that a Toodledo Setup Guide gets created by the David Allen group for posting on their GTD Connect site.
davidfitzgerald10

Posted: Jan 11, 2022
Score: 0 Reference
davidfitzgerald10

Posted: Dec 26, 2021Score: 1 Quote Reference
Hello New Team and Good Luck. I've used Toodledo on and off for years and love it tbh. I'm debating upgrading to a paid subscription to support the product but .....My question and concern is about the security of our information; as well as the excellent Task app, I use it extensively for Notes, some of which contain slightly sensitive info.

Can you give some assurance as to the protection of our info on your servers, especially compared to iNotes, which is my main potential alternative and where the iCloud security seems strong? Are you considering bringing back desktop versions of Toodledo? That way we may secure info on our desktops instead of the cloud?

Many Thanks

Replying to my own msg above lol and I must learn how to screenshot

In the meantime, having been reminded of the superb functionality of the Tasks side and the product as a whole, I've upgraded and subscribed. The Notes functionality is still excellent, I will just not be storing any sensitive/confidential info there such as customer addresses, account numbers etc. Thanks Toodledo
dspriggs2

Posted: Jan 17, 2022
How do I file a help ticket? I seem to have lost all of my subtasks.
joodlejo

Posted: Jan 17, 2022
Posted by dspriggs2:
How do I file a help ticket? I seem to have lost all of my subtasks.

Here you go: https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Jan 18, 2022
Posted by davidfitzgerald10:
davidfitzgerald10

Hello New Team and Good Luck. I've used Toodledo on and off for years and love it tbh. I'm debating upgrading to a paid subscription to support the product but .....My question and concern is about the security of our information; as well as the excellent Task app, I use it extensively for Notes, some of which contain slightly sensitive info.

Can you give some assurance as to the protection of our info on your servers, especially compared to iNotes, which is my main potential alternative and where the iCloud security seems strong? Are you considering bringing back desktop versions of Toodledo? That way we may secure info on our desktops instead of the cloud?

Many Thanks

In the meantime, having been reminded of the superb functionality of the Tasks side and the product as a whole, I've upgraded and subscribed. The Notes functionality is still excellent, I will just not be storing any sensitive/confidential info there such as customer addresses, account numbers etc. Thanks Toodledo

Hi davidfitzgerald10 -
Thanks for your message, and apologize for the delay on this! Toodledo was designed using security best practices to protect your information while it's being captured, transmitted, handled, and stored. We're always reviewing different aspects of the system to continue growing the robustness of that protection.

While desktop versions of Toodledo are on our longterm roadmap, we are currently focusing most of our attention on the iOS, Android and web applications. We want to make sure that we bring these core platforms up to date before adding additional clients.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Jan 19, 2022
Posted by Cheryl:
I know I'm late to the party as its now January and just saw this post. Would love to see Toodledo gain the popularity that a Toodledo Setup Guide gets created by the David Allen group for posting on their GTD Connect site.

Cheryl,

Thanks a lot for your post.
Could you kindly elaborate what you meant with having a guide on the GTD site?

Thanks,
Hasnain
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted by davidfitzgerald10:
davidfitzgerald10

Many Thanks

David,

Thanks a lot for your good wishes.
We do have our data hosted currently with Rackspace and are paying a premium for having the data secured with the highest standards. As such we believe we offer a very high standard of securing our customer's data on top-of-the-line servers offering high availability and backups for storage safety.

Hope this answers your concerns.
rmwade55

I used Toodledo for a long time, and now would like to return. There is one thing that's holding me back. In the other task manager I'm using, I can create a filter to divide my day into morning, afternoon, and evening, and then sort by priority. So, for example, under "morning" I have tasks with varying priorities that are sorted by priority and then alphabetically. I'm trying to figure a way to do that with Toodledo. The only way I've thought of is to use tags, but if I use more than one tag for a task, there will be more than one grouping ("afternoon, email" and then "afternoon, health"). And the tags will be alphabetized (afternoon, evening, morning).

This may seem like hyper-sorting, but it is helpful to me. Does anyone have an idea how this might be done? Thanks.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted by rmwade55:
I used Toodledo for a long time, and now would like to return. There is one thing that's holding me back. In the other task manager I'm using, I can create a filter to divide my day into morning, afternoon, and evening, and then sort by priority. So, for example, under "morning" I have tasks with varying priorities that are sorted by priority and then alphabetically. I'm trying to figure a way to do that with Toodledo. The only way I've thought of is to use tags, but if I use more than one tag for a task, there will be more than one grouping ("afternoon, email" and then "afternoon, health"). And the tags will be alphabetized (afternoon, evening, morning).

This may seem like hyper-sorting, but it is helpful to me. Does anyone have an idea how this might be done? Thanks.

Hi there,

to get more feedback on this question I would suggest posting this in the Tips & Tricks section!
alangoldsmith

Where is Toodledo based, where are your servers hosted, and do you have any servers or operations or staff or use any services based in China? I currently use TickTick and just found out that they're based in Hong Kong. I'm deciding whether to move to Todoist or Toodledo, and it's appealing for me for security reasons that Todoist is based in Europe.

This message was edited Jan 19, 2022.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted by alangoldsmith:
Where is Toodledo based, where are your servers hosted, and do you have any servers or operations or staff or use any services based in China? I currently use TickTick and just found out that they're based in Hong Kong. I'm deciding whether to move to Todoist or Toodledo, and it's appealing for me for security reasons that Todoist is based in Europe.

Alan,
just responded to your post earlier today:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/6/28559/0/toodledo-and-china.html
Lillie Hsu personal

Posted: Jan 23, 2022
Score: 2 Reference
Hello, the android phone app is very important for me. There's one problem I would love to see fixed.

I often have a long list of tasks. I sort them by priority. If I open a task and edit it, and then go back to the main list, it loses my place and sends me to the top of the list. This is very inconvenient, because often I am reviewing all my tasks and editing them as I go along.

Please fix the app so that when you open a task and edit it, and then go back to the main list, it takes you back to the place where you were so you can continue going down the list and editing tasks. This is almost a deal-breaker for the phone app and has made it much less useful.

Also, less important, I suggest changing the look of the phone app and web app. The blue and brown color scheme is very unappealing. While this does not affect functionality, it makes the app less enjoyable to use.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Jan 24, 2022
Lillie,

Thanks a lot for your input.
I will convey your input to our developers and ensure they will consider this when finalizing the apps!
jaygwood

Posted: Feb 09, 2022
Hi new owners,

I like the vertical screen for adding new tasks in the new interface. I would really like it if a user could select an existing task to see it in that same view, where long fields wrap to the next line and nothing is out of view. That would give users the quick visual scan ability of the task grid view, and an easy way to quickly access a task record where all fields are fully visible.
Wendel Post deleted
president1308

Posted: Mar 03, 2022
Hi guys,

during these years I've tried endless apps, but I still think that Toodledo's flexibility and power are without competition.

I'd like to know if there is any limit to the total number of items that Toodledo can handle (overall and list-specific) and which is the degree of reliability of the syncing engine and the overall platform.

If I go full-time with Toodledo in the long term I'll probably have THOUSANDS of tasks and, since I'll use it also for work, I need to be sure that my data is safe and there is no risk of losing any task due to syncing problems or other technical issues.

Thanks!
Jack
NewLifetimePlus2019Aug

Posted: Mar 14, 2022
Lifetime Subscriptions / A number of us purchased lifetime subscriptions about 5 years ago, and some of them show expiration dates in the year 2024. Please look into this and advise us how to get that date changed to lifetime, or something much later than 2024. Thanks!
Scott Florack

Posted: Mar 22, 2022
Score: 3 Reference
Posted by NewLifetimePlus2019Aug:
Lifetime Subscriptions / A number of us purchased lifetime subscriptions about 5 years ago, and some of them show expiration dates in the year 2024. Please look into this and advise us how to get that date changed to lifetime, or something much later than 2024. Thanks!

Submit a ticket and they'll extend your subscription. I contacted them last month, and they said that their current system only allows an extension to 2025, but were working on a fix.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.