-8, so very late indeed for you

This message was edited Jan 24, 2011.
Andrew A

Posted Jan 19, 2011 in: Toodledo is a top iPhone/iPad app
Score: 1
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2011
  • Score: 1
I know... u wonder how many people use a service you use (when so few people you know in the real world use it*) and then you see it listed as a top paid app on your iphnone's app store or you see this...

*turned a couple of people onto toodledo... just can't seem to get the Mrs. to give it a go though.
Andrew A

Posted Jan 19, 2011 in: Some more updates...
Score: 0
  • Andrew A
  • Score: 0
#4...

thank you.
Andrew A

• Andrew A
oops... forget it. asked and answered already.

This message was edited Jan 19, 2011.
Andrew A

• Andrew A
  • Posted: Jan 17, 2011
It is a drop in the bucket compared to other services and their annual charges. I would use the free account for a while and see if that suits your needs. It was for me just for a couple of the extra features. For me it was the subtasks.... it was worth it.
Andrew A

Posted Jan 17, 2011 in: Repeat on 1st and 15th day of month
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Jan 17, 2011
I have two "identical" tasks that I want done every Monday and Thursday. Not real grief to set up and even less once it is done.

Monday repeats every monday and Thursday on thursday. Then that's it, you never give it another thought.

The appear done or not done as they should. What you may want to pay attention to is how they repeat. From completion is one option (so if you miss the actual day, it will repeat one week or one month from when you actually complete it) or from the due date no matter they actual completion date (as I have the two I am referencing).
Andrew A

Posted Jan 12, 2011 in: Overwhelm mode
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2011
Have you read David Allen's Getting Things Done? That sounds like it would be the place to start. Seriously, it is about controlling your tasks so that you do not feel overwhelming and all the energy just feeling that wastes.
Andrew A

Posted Jan 12, 2011 in: Returnees Unite
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2011
Tried a few... have been to some of the "GTD" task managers (always chuckle when I see an inbox since the GTD thing to do would be to not have one since you could file as you were entering the task, I digress), and keep on staying here and pay.

Why? It works. It's flexible enough to suit my interpretation (see rant above) of how things should work, and therefore it does work. It doesn't impinge my workflow by forcing their sense of it onto me. So I USE it. First step to any system is that it must be used and EASY to use. Not a chore, not something where you get lost in devising your system and lose site of getting things done.
Andrew A

• Andrew A
  • Posted: Jan 09, 2011
@DrLaban

LOL... for the same reason, I don't mind them being on the same level... with the same concept of subprojects, often various parts can move in parallel... as opposed to being "buried" in there. Keeps them under my nose, as it were. But I do use subtasks when necessary (and I suppose somewhat oddly), but more to group a set of related tasks rather than a project approach (a set of tasks with a broader goal)
Andrew A

Posted Jan 06, 2011 in: I freaking LOVE this software!
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2011
That would be very sweet integration point, I agree. The ability to associate a task with a gmail contact and calendar would be very sweet, and worth offering as a pro feature as well (let's be honest, the guy has got to make money somehow, though we both have paid).
Andrew A

Posted Jan 03, 2011 in: Firefox 3.6.13
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Jan 03, 2011
Ditto. No issues here with 3.6.13 on Windows XP or Windows 7
Andrew A

Posted Jan 03, 2011 in: Postponed vs Hold
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Jan 03, 2011
Yeah... Hold is near canceled for me if used at all.

@Kathy Waiting is what I use for dependencies
Andrew A

Posted Jan 02, 2011 in: 2010 Year In Review
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Jan 02, 2011
@kathy I'd have to agree. Even when I fall off the wagon, Toodledo is a trusted system and I can come back and pick up all the threads without too much additional stress. Further, I think Toodledo has earned the trusted system moniker. They seem to treat uptime with the level of importance it requires for a tasks system.
Andrew A

• Andrew A
  • Posted: Dec 31, 2010
LOL... well, yes... I had forgotten that. Thanks for reminding me about those settings. Yes, I was a little confused by the question, and now a little chagrined that I left it out!

Here's to a more detailed New Year!
Andrew A

Posted Dec 28, 2010 in: Native Android Application
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Dec 28, 2010
Probably just a vocabulary issue. Native usually means something built for that platform.

Native software: Software specifically written, compiled, or assembled to run on a particular system. Native code uses all the individual features of the target system with no regard for generality or portability.

So there are lots of native android apps that synch with toodledo. That said, I would, looking forward to when I move away from my iphone, love one from the TD developers or SOMEONE that mimics the workflow and interface of their iPhone app. I like it as it is.

That said, TD is well worth the money, or you can continue to use the free version. Both android and iphone and whatever else with a new browser can handle both the web interface and slim web versions. And I would suspect that the whole reason that companies publish APIs is so that other developers can fill customer needs or evolve the app to something else without the primary's permission or input.

This message was edited Dec 28, 2010.
Andrew A

• Andrew A
  • Posted: Dec 27, 2010
It's right there on the main screen, where it lists things like all tasks, hotlist starred, folders, then contexts. Touch it and it will move you to a list of your defined contexts, click the one you want to view, or did I misunderstand?
Andrew A

Posted Dec 26, 2010 in: Account expiring
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Dec 26, 2010
Is it possible that you might have started an account prior to this account with a different email address? I know I pull all my accounts into one client and sometimes confuse what came from where...

If not, I would open a ticket with them to get their attention ASAP:
https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php
Andrew A

• Andrew A
  • Posted: Dec 21, 2010
Yes.
Andrew A

Posted Dec 16, 2010 in: Why don't Toodledo have a test suite?
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Dec 16, 2010
@skynet

Even then it doesn't guarantee anything. We all want the best product we can get, but faster releases tend to mean slightly more issues... not a defense really, just an explanation. I for one prefer the feeling on momentum to waiting 6 months to a year for new features.
Andrew A

Posted Dec 14, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo Focus
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Dec 14, 2010
Except for some minor issues, as noted here and there, very sweet (a little flaky on Ubuntu/Firefox, some font and width issues, but no real issue on Windows/Firefox).

So this and toodldoish are current favorites.

(though I will add my two cents for putting back some working scrolling CSS)

This message was edited Dec 14, 2010.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next