ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Andrew A"
Andrew A

Posted Jun 15, 2010 in: December 31, 4000
Score: 0
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Jun 15, 2010
  • Score: 0
Why worry about it, you have loads of time.
Andrew A

Posted Jun 15, 2010 in: A quick suggestion
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Jun 15, 2010
Doesn't it sort of (mind you I said, sort of) already do that? A low priority with an overdue date is ranked higher than a medium priority that isn't overdue? I don't really need to use priorities that much, but IIRC that functionality was sort of implicit? Of course, I'm thinking Bytor is thinking of an in-between date, not the due date, but....
Andrew A

Posted Jun 14, 2010 in: Toodledo for iPad / iPhone version 2.0
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Jun 14, 2010
1) Thanks!
2) Found a label jumping bug, Iphone 3gs

Select all tasks, click the back/tasks arrow button on top.

Once it goes back to the main screen, all the label text below the top section (All Tasks, Hotlist, Starred), jumps left then shifts right back into the right position(e.g., folders, contexts, due dates, priorities does this little left-right shuffle).

Works whenever you go back (so not tied to just all tasks), the top labels stay anchored, the lower labels dance.

Edit: Thanks @melchiz1 for confirming. Support ticket created.

This message was edited Jun 14, 2010.
Andrew A

Posted Jun 14, 2010 in: AAND The Best Task Manager is....
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Jun 14, 2010
LOL... fun list and looking to pick up the disaffected RTM users... and an honesty update. I'm all for it, especially if we get enough new pro users that TD hires yet another developer (or UI developer).
Andrew A

Posted Jun 11, 2010 in: Working with multiple tasks
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Jun 11, 2010
The only way I know of is in the add multiple tasks view. (I don't use tags btw, so perhaps there is another way).
Andrew A

Posted Jun 11, 2010 in: Calendar
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Jun 11, 2010
Up there on the top, where it says view by, all the way on the right > calendar. (hard to see sometimes, agreed).
Andrew A

Posted Jun 09, 2010 in: Files and File Names and Pro Plus
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Jun 09, 2010
Thanks. I look forward to it!
Andrew A

Posted Jun 09, 2010 in: Files and File Names and Pro Plus
  • Andrew A
I wouldn't mind going super duper pro so I could attach files... but...

https://www.toodledo.com/info/files.php
"Keep in mind that filenames must be unique. If you upload a file that has the same name as an existing file, the new file will replace the old file."

Now I am just a schmuck who likely has lots of files with the same name (ok, really just a few) and I just know I would not think anything about it as I was uploading these files and accidentally clobber an existing file with a new file of the same name.

1) It really isn't that hard to rename files on the way up or down (back to the original name) and track 'em in the db and
2) Is there a warning of some kind that the file name already exists?

I know files are the value proposition to upgrade, I'm hooked, I just can't use it as documented and kick a couple of extra bucks your way.

Hey, maybe the docs are old and need to be updated and the enhancement is already there?
Andrew A

Posted Jun 09, 2010 in: why is there a new "actions" icon?
  • Andrew A
I think I like it...

While width can be an issue, it does not take up that much room (but of course, if you are already at the limits, 1 px more is 1 px too many!).

Wait and see for me, I just noticed it this morning so will need to see.
Andrew A

Posted Jun 04, 2010 in: Idea for future development of Toodledo
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Jun 04, 2010
I think that is the intent of the "goal chains" that goals have associated with them. The more tasks you complete associated with the goal on various day, the more links you have associated with that goal.

Not saying this is as good or better than you idea, just that the foundation for something similar has been thought of, but could use improvement.

https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?search=chains
Andrew A

• Andrew A
  • Posted: May 27, 2010
It's still there, just apparently more in line with other apple apps--When in a task list view, drag the screen down and the search field appears at the top (just like searching your mail)
Andrew A

Posted May 24, 2010 in: What we have been doing recently
Score: 1
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: May 24, 2010
  • Score: 1
Amen and thanks, but now that you mention it, the Page JS and Ajax feels less "heavy" overall as well. So perhaps we can notice some things (or perhaps I am imagining it as I also know what delight it is to start with clean new code)

@cjuzda, @PeterW, @Dave: Amen! Task management is not project management, agree with guys 100%
Andrew A

• Andrew A
  • Posted: May 07, 2010
I treat shopping as a series of projects...

I have an @errands context and then sep folders for what I need, e.g., costco, supermarlet, baby shop (got newborns, twins, trust me, baby shopping is a project).

When I am done, I either start adding new tasks to the project list or delete the folder until I need it again.

I can review by general errands I need to do or a specific project.

Works well for the most part for me.

Andrew
Andrew A

Score: 1
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: May 07, 2010
  • Score: 1
Cant imagine there is some sort of violation in play.... toodle-oo is good bye in common (archaic?) slang parlance, and toodledo isn't but a play on words!

Perhaps we are being offered our own song?
Andrew A

Posted May 06, 2010 in: Hide completed items on the iPad
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: May 06, 2010
Have you looked under filters to hide completed tasks? (I think taping the light blue border bring up the filter list nowadays). works that way on the iphone at least.
Andrew A

Posted May 04, 2010 in: Lost Data on Sync
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: May 04, 2010
Help & news (bottom left) > Contact Us > Support Ticket

http://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php
Andrew A

Posted May 04, 2010 in: How do you edit a Task?
  • Andrew A
Gotchya, now that's a different question and sounds more like an enhancement request.

Editing Fields that aren't visible.. so what you want is a screen where a selected task will be displayed with ALL possible fields displayed as editable fields? Always. and then be able to return to the normal view that we have where only selected fields are displayed?

(by the way Add a Task is affected by the fields you choose to display and shows fewer or more fields depending)
Andrew A

Posted May 04, 2010 in: How do you edit a Task?
  • Andrew A
Joe, have you tried just clicking the label? It ought to convert to a text field as you do.
Andrew A

Posted May 03, 2010 in: What's up with Remember the Milk?
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: May 03, 2010
@Peter
I've got to tell you, from strctly a Gtd perspective, and not commenting on td, I'm suspicious of these services that have so promininently created a digital inbox anchor as a key part of the ui and workflow (like nirvana) while shouting gtd. If you've time enough to type a note or forward an email you've time enough to process it 90% of the time (reviewing into a review pile as one of the specific no nos).
Andrew A

Posted Apr 30, 2010 in: Can't Search Toodledo
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Apr 30, 2010
Any new extensions installed? Using 3.6.3 on Ubunut Linux without a problem.

As always, a reboot and clearing the cache often fixes most issues.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next