ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Andrew A"
Andrew A

Posted Apr 27, 2010 in: Hide priority
Score: 0
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Apr 27, 2010
  • Score: 0
If it works the same way as it does on the iphone, under settings > Field and Defaults > select reorder button at top.

You can then drag them to the unused field section at the bottom.
Andrew A

Posted Apr 27, 2010 in: New Style - Toodledo Me Too
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Apr 27, 2010
Well done. While the style might not work for all people all the time, it is a huge leap ahead. Very well done!
Andrew A

Posted Apr 25, 2010 in: Overwhelmed
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Apr 25, 2010
Are you managing to capture it all yet, or are you still just capturing part of it all? (but most of it it will do?) That caused me stress initially.

Perhaps the system you set up in Toodledo doesn't work for your mindset and you need to revisit it? There is proximos approach, someone else has started a thread discussing theirs (scott?). I, for one, take a bare bones, list-based approach (like paper lists) use folders as projects, contexts as contexts (and anything can only have one primary context in my GTD/World view so I don't even use the tags), generally next action (occasionally) or waiting statuses. Since all tasks are really a series of next actions, I defer to the intuitive approach for task completion for the most part (what am I going to do now, based on energy context, priority kind of thing). I use star for those hyper important things that I know I will gladly and forcibly go out of my way to forget but must get done today. Works just great for me.

Allen's comment on the contracts we make with ourselves when we set a task really hit home for me, but over-calendaring was one thing I really had to work through. I save the calendar items for those things that MUST MUST MUST get done on a particular day and/or time. I definitely over calendared initially, which led to disappointment and frustration and after a review, realized that most of my calendar items were really items that were nice to dos, not MUSTs.

The constant review. Really, I do a weekly review, but truth be told, I must scan my lists countless times a day when entering or checking, just a couple of clicks on a couple of different folders or contexts, and it is all laid out for me, the reload and the intuitive what task or set of tasks I'm off to next.

I don't think GTD is really a project management system, it is a remembering management one that lets you free up some brain and shift from remembering what you have to do and get to the doing (just my opinion, not looking to cause a whole separate thread! LOL. This works for me). It is a PM system as a consequence, maybe, but not one as designed.

My two cents. My early frustrations. Hope this helps.

This message was edited Apr 25, 2010.
Andrew A

Posted Apr 20, 2010 in: Why Toodledo IS the Best for GTD
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Apr 20, 2010
(I have sort by context on in my folder main view and sort by date completed in my main main view! LOL) You mean instead of opening and closing the task list under the heading you want it to go to a dedicated view of that heading?

Or you mean, instead of starting an editing mode when you click on a field that it jump you to a view dedicated to that value (whether it be a folder, status or whatever)?
Andrew A

Posted Apr 19, 2010 in: taskjot and 2do on i-touch
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Apr 19, 2010
I would imagine that as long as you rememberd to synch before switching devices (including web interface), you would be OK. This advice, of course, would be for any app that synched with Toodledo.
Andrew A

Posted Apr 19, 2010 in: GTD & iPad & Toodledo at GTD Times
  • Andrew A
Maybe better for the "News Section" Just a Blog post from one person highlighting their use of all three.

http://www.gtdtimes.com/2010/04/17/gtd-ipad/
Andrew A

• Andrew A
Thnx. The book was great, but I find I need additional motivation and other things to mull over to keep my thought processes moving in the right direction.

This message was edited Apr 19, 2010.
Andrew A

Posted Apr 18, 2010 in: Freezing app.
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Apr 18, 2010
Ive not seen this exactly, but sounds like it is tied to your browser.

I've seen similar behavior here with Ubuntu Linux and beta builds of firefox (but I also at other web sites too, the beta was to blame).

Your running a beta version? Or perhaps an old version, or, most likely, installed a new add on after which the behavior started?
Andrew A

Posted Apr 17, 2010 in: Firefox plugin Sign Out problem
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Apr 17, 2010
@clarke

And if you are in anything larger than a mom and pop shop and trying to hide something from the boss, forget about it! LOL! If hiding from coworkers, the PeterWs suggestion is right on (setting your screensaver to lock your workstation in case your forget is also important)

The truth is there are soooo many ways that the company can either see what you are doing or record keystrokes, monitor you in general, that the password to one particular app is the least of your worries.
Andrew A

• Andrew A
  • Posted: Apr 15, 2010
And I would think that in the slim versions JavaScript support is too flaky across various phones to be dependable.
Andrew A

• Andrew A
GTD Best Practices of Doing

<snip>
We just posted the 5th podcast in our best practices series that we are making available to the public (which are normally exclusive to GTD Connect.)
</snip>

http://www.davidco.com/podcast.php
Andrew A

Posted Apr 15, 2010 in: Evernote integration
  • Andrew A
Well, that's another way to encourage people to go full super duper pro... I probably would have further upgraded my account, but the caveat that files of the same name would clobber each other was a show stopper for me. Either a few lines of PHP code and an extra column in the DB or Evernote would cure that.
Andrew A

Posted Apr 14, 2010 in: Google as OpenID provider
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Apr 14, 2010
I tried using yahoo, but it didn't work. From what I've gathered, yahoo uses openid 2.0 and toodledo an older verSion of the protocol(or so I thought).
Andrew A

Posted Apr 14, 2010 in: How many open projects?
Score: 2
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Apr 14, 2010
  • Score: 2
I would think, after your description perhaps a folder called "Peaceful Life" that lists each of your criteria and goals, and then as each section becomes actionable, you can tick it off that "peaceful" list and then create a new folder with each of the actionable items therein... e.g, check off Remodel Kitchen from the peacful folder and then create a new "Remodel Kitchen" folder with all the actionable or soon to be actionable tasks that you are aware of.

I'm sure others will have other opinions, this is just one thought and how I approach these things, I have the thought, but if it isn't really actionable I just bullet point it for now until it is pertinent.
Andrew A

Posted Apr 13, 2010 in: Increasing security
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Apr 13, 2010
I see you cross-posted, though you could have started your own thread maybe best of all, but huh? I think you are mixing apples and oranges... Swiss Disk, from my quick read of it, is creating a secure environment on your desktop and backing it up to the cloud where you can access that securely from a web browser (their service). So not sure what you are really asking. The pro version of Toodledo allows you to use SSL, but again not sure what you are asking or looking for.

My best advice would be to first articulate what you are looking for really and what your needs are (in a new thread) so that everyone who might have some information can find your post and comment on it.

This message was edited Apr 13, 2010.
Andrew A

Posted Apr 12, 2010 in: Increasing security
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Apr 12, 2010
I hesitate to suggest anything if you aren't familiar with that kind of file or text encryption (especially since you can really get to the point that if you lose your key you cannot decrypt the data... no backdoor, no software you can buy, etc and that is exactly the point).....

http://www.pgp.com/downloads/desktoptrial/desktoptrial2.html

I would focus on what abilities you have after the 30-day expiration, it reverts to the freeware version (which lets you encrypt/decrypt straight text or files).

<snip>
The following limited functionality (equivalent to prior versions of PGP Freeware) will continue after the initial 30-day period:

At the end of the trial period, any local disks that have been encrypted using PGP Whole Disk Encryption will automatically decrypt.

PGP file encryption and signing, PGP Zip, “Current Window”, and “Clipboard” functionality will continue to allow encryption, and you will still be able to use the decryption capabilities for all PGP Desktop Trial product functions, thus ensuring that any encrypted data remains accessible.
</snip>

Good luck, Google lots. And then google again.
Andrew A

Posted Apr 12, 2010 in: Increasing security
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Apr 12, 2010
For the truly paranoid (though this of course adds time to the easy access, in and out of the note), you could use something like PGP, either to encrypt files you upload or to encrypt the text within a notebook entry?? then even folks at Toodledo couldn't peak at the contents.

Though the "truly" paranoid are not likely to put anything out in a cloud or a service to start with... LOL!
Andrew A

Posted Apr 11, 2010 in: What's up with Remember the Milk?
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Apr 11, 2010
There's something to be said about a great name ant perhaps the level of task management is apprpriate to their user base. I turned one friend onto toodledo and another to reqall. The reqal user is in love and doesn't need or thinks he needs anything approahing td. Not familiar with their forums, but that could be part if it and what they envision for their product.

As far as vision goes, I think toodledo has it nearly right. Flexibilty for various tasking approaches including gtd. There's nothing in my reading of Allen's works that ever says what gtd looks like, just that your customized system achieve certain goals through suggested mental And physical approaches that take burden and psychic cost off the user.
Andrew A

• Andrew A
Posted by Jon_R:
At the same time I can see how it would be useful though as another way to enter in tasks.

Yeah, I thought about this a little bit yesterday, I process as I enter for the most part (as opposed to the "review stack to review later" Allen jokes about at some point in his book), so this really would be a quick entry (faster entry, fewer mouse clicks and drop downs, fer sure)
Andrew A

• Andrew A
Yeah, I can confirm that under Firefox 3.6.3 Windows 7, F11 shows/hides Task details and F10 goes to the tag view. Didn't try the rest, figured that would be enough to confirm the behavior.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next