Search results for "Posted by Andrew A"
Andrew A

Posted Sep 14, 2010 in: What Have Your Read GTD Poll
Score: 0
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Sep 14, 2010
  • Score: 0
from GTD Times.

"We’d love to know how many of you have read Getting Things Done, Ready For Anything or Making It All Work."

http://www.gtdtimes.com/2010/09/10/what-have-you-read-take-a-quick-poll/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_m edium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GtdTimes+%28GTD+Times%29

Just sharing
Andrew A

• Andrew A
  • Posted: Sep 14, 2010
I don't care about the external service used. On the one hand, sure that would be nice, on the other hand, it would be unnecessary if implemented more conveniently here.

I don't mind paying my $15 a year, but I would love it if the file attachments didn't clobber each other. If you put up two different files with the same name, only one survives.
Andrew A

• Andrew A
  • Posted: Sep 07, 2010
Posted by PeterW:
@tbaker - sounds like a really cool idea.

Although I sometimes wonder if we're advancing the forgetfullness of humankind.

Without a doubt. I used to remember every phone number I had to dial throughout the week, and a few I only called monthly... then cell phones came on the scene, and now there are times when I have to pause for a second to recite either my home or cell number.
Andrew A

Posted Sep 07, 2010 in: Evernote integration
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Sep 07, 2010
Look forward to playing with that...
Andrew A

• Andrew A
  • Posted: Aug 31, 2010
I see no need for it (-1), and don't think it is particularly GTD since it adds complexity without a corresponding uptick in task simplicity... but that said, it doesn't mean I have to use it if it is ever introduced! LOL! There are times when adding more does not affect those of us who think less is more.
Andrew A

Posted Aug 27, 2010 in: Locations, Reverse Sort, and More
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Aug 27, 2010
True, but there's a lot honesty regarding the feature and how things are implemented. I also am one of those thousands that created a location, and have deleted it today.

For me, a location is a sort of context, and therefore redundant since they are not the same attribute.

I'm going to have an @work context and @work location? Nope. I think it would be more intuitively implemented this way, contexts with geo data and those without (like @ phone) but I agree, it is just my one opinion among all the thousands of competing ones.

Maybe there is an efficient way to use it, but right now I don't see it and someone else will have to explain it.
Andrew A

Posted Aug 25, 2010 in: Locations, Reverse Sort, and More
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Aug 25, 2010
Awesome! Now to see if we can tie location and context together... (it just never ends with friggin users).

@Andrew
Its easy once you know... read the Google and Yahoo API available and tie a small test to any scripting lang you know!

Hmmm.... Unknown (GPS unavailable) message even after sharing location. And it doesn't seem to set manually yet either....

Hmmmm location value not remembered in Location view (it is blank as if the location was never selected) https://www.toodledo.com/views/location.php actually in all views. Might have to do with GPS issue above?

This message was edited Aug 25, 2010.
Andrew A

• Andrew A
  • Posted: Aug 25, 2010
LOL. Toodledo's flexibility is its curse! I would disagree about the parent/child issue since the subtask can stand on its own and can pop up separately with the right view settings. I could have a parent task that really doesn't need to be on my radar, but a phone call subtask that does.

Perhaps and probably it should be handled differently, yeah, but in the a view (e.g., hotlist) where the tasks are flattened, the subtask appears. When indented it doesn't. A workaround, I agree, for now.

Nested substasks? Don't think they are needed and would just add complexity to something that is supposed to simplify task management (as opposed to project management), but loads of people seem to want them!

This message was edited Aug 25, 2010.
Andrew A

• Andrew A
  • Posted: Aug 19, 2010
I know I have seen this topic before, and it has been suggested also in light of the occasional spam thread. As far as F/T I've seen their want ads and I think they were looking for F/T employees! It could of course be an elaborate scam, LOL, but I doubt it: http://www.toodledo.com/info/jobs.php

I think we are all eager for some visible improvement, but sometimes the best kind of improvement is invisible and less tangible, like the speed improvement last week.
Andrew A

Posted Aug 16, 2010 in: What we have been doing recently
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Aug 16, 2010
@Irklak LOL... well, I suppose that a weekly review app would let you sort and organize tasks by various criteria and cross reference them across project and context so you are likely to see them more than once when reviewing... like @work *Project Widget so you can see the task under the project and the context views... maybe even a status or tag view as well.... wait... we already have that! LOL. Just poking a little fun, but I often hear a wish from a user who wants something they can't fully articulate. They often already have what they were looking for, just aren't aware of it. Hope that is the case here!

This message was edited Aug 16, 2010.
Andrew A

Posted Aug 11, 2010 in: Feels Faster?
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Aug 11, 2010
there was a "broadcast" message across the top of the screen yesterday saying there was going to be some maintenance around 10pm CST. It was red and right below the menu choices (show/hide details) and before the main content area.

Gotta tell you, I almost missed it myself. Sort have trained myself not to see red since everyone else has always got an emergency going! LOL! Hot Pink. It should have been hot pink.
Andrew A

Posted Aug 11, 2010 in: Set Default "Due ON"
  • Andrew A
Under settings > New Task Defaults, you have some options for default due dates (today, tomorrow, 2 days, and some other settings).

https://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=18
Andrew A

Posted Aug 11, 2010 in: Feels Faster?
  • Andrew A
Feels Faster, no?

Not to make too much of last night's maintenance, but the site feels noticeably faster this morning, no? Switching between folders and whatnot feels immediately more responsive.

Or did I just catch it when I was (somehow) the only user on? (doubt it, not when their app is a top seller in iTunes).
Andrew A

Posted Aug 10, 2010 in: What we have been doing recently
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Aug 10, 2010
@Salgud +1
Andrew A

Posted Aug 03, 2010 in: Variable Folder View?
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Aug 03, 2010
OK, so we all have a long list of folders... but wouldn't it be nice if somehow a folder could drop from the Folder view (https://www.toodledo.com/views/folder.php) without being archived or deleted when there were no visible "to dos" in it?

I have projects that are sporadic, but constant, and from time to time, those folders remain idle and empty until it is time to add something else to them.

Now, I'm not saying they should disappear from the add task folder dropdown, just from the list across the top of the browser to conserve space. When you added a task (email, add task, future task becomes visible, whatever) and there is now a visible task in it, well, then it pops back onto the list of visible folders

I'm sure others could enhance it and think it out further and its management, but I want to mention this as a potential starting point. Or an enhanced UI, which might make more sense, but the thought just occurred and here it is.
Andrew A

Posted Jul 29, 2010 in: The predictability of unpredictablity
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2010
Agreed with both. As the father of infant twins, it has been a challenge.

If you've read David Allen's GTD, it touches how we decide what our next task is based on context, time, energy, and priority. The four factors, constraints, whatever you want to call them, and how taking these things into mind helps us intuitively decide what to do next off our list, e.g., and facetiously, grabbing the trash on the wait out the door for the 3am cup of coffee on the stoop, or altering my drive home so it goes by the Babies-r-us and supermarkets so I can be in the right context for food shop (and save time actually since I don't have to ever drive there anymore!).

But I hope you get my drift. Do things when you can, how you can, where you can, in the time you have and as long as things get done, some progress is made.

My thoughts on the matter might change as they get older, but this working for me now.
Andrew A

Posted Jul 29, 2010 in: News forum
Score: 1
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2010
  • Score: 1
Agreed. People posting to ancient product announcements for known and/or fixed bugs always ruffles my feathers.

This message was edited Jul 29, 2010.
Andrew A

Posted Jul 23, 2010 in: GTD Electronic book
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Jul 23, 2010
Funny, I wonder if there is a way (other than a US-based proxy service which could be construed as violating some country's crazy concept of copyright which I would never recommend) to purchase the book properly? I know there have been times that I had to go to Amazon.uk to buy something for my wife... and actually come to think of it, one of those times we were denied the right to download some music.
Andrew A

Posted Jul 22, 2010 in: Timer function in mobile apps
Score: -1
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Jul 22, 2010
  • Score: -1
lisaniel27 is a spammer (and according to her profile, she's been posting the same post since Jan) any way we can pull her creds or IP ban her? Ever post leads back to the time management site.
Andrew A

Posted Jul 21, 2010 in: GTD Electronic book
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Jul 21, 2010
Um, I have the Kindle version and only recently book the electronic version of this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Getting-Things-Done-Productivity-ebook/dp/B000WH7PKY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1279719693&sr=1-1

But not sure what other formats you are looking for.

It is also at http://www.ebooks.com/ebooks/book_display.asp?IID=254891

This message was edited Jul 21, 2010.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next