Score: 0
  • JCarl
  • Posted: Jun 27, 2011
  • Score: 0
I am assuming that you know that at the top of tasks there is

____
____
____

This allows the organization of your data in a number of different views.

Thanks
JCarl

Posted Jun 27, 2011 in: Sharing Feature
  • JCarl
  • Posted: Jun 27, 2011
JB,

One note of item, while I agree that collaboration problematic, I have found that just logging onto Toodledo through Safari on the Ipad is pretty nice and allows you to see the collaboration. This of course does not help if you do not have Wifi or high speed phone service like on an airplane but works good when they are available.
JCarl

• JCarl
  • Posted: Jun 26, 2011
Toodledo provides a fabulous product for bringing it all together. Outside of collaboration which they are working hard on it is great. Pocket Informant runs on the IPOD Touch and I thought Toodledo did also. Synchronization to a mobile device provides a good solution. Hope all works out.
JCarl

• JCarl
  • Posted: Jun 25, 2011
You can check the third party apps that sync with Toodledo, not as powerful especially if you share, but if you don't examples like Task Angel are not too bad. Using one of these you still have Toodledo sync for use on Iphone, Ipad,etc.

http://www.toodledo.com/tools/directory.php
JCarl

Posted Jun 22, 2011 in: Email and Collaboration
  • JCarl
  • Posted: Jun 22, 2011
While awaiting a broader feature set on collaboration a relatively limited enhancement of the ability to email a task would be very helpful and that is to have the ability to add the task notes to the email. This would be a quick and simple form of Comment-Chaining seen in other project management software. Suggestion would be to have (2) email options

Email
Email-With Notes

This would allow quick notification of teams set up as Outlook groups to see notes on task progress.

Thanks for consideration.
JCarl

Posted Jun 16, 2011 in: Ipad Safari Vs App
  • JCarl
  • Posted: Jun 16, 2011
How many just use Safari and log into Toodledo versus one of the apps.
JCarl

• JCarl
  • Posted: Jun 10, 2011
Where is Permanent link option
Thanks
JCarl

• JCarl
Ok, I think I solved the mecoper post which is also mine. If you follow the documentation of negative priority or something not used in the rest of the To Do list and use an Advanced Search for that field AND add an additional AND of Has Subtask-Yes, it will bring in both the task and the subtasks. I did not find this to be the case unless the second rule of bringing in the "has subtask" was added. I may be wrong on this necessity. I can then multi edit anything I want including folders. Toodledo would have to confirm, if so might be good addition to documentation on templates
JCarl

• JCarl
Are you using the repeat column or duplicating the task and subtasks?
JCarl

Posted Jun 08, 2011 in: Renaming Saved Searches
  • JCarl
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2011
I save to the same name without any problem.
JCarl

Posted Jun 07, 2011 in: Collaboration Questions
  • JCarl
  • Posted: Jun 07, 2011
Please add Folder to the sharing activity summary and notification email also as in Toodledo it is interchangeable in many uses as a Project. This is minimal information needed to track and be notified by collaborators.
JCarl

Posted Jun 07, 2011 in: Collaboration Questions
  • JCarl
  • Posted: Jun 07, 2011
Please consider adding as a first step the name of the collaborator that completed an assigned task to the email notification. This is a must when you are collaborating with multiple people and tasks can have similar descriptions.
JCarl

Posted May 28, 2011 in: VERY NAUGHTY TOODLEDO!
Score: 1
  • JCarl
  • Posted: May 28, 2011
  • Score: 1
Very harsh post for a program that at maximum costs $29.95 per year. I think Toodledo knows and has stated the importance of enhanced collaboration which would extend to web base and iphone application. I for one do not see any misleading attempts on the developers part, just overwhelming requests on a very reasonably priced product both for the Iphone app and the service.
JCarl

Posted May 28, 2011 in: VOTE: Your Top Two Toodledo Requests
  • JCarl
  • Posted: May 28, 2011
Same priorities as judso2020 with elaboration on collaboration as follows:

1. Ability to see assigned tasks on ME by having an assignor/assignee file
2. Ability to receive emails from collaborators who are sharing folders of changes in the items
3. Name of collaborator and Parent Task if subtask on email notifications
JCarl

Posted May 22, 2011 in: Group Collaboration
  • JCarl
  • Posted: May 22, 2011
I have written before on group collaboration using "dummy" gmail addresses as a project and then sharing folders with many Toodledo users. After further thought just a couple modifications would bring this all together addressing a huge part of collaboration:

1. Add Assignor/Assignee so Assignments don't leave my Me list. I know this is on the list.

2. Email Notification: Add who the collaborator was to the task change in the email similar to the summary chart you have now.

3. New Inovation: When giving permission to share, allow the collaborator to receive notifications of changes at the folder level. This way entire groups could see changes made to your own list, dummy accounts or people sharing with you. This would result in great strides of collaboration.

Any thoughts.
JCarl

Posted Apr 27, 2011 in: Corporate Use Of Toodledo
  • JCarl
  • Posted: Apr 27, 2011
I am a CFO of a company and originally used Toodledo individually but now have expanded it to corporate use. I am glad to see that collaboration is a high priority. I have set up a different way of using Toodledo in combination with extra "dummy" gmail addresses and Toodledo subscriptions due to the reasonable cost as follows:

1. I can see my employee's select shared folders through the simple collaboration feature.

2. If multiple employees are working on a reoccuring project I grab a dummy gmail address, subscribe to Toodledo Pro and thus have created the ability to to have a shared major project with many people. An example would be Operations. I set up a gmail account something like CompOper, organize the whole structure and then assign sharing responsibilities. The whole account shows as a collaborator on my account. It eliminates many things and allows full Folder-Task-Subtask unique to the segment of the company.

3. I set up advanced searches in both the database and on my machine for many things, due date by employee, etc.

4. Now the request for improvement. If Toodledo would have an "Assigned To Field" that allows for multiple people it would be a great help. I am currently using intials in the Location field. Not very efficient and still can only assign one intial or one combination of intials.

5. The final item which would also apply to everyone's general use would be the options as follows:
A. Leave assignments on ME for monitoring even if using the Re-assign.
B. Option to assign a task without it moving to the assignee account. As you know it only moves to the No Folder account anyways. With my approach they see the example CompOper and create there own advanced search of their responsibilities and you have all the Folder-Task-Subtask already set up.

C. Allow notifications of updates be configured at the account level if any collaborator makes a change even if they are making the change to something they were not re-assigned to. In my instance I would like to see any changes made to the dummy accounts.

Any other thoughts or corporate application techniques being used by others?

Thanks
JCarl

• JCarl
  • Posted: Apr 01, 2011
I will second the hope it is high on the list as current features are very difficult to use in corporate enviroment.Need to assign to multiple people and retain assignments on Me list
JCarl

Posted Mar 23, 2011 in: Toodledo Hotlist
  • JCarl
  • Posted: Mar 23, 2011
It would be helpful when emailing the Toodledo Hotlist to include the name of the Task a subtask is associated with.

Thanks for Consideration
JCarl

Posted Mar 22, 2011 in: Upload Multiple files
  • JCarl
  • Posted: Mar 22, 2011
The additional solution is to have linked files versus uploaded files. This is very important.
JCarl

Posted Mar 22, 2011 in: Collaboration Questions
  • JCarl
  • Posted: Mar 22, 2011
I am in total agreement that collaboration is high priority. I have requested a number of times that their be an Assignee field and Assignor Field and allow assignments without dropping off my list. This also can't be done on Iphone apps whether Toodledo or others until Toodledo addresses this at the cloud version. Additionally while I appreciate the new notification emails the formatting identifying who did the task etc is all lumped together especially if their are numerous updates. Collaboration is the highest item on my list as I use extensively in our organization but have had to use the Context field and Location as substitutes for status and ability to see who I have assigned to still on my screen.
Thanks
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next